Trouble applying data set to other shapes

Hello,

I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007
Professional drawing.  For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle.

I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's
already on my drawing.  Let's say that this other shape, that does not
yet have a data set attached to it, is a square.

So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere:

I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see
the name of my shape data set.  (Let's pretend that I named this data
set 'xyz'.)  I click on 'xyz'; I click on the radio button that says
'Apply checked shape data sets to: "Shapes selected in drawing"'; I
uncheck 'Remove existing data sets'.

Then I go to the square, to which I want to apply data set 'xyz', and I
click on 'Apply'.

So I go to the Shape Data window, expecting to see 'xyz' and all of its
data fields.  Instead, however, the window is empty.  Data set 'xyz' has
not been applied.  I have the opportunity to establish a new data set,
but I don't want to do that.  I already have a data set called 'xyz',
but I can't seem to get 'xyz' attached to additional shapes.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Stanley
0
smax (7)
4/19/2010 1:42:30 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:42:30 -0400, Stanley <smax@usm.maine.edu> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007
>Professional drawing.  For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle.
>
>I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's
>already on my drawing.  Let's say that this other shape, that does not
>yet have a data set attached to it, is a square.
>
>So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere:
>
>I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see
>the name of my shape data set.  (Let's pretend that I named this data
>set 'xyz'.)  I click on 'xyz'; I click on the radio button that says
>'Apply checked shape data sets to: "Shapes selected in drawing"'; I
>uncheck 'Remove existing data sets'.
>
>Then I go to the square, to which I want to apply data set 'xyz', and I
>click on 'Apply'.
>
>So I go to the Shape Data window, expecting to see 'xyz' and all of its
>data fields.  Instead, however, the window is empty.  Data set 'xyz' has
>not been applied.  I have the opportunity to establish a new data set,
>but I don't want to do that.  I already have a data set called 'xyz',
>but I can't seem to get 'xyz' attached to additional shapes.

Works for me.
1. drop circle on page
2. drop square on page
3. add shape data to circle
4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
7. select Square
8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio          http://www.sandrila.co.uk/visio-electronics/
On 20-Apr-10 04:48, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:42:30 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007
>> Professional drawing.  For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle.
>>
>> I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's
>> already on my drawing.  Let's say that this other shape, that does not
>> yet have a data set attached to it, is a square.
>>
>> So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere:
>>
>> I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see
>> the name of my shape data set.  (Let's pretend that I named this data
>> set 'xyz'.)  I click on 'xyz'; I click on the radio button that says
>> 'Apply checked shape data sets to: "Shapes selected in drawing"'; I
>> uncheck 'Remove existing data sets'.
>>
>> Then I go to the square, to which I want to apply data set 'xyz', and I
>> click on 'Apply'.
>>
>> So I go to the Shape Data window, expecting to see 'xyz' and all of its
>> data fields.  Instead, however, the window is empty.  Data set 'xyz' has
>> not been applied.  I have the opportunity to establish a new data set,
>> but I don't want to do that.  I already have a data set called 'xyz',
>> but I can't seem to get 'xyz' attached to additional shapes.
>
> Works for me.
> 1. drop circle on page
> 2. drop square on page
> 3. add shape data to circle
> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
> 7. select Square
> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what happens for me.

1. Drop circle on page -- OK
2. Drop square on page -- OK
3. Add shape data to circle.  Now, I already have created the name "xyz"
as the name of my data set.  Is that a problem?
4. In the window called "Shape Data", when I right-click I get the
option for "Shape Data Sets ...", but when I choose it there is nothing.
  I can only get something to show in the window entitled "Data Sets".
In that window I have two options to click -- "xyz" and "Sample"
(although I never created something called "Sample").
5. So I check "xyz" and then I go to the "Shape Data" window, but I
still don't have any data.

Sorry to be dense.  I am doing something wrong obviously, but I don't
see it yet.

Stanley
0
Stanley
4/21/2010 9:33:42 PM
On 20-Apr-10 04:48, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:42:30 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007
>> Professional drawing.  For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle.
>>
>> I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's
>> already on my drawing.  Let's say that this other shape, that does not
>> yet have a data set attached to it, is a square.
>>
>> So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere:
>>
>> I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see
>> the name of my shape data set.  (Let's pretend that I named this data
>> set 'xyz'.)  I click on 'xyz'; I click on the radio button that says
>> 'Apply checked shape data sets to: "Shapes selected in drawing"'; I
>> uncheck 'Remove existing data sets'.
>>
>> Then I go to the square, to which I want to apply data set 'xyz', and I
>> click on 'Apply'.
>>
>> So I go to the Shape Data window, expecting to see 'xyz' and all of its
>> data fields.  Instead, however, the window is empty.  Data set 'xyz' has
>> not been applied.  I have the opportunity to establish a new data set,
>> but I don't want to do that.  I already have a data set called 'xyz',
>> but I can't seem to get 'xyz' attached to additional shapes.
>
> Works for me.
> 1. drop circle on page
> 2. drop square on page
> 3. add shape data to circle
> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
> 7. select Square
> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.

Hi Paul,

Let me modify my response that I sent to you a short while ago.

Here is what happens:

I click Add, and then my options are to give it the same name that I had
already used (that is, 'xyz') or to give it an entirely different name.

Now if I use 'xyz', then I get the message that "The name you have
entered already exists in the current document.  Please enter a
different name".

So if I give it a different name, then I just have to start all over
again and reenter the shape data labels right from the start.

The problem is that in the "Add Shape Data Set" dialog box, the first
item is "Name:", where I could enter a "xyz" (but that doesn't work) or
some new name (which also doesn't do me any good); then I have three
radio buttons: "Create a new set", "Create a new set from the shape
selected in Visio" (but that is always grayed out); "Create a new set
from an existing set", which is followed by "Shape Data Set" and a drop
down box, which indeed contains the name "xyz".

I am really confused.

Stanley

0
smax (7)
4/21/2010 11:23:14 PM
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:23:14 -0400, Stanley <smax@usm.maine.edu> wrote:

>On 20-Apr-10 04:48, Paul Herber wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:42:30 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007
>>> Professional drawing.  For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle.
>>>
>>> I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's
>>> already on my drawing.  Let's say that this other shape, that does not
>>> yet have a data set attached to it, is a square.
>>>
>>> So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere:
>>>
>>> I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see
>>> the name of my shape data set.  (Let's pretend that I named this data
>>> set 'xyz'.)  I click on 'xyz'; I click on the radio button that says
>>> 'Apply checked shape data sets to: "Shapes selected in drawing"'; I
>>> uncheck 'Remove existing data sets'.
>>>
>>> Then I go to the square, to which I want to apply data set 'xyz', and I
>>> click on 'Apply'.
>>>
>>> So I go to the Shape Data window, expecting to see 'xyz' and all of its
>>> data fields.  Instead, however, the window is empty.  Data set 'xyz' has
>>> not been applied.  I have the opportunity to establish a new data set,
>>> but I don't want to do that.  I already have a data set called 'xyz',
>>> but I can't seem to get 'xyz' attached to additional shapes.
>>
>> Works for me.
>> 1. drop circle on page
>> 2. drop square on page
>> 3. add shape data to circle
>> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
>> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
>> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
>> 7. select Square
>> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.
>>

>Hi Paul,
>
>Let me modify my response that I sent to you a short while ago.
>
>Here is what happens:
>
>I click Add, and then my options are to give it the same name that I had
>already used (that is, 'xyz') or to give it an entirely different name.
>
>Now if I use 'xyz', then I get the message that "The name you have
>entered already exists in the current document.  Please enter a
>different name".
>
>So if I give it a different name, then I just have to start all over
>again and reenter the shape data labels right from the start.
>
>The problem is that in the "Add Shape Data Set" dialog box, the first
>item is "Name:", where I could enter a "xyz" (but that doesn't work) or
>some new name (which also doesn't do me any good); then I have three
>radio buttons: "Create a new set", "Create a new set from the shape
>selected in Visio" (but that is always grayed out); "Create a new set
>from an existing set", which is followed by "Shape Data Set" and a drop
>down box, which indeed contains the name "xyz".
>
>I am really confused.

Just try the simple instructions above, do it with a new diagram. Does that work?

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio          http://www.sandrila.co.uk/visio-electronics/
Electrical for Visio           http://www.sandrila.co.uk/visio-electrical/
Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.sandrila.co.uk/visio-electronics-packages/
0
Paul
4/26/2010 4:30:02 PM
On 26-Apr-10 12:30, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:23:14 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:

>>> Works for me.
>>> 1. drop circle on page
>>> 2. drop square on page
>>> 3. add shape data to circle
>>> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
>>> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
>>> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
>>> 7. select Square
>>> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.
>>>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Let me modify my response that I sent to you a short while ago.
>>
>> Here is what happens:
>>
>> I click Add, and then my options are to give it the same name that I had
>> already used (that is, 'xyz') or to give it an entirely different name.
>>
>> Now if I use 'xyz', then I get the message that "The name you have
>> entered already exists in the current document.  Please enter a
>> different name".
>>
>> So if I give it a different name, then I just have to start all over
>> again and reenter the shape data labels right from the start.
>>
>> The problem is that in the "Add Shape Data Set" dialog box, the first
>> item is "Name:", where I could enter a "xyz" (but that doesn't work) or
>> some new name (which also doesn't do me any good); then I have three
>> radio buttons: "Create a new set", "Create a new set from the shape
>> selected in Visio" (but that is always grayed out); "Create a new set
>>from an existing set", which is followed by "Shape Data Set" and a drop
>> down box, which indeed contains the name "xyz".
>>
>> I am really confused.
>
> Just try the simple instructions above, do it with a new diagram. Does that work?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it again with a new diagram.  But I am getting the same problem
as I described above.  I have tried it every which way.  If I leave the
name blank then it says that I have to enter a name.  If I enter the old
name (for example, "xyz"), then it says that this name already exists,
so that I have to give it a different name.  And if I do give it a
different name, then I have to create an entirely new different data set.

This is really frustrating.  This should be easy, but something is going
wrong.

What should I do?

Stanley
0
smax (7)
4/27/2010 12:03:24 AM
On 26-Apr-10 12:30, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:23:14 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:

>>> Works for me.
>>> 1. drop circle on page
>>> 2. drop square on page
>>> 3. add shape data to circle
>>> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
>>> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
>>> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
>>> 7. select Square
>>> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.
>>>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Let me modify my response that I sent to you a short while ago.
>>
>> Here is what happens:
>>
>> I click Add, and then my options are to give it the same name that I had
>> already used (that is, 'xyz') or to give it an entirely different name.
>>
>> Now if I use 'xyz', then I get the message that "The name you have
>> entered already exists in the current document.  Please enter a
>> different name".
>>
>> So if I give it a different name, then I just have to start all over
>> again and reenter the shape data labels right from the start.
>>
>> The problem is that in the "Add Shape Data Set" dialog box, the first
>> item is "Name:", where I could enter a "xyz" (but that doesn't work) or
>> some new name (which also doesn't do me any good); then I have three
>> radio buttons: "Create a new set", "Create a new set from the shape
>> selected in Visio" (but that is always grayed out); "Create a new set
>>from an existing set", which is followed by "Shape Data Set" and a drop
>> down box, which indeed contains the name "xyz".
>>
>> I am really confused.
>
> Just try the simple instructions above, do it with a new diagram. Does that work?

Hi Paul,

I am noticing the following:

The option "Create a new set from the shape selected" is greyed out.

Stanley
0
smax (7)
4/27/2010 3:02:48 AM
On 26-Apr-10 12:30, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:23:14 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:

>>> Works for me.
>>> 1. drop circle on page
>>> 2. drop square on page
>>> 3. add shape data to circle
>>> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
>>> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
>>> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
>>> 7. select Square
>>> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.
>>>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Let me modify my response that I sent to you a short while ago.
>>
>> Here is what happens:
>>
>> I click Add, and then my options are to give it the same name that I had
>> already used (that is, 'xyz') or to give it an entirely different name.
>>
>> Now if I use 'xyz', then I get the message that "The name you have
>> entered already exists in the current document.  Please enter a
>> different name".
>>
>> So if I give it a different name, then I just have to start all over
>> again and reenter the shape data labels right from the start.
>>
>> The problem is that in the "Add Shape Data Set" dialog box, the first
>> item is "Name:", where I could enter a "xyz" (but that doesn't work) or
>> some new name (which also doesn't do me any good); then I have three
>> radio buttons: "Create a new set", "Create a new set from the shape
>> selected in Visio" (but that is always grayed out); "Create a new set
>>from an existing set", which is followed by "Shape Data Set" and a drop
>> down box, which indeed contains the name "xyz".
>>
>> I am really confused.
>
> Just try the simple instructions above, do it with a new diagram. Does that work?

Hi Paul,

This is interesting.

Somehow by default, I have a data set entitled "Sample".  I never set
this up.  Its only two data fields are entitled "Description" and "ID".
  In the Shape Data Sets dialog box, under "Properties", these two data
fields are listed.  In the shape data set that I set up (that is,
"XYZ"), the data fields are not listed under "Description" int he Shape
Data Sets dialog box.

Well, everything works fine with this data set entitled "Sample".  I can
create a new shape, for example a star, and simply apply the "Sample" to
the star, and it is done.

The problem exists only with the shape data sets that I have created.

Given this information, what do you think is going on?

Thank you, Paul, as always.

Stanley
0
smax (7)
4/27/2010 10:04:25 AM
On 26-Apr-10 12:30, Paul Herber wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:23:14 -0400, Stanley<smax@usm.maine.edu>  wrote:

>>> Works for me.
>>> 1. drop circle on page
>>> 2. drop square on page
>>> 3. add shape data to circle
>>> 4. In shape data window right-click select Shape Data Sets
>>> 5. ensure Shapes selected in drawing is selected
>>> 6. click Add, enter name "xyz", select Create a new set from the shape selected
>>> 7. select Square
>>> 8. In shape data sets window select xyz and Apply.
>>>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Let me modify my response that I sent to you a short while ago.
>>
>> Here is what happens:
>>
>> I click Add, and then my options are to give it the same name that I had
>> already used (that is, 'xyz') or to give it an entirely different name.
>>
>> Now if I use 'xyz', then I get the message that "The name you have
>> entered already exists in the current document.  Please enter a
>> different name".
>>
>> So if I give it a different name, then I just have to start all over
>> again and reenter the shape data labels right from the start.
>>
>> The problem is that in the "Add Shape Data Set" dialog box, the first
>> item is "Name:", where I could enter a "xyz" (but that doesn't work) or
>> some new name (which also doesn't do me any good); then I have three
>> radio buttons: "Create a new set", "Create a new set from the shape
>> selected in Visio" (but that is always grayed out); "Create a new set
>>from an existing set", which is followed by "Shape Data Set" and a drop
>> down box, which indeed contains the name "xyz".
>>
>> I am really confused.
>
> Just try the simple instructions above, do it with a new diagram. Does that work?

Paul,

I have determined that I have some setting that prevents my shape data
from being shared.  I need to turn off that setting.

Any ideas?

Stanley
0
smax (7)

PM payment stuck and applied
We had a glitch and a maunal payment in PAyables was unposted and showing as applied. We corrected the problem by changing the CURTRXAMT and entering a correct payment. Now I am showing a credit on the account for the same amount as the glitched invoices because it is still showing as unapplied and unposted - I have deleted all the temporary tables - ie: PM10000/10400/10801/10300 and it is still showing on my payables as Voucher/ Doc Number type Doc AMount Payment No xxxxx 36372 INV 79.00 *xxxxx PMT (79.00) xxxxx ...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Adding to data to a list
I want to make log, ie add blocks of data to main block. So far i have very crude method of moving the main block down a few spaces, the copying the new data to the top. then again when theres more. this i no way perect. I would like the be able to copy the new data to the bottom of the lis via some incremental method, but i cant find one. Any suggestions welcomed Cheers ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com untested but try assigning to a button or worksheet ...

Data analysis data from a survey
I need to analysis data from a survey that was recently carried out. Does anyone know how I could do this and keep a trail of the answers recd from same persons If you provide some details about the survey structure, and how you're collecting the results, and what you want to analyze, someone may be able to help you. Jessie1 wrote: > I need to analysis data from a survey that was recently carried out. Does > anyone know how I could do this and keep a trail of the answers recd from > same persons -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextur...

Registry keys to set HTML format
I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a permanent basis Reg <ab@commarc.co.nz> wrote: > I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail > format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a > permanent basis In Outlook, click Tools>Options>Mail Format to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor. -- Brian Tillman [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\M ail] "EditorPreference" "UseWordMail" It's best to use t...

set paste option automatically
I'm trying to do a simple copy (ctrl-c) from Word and paste it into an Excel cell with ctrl-v. Now the 'paste option' button comes up each time and I have to select 'match destination format' each time. If I turn off paste options, then the cell contents remains blank. Help! ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

field data missing
My "user definded fields" are missing information! All of my Fields are there but the information I put in the fields is not. The information that I have put in these fields is very small (sort text stuff). Q: Could some switch/filter not be showing the information? Q: How do a get back an older version of my .pst file (that I have not automatically backuped). Will "system Restore" help with data files? Thanks ...

repeating a data pattern in excel
Im using excel to run a class register for a playgroup. Each pupil is booked in for a number of days per week. To show their forecast for the year, I'm manually entering the days they're going to be present each week - is there a way to do this automatically? For example, Ben is booked in for Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays - how can I copy this weekly pattern throughout the year without manually tabbing across and ticking the relevant days? Hi, Kel. To do this manually, but easily, type the first 3 "sets". Select them all and copy down using the fill handle. You coul...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Cash Receipts Apply to
Using IM to import cash receipts. The apply to exceeded the receipt amount and it was posted - is there a way to unapply part of this? If I go to the apply to window and try to unapply I receive an error. If I try to apply anything else for this customer I receive another error. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Show summerised data
Hi all I'm using vb.net 2005. I have an app with a Form containing a Tab control with 5 pages. 1 page records time booked to a particular job using a DataGridView control. All works OK. The question, how do I place on the same Tab as the DataGridView a summary of hours recorded. I have a Group By query with a Sum function that summerises the hours by job category in the Hours TableAdaptor. Its being able to display query results on the Tab that I can't do. Guidance most welcome. TIA johnb ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

How do i set up certain message rules using outlook 2003
Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i cant work out how to make certain message rules. I'm using three email addresses and trying to create the following rule but cant work out how to do it. Heres the rule. Where the To line contains 'info@j-i-d.co.uk' Move it to the "Info" folder Would really appreciate some help here!! Thanks Lord_buy_me_a_Mercedes_Benz wrote: > Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i > cant work out how to make certain message rules. > I'm using three email addresses and t...

Re-set picture property for each continuous form
I'm sure this will have been asked before: I need to change the picture property of an image control on each generation of a continuous form. Basically, I am creating a list, each row of which is one generation of a continuous form, and want an icon alongside each row which relates to the content of the row. Unlike reports, there is no OnFormat event for the detail section of a form. I need to use a form and not a report as I want interactivity - effectively inline edit. Any ideas? One of many solutions. I would keep your images tiny as this will be a performance hit on a contin...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

How to retrieve real data type of function's parameters
Hi all, I have a function which accepts some parameters. When I call this function, I used some casting operation and In this function I want to get the real data type name of these parameters. Can I do it? If I can, how should I do? Please help me. Thanks. If you are looking for something like .NET reflection, you won't find an identical equivalent. But look up "Run-Time Type Information" and "Accessing Run-Time Class Information" on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Nguyen Van Binh" <binhnv@...

linking column data in sheets to a summary sheet
I have four sheets, each with a column of data. I want to link the informtion in each of these sheet columns to a corresponding column in the summary sheet. Using copy and special paste with link I can link each cell in the column individually to the corresponding summary sheet cell. I can not figure out a way to do it with the entire column. Any suggestions. I have Excell 97. "mhsacks" <mhsacks@med.cornell.edu> wrote in message news:25fe01c37935$2e5006d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have four sheets, each with a column of data. > > I want to link the informtion in ...

Loop to cleanup data
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is a dump from a survey. Problem is, sometimes the dump puts data that should be in one row on two. I need to write a macro that will see there is a second row, and if there is, move it up one row. It's easy to identify which rows need to get moved, because the data starts in column D rather than A. Problem is, I'm not good with syntax as you can see. I need the column name to stay the same, but increment which row I am on. I want i and p to keep track of that so that when I say Ci it equals C3 if in row 3, C4 if in row 4, etc. Excel reads it though as co...

How to set up filter for related entity in a lookup
We have customized the Account entity to include 1:N relationships with Employees. How can we make sure, on the Service Case form, when we look up an Account, that, when we subsequently do a look up on Employees, it filters just to the Employees of that Account? Daniel Johnson, Jr. Cincinnati, Ohio Hi Daniel, Paste this onload of the entity that has the look up for employess. Replace "field" with the name of the employee lookup id. if (crmForm.FormType == 2 && crmForm.ObjectId != null) { var name = crmForm.all.name.DataValue; crmForm.all.field.additionalparams = 's...

How to set modeless dialog styles programmatically
Trying a simple(?) experiment with modifying styles of modeless dialogs. This fails to add the resizing border to the dialog. Why? Thanks in advance for your time. In .rc: IDD_DIALOG1 DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 186, 95 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif" BEGIN DEFPUSHBUTTON "OK",IDOK,129,7,50,14 PUSHBUTTON "Cancel",IDCANCEL,129,24,50,14 END In .cpp: int CTestDlg::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { // style == 0x80c800c4 here lpCreateStruct->style |= WS_THICKFRAME; // style == 0x80cc0...

Missing public data store
I've recently taken over the sys admin duties for a customer site. After looking through the event logs I discovered that the Exchange 2003 public data store would not mount because the store itself was missing. When I looked at the backups I found that inadequate backup processes were in place and there was no backup for me to use. I fixed the backup problem. Now, I've googled time after time looking for a way to regenerate the public folder without success. Does anyone have a pointer to a process for regenerating the missing public store and all it's system folders? Th...