Trouble applying data set to other shapes #2

Hello,

I posted this earlier, but it may not have been sent.  So I am sending
it again.

I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007
Professional drawing.  For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle.

I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's
already on my drawing.  Let's say that this other shape, that does not
yet have a data set attached to it, is a square.

So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere:

I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see
the name of my shape data set.  (Let's pretend that I named this data
set 'xyz'.)  I click on 'xyz'; I click on the radio button that says
'Apply checked shape data sets to: "Shapes selected in drawing"'; I
uncheck 'Remove existing data sets'.

Then I go to the square, to which I want to apply data set 'xyz', and I
click on 'Apply'.

So I go to the Shape Data window, expecting to see 'xyz' and all of its
data fields.  Instead, however, the window is empty.  Data set 'xyz' has
not been applied.  I have the opportunity to establish a new data set,
but I don't want to do that.  I already have a data set called 'xyz',
but I can't seem to get 'xyz' attached to additional shapes.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Stanley
0
smax (7)
4/20/2010 1:21:34 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Qs re W2007 Styles, AutoCorrect
Q1: How do I delete styles that I've made? I don't mean delete from a document: I mean delete from the system. E.g. when I open a new document, and expand the Styles drop down list (click in lower right-hand corner of Styles group), old unwanted styles appear on the list. I delete them (I've tried deleting them directly from the list and from the Manage Styles window), but that only deletes them from that document: I open a new document and there they are again. I don't want to hide them, I want to delete them. Q2: Is there a way to work directly with the dic...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

PM payment stuck and applied
We had a glitch and a maunal payment in PAyables was unposted and showing as applied. We corrected the problem by changing the CURTRXAMT and entering a correct payment. Now I am showing a credit on the account for the same amount as the glitched invoices because it is still showing as unapplied and unposted - I have deleted all the temporary tables - ie: PM10000/10400/10801/10300 and it is still showing on my payables as Voucher/ Doc Number type Doc AMount Payment No xxxxx 36372 INV 79.00 *xxxxx PMT (79.00) xxxxx ...

Adding to data to a list
I want to make log, ie add blocks of data to main block. So far i have very crude method of moving the main block down a few spaces, the copying the new data to the top. then again when theres more. this i no way perect. I would like the be able to copy the new data to the bottom of the lis via some incremental method, but i cant find one. Any suggestions welcomed Cheers ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com untested but try assigning to a button or worksheet ...

Data analysis data from a survey
I need to analysis data from a survey that was recently carried out. Does anyone know how I could do this and keep a trail of the answers recd from same persons If you provide some details about the survey structure, and how you're collecting the results, and what you want to analyze, someone may be able to help you. Jessie1 wrote: > I need to analysis data from a survey that was recently carried out. Does > anyone know how I could do this and keep a trail of the answers recd from > same persons -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextur...

Auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. not working #2
I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has become very annoying.I use Outlook as the editor, not Word. OS is XPsp2 It is a Word feature so you must be using Word for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, swoffa asked: | I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental | use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has be...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Registry keys to set HTML format
I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a permanent basis Reg <ab@commarc.co.nz> wrote: > I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail > format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a > permanent basis In Outlook, click Tools>Options>Mail Format to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor. -- Brian Tillman [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\M ail] "EditorPreference" "UseWordMail" It's best to use t...

Smtp problem #2
Hello, I have a window small business 2003 server and whenever i start the smtp service , it send a lot of email to the same person. All the machine are spyware free, no virus. The relay of the smtp service on the server is set only for internal machine. What can it be help thanks I'd be asking at this point if you are sure that you are a) relay-secure - do you really need to list *any* IP addresses in the allowed to relay list? I suspect no. and b) how are you sure that you are virus free? You may consider doing a network sniff to see if there are any internal clients atte...

set paste option automatically
I'm trying to do a simple copy (ctrl-c) from Word and paste it into an Excel cell with ctrl-v. Now the 'paste option' button comes up each time and I have to select 'match destination format' each time. If I turn off paste options, then the cell contents remains blank. Help! ...

New Server #2
Hi I am installing a new Exchange 2003 Server. I have an existing 2003 Exchange Server. What is the best tool for me to use to move mailboxes between the servers, ExMerge or default Mailbox move option, or is there anything else that i could use to move the Entire Mailstore and not individual mailboxes? Thanx Sulaiman The default move-mailbox option is by far the best - preserves single instance storage, is much less risky, and there's virtually no downtime for the users. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discu...

field data missing
My "user definded fields" are missing information! All of my Fields are there but the information I put in the fields is not. The information that I have put in these fields is very small (sort text stuff). Q: Could some switch/filter not be showing the information? Q: How do a get back an older version of my .pst file (that I have not automatically backuped). Will "system Restore" help with data files? Thanks ...

"Microsoft CRM Applications Professional v. 1.2" -- Guidence
Hi, I have planned to take MSCRM1.2 exams, Any one who has finished "Microsoft CRM Applications Professional v. 1.2", pls tell me the following details. what is the question pattern ? areas to be concentrated ? is there any programs to be written in the exam ? any model questions ? will there be any questions from installation of MSCRM ?(since it has seperate exam) what level of hands on experience is important to clear this exam ? is there any moc exams available ? Thanks in advance. Regards, You need to be totally familar with the entire application as it focuses more on funct...

repeating a data pattern in excel
Im using excel to run a class register for a playgroup. Each pupil is booked in for a number of days per week. To show their forecast for the year, I'm manually entering the days they're going to be present each week - is there a way to do this automatically? For example, Ben is booked in for Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays - how can I copy this weekly pattern throughout the year without manually tabbing across and ticking the relevant days? Hi, Kel. To do this manually, but easily, type the first 3 "sets". Select them all and copy down using the fill handle. You coul...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

How do I print 2 copies of a Publisher document on an A4 sheet
Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. Setup your printer for A4, in page layout select custom, landscape, type 14.8cm width, 20.997cm height. The dialogue should say "Prints two copies per sheet." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB398094-C64A-4642-AEED-E686513932D5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. ...

unexpected conversion trouble

Cash Receipts Apply to
Using IM to import cash receipts. The apply to exceeded the receipt amount and it was posted - is there a way to unapply part of this? If I go to the apply to window and try to unapply I receive an error. If I try to apply anything else for this customer I receive another error. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

Show summerised data
Hi all I'm using vb.net 2005. I have an app with a Form containing a Tab control with 5 pages. 1 page records time booked to a particular job using a DataGridView control. All works OK. The question, how do I place on the same Tab as the DataGridView a summary of hours recorded. I have a Group By query with a Sum function that summerises the hours by job category in the Hours TableAdaptor. Its being able to display query results on the Tab that I can't do. Guidance most welcome. TIA johnb ...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

How do i set up certain message rules using outlook 2003
Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i cant work out how to make certain message rules. I'm using three email addresses and trying to create the following rule but cant work out how to do it. Heres the rule. Where the To line contains 'info@j-i-d.co.uk' Move it to the "Info" folder Would really appreciate some help here!! Thanks Lord_buy_me_a_Mercedes_Benz wrote: > Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i > cant work out how to make certain message rules. > I'm using three email addresses and t...

Re-set picture property for each continuous form
I'm sure this will have been asked before: I need to change the picture property of an image control on each generation of a continuous form. Basically, I am creating a list, each row of which is one generation of a continuous form, and want an icon alongside each row which relates to the content of the row. Unlike reports, there is no OnFormat event for the detail section of a form. I need to use a form and not a report as I want interactivity - effectively inline edit. Any ideas? One of many solutions. I would keep your images tiny as this will be a performance hit on a contin...