Visio Hyperlinks - right click to execute? prefer double click?

Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template
for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will
work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a
'right click' to execute????  Would like to execute using double click
feature?  Any advice would be GREAT!!  Thanks..../d
0
Deb (109)
2/1/2007 6:52:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the
EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to
=HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address)

"Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a
> template
> for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will
> work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks
> require a
> 'right click' to execute????  Would like to execute using double click
> feature?  Any advice would be GREAT!!  Thanks..../d

0
davidp1 (199)
2/2/2007 12:37:23 AM
Thanks for the reply - sorry I am not familar with

'EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to
> =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address)" - is that something in the Off

Is this an Off-Page connector "add on?" that i read about in the article - ?
http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/06/27/647570.aspx

I'm fairly new to Visio and went to Book Store for some books but there are
NONE - I can't believe it - I will of course order one (once I research one
that is good) but for now, I search the web....

"David Parker" wrote:

> If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the
> EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to
> =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address)
>

> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a
> > template
> > for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will
> > work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks
> > require a
> > 'right click' to execute????  Would like to execute using double click
> > feature?  Any advice would be GREAT!!  Thanks..../d

0
Deb (109)
2/2/2007 7:08:01 AM
The Visio 2007 help, is pretty bad, but look for the on-line Developing
Micrsoft Visio Solutions (for 2002 version) in the Microsoft web site.  It
is pretty
good.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa217846(office.10).aspx

The main skill is to understand what you can do in the ShapeSheet, which is
available under the Windows menu

> Thanks for the reply - sorry I am not familar with
>
> 'EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to
>> =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address)" - is that something in the Off
>
> Is this an Off-Page connector "add on?" that i read about in the article -
> ?
> http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/06/27/647570.aspx
>
> I'm fairly new to Visio and went to Book Store for some books but there
> are
> NONE - I can't believe it - I will of course order one (once I research
> one
> that is good) but for now, I search the web....
>
> "David Parker" wrote:
>
>> If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the
>> EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to
>> =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address)
>>

>> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a
>> > template
>> > for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks
>> > will
>> > work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks
>> > require a
>> > 'right click' to execute????  Would like to execute using double click
>> > feature?  Any advice would be GREAT!!  Thanks..../d

0
davidp1 (199)

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

get rid of underline for hyperlink
Hi there, Can any one tell, how to get rid of underline for a hyperlink (need hyperlink for text but don't want underline) in publisher. Thx R Publisher has no support for removing the standard of underlining hyperlinks in either a print publication or a web publication. If you are developing a web publication you can achieve it manually, refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/faq.htm -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Raja" <raja_voruganti@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:22f201c37a13...

Using Picasso Photo Viewer to Open Excel Hyperlink in MS 2007?
I want to use Picasso Photo Viewer (PPV) to open images that are HTML linked within a MS Officer 2007 - Excel spreadsheet. I've looked at file associations (using MS 7 OS) - but to no avail. Currently, IE opens up, then prompts me for an Active X overide and opens it with Quicktime. Any solutions please? In XP with MS Office 2003, it was just a matter of chaning the image to a proprietory PNG file. PPV is engaged if I just open the image within the folder - but not from the spreadsheet HTML link? ...

Hyperlinks #12
How do i clear all hyperlinks on a page? One at a time. High-light the hyperlink, insert, hyperlink, remove. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shirls" <Shirls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A988F136-30CA-4ECF-9940-9837852F77C8@microsoft.com... > How do i clear all hyperlinks on a page? With the Cntrl key down, select each Hyperlink and then select Insert, Hyperlink, Remove seems to work. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Shirls" <Shirls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Opening specific worksheet from hyperlink
I can open a workbook from a hyperlink on a webpage, but I want to have several links which will open specific worksheets within the workbook. Can I do this and if so, how do I specify the sheet? Insert named ranges, and then add #NamedRange to the end of the hyperlink. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/named_ranges_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "AndrewMead" <AndrewMead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0070F29A-6D7F-4415-9DAB-7A2A97067A73@microsoft.com... > I can open a workbook from a hyperlink on a webp...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

Ruined hyperlinks...
Hello everybody! I have a spreadsheet that contains details about various TXT files: the first column contains the files' names, and the following columns describe various parameters of the files. Every cell in the first column is also a hyperlink, to that particular file. The localisation of the files on the hard-drive is such that each one is in its own subfolder in D:\Data\. When I opened the spreadsheet today, I noticed that none of the links were working, and when I checked the hyperlinks, they had all changed from D:\Data\Subfolder\File.txt into C:\Documents and S...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Excel formula fails to execute; remains text
For some reason I have a cell that when I enter a formula, it does no give the result of the formula but just continues to show the equatio as if it were text. I'm careful to make sure the equal sign is i front of the equation. For example, in the attached jpeg screen capture I simply entered formula of "=D424" (no quotes) to show the contents of cell D424. Instead of giving me the value "23.00", it shows "=D424". The cel below performs just fine. Any insight as to what's causing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks, Cor -- Message posted from h...

create a line with 2 colours in visio
Hi How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? I cant figure out how to do it. What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown say for a plug colours. Thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:25:10 -0700 (PDT), Chris <cconnell_1@lycos.com> wrote: >Hi >How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? >I cant figure out how to do it. > >What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ >wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown...

hyperlink
Hey, Is it possible to put a hyperlink in your userform. I would like to have, that when a label is clicked, that the user is connected to a website. Does anyone has a clue? thx Depending on what you have in the label: Option Explicit Private Sub Label1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "http://" & Me.Label1.Caption 'or 'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "http://youraddresshere.com" End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.Label1.Caption = "WWW.Microsoft.com" End Sub tinybears wrote: > > Hey, > > Is it poss...

XML format of Visio Control....
Hi, Is there any way to get the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) without saving it physically in disk ? In other word is it possible to generate the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) for any change we do there without needing to save it in hdd ??? Thank You in advance. ...

Outlook stops responding when clicking on folders
I'm running Win2k/Office2000, After installing all fixes and patches, everytime I click on a folder in Outlook, the program freezes or stops responding for a good amount of time, eventually it starts running again. It sounds like it has to check all of the something cause I hear my HD working hard. Is anyone out there with the same problem?? On 10/23/2003 1:08 PM, Greg Bravo wrote: > I'm running Win2k/Office2000, After installing all fixes > and patches, everytime I click on a folder in Outlook, the How big is your PST file? The PST may sitting on some bad blocks on y...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #3
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

how do i use files from visio 4.1 with visio 2007
I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:22:03 -0700, Wenbob20 <Wenbob20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the >file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 >and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? Were you able to load...

Excel Object Hyperlinking Failure Issue
Working with Excel 2003, I have a customer who can place a hyperlink onto a cell value, and be able to follow the hyperlink. However, when they attach a hyperlink to an object (Autoshape etc) the hyperlink hangs, and fails showing a never end hour glass. Any suggestions? Is this a property setting somewhere? ...

executing a stored procedure on MS SQL Server 2000 within MS Excel 2000
Hi everybody I prepared a pivot table based on an external database source (a table on MS SQL Server 2000). Now I would like to add a button which will execute a stored procedure on the server (procedure recalculating data in above table) and than will refresh the pivot table. I appreciate any help. Cheers ...

Visio 5 Help appears in Visio 2000
I have had Visio 2000 installed for a while on a Dell laptop running Win2K with the latest patches. Originally, I had Visio 5, and kept this installation while I made sure that Visio 2000 was stable, which was in 2002. I still have Visio 5 installed. My problem: Whenever I access the Help menu from Visio 2000, the title bar on the Help file indicates that I am accessing Visio 5 Help. I looked in the registry and found some entries all pointing to Visio 5 ..HLP and .CNT files. I changed the path to point to Visio 2000, but the Visio 2K help files are all .CHM - so naturally I get an err...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #2
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

Permanently attaching Comment Tags to Visio Shapes
I would like to know how to keep the comment tags I assign to Visi shapes permanently attached to the shape. The way it is now, if I mov a shape, I have to go back and move its comment tag separately. Thi essentially makes moving a shape a two-step process -- mpstockdal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpstockdale's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=437 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=120153 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Visio has two forms of comments. The one you used is independant of any ...

Help Designing an Hyperlink process in Excel
This is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a list of site ID in a sheet, about 2000 say. and on another sheet I have a table showing the break down of those sites. I want to create an Hyperlink scenario, in the breakdown table, such that when I click a number in the table, I want to create a subset of the site ID table in another sheet, and make that sheet the active sheet. Any ideas? Instead I would use a worksheet event double click macro and avoid hyperlinks altogether. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a ...

Strange problem while executing MFC Application
Hi i am working on IVR system, while MFC dialog based application, using TAPI 3.1, VC++ 6, and Windows XP. Hardware involved U.S Robotics modem and anda small Exchange for telephony application testing. When i execute my application some times it runs correctly and some time give the following message and closing the application: "Tapi Test MFC application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenious." "f you are in middle of something, the information you are working on might be lost" "Please tell Microsoft about this problem"...