user created shapes non printing

I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
this behavior?
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
document?

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
> before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
> non-printing properly under FORMAT - BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
> of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
> this behavior?

0
marknel (439)
9/24/2004 3:34:30 AM
Thanks Mark,

These are drawing tool shapes like a line, circle or rectangle. There
are no layers on these pages.  They are always blue and dashed as if
Ive somehow set default line properties that I dont know how to set
(yet). I just noticed that this only happens in one drawing that I am
working on so I must have inadvertently set something.

Shapes that I drag from a stencil, even ones Ive created in the past
print by default.

Thanks again
Robert

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<ux$9IeeoEHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...
> How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
> document?
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
> > before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
> > non-printing properly under FORMAT - BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
> > of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
> > this behavior?
I'm not sure how to get into a situation where the basic drawing shapes do
not print.  You can customize other formatting characteristics.  When there
is no selection in the drawing, change your formatting settings.  This will
set the formatting for any future shapes drawn by the tools.

--

> Thanks Mark,
>
> These are drawing tool shapes like a line, circle or rectangle. There
> are no layers on these pages.  They are always blue and dashed as if
> Ive somehow set default line properties that I dont know how to set
> (yet). I just noticed that this only happens in one drawing that I am
> working on so I must have inadvertently set something.
>
> Shapes that I drag from a stencil, even ones Ive created in the past
> print by default.
>

> Thanks again
> Robert
>
> "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
>> document?
>>
>> --
>> Mark Nelson
>> Microsoft Corporation

>> rights.
>>
>> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
>> > before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
>> > non-printing properly under FORMAT - BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
>> > of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
>> > this behavior?

0
marknel (439)
9/25/2004 6:10:28 AM
"When there is no selection in the drawing, change your formatting
settings.  This will set the formatting for any future shapes drawn by
the tools."

Thanks, that resolved the line formating. Ive been using visio since
96 off and on and never realized I could do that. As far as the
non-printing issue I wonder is its a bug

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<OhHL9ZsoEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> I'm not sure how to get into a situation where the basic drawing shapes do
> not print.  You can customize other formatting characteristics.  When there
> is no selection in the drawing, change your formatting settings.  This will
> set the formatting for any future shapes drawn by the tools.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Mark,
> >
> > These are drawing tool shapes like a line, circle or rectangle. There
> > are no layers on these pages.  They are always blue and dashed as if
> > Ive somehow set default line properties that I dont know how to set
> > (yet). I just noticed that this only happens in one drawing that I am
> > working on so I must have inadvertently set something.
> >
> > Shapes that I drag from a stencil, even ones Ive created in the past
> > print by default.
> >

> > Thanks again
> > Robert
> >
> > "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
> >> document?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Nelson
> >> Microsoft Corporation

> >> rights.
> >>
> >> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Outlook profile not created on login
Hi, I have a .mst file that I have already setup in a batch file that I use to install Office 2000 on Terminal Servers/Metaframe Servers. I've used this many times in the past. I just built 2 new servers and one of them does not populate the Outlook settings for new users. By settings I mean the exchange server name, name, personal folder location, etc. The settings for Word, Excel, Powerpoint are there though. I then uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled it and get the same thing. I looked in the registry and the NewProf key is there with all the correct settings in it. ...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

Help with creating database
I'm a recent college graduate at a new job. I am trying to help my company move a report that is currently done in Excel into Access. To help you better understand my goal I will try to describe my business and the nature of this report as briefly as possible. We are a clothing designer. All of our product is produced in factories overseas and delievered to our clients in the U.S. Our W.I.P. report is currently in Excel. It's purpose is to give us an up-to-date picture of what part of the production line our products are currently in. Information on this report inclu...

can't print embedded picture in email
Why can't I print embedded picture in email? A red x is printed instead of the picture. I have checked security settings but to no avail. It's interesting to note that on two other computers, there is no issue. The computer in question is running Outlook 2003 SP1, W2K SP3. What could be the problem? LF Are you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious he...

Users not showing up All Users

Creating a 7.5 Test Environment
Currently, I have a Production Great Plains 7.5 environment with some Custom Code, an EFT Module and a Third Party add-on for the Project Accounting Piece. I need to build out a TEST environment so that I can test a 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade. I'm not sure how exactly to go about it. What I was THINKING that I need to do is perform an out-of-the-box install for Great Plains and the Thrid Party PA Module then create my Companies in Great Plains and then replace the GREATPLAINS program folder on my test box with the one from the Production box and then restore my Production Dynamics and...

user breakpoint

Automatically update a number when printed
Hi, I am trying to make a report with a report number at the top on excel. I am trying to figure out if I can type in a report number ie. 1001 and then everytime I print it, it updates so I dont have to change it to 1002, 1003 etc. Thanks for any suggestions Best way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event to restrict the user to print from the menu/menu icons.... From workbook press Alt+F11 to launch VBE (Visual Basic Editor). From the left treeview search for the workbook name and click on + to expand it. Within that you should see the following VBAProject(Your_Filename)...

Need User Name and Password

print only datas
hi i like to print only the datas but not the rows and collumns in the ms access Kaja, It sounds as though you are printing directly from the table. This will produce a report with column headers, row lines, and column lines. You'll need to create a custom Report (using Report Design mode) where the fields/controls on that report do not have any visible borders. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." <kaja48380@gmail.com...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Printing Excel Viewer
hai, how prevent that excel viewer ask a location of file. because i already selected at explore when i use right click then choose print. it always ask. any workaround for this problem ? TIA, Andy Susanto ...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Excel 2003 printing problem--printing 1 document on 2 pages
Hi All!! I looked through the printing probs section and didn't see anything like this....but I KNOW someone will be able to help with this. We have a legal size spreadsheet with .7 left/right margins----it prints fine for most of us....but I just emailed it to one of our branches and it prints on 2 pages---half left and half right.... I spoke with the person trying to print this and we went through her page set-ups and they all seem to be fine....her printer set-up also seems to be correct....ANY ideas as to why this would happen and how I can walk her through (over the ph...

Is there a way to print out the setup checklist?
I'm referring to the Tools->Setup->Setup Checklist. Is there a report somewhere that can print this checklist? Sometimes having a hardcopy is a bit more convenient in seeing what still needs doing - such as when you may not have access to the system - or when dealing with "executive" types that are still wedded to hardcopy. Thanks Are you on 7.5 or 8.0? In 8.0 the path is Tools > Routines > module > Checklist and there is a printer icon in the lower left corner of each. You can also go to Reports > Company > Setup, then pick Routines and specify the...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...