Visio 2007 value stream mapping help guide

Hello,
I would like to have a tutoriel to how to use the VSM template in visio 2007.
Do you have any usefull information that will show how we enter all the data
and customize the mapping ?

I have a specific information on the process icon: how do we change the
number of operator ?
I find how the hide it by right clicking on icon, but I never find how to
change it.
Look on the example on the office web site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx
There is 1 operator for Stamping and 2 operators for the assambly box.

Also, on the second picture on that link, the Stamping&Assambly box having a
U shape symboly in it. Do we have to manually create that  or it is a feature
of visio 2007?

 One last thing, do the Value stream mapping add-in in visio 2007 doing some
calculation or automatic link between the box, so you don't need to always
type it?

Thanks for your help

0
Hugo (18)
7/29/2009 9:53:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Place your cusor on the operator symbol, left click, from the keyboard type the number of operators desired. That number will be placed to the right of the operator symbol.
Dale

> On Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:53 PM hugo wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to have a tutoriel to how to use the VSM template in visio 2007.
> Do you have any usefull information that will show how we enter all the data
> and customize the mapping ?
>
> I have a specific information on the process icon: how do we change the
> number of operator ?
> I find how the hide it by right clicking on icon, but I never find how to
> change it.
> Look on the example on the office web site:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx
> There is 1 operator for Stamping and 2 operators for the assambly box.
>
> Also, on the second picture on that link, the Stamping&Assambly box having a
> U shape symboly in it. Do we have to manually create that  or it is a feature
> of visio 2007?
>
> One last thing, do the Value stream mapping add-in in visio 2007 doing some
> calculation or automatic link between the box, so you do not need to always
> type it?
>
> Thanks for your help

> ASP.NET HttpPostedFile Image Resizer
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ba8d2418-6d67-40f7-989c-e90688058778/aspnet-httppostedfile-image-resizer.aspx
0
schrimsh (1)

Outlook 2007
My outlook 2007 will not open up and this has been the problem for a few days now. I get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I have done a search for "outlook.exe" on my C drive but the only things which come are "Outlook" Program files microsoft Office Office12 and Outlook.exe.manifest located in the same file. Please help me? I have tried running a repair on the Office Outlook 2007 cd with no luck -- HELP! "aussie41353" <aussie41353@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Viewing Word 2007 docs in Office XP
Info I have found shows previous versions to be 2000, 2002 and 2003.........having a problem viewing docs in Office XP. Does anyone know if the 'compatability' download will make the fix for XP? Thanks Office XP = Office 2002 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "awol2vegas" <awol2vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E81819E0-355D-49AC-B387-C0386AEC4C40@microsoft.com... > Info I have found shows previous versions...

Exchange 2007 Scripts
Hi, I intend to deploy Exchange 2007 in my environment and I would like to know if there is a script for that. In Exchange 2007 can I create a Mailbox? Thanks. Luiz Ciao Luiz, > Hi, > > I intend to deploy Exchange 2007 in my environment and I would like to > know > if there is a script for that. > In Exchange 2007 can I create a Mailbox? look here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/exch2007/recip/index.mspx > Thanks. > > Luiz Bye -- Mitch Microsoft� MVP - [Windows Server System - Exchange Server] http://mvp.support.microsoft.com...

Future Value of Increasing Payments
Does anyone have a formula that will figure the Future Value of an investment where the payments are steadily increasing each period? For Example: An investment offers an 8% annual yield over a 10 year period. I would like to pay $1000 the first year and then increase my payment by 3% each year to year 10. I know I can do it with a For loop, but is there a simple formula to use for this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi you have a post from Harlan in Excel.worksheetfunctions P.S.: please don't multipost :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe B." <Joe...

How do I move from page to page in Publisher 2007?
Publisher 2003 showed a view of all pages across the bottom of the publication. How can I tell how many pages are in my publication and how do I get from one page to the other in Publisher 2007? Bobbie wrote: > Publisher 2003 showed a view of all pages across the bottom of the > publication. How can I tell how many pages are in my publication and > how do I get from one page to the other in Publisher 2007? ======================================= If your Status Bar is missing...maybe the following info will be useful: The following solution was posted in the Publisher newsgroup on ...

Displaying sheet and cell value in another cell
I am using the Min formula to find the minimum value from tables on seperate worksheets. The summary sheet displays the minimum value. Is there a way to indicate on the summary sheet, from which sheet that the min value was selected from ? -- MB Hi using an approach from Harlan Grove try the following: 1. put the names of all your sheets in a range of your summary page. e.g. in the cells X1:X10 2. In A1 put your MIN formula (I assume your values are in A1:A10 on all sheets) 3. Now use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) =INDEX(X1:X10,MATCH(TRUE,COUNTIF(INDIRECT(&qu...

Help with PMT formula
I'm new at this and need to know what this PMT function will do? PMT(D412,E4,C4) See: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa851078.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200773 "Janet H" wrote: > I'm new at this and need to know what this PMT function will do? > PMT(D412,E4,C4) If you click the fx button to the left of the address bar, it gives lots of helpful information about your formula. This formula is used to calculate interest. "Janet H" wrote: > I'm new at this and need to know what this PMT function will do? > PMT(D412,E4,C4)...

Excel 2007 capped at 50% CPU utilization?
I've got several large datasets (couple hundred thousand rows), with some custom VB functions and lookups, which feed a pivot table. On a dual-core T60p thinkpad (WinXP, 3GB RAM), calculations can take a while. The little message bar a the bottom of Excel shows that it knows about the dual-cores while calculating. However, sometimes calculations seems to be taking forever to complete, so I'll pull up Task Manager to check the CPU utilization. Why does Excel 2007 seem to stop at 50% utilization? I've got no other primary applications running, so Excel will be pegged at 50% of m...

Counting records with Values
I'm basically a beginner in Access, but trying to become more proficient. Generally I pull data into Excel to manipulate, but I've run up against too big a database. I'm trying to count all of the records that have a value of greater than 0. I'm pulling from another query that has multiple records. The details are: Multiple months of sales information (this is where I'm trying to count >0). Multiple franchise locations and multiple SKUs. I'm trying to pull how many franchise locations Sales of >0 units for each SKU. I'm good with the SELECT piece, b...

Project 2007, Code646
Installed: Vista Pro SP2, Office Small Biz 2007 Both are WIN 32 EN (assuming this is 32bit op sys - english version) History: Updates usually install ok. Periodically needed to manually install (download the KB### - glb file from MS Site and run). All worked fine. Recently Installed MS Project Std 2007 Now 3 updates (that are old and already installed) appear in 'Updates to Install' KB951550 - Security Update for MS Office 2007 KB951944 - Security Update for 2007 MS Office System SP2 - 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2 I tried repeately to install these both autom...

help with percent #2
thanks i will try what you suggested and let you know if it works for m -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26245 ...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Please, please help with this
Here's the scenario: I have a text box that has 2 lines of information. The first line has a font color of red The second line has a font color of black At the end of the first line is a paragraph return. Here's an example Jane Doe (this is red font) Newest Member (this is black font) OK, I want to copy Sally Sue onto the line witih Jane Doe, so I highlight the name Jane Doe and choose paste. The problem is, when Sally Sue is included it becomes BLACK (the font color of the second row) and doesn't stay RED (the font color of the previous item). How can I tell the system N...

Excel 2007 auto select
Working on law office billing created in Excel 2007. Sometimes when I click on the next row down to enter text and amounts, I get four to ten or so selected cells under the cell I have selected. Nearly impossible to get back to one cell selected. Sure it is me! What am I doing and how to stop? -- cindy Hi Cindy Perhaps you have hit the F8 key by mistake. If you have, you will see "EXT" displayed at the bottom right of your page Try pressing F8 again and see if that clears it. -- Regards Roger Govier "gmacindy" <cindy@discussions.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

outlooks 2007 trying to put in my contact it dont go through!
Hello Everyone I just buy a new laptop HP windows 7 64 bit in windows don't have Address Book now i have to using outlook 2007 it is my first time using outlook my question is i add diffent fold in my contact and i put new contact it dont want to go in my contact folder can everyone me out ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the...

Money Plus, receiving error message since 12/26, cant login HELP
We recently installed the trial version of MS Money Plus Home and Business, we wanted to test it out to see if its what we really needed. I had been using it for about 45 days when all of a sudden on 12/26 I started receving the following message after I entered my login info. "MS Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We appologize for the inconvenience" Please tell microsoft about this problem, send error report. I am using a laptop computer and there have been no changes made to this computer since I loaded this trial which is set to expire next week. I tried ...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Alphabetizing Help
These are my data: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Smith William Jones Weston Ashby Albert Aaron Fred Smith Elaine White Tom Jones Albert Column A contains the LAST NAMES and Column B has the FIRST NAMES. I need help in a formula that will alphabetize the names in Column C i this format : LAST NAME, FIRST NAME Note that there are 2 entries for "Smith" and "Jones" and this is wher I get stumped. Please help ... thanks and regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Personal.xlsb does not load automatically when I start Excel 2007
Although my personal macro workbook (Personal.xlsb) is saved to my XLStart folder (In Microsoft Windows XP, this workbook is saved in the C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart folder). The personal macro workbook does not open automatically when I start Excel 2007. I get the following message when I try and record a macro using the macro recorder "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". Any suggestions how I can resolve this? Kind Regards, James, Try moving the file out of that folder, then start...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Spreadsheet help!!!
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Information and Table in the worksheet Information, cell S24 if the number is greater than or equal to $100,000 but less than $149,999 then I'd like it to put in cell S25 the number $3000. Also if the number is between $150,000 to $199,999 i'd like it to put in $3500 in the S25 cell. Any help would be highly appreciated... Thanks alex -- alexm999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4918 View this thread: http://www.excel...

How can we get the subtraction of values in first 2 columns in the 3rd column
Hi Friends Greetings. If I have the following 500 row excel file, how can we get the subtraction of first two columns(Col3)?. I couldn't find any subtraction function in microsoft excel 2000. Col1 Col2 Col3(I want the subtraction of Col1-Col2) ------ -------- ---------- $50 $30 ??(I want $20 here) $100 $40 ??(I want $60 here) $150 $25 ??(I want $125 here) --- ---- --- --- ---- --- Thank you Jane Humbrey Say that $50 and $30 is in row 2. then in C2, you could put: =a2-b2 And dra...

Delegate can see my private items doesn't work in Outlook 2007 SP2
Hi, We experienced the above problem on two Outlook 2007 SP2 client with manager and delegates permissions. On the manager side, we give delegate permissions and editor rights to all the 6 folders plus delegate can see my private items permissions. On the delegate side, we have added the manager as the additional / secondary mailbox. When the manager creates an private appointment, the delegate could not see the details of it (double click function is disabled). Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2007: Personal Folders + IMAP Unfolding; Drafts; Junk E-mail
Hi, When you use IMAP in Outlook 2007, you are stuck with the Personal Folders PST. I would not mind this so much, but there are a couple of annoyances. When you open up Outlook, the Personal Folders in Mail Folders, unfolds (that is to say expands), while at the same time the IMAP account in Mail Folders remains folded up, even if the user closed Outlook with the folder expanded to see the Inbox contents. Additionally, why are drafts saved to the Drafts folders on "Personal Folders" instead of in the IMAP store? I see no reason why they should not be put in the Drafts folde...