unlock word section

I just activated my 60 trail for microsoft 2007, blank word document appears
but at the left hand bottom it states " this modification is not allowed
because this section is locked"??????
0
Vivian (5)
12/5/2008 2:48:00 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:48:00 -0800, Vivian
<Vivian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just activated my 60 trail for microsoft 2007, blank word document appears
>but at the left hand bottom it states " this modification is not allowed
>because this section is locked"??????

This is a group for Visio, not Word.
I wish whoever maintains the community forums website would arrange
that after selecting Word, Excel, Visio or whatver that only the
groups for that product were still visible. What is the point of
selecting Word and still having all the groups visible?

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.  http://www.sandrila.co.uk/

Word 2007 opens very slowly
When I try to open word 2007 by clicking on any document, it takes up to 2 minutes to load the program. If WORD 2007 is already open, then documents that I click on open right away. This just started happening recently. I have had WORD 2007 for several months without this problem. -- Mike E ...

UnLocked Cells No Color
Hi there, I have a spread sheet which is passed around frequently. Therefore I have locked a number of cells to protect its information. However, its necesary that other change the color of the unlocked cells. The problem is that once the sheet is protected the unlocked (and therefore changeable) do not have any color icon and so I cant change them. I cant figure out a way to have locked cells and still allow color changes on the unlocked without giving the password away (which of course defeats the purpose) Cheers! This capability was added in xl2002. But if you're running an earlier...

Office 2004 for Mac: Word
Somehow my standard toolbar has disappeared in Word and it will not come back even if I check it in the view; toolbars; standard menu and still it won't come back. Please help!! In article <1127814407.972973.301100@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, mylit@comcast.net wrote: > Somehow my standard toolbar has disappeared in Word and it will not > come back even if I check it in the view; toolbars; standard menu and > still it won't come back. Please help!! Try selecting the Standard toolbar in Tools/Customize/Customize Toolbars/Menus (so that the name is highlighted, not...

how do i unlock modifications
My Word 2007 used to work. Now I can't do ANYTHING on it because it tells me the modification I am trying to use is locked. How do I unlock it? Are you using a trial version of Word that has passed its use by date? If so, to see how to convert it to a regular version, see "How do I convert my trial?" at: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx Another possibility is that you have not Activated the software. You can also find out how to do that at the above site. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ...

Outlook Word editor
When Outlook is configured for Word as default editor in new messages, my MAPI device opens Outlook email message in the Outlook editor. ...

nonbreaking word
Can you keep Publisher 2007 from breaking a specific word? Turn off hyphenation in Options, edit tab. You can change the spacing in the font (format, character spacing). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lindalou" <lindalou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE4F445E-9085-4DCA-AC36-6556C4F151DC@microsoft.com... > Can you keep Publisher 2007 from breaking a specific word? Does that mean that there will be no hyphenation in the entire document, or can you do it just for specific wor...

Slow to Open Excel (& Word) 2007 docs
Thanks to anyone who can help. I have read many threads regarding this matter, both within these discussion groups and other forums too. All suggestions have failed in our environment. Basically, Excel and Word documents are slow to open in Office 2007 when opened via (for example) double click. They are not slow to open when opened via the open dialog mechanism via the Office 2007 button. This is not a file size, network or antivirus issue. The same problem exists when trying to open a very small file from (for example) a file copied to the local desktop with antivirus software comple...

How can I convert a Section Group to a new Notebook in OneNote 201
Hi, I have the OneNote 2010 beta. I seem to have created lots of section groups inside the "OneNote Notebooks" notebook. I want to split them out and convert them into separate notebooks. When I tried manually creating new folders and moving the files into them in Windows Explorer, I could no longer open the files at all -- eek! Can someone knowledgeable tell me how to do this? Don't do it with Windows Explorer. I'd create the new Notebook first. Then move each of the sections from the Section Group to the new Notebook. (right-click | Move or Copy) -- ...

Selecting Unlocked Cells Only
Is there a way in VBA to have user restricted to selecting only unlocke cells in a work book. I have tried to password protect each work shee with the cells formatted as locked or unlocked. However when you sav and reopen the workbook "sometimes" it reopens allowing the user t select both locked cells as well as unlocked cells. The locked cell are still restricted, so if you click on it you get the warning...bu it's a pain if you're trying to imput data quickly navigating aroun all the cells on a work sheet -- Db171 ---------------------------------------------------------...

Open embedded word document in powerpoint presentation
Hello I have powerpoint 2007 I want to open embedded word document while doing presentation, without going into the edit mode. How can i do this? Somebody adviced in other thread to right click mouse and select action settings on top of the embedded file. There is no such menu in 2007. Help please On Feb 19, 4:53=A0am, Poppe <Po...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello > > I have powerpoint 2007 > > I want to open embedded word document while doing presentation, without > going into the edit mode. > > How can i do this? > &g...

Clearing Form Content in Word 2007
Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? Create the form as a template and then use File New and select that template each time you want an empty form. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "caehgar" <caehgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA9A2941-7C23-4983-B4DE-C32F877757CF@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? ...

How do I merge a Word document into Publisher?
I am using Publisher 2000 for the first time. I have a four-page Word document that I need to print "brochure style" or folded card style on 11 X 17 paper. The document has a lot of text boxes and complicated formatting. How do I tell Publisher to simply copy the pages in the right places? Open the Word document, open Publisher, Copy, Paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D3CE79-E15C-41FC-9888-06573BD6DA34@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2000 for the first time. I have a four-page Word ...

Compare 2 columns with words to 1 and to get the 3rd word.
Hi All I have question for you. I have letter "h" (from high) in column A1 and letter "L" (from low) in column B1. In column C1 i would like to get the avarage from them which is "m" (from Medium). How to do it? Thanks in advance Put this formula in C2: =3DAVERAGE(A2,B2) and copy down as required. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 9, 9:12=A0am, Postman <Post...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All > > I have question for you. =A0I have letter "h" (from high) in column A1 an= d > letter "L" (fr...

Apple Iphone Unlocked,HTC Google Nexus Unlocked
We are a Recognized Distributor of Various Consumer Electronics, We Specialize in a wide Range of Products such as Mobile Phones, Laptops, Video Games Console, Digital Cameras, (Etc) At Affordable Prices. This phones are unlocked and can be used with any SIM card. No activation required This phones are brand new original with complete accessories, accompanied with 12 month international warranty. Contact us today for your order at our marketing email : Email : telecom2010ukltd@gmail.com Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB��.$240 HTC Google Nexus One����$200 HTC HD2������$300 Nokia N97 .......

Where are the collums in Mircosoft Word?
PLEASE ANSWER A.S.A.P.!!! Assuming that you are referring to newspaper columns and that you are using Word 2007, look at the Page Layout tab. You'll find a Columns command in the Page Setup group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kaitlyn Moreland" <Kaitlyn Moreland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D282483-D7F6-440C-AEDA-132789AED1BA@microsoft.com... > PLEASE ANSWER A.S.A.P.!!! WORD 2007 Page Layout / Page Setup group / Columns Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Kaitlyn Moreland" wrote: ...

Copy picture from word 2003 to word 2007
When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends up with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid of this? Your best bet would be to right click the picture in your 2003 document and save the picture to your computer. After this is completed, open Word 2007 and click insert picture. Now browse your computer and find that picture you saved. I'm surprised this happened, but I'm guessing its a compatibility issue between 2003 and 2007. "Daisy" wrote: > When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007...

My selections are locked--how do I unlock them?
I'm using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 and the bottom of my page says that my selections are locked. This happens when I try to do anything. The only thing I can do is open a document, but it won't let me type or copy or anything like that. Also, little paragraph symbols have appeared all over my page. Is it a trial copy that has expired? If so, time to buy. Is it a retail copy that hasn't been actived? "ChikiMongo" <ChikiMongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B791BF17-B602-4297-9AED-FB3FF4F976D9@microsoft.com... : I'm...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004
I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing the fonts in Font Book just before it determines they are corrupt. Wierd. <br><br> It has taken me over 1/2 ho...

Word trouble
Typed word document in Word 2007 and opened it up in Word 2000 but it didn't open correctly. How can i open this doc in Word 2000 without downloading Word 2007 on computer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have you installed the Compatibility Pack? See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC7BB516-AE6...

Unlocking Cells
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a simple way to unlock or lock cells. I'm not sure if "Lock" is the correct term here. For example, if you have a formula that has C$14. Is there an easy way to unlock (remove the "$") from the formula or to ad it without manually doing it? Thanks for your help! Lisa You can use a macro to change the reference style (absolute vs relative), but you can also do it manually. Select the portion of the formula (just a single cell reference or the entire formula if you want) and hit the F4 key to cycle through all 4 options. lj ...

Trying to number two sections of doc two different ways
I'm not exactly a new user, but the hassle I'm having trying to do this is making me think I'm a very new user. I've never tried it before, and I've hit a wall. It's commonly done in legal briefs, and I'm faced with doing one. I'm trying to make a document in Word 2010. I know there are separate Technet non NNTP forums for the 2010 Beta, but this isn't really a question that has anything to do with the new 2010. I have about 12,000 posts to help people with some Office setup problems, Outlook, and the OS made at Redmond so I understand what...

Unlock [all]? or unlock [associated]
I currently use OneNote 2007. With SEARCH capability, I often am faced with the message "x amount found, y amount in locked notebooks that must be unlocked to view." Well, that sounds great. Until, that is, you are faced with 100 sections you have to unlock- not knowing which ones contained the information means you have to unlock each. One Note SHOULD allow a user to: 1) Unlock All locked notebooks (Perhaps with a master password.) 2) Unlock associated sections / notebooks (If you have two passwords, entering one will unlock all of the notebooks that use that passwor...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

add detail section
How can I add an additonal detail section to my report so that I have two detail sections, one below the other. Thankyou You can't. There's only a single Detail section permissible. What exactly are you trying to do? Someone may be able to suggest an alternative. Might a couple of subreports give you what you need? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Radhika" <Radhika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7E5C50-7F90-4652-8026-CBDA54727E18@microsoft.com... > How can I add an additonal detail sectio...

Scanning into Word 7
With word 2002 I was able to quickly scan anything into the document by going to INSERT, PICTURE, SCANNER, which opened my scanner program. Where is this option in word 7? Thank you See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...