update org chart

Hi,

I've created an org chart based on a excel-table (both 2007).

The shapes are linked to the table. The chart is successfully updated,
when there are changes in the data-lines or a person is deleted.

But when I add a new person, the table with the external data is
updated, but there is no shape created.

Is there a possibility to add the shape automatically to the org chart?

Thanks - Angelika
0
Angelika
4/22/2010 5:23:24 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you have to re-run the wizard if you are going to be adding and deleting
people to the chart.
al

"Angelika Bodein" <a.bodein@sonnenklar.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've created an org chart based on a excel-table (both 2007).
>
> The shapes are linked to the table. The chart is successfully updated,
> when there are changes in the data-lines or a person is deleted.
>
> But when I add a new person, the table with the external data is updated,
> but there is no shape created.
>
> Is there a possibility to add the shape automatically to the org chart?
>
> Thanks - Angelika

0
AlEdlund
4/22/2010 11:59:42 AM
deleting works without re-running the wizard.

The problem with re-runnig the wizard is that the formatting has to be
done again or is there a possibility to copy the formats of the shapes?

Angelika

AlEdlund schrieb:
> you have to re-run the wizard if you are going to be adding and deleting
> people to the chart.
> al
>

> "Angelika Bodein" <a.bodein@sonnenklar.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've created an org chart based on a excel-table (both 2007).
>>
>> The shapes are linked to the table. The chart is successfully updated,
>> when there are changes in the data-lines or a person is deleted.
>>
>> But when I add a new person, the table with the external data is
>> updated, but there is no shape created.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to add the shape automatically to the org chart?
>>
>> Thanks - Angelika

0
Angelika
4/23/2010 4:17:33 AM
Unfortunately, that's the way it works.

> deleting works without re-running the wizard.
>
> The problem with re-runnig the wizard is that the formatting has to be
> done again or is there a possibility to copy the formats of the shapes?
>
> Angelika
>

> AlEdlund schrieb:
>> you have to re-run the wizard if you are going to be adding and deleting
>> people to the chart.
>> al
>>

>> "Angelika Bodein" <a.bodein@sonnenklar.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've created an org chart based on a excel-table (both 2007).
>>>
>>> The shapes are linked to the table. The chart is successfully updated,
>>> when there are changes in the data-lines or a person is deleted.
>>>
>>> But when I add a new person, the table with the external data is
>>> updated, but there is no shape created.
>>>
>>> Is there a possibility to add the shape automatically to the org chart?
>>>
>>> Thanks - Angelika

0
AlEdlund

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Slow Charts
I had some files created in Excel 2002 (Office XP) which I was using in Excel 2003 without any problems. These files consist of 1 worksheet and around 30 chart sheets. The data worksheet contains 7 columns of raw data, approximately 20 columns of data computed using formulae and approximately 4000 - 5000 rows. Some columns of the raw data and the computed data are plotted in various charts. I've recently upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, I was not facing any problems in modifying the charts. However, in Excel 2007 it takes anywhere between 2 - 7 minut...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Pasting chart worksheet as link 2007
A chart created in 2007 and sitting in it's own sheet (not included on the data worksheet) will not display entirely if pasted as link (neither into Word nor PPT) Some of the chart seems to be "cut off" in the linked object. This seems to be connected to how much of the "canvas" is visible in Excel. Viewing the chart in Excel on a zoom so that it fills the whole screen seems to remedy this. Is there some setting in Excel that would allow us to set the worksheet chart to automatically size to window? Or else: does anyone know a way of pasting a worksheet chart as ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

full blood count chart
I am after a template where I can enter blood test results that show different readings daily and compare the day before level to day after. I also need to add medications and medication levels daily..........Please help Contact me privately and I will send a copy of a blood PRESSURE program I did that should get you started. I will NOT respond to a request mad on the newsgroup. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F4495E1-1F21-4887-900D-B7360DAFFE5D@microsoft.com... > I am after a template where ...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

[ANN] Excel X security update

Column Data into a Pie Chart?
I've got an Excel sheet composed of column data. I want to put a pie chart on another sheet that represents the percentage of data, so that if the column is: Apples Apples Oranges Pears I'll get a pie chart that shows me 50% Apples, 25% Oranges, 25% Pears. How do I do this??? Thanks, Bill. Hi Bill. I've had to do something similar and have cludged a method together that works, but takes several steps. Hopefully, one of the guru's will have a better suggestion that I could learn from. Assuming your data is in column A, in A1 type a label such as Fruit and then sor...

Payroll Update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

Need to create a chart with 4 parameters
JAN FEB MAR Oranges Apples Oranges Apples Oranges Apples Adam 2 3 4 5 6 7 Bern 1 7 8 9 1 1 Collin 3 4 5 8 1 1 Dave 5 6 7 1 2 4 How do i draw a chart to show the number of apples & oranges for Adam , Bern , Collin and Dave in the months of Jan, Feb ... in one graph. Please help. -- will appreciate your help Pia, This is what I did. Started at A1 - Blank, B1 - Jan, D1 - Feb, F1 - Mar A2 - Blank, B2 - Oranges, C2 - Apples, D2 - Oranges, E2 - Apples, F2 - Oranges, G2 - Apples A3 - Adam, B3 - 2,C3 - 3, D3 - 4, E3 - 5 F3 - 6, G3 - 7 A4 - Bern, B4 - 1,C4 - 7, D4 - 8, E4 - 9, F4 - 1, G4...

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Pie Chart
Hi Guys, I have a pie chart that I've changed the rotation to 250 degrees to better illustrate the what makes up the smaller slices. After I've saved the file and later reopened it defaults the pie chart back to the default rotation. This is in Excel 2003, I can't seem to lock in the new 250 deg rotation. Can someone help me here? Thanks in advance! ...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...