Trying to change floor plan units to millimeters but does not work

Hi,

I want to create a floor plan with millimeters as base unit. I created a new
page with the floor plan shape and changed the unit to millimeters in the
page properties. However, when I drag a wall to the page, it shows it's
length in feet and inches. I can specify the length of the wall in millmeters
but it still displays the result in feet and inches.

Does anyone have a clue how I can change that?

Thanks and regards, Robert
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Well, I have both Metric and US Unit stencils.
I created a Metric Floor Plan, which defaults to millimeters.
I changed the Measurement Units to Feet Inches ... the Wall Length shows as
feet and decimal inches, without displayed units

I created a US Units Floor Plan, which defaults to Feet and Inches
(displayed with units and fractional inches)
I changed the measurement Units to Millimeters ... the Wall Length continues
to display in Feet and Inches.

It turns out that the text block has it's own Shape Data settings that
control the display ... but it is difficult to change.
I'll write out the instructions, if you are still listening?

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a floor plan with millimeters as base unit. I created a
> new
> page with the floor plan shape and changed the unit to millimeters in the
> page properties. However, when I drag a wall to the page, it shows it's
> length in feet and inches. I can specify the length of the wall in
> millmeters
> but it still displays the result in feet and inches.
>
> Does anyone have a clue how I can change that?
>
> Thanks and regards, Robert

0
David
12/21/2009 8:43:48 AM
This should help:
http://bvisual.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!3350D61BC93733A9!1892.entry

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a floor plan with millimeters as base unit. I created a
> new
> page with the floor plan shape and changed the unit to millimeters in the
> page properties. However, when I drag a wall to the page, it shows it's
> length in feet and inches. I can specify the length of the wall in
> millmeters
> but it still displays the result in feet and inches.
>
> Does anyone have a clue how I can change that?
>
> Thanks and regards, Robert

0
David

name changes to linked workbooks
of I have several workbooks that are linked together. I want to save all them with slightly different names (to show different versions) and make sure the individual cells will update with the new names/paths. I've tried it once and the cells did not seem to update. Any advice is welcome. 3putt, (Does that mean you're a single or a double bogey?) Just make sure that all the workbooks are open when any of them are saved under different names. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "3putt" <3putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC631497-0624-486C-8B65-8B578A53...

How to change default 'Files of Type' to open only .pub files
Is there a setting in the registry or elsewhere so that when I File-Open I only get .pub files & not have it default to Files of Type "All Publisher Files"? It takes a long time for it to find all the files with various extensions. PUB files are all I want. -- T.G. Lambini Create a folder in My Documents, name it Publisher or whatever, Open options in Publisher, general tab, click the publication line, click modify... browse to the folder where you want Publisher documents to go. Drag all your Publisher documents to this folder. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Changing Tab Colors (Globally) In Excel 2007
.......wondering if anyone can tell me a simple way to GLOBALLY change worksheet tab colors in Excel 2007??? The grayscale tab colors are too similar and I would like a way to, by default, have them appear in a pre-selected color. Thanks in advance! jlally@ctmbd.com In XL2003 you r-click, selct all sheets, r-click again, and pick tab color. does this not still work in 2007? Jim Sharky wrote: > ......wondering if anyone can tell me a simple way to GLOBALLY change > worksheet tab colors in Excel 2007??? > > The grayscale tab colors are too similar and I would like a way ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Notify Alert does not work in Excel
In a network environment, opening an Excel workbook that is already opened by someone else, prompts me with a choice of "Open as Read-Only, or choose Notify to be alerted when it is available". Although I choose "Notify", I do not receive any notification when the file is closed. Is there a setting within MS Office that needs to be configured for this feature to work? ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Cannot add business unit or team
Any of the 3 CRM system admin users I have tried couldn't add neither unit nor team. No modifications have been made to the security roles. Error message: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizTeamClass.CreateAndRetrieve(CUserAuth& Caller, String TeamXML, Int32 Count, String[] Members) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Team.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateAndRetrieve() Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId) Mic...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Change multiple users e-mail address at one go
Does any one know any script/tool/command in E2k3 on win2k3 where in i can change multiple users primary e-mails address at one go. -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" Have a look at admodify. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D66A7A-B875-45DF-8888-E54D92CD84B2@microsoft.com... > Does an...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

copy and paste changes
Scenerio: I'm given 8 separate business card files, each 3.5x2. I want to put them all on one sheet, so I set up a large sheet. I copy card A and paste it. I copy card B and paste it. The name on A changes to B. I go back to A, retype the name, and the name on B changes. I copy card C and paste it. All the names change to C. I can't find any hidden codes or links, and eventually, I have to create new text blocks and retype all the names and titles. Just typing into a "used" text block is not good enough: the other blocks change. Can you tell me what's going on? I'm us...

Changing Calender Format
I am new to Outlook 2007. The bubbles around the appointments in the the on-screen month version of the day/week/month view consume a lot of space. at the default 8 point font, 3 appointments are the maximun that will show up on within the box for a day. The 2003 format (without bubbles) allowed more appointments to show for the same screen space. Does anyone know how to turn the bubbles off? ...

Outlook news group stoped working
I am using MS Outlook 2007 on a DELL XPS / Vista ultimate mashine 20 min ago newsgroups stoped working and I get this message: 502 Access denied (Hit connection limit) (newsfe17.iad) (Tornado vi.2.5.548) Any idea what this means?? "Ted" <vitanov@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Mm3sl.8$5t4.6@newsfe24.iad... >I am using MS Outlook 2007 on a DELL XPS / Vista ultimate mashine > 20 min ago newsgroups stoped working and I get this message: > > 502 Access denied (Hit connection limit) (newsfe17.iad) > (Tornado vi.2.5.548) > > Any idea what this means?? Sound...

Excel
Hi all, I need to know how to convert times from AM to PM, for example: 9:53 AM 10:33 AM 10:50 AM change to: 21:53 PM 22:33 PM 22:50 PM (obviously I need to change a number of records at once!) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Mar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mil... Try this. Highlight the column that contains the times (provided that is all tha is in the column). Then go to Edit...Replace. First replace all of you PM with your initials...that is if you are also going to change PM t AM eventually. Next, go to Edit...Replace and replace all of your ...

Column title automatically changes?
I am trying to label a column "ppm" (for parts per million) and as soon as I enter ppm, Excel automatically changes it to "pap". I have formated the cell for text, general, and number, and that does not help. What is going on? Sounds like you've got an entry in your AutoCorrect Options to change "ppm" to "pap". In Excel 2007: Click on the Office Button (Big Circle in upper-left corner) Click the "Excel Options" Button Select the "Proofing Tab" on the left Click the "AutoCorrect Options" Button Check to see if &q...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

Event sink for changing X-headers
Hi All, Almost programming question here: Is it possible to write event sink (or use any third party tool) for changing X-headers in the incoming messages? The task is to remove some excessive X-headers sent by spammers, before the message is accepted by the information store. Any advise or link will be highly appreciated. Thanks, Boris Boris, you can find a few example scripts here: http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/tools.asp and an example of removing a header line at: http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/howto-readreceipt.asp HTH Gyula Karakas orf support www.vamsoft.com/orf Boris Lokhvitsky...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

Sync has stopped working
For several months, I have been able to sync Entourage with my Palm m130. Just last week, the conduit started crashing. I have figured out that it happens when syncing my calendar. All other parts of Entourage sync just fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at greg.mcbride@e-commedia.com if you have any suggestions. Thanks, Greg McBride Make sure all of your recurring events have end-dates attached. Events without end dates can cause crashes during the synchronization process. An easy way to find them is to go to Edit -> Advance...