Visio 2007 XML Schema Definition

Hi,

I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not find
it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions
but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need the one
for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it.

Thanks!
0
emily2007 (2)
5/14/2009 12:53:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

DatadiagramML Schema is in the Visio SDK Documentation

"emily2007" <emily2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not
> find
> it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions
> but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need the
> one
> for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it.
>
> Thanks!

0
davidp1 (199)
5/17/2009 9:20:18 AM
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply but I need the schema in .xsd format. I know that the
schema definition of Visio 2003 was available in .xsd format, but not the
2007 version. At least I could not find it...

"David J Parker [MVP Visio]" wrote:

> DatadiagramML Schema is in the Visio SDK Documentation
>

> "emily2007" <emily2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not
> > find
> > it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions
> > but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need the
> > one
> > for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
emily2007 (2)
5/18/2009 6:18:08 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_DC6698FF

I'm not aware of an XSD for Visio 2007 that is available for download.
There is an Office 2007 download at
"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80
-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en", but it does not contain the Visio
information.  I'm checking to see if that is a typo, and whether there is
anything else available.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
[This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]
--------------------

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply but I need the schema in .xsd format. I know that the
schema definition of Visio 2003 was available in .xsd format, but not the
2007 version. At least I could not find it...

"David J Parker [MVP Visio]" wrote:

> DatadiagramML Schema is in the Visio SDK Documentation
>

> "emily2007" <emily2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not
> > find
> > it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-
9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions
> > but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need
the
> > one
> > for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it.
> >
> > Thanks!

------=_NextPart_0001_DC6698FF

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I'm not aware of an XSD for Visio 2007 that is available for download.  There is an Office 2007 download at "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en", but it does not contain the Visio information.  I'm checking to see if that is a typo, and whether there is anything else available.
\par
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par [This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.]
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par
\par Hi David,
\par
\par Thanks for the reply but I need the schema in .xsd format. I know that the
\par schema definition of Visio 2003 was available in .xsd format, but not the
\par 2007 version. At least I could not find it...
\par
\par
\par
\par "David J Parker [MVP Visio]" wrote:
\par
\par > DatadiagramML Schema is in the Visio SDK Documentation
\par >
\par >
\par > "emily2007" <emily2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
\par > news:A589DAFD-756F-4CC9-861E-8CF0138AD2B3@microsoft.com...
\par > > Hi,
\par > >
\par > > I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not
\par > > find
\par > > it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from
\par > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions
\par > > but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need the
\par > > one
\par > > for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it.
\par > >
\par > > Thanks!
\par >
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_DC6698FF--

0
barbway (115)
6/16/2009 10:27:41 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2EE0BAC5

A quick update for the group.  I am following up to see if we can add an
XSD for Visio 2007 to the existing download, but have no time frame at this
point.  I will send an update if/when that is available.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
Barb

--------------------

I'm not aware of an XSD for Visio 2007 that is available for download.
There is an Office 2007 download at
"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80
-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en", but it does not contain the Visio
information.  I'm checking to see if that is a typo, and whether there is
anything else available.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
[This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]
--------------------

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply but I need the schema in .xsd format. I know that the
schema definition of Visio 2003 was available in .xsd format, but not the
2007 version. At least I could not find it...

"David J Parker [MVP Visio]" wrote:

> DatadiagramML Schema is in the Visio SDK Documentation
>

> "emily2007" <emily2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not
> > find
> > it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-
9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions
> > but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need
the
> > one
> > for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it.
> >
> > Thanks!

------=_NextPart_0001_2EE0BAC5

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 A quick update for the group.  I am following up to see if we can add an XSD for Visio 2007 to the existing download, but have no time frame at this point.  I will send an update if/when that is available.
\par
\par Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
\par Barb
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par
\par I'm not aware of an XSD for Visio 2007 that is available for download.  There is an Office 2007 download at "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en", but it does not contain the Visio information.  I'm checking to see if that is a typo, and whether there is anything else available.
\par \pard\li1440 --------------------
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_2EE0BAC5--

0
barbway (115)

Outlook 2007
My outlook 2007 will not open up and this has been the problem for a few days now. I get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I have done a search for "outlook.exe" on my C drive but the only things which come are "Outlook" Program files microsoft Office Office12 and Outlook.exe.manifest located in the same file. Please help me? I have tried running a repair on the Office Outlook 2007 cd with no luck -- HELP! "aussie41353" <aussie41353@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Writing string data in XML while Unicode build...
Hi i am working in an application where i have to save text "string data" in XML file. I am using VC++ 6 and current build is Unicode ("Unicode configurations"). my code is .... CString constr2; CString str1 = "Country"; constr2 = "CurrentSetting:"+str1; USES_CONVERSION; char *p = T2A(constr2); outXml.write(p, str2); //parameters: (const char*, CString) But the output in the XML file is "023423". Before this while i am working with "MBCS", my code was CString constr2; CString st...

Import XML spreadsheet from database with VBA
Hi, Has anyone tried to do anything like this? Part 1: I want to programmatically upload a formatted range on a worksheet (which may have some formulas) to a database as XML. Part 2: I then want to download same into another worksheet/workbook programmatically so that the formats and formulas are pasted exactly as uploaded in Part 1. I already do this for data with ADO and VBA/SQL easily with CopyToRecordset or looping round the rs. I'm looking for some high- level ideas on the range of possibilities for a range 'intact'. Any code samples out there pls? Thanks, Hi...

Exchange 2007 Scripts
Hi, I intend to deploy Exchange 2007 in my environment and I would like to know if there is a script for that. In Exchange 2007 can I create a Mailbox? Thanks. Luiz Ciao Luiz, > Hi, > > I intend to deploy Exchange 2007 in my environment and I would like to > know > if there is a script for that. > In Exchange 2007 can I create a Mailbox? look here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/exch2007/recip/index.mspx > Thanks. > > Luiz Bye -- Mitch Microsoft� MVP - [Windows Server System - Exchange Server] http://mvp.support.microsoft.com...

Viewing Word 2007 docs in Office XP
Info I have found shows previous versions to be 2000, 2002 and 2003.........having a problem viewing docs in Office XP. Does anyone know if the 'compatability' download will make the fix for XP? Thanks Office XP = Office 2002 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "awol2vegas" <awol2vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E81819E0-355D-49AC-B387-C0386AEC4C40@microsoft.com... > Info I have found shows previous versions...

Serializing a Dictionary As Xml Attributes
Hi, I was wondering if somone could provide an outline of how I would go about implementing serialization that turns a string dictionary to XML attributes. For example, suppose I have <XmlRoot()> _ Public Class Foo ' I want the key/value pairs to be xml attributes of the root. Forever and always. =) Public FooAttributes As Dictionary(Of String, String) End Class When I serialize an instance of Foo to XML I would like FooAttributes to end up as XML attributes on <Foo /> Cheers, Aeden ...

How do I move from page to page in Publisher 2007?
Publisher 2003 showed a view of all pages across the bottom of the publication. How can I tell how many pages are in my publication and how do I get from one page to the other in Publisher 2007? Bobbie wrote: > Publisher 2003 showed a view of all pages across the bottom of the > publication. How can I tell how many pages are in my publication and > how do I get from one page to the other in Publisher 2007? ======================================= If your Status Bar is missing...maybe the following info will be useful: The following solution was posted in the Publisher newsgroup on ...

Excel 2007 capped at 50% CPU utilization?
I've got several large datasets (couple hundred thousand rows), with some custom VB functions and lookups, which feed a pivot table. On a dual-core T60p thinkpad (WinXP, 3GB RAM), calculations can take a while. The little message bar a the bottom of Excel shows that it knows about the dual-cores while calculating. However, sometimes calculations seems to be taking forever to complete, so I'll pull up Task Manager to check the CPU utilization. Why does Excel 2007 seem to stop at 50% utilization? I've got no other primary applications running, so Excel will be pegged at 50% of m...

Project 2007, Code646
Installed: Vista Pro SP2, Office Small Biz 2007 Both are WIN 32 EN (assuming this is 32bit op sys - english version) History: Updates usually install ok. Periodically needed to manually install (download the KB### - glb file from MS Site and run). All worked fine. Recently Installed MS Project Std 2007 Now 3 updates (that are old and already installed) appear in 'Updates to Install' KB951550 - Security Update for MS Office 2007 KB951944 - Security Update for 2007 MS Office System SP2 - 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2 I tried repeately to install these both autom...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

Excel 2007 auto select
Working on law office billing created in Excel 2007. Sometimes when I click on the next row down to enter text and amounts, I get four to ten or so selected cells under the cell I have selected. Nearly impossible to get back to one cell selected. Sure it is me! What am I doing and how to stop? -- cindy Hi Cindy Perhaps you have hit the F8 key by mistake. If you have, you will see "EXT" displayed at the bottom right of your page Try pressing F8 again and see if that clears it. -- Regards Roger Govier "gmacindy" <cindy@discussions.microsoft.com...

outlooks 2007 trying to put in my contact it dont go through!
Hello Everyone I just buy a new laptop HP windows 7 64 bit in windows don't have Address Book now i have to using outlook 2007 it is my first time using outlook my question is i add diffent fold in my contact and i put new contact it dont want to go in my contact folder can everyone me out ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Personal.xlsb does not load automatically when I start Excel 2007
Although my personal macro workbook (Personal.xlsb) is saved to my XLStart folder (In Microsoft Windows XP, this workbook is saved in the C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart folder). The personal macro workbook does not open automatically when I start Excel 2007. I get the following message when I try and record a macro using the macro recorder "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". Any suggestions how I can resolve this? Kind Regards, James, Try moving the file out of that folder, then start...

Outlook 2007: Personal Folders + IMAP Unfolding; Drafts; Junk E-mail
Hi, When you use IMAP in Outlook 2007, you are stuck with the Personal Folders PST. I would not mind this so much, but there are a couple of annoyances. When you open up Outlook, the Personal Folders in Mail Folders, unfolds (that is to say expands), while at the same time the IMAP account in Mail Folders remains folded up, even if the user closed Outlook with the folder expanded to see the Inbox contents. Additionally, why are drafts saved to the Drafts folders on "Personal Folders" instead of in the IMAP store? I see no reason why they should not be put in the Drafts folde...

Delegate can see my private items doesn't work in Outlook 2007 SP2
Hi, We experienced the above problem on two Outlook 2007 SP2 client with manager and delegates permissions. On the manager side, we give delegate permissions and editor rights to all the 6 folders plus delegate can see my private items permissions. On the delegate side, we have added the manager as the additional / secondary mailbox. When the manager creates an private appointment, the delegate could not see the details of it (double click function is disabled). Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003/Outlook 2007 combination creates duplicate folders
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 on a desktop PC connected to an Exchange 2003 server . I just got a new laptop and installed Outlook 2007 on it. Lo and behold, I suddenly had a whole bunch of duplicate default and special folders, each pair with precisely identical names. The new folders, obviously created by Outlook 2007 when I installed it, were the ones that the laptop's 2007 installation talked to, whereas the old ones were in conversation with the desktop's Outlook 2003 installation. The result: the 2007 installation didn't see any of my calendar entries, for example...

Outlook 2007 doesn't start, throws contanst Error
Hi All This is now taking away with all my patience. I cannot just run Outlook 2007 in my laptop. The situation is: 1. Had Office Professional 2003 installed earlier. Uninstalled that properly. 2. Installed Office Enterprise 2007. Installation completed without error. 3. Execute Outlook. First time it runs perfectly. No Issues. 4. Restart the machine. 5. OUTLOOK ALWAYS CRASHES saying "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." - this is a never-ending loop. Have tried: 1. Uninstalled full Office and re-installed again. 2. Uninstalled only Outlook and re...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2007 Contacts Renaming Problem
I am running W7pro and Outlook 2007 SP2. I make new pst files for each year and just did that for 2010. I do this so each years email is sorted and I can keep only a few years online for reference. This is my view of the My Contacts right pane in Contacts. Contacts Contacts in 2009 Contacts in 2008 The first folder or whatever is part of my 2010.pst. The second is part of my 2009.pst, etc. How can I rename the Contacts item or folder to Contacts in 2010? Right clicking will not work. The left-click properies do not lead to a name change dialog. I have done this in Outlook 20...

Will upgrading office 2007 ( from office 2003).....outlook questio
cause my emails in outlook to be erased? Im not sure if the old version was outlook express. Does all that make a difference? I need to locate all my old emails. You allready have a thread on this subject Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs, each has their own individual msg store, which cannot be 'read' by the other. "Donnie" <Donnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE8C6B1-FAF7-45E5-9F86-DCFE07EE14BE@microsoft.com... > cause my emails in outlook to be erased? Im not sure if the old version > was > outlook expr...