Visio asking for Visual Basic for Applications.............................HELP!!! tia

My work laptop came with visio 2003 and when I try to merge an excel
table it is asking for the Visual Basic for Applications.  Is this
something I can download some where?  Thanx in advance.
0
dryer (8)
5/14/2004 5:25:15 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I suspect that it is included in the trial version. CAVEAT becareful that
you don't over write
your production legal system with the trial software. I'd suggest you go
back to those that
loaded it onto your system. Another source is the VBA6.2 SDK which is
available for download
from MS.
Al
"Boll Weevil" <dryer@maytag.com> wrote in message
> My work laptop came with visio 2003 and when I try to merge an excel
> table it is asking for the Visual Basic for Applications.  Is this
> something I can download some where?  Thanx in advance.

0
edlund1 (616)

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

help with percent #2
thanks i will try what you suggested and let you know if it works for m -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26245 ...

Wrote a macro in visual basic editor, can't get it to repeat the action
Hi all, I built a worksheet that copied data from sheet 1 into sheet 2 using V editor. However now I want the line data I enter in sheet 1 to copy into shee 2 in perpetuity and it is not working. I am fairly new to working in visual basic but have had tremendou success until now. If anyone can offer any suggestion I would b immensely thankful. Matt in S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may post your existing macro for checking :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > I built a worksheet that copied data from sheet 1 into sheet ...

excel newb needs some help making multiple sheets communicate for ecommerce project!
Hey All, Quick intro, I sell clothes on eBay, and I am now switching to an excel based listing tool. What I need to do is integrate the data that I download into CSV format, to keep track of inventory in my excel sheet that I currently have listed and sold, so that I know exactly how much of a particular item I can put up. I have a good bite on this project considering this is the first time I have used formulas in excel, but it is a big one! So what I have are 3 sheets. Current Inventory, Active, and Sold. Each item will have a "Private ID" tag associated with it. So for instance...

Help ! formatting data to text

3'rd Party Application to Allow Word 2007 Equation Compatibility

Help please
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that I keep golf scores and with some formulas I maintain my golf handicap. I would like to have an interface, form, etc that will allow me to do the following: 1) Enter data for a golf round (name, date, course, rating1, rating2, score) 2) Display data for a golfer 3) Perform functions on the data in the spreadsheet (modify/delete data, compute handicaps, etc) I'm not sure if there is something within Excel (VBA?) that will allow this or if there is some shareware or freeware that is specifically designed for this but any help would be gre...

asking about pipe line
hi, all the information I get from the pipe line is the same to that I input into the pipe what is wrong with this piece of code? how to change it? thanks. // tryPipe3.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include "tryPipe3.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #endif // The one and only application object CWinApp theApp; using namespace std; int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode =3D 0; // initialize MFC and print and error on failure if (!AfxWinInit(::GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, ::GetCo...

Code help please
When looking for a record that has duplicate last names I can press cmdNext to get the next record. The source control is based on a master query. Once I keep pressing the cmdNext it will find all the codes. When it gets to the end of the cmdNext I would like something to say that this is the end of the records. I don't believe it is a recordset and I'm not sure how to check and see if it is. This is the code for the cmdNext. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Private Sub cmdNext_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdNext_Click Screen.PreviousControl.SetFoc...

Money Plus, receiving error message since 12/26, cant login HELP
We recently installed the trial version of MS Money Plus Home and Business, we wanted to test it out to see if its what we really needed. I had been using it for about 45 days when all of a sudden on 12/26 I started receving the following message after I entered my login info. "MS Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We appologize for the inconvenience" Please tell microsoft about this problem, send error report. I am using a laptop computer and there have been no changes made to this computer since I loaded this trial which is set to expire next week. I tried ...

Alphabetizing Help
These are my data: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Smith William Jones Weston Ashby Albert Aaron Fred Smith Elaine White Tom Jones Albert Column A contains the LAST NAMES and Column B has the FIRST NAMES. I need help in a formula that will alphabetize the names in Column C i this format : LAST NAME, FIRST NAME Note that there are 2 entries for "Smith" and "Jones" and this is wher I get stumped. Please help ... thanks and regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Badly need help with a function
How do i create a function to give me the following mathematical formula: (a+b+c+d+e+f)/N * 6/N Where a-f are numbers between 0-9 inclusive and importantly N = 6 - (the number of values a-f that are '0') example numbers = 1 3 5 7 0 8 Then N= 5 So answer is 24/5 *6/5 = 5.76 Thanks Simon -- simon Say your 6 numbers a to f are in cells A1 to F1. N can be calculated as a formula, say in G1, =COUNTIF(A1:F1,"<>0") Then your final answer can be calculated as a formula, say in H1, =(SUM(A1:F1)/G1)*(6/G1) Note that this expression can be...

Get icon of another application
Hi, How can I load/display the icon of another application that is currently running (say, given that I know the value of it's HWND)? Thanks, - Alan >How can I load/display the icon of another application that is currently running >(say, given that I know the value of it's HWND)? Alan, Try sending WM_GETICON to the window. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Wouldn't that fail because the application is not running in my address space? - Alan P.S. I tried it with one example window and it returned 0 (as I thought it might). But... even if it did return ...

Server Error in '/' Application. 01-16-06
Hi There; We upgraded our CRM from 1.2 to version 3.0 today,we now get the below error when attempting to connect to CRM. The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 with SQL2000 SP4. Your comments would be appreciated. :) Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ComponentModel...

can i restore a file when asked to save i hit no, can you help?
I was working in word 2007 and when I closed out, it asked me to save can I retrieve that file? I had saved it several times while working on it. Assuming it wasn't a file you'd opened from an email attachment, then the last saved version should be exactly where you left it. But you can't retrieve the changes you made after the last time you saved it. (If it had been opened from an email attachment, then you were "saving" it to a temp folder, and it went away when you closed Word.) On Nov 28, 4:35=A0pm, Linda <Li...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

Please help!
Hi Folks, I already have this fuction below that makes my details section of my report in colour Grey, if my control "[QuaniteRecu]" = true Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) If [QuaniteRecu] = True Then Me.Section(0).BackColor = 12632256 Else Me.Section(0).BackColor = vbWhite End If End Sub Now I will like to if there a similar function that can make my text boxes on my report in colour "grey" if the quantity in into my text boxes are higher than 0. Can someone tell me which function I can use to make this happening? ...

Help, 52 Worksheets
I created a spreadsheet and made 51 more copies of it. The first work sheet has Report # 1, now i want to change the report number by 1 on each spreadsheet, Report 2, Report 3, etc. Is there a simple formula I can use so i dont have to change all 52 spreadsheets individually? You have a cell on each sheet that you want Report 1, 2, 3 etc. incremented across sheets? Sub Number_Increment() Dim myword As String Dim iCtr As Long myword = "Report " For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1") .Value = myword & iCtr ...

Spreadsheet help!!!
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Information and Table in the worksheet Information, cell S24 if the number is greater than or equal to $100,000 but less than $149,999 then I'd like it to put in cell S25 the number $3000. Also if the number is between $150,000 to $199,999 i'd like it to put in $3500 in the S25 cell. Any help would be highly appreciated... Thanks alex -- alexm999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4918 View this thread: http://www.excel...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

need format help
I have a rather large spreadsheet in excel 2000. I've created an empty column (K) next to a column that contains numeric data (L). How can I get excel to place the current date in column k when i change the numeric data in column L. Obviously I am over my head here, and any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. You can reply to the group, or e-mail me @ boltman17@comcast.net. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!!! Hi based on code Dave Peterson posted some days ago you can use the following VBA code: It will insert the current date in column K if something is entered...

help with commissions calculations
I hope this is the place to post this....i am a newbie here! so if make mistakes please accept my apologies in advance. I want to create a table (using excell 2003) that calculate commissions (for instance). Something like on the first 100 10% on the second 100 15% on the third 100 20% on the forth 100 25% and so on........ I would like to have the amounts and percentages change easily with minimun amount of entry work (say for instance if the amount changes t the first 150 instead of 100 or if the percentage changes from 10% t 11%). I would like to see columns show the name of the ...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Help on adjusting # of rows
I am creating a workbook for my estimating company. To link jobs together throughout the different spreadsheets, i have clicked on the column, copied it , and paste specialed a link to the other spreads. The only problem with this is that it has made the size of my document 28 MB... My question is, is there any way that you can manually adjust the amount of rows in a spreadsheet, or even more helpful, is there a way that you can only print cells that have actual text inside of the cell. If this is not possible, I have to manually go in and highlight what i want to print, and deal with the 28 m...