Upgrade from 97 - Stencil question

I want to upgrade from Visio 97 to 2003 but don't want to lose any of my
stencils nor those that came with 97.  Is there a way to make sure those get
installed with my new version or is there a quick way of backing them up and
importing them into 2003???

Thanks
Paul

0
none89 (807)
1/17/2005 2:51:22 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Copy all your older *.vss and *.vst files to a backup directory before
installing the new Visio.  Then you can use file paths (tools->options) to
point to this directory.  They may be slow to load since Visio 2003 will be
converting them to the new format in memory.  If this is a problem, open
each and re-save them being careful to preserve the file extension.

--
Lori Pearce
PSDK and .NET and WinFX SDK
"paul" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>I want to upgrade from Visio 97 to 2003 but don't want to lose any of my
> stencils nor those that came with 97.  Is there a way to make sure those
> get
> installed with my new version or is there a quick way of backing them up
> and
> importing them into 2003???
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...

So close and yet so far (IF ISNA question)
I'm using the following formula =INDEX(QB6!$A:$A,MATCH($B31,QB6!$B:$B,0)) This generally works, but occasionally it doesn't find a match on page QB6, in which case I get the #N/A! error. Instead of getting that error, I would like to force a value into that cell (a defined number). I'm trying to tweak it using the IF ISNA commands but just can't seem to get it right. Thanks in advance Try this: =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(QB6!$A:$A,MATCH($B31,QB6!$B:$B,0)))=TRUE,"THERE IS AN ERROR",INDEX(QB6!$A:$A,MATCH($B31,QB6!$B:$B,0))) You can replace the "There is an error...

Number format question #2
I have the following formula: ="*First year estimated home sales of "&C35&" with 15% growth rate in subsequent years." I want to have this statement adjust to changes made in the number (C35). However, this is what the phrase looks like: *First year estimated home sales of 67188 with 15% growth rate in subsequent years. How can I get the number to format show the comma? -- Joker "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6 ="*First year estimated home sales of " & text(C35,"#,##0")...

newbie question #5
Hi all, I'm fairly new with working with exchange, and recently came across this problem: I want to receive e-mail from another domain that we bought. There are plenty of tutorials on the web that explain how this is done, and they all come down to the same: add it to the recipient policies. And so I did. The policy is made, all users have their extra address, I applied the policy, I updated the recipient update services... but still all e-mail to this domain arrives at the postmasters' inbox. Another thing: internally it seems to work fine. So it just applies to e-mail coming...

Outlook 97 dates
Every message I received is dated the first day of the month no matter what the day is when displayed in "in box". Any help out there? ...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Document Recovery question
Microsoft Powerpoint 2002 recently crashed while I was working on a poster, which was almost done and unsaved. The document recovery opened up automatically when Powerpoint automatically restarted, with two available files: the original version of the file (which was just a template) and the recovered version, saved with AutoRecover minutes before the program crashed. That is obviously the version of the file that I want, but when I click on it and tell it to open or Save As, nothing happens. Rather: all that happens is, on the bottom left, for a microsecond it says "Mi...

Outlook Folder List Questions
2 Questions: 1) Is there a way to change the font on the Folder List? 2) After adding other mailboxes to your account, is there a way to alpha-sort them on your Folder List? Both of these are for Outlook 2002. Thanks! Stacey L. Scott Client Support Center Operations Target Corporation In news:1d7ff01c423c0$b3ac19f0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Stacey wrote: > 2 Questions: > > 1) Is there a way to change the font on the Folder List? This is tied to one of your Windows font settings, I believe -- try changing some of the fonts in Control Panel | Display | Appearance tab. If you're ...

Headquarters Question
how r u doing all ? I have a client who is interested in HQ for his chain store, but the feature he wanted as buying from store A and returning to store B is not existed in HQ. Correct me if I am wrong for this. Did you guys any third party add-ons were developped for solving this issue, or anyone think they could provide a solution. Give a email and let's talk about this. My email is jiyang1@yahoo.com. Take care! Jiyang ...

Switchboard Question 12-13-07
I noticed that the switchboard is only limited to 8 menu selections per switchboard. Can that be increased? If so, how can I modify it? Thank you, On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:06:00 -0800, TomP wrote: > I noticed that the switchboard is only limited to 8 menu selections per > switchboard. Can that be increased? If so, how can I modify it? > > Thank you, Adding a 9th or 10th etc. button is no problem, however you cannot edit the extra buttons using the switchboard manager. Any changes on those buttons will have to be done manually. There are better methods of creating a switch...

some questions about contact activity in Outlook 2007
Hello, I have several questions about one contact->View->Activities 1)Very often (not always) this list is empty. When I change the selection with "View:" and go back to "View: All elements" I can see the elements. 2)It's there a better way than the search when a contact have more than one email account? When I open the properties from the contact folder and open the Activity tabulator, I can only select folders from the same PST file. 3)When I try to insert a notice or another element with Insert->insert elements this element appears in the "Notice"...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Question (possible OT)
What are the differences between C++ and C#? Only brief response required. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cscon/html/vclrfcomparisonbetweenccsharp.asp -------------------------------------------- Manish Agarwal <manishkrishan@hotmail.com> http://personal.vsnl.com/mkag "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:741Jc.34$N77.37515@news.xtra.co.nz... > What are the differences between C++ and C#? > > Only brief response required. > > ...

Question on purchase return
I have a purchase line for 100 units for $1 each. I received these 100 units and thereafter returned back 60 of these units (through a return transaction of type Return). The Received not invoiced report shows the outstanding as $40. When I go to purchase invoice, the purchase line is pulling up for $100. I was expecting to pull up the purchase line for $40. Have I done anything wrong here? What is the correct process? KT Well, it sounds like you did the steps correctly. The only thing you did not say is did you do a return or a return w/credit. The Return w/Credit assumes you are ...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Pivot table question #4
Hello all, I am working on a Excel data table. The 3 columns are year(i.e. 2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount. I have been asked to group by year in the following buckets. 0-2 years 2-3 years 3-5 years 5-10 years 10+ years I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc, but cannot seem to group as I have been asked. That is 2 years, then 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! TimD On Feb 10, 7:36=A0pm, tdkooch <malor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > I am working on a Excel data table. =A0The 3...

XP Upgrade

Search Question
Outlook XP I am searching for "NM" in my mailbox. I ONLY want "NM", not "entertaiNMent" or other words that contain NM. However, I can't seem to find a way to search for just the letters I want. I even tried (space)NM(space) and that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks! Doreen I answered my own question...I should have done "(space)NM(space)", with the quotes instead of without them. "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uG6CkCMoEHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Outlook XP > > I am searching...

Quick Little Formula Question
Currently I am using the following formula - =SUMIF($J$24:$J$75,">0",$B$24:$B$75) It is being used to sum data in column B, which contains weeks 1-52 i the year, with data in every cell, despite the year not being over. I want to report only data up until the current week however so... It looks at Column J, which contains a value UP UNTIL the current wee of the year, but contains an #REF! error for any other weeks (becaus it links to a sheet which works on a by week basis). So the ">0" is used to pull only data that is not #REF!. However, now need to pull negat...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Question about printmaster
If a document was made in printmaster, can I import it into Publisher (or Word or Powerpoint) ? Thanks!! -- Hugs, Erika Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:eeo3NphOFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If a document was made in printmaster, can I import it into Publisher (or > Word or Powerpoint) ? Thanks!! > > > -- > > Hugs, Erika I don't know the answer, but a hug would be nice! "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:eeo3NphOFHA.4052@...

Outlook 2003 and opening link question
I'm wanting to change the way Outlook 2003 opens links/webpages - from opening them in Explorer to Firefox. Please guide me to where the option to change this is. Thanks in advance! There is no such setting in Outlook; set Firefox as your default browser. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ben" <bswong@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:%xboj.9252$421.7874@news-serv...