timechart date question

Is there a way to make historical timecharts in Visio? There seems to be a
limit to how far back Visio will go back? I need to chart dates 2000 - 4000
years ago and Visio seems to be limited to 1700 or 1800 onwards. Is there an
option or setting to get around this?

Thanks!

Andrew Jones

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In fact, Visio is limited to Jan 1, 1900 or later.  That is "0" in the date
format used by Windows.

You'll have to draw them "by hand"...or try to map past dates to future ones
and be creative with labeling.

--
Lori Pearce
Longhorn SDK
"Andrew Jones" <andrewmjones@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to make historical timecharts in Visio? There seems to be a
> limit to how far back Visio will go back? I need to chart dates 2000 -
4000
> years ago and Visio seems to be limited to 1700 or 1800 onwards. Is there
an
> option or setting to get around this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Jones

boot.ini questions
I dont understand the boot.ini, although the system boots fine. The system was a mirrored system but we broke it becasue we needed to grow the space as the boot drive was set up with 4 gigs many years ago. I converted the c drive to basic and expaned it. (using 3erd party method, cause you cant expand a dynamic disk in windows) The system works fine now. However the boot.ini looks like this. -------------------------------------------------------------- [boot loader] timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1...

Pivottable Dates
I am using windows XP with Excel 2000, and I want my pivottable to display sums of $ amounts for certain date ranges. Worksheet is formatted as Column "G" is dollar amounts, and Column "I" is dates (formatted xx/xx/xx). For example, I want a total sales amount for posting dates between 3/03/03-04/04/04. I realize I can use dropdowns on the pivottable and uncheck each unwanted date, but is there a calculated field I can create to do this automatically. (I tried IF & SUMIF, with 'xx/xx/xx<(name of column I)<xx/xx/xx', but maybe I'm formatting i...

How do I select the date portion of a datetime field
I need to query a database from excel to return unique records by date only from a date time field. I can select day , Month or year what I need is mm/dd/yyy Any suggestion Thank . Hi Ray try =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) where A1 stores your datetime value Frank Ray wrote: > I need to query a database from excel to return unique > records by date only from a date time field. I can select > day , Month or year what I need is mm/dd/yyyy > > Any suggestions > Thanks > > . MS Query returns DATE is not a valid function >-----Original Message----- >Hi ...

Return date of an action
Hi, I have a gantt chart which has columns headed by dates A B C D E F 1 10/12 17/24 24/12 31/12 1/7 2 Do A 3 Finish B 4 Start C 5 6 7 I would like to put a formula in colum F to show the date that the action in the row will be completed by. The real worksheet has 52 columns in it so using an IF statement isn't an option. Each row will only have one entry in it. Thanks for any help Ben 9 10 So simple but I would never have got there. Thanks very much ...

Update Date Entity
Hi, I would like to be able to update a date field by 12 months using workflow is this possible? Thanks Jerry Hey Guys, About 1 minute after posted this, I figured out how to do it Under Insert Action> Call Assembly> Date and Time Functions> Add date and time you can specify the addition that you want to use You can then use this operation in the Update Entity action "Miah" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to be able to update a date field by 12 months using workflow > is this possible? > > Thanks > Jerry ...

disallow cheque date to differ from invoice document date
This suggestion came from one of our clients. They are very upset that the system allow a cheque/cash payment (in AP) or cheque/cash receipt (in AR) to have a different date from the date on the invoice that the on-the-fly cheque/cash is attached to. The product suggestion is to force the cheque/cash payment/receipt date to be the same as the invoice date (which is the same as the GL posting date in this case), or at least create a setup option to either allow or disallow different cheque/cash date from the invoice. The scenarios was that the client has entered many AR invoices da...

Date Format Problem.
Being in Canada, I have to deal with two different date format... English (mm/dd/yy) and French (dd/mm/yy). Vista's date format is set as dd/mm/yyyy for short dates and mmmm/dd/ yy for long date format. I've set my date column in my spreadsheet using a date format of mm/dd/ yy. Problem is... it gets the month and day mixed up if both are 12 or less. Meaning if I enter 02/14/09... it goes in correctly however if I enter 02/12/09... it will show up as 12/02/09. All the cells have the same date format. How do I force it to use the first digit(s) as the month, whether I enter 2/ or 0...

Addressing question
Good morning, We have just migrated from Groupwise to Exchange 2k3. Most/all clients are using OWA. Unless I'm wrong, it seems there's only two ways to address messages: completely type the recipients name or click To... > start typing a name > click find > select the name > click To...> click close. I'm using Outlook 2000 and it seems to be just about the same. I'm completely new to Exchange and if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate any advice. Outlook 2000 client will let you browse Address Lists - when you click on the To: button or the Addre...

Money Plus Australia release date
When is the release date of MS Money Plus in Australia? I have downloaded the trial version & like it, but can't find where to get the Australian version from, which seems persistant on making USD as the default currency! Also, is there a list of Austrlian banks that will support the new automatic statement download functionality? Thanks Based on experience in other parts of the World there ain't gonna be one. It seems that the only two versions of M+ are USA and Japanese. If you don't have a previous version of Money (i.e. no data that you want to bring forward) then...

parsing a date and time field
I have a date and time field that I downloaded from a database. It come across looking like the following: "02/1/2009 14:37". I want to seperate the time from the date. When I to to "Text to Columns" and parse the field it changes it to three columns looking like this: "02/1/2009 0:00", "2:37 AM", "PM" I parsed based on "Space delimiter". I am looking for suggestions on how to get the correct time to display. I cannot reproduce this. I get the correct time Tell us more -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/b...

How to avoid questions during worksheets copy before ?
In my Excel 2010 workbook I want to copy a "master-sheet" e.g. a formatet sheet with named fields etc but without data. I use the Worksheets("master").Copy Before:=Sheets(2) The challenge is, that the user is asked if he want to use the rangenames from the master-sheet again. Can I avoid that (those, one for each named range) questions. I have tried with On Error Resume Next, buy as the question is not an error that statement has no effect. Regards Peter Use... Application.Display.Alerts = False ....This must be set to true before exiting your code. (note that the...

Question for all the people who are using I6550
After we swiped the credit card from I6550 we will need to predd ok in the POS screen, how do you guys do it, the cashier press the OK or the customer can press the OK from the I6550 in order to go to the sign name step. If the customer can press the OK from I6550 can anyone teach me how. Thank you!! If any advance technitians could help me through this problem i am willing to pay, if anyone out there could do this for me. Thank you! "TJW" wrote: > After we swiped the credit card from I6550 we will need to predd ok in the > POS screen, how do you guys do it, the cash...

calculate date
Qns 1) I have a column eg. Column A. Dates are entered manually into this column. Such as 31.01.06. I would like a pop up message box to indicate that work is overdue after 10 days from this date. How do i do it?? Qns 2) I have a column eg. Column B. Dates are entered manually into this column. Such as 01.02.06. Another date also manually entered into another Column C. How do i calculate the difference in the number of days between Column B & Column C? -- Icechoco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Icechoco's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

print the specific dates of the transaction
can I print the specific dates of the transaction in the account list? Tks. ...

Date Specific calculation
I am looking for a solution to my problem in access in regards to a calculation that shows the days from the beggining of a project to a specific date. For example: a project could have a start date of 01/01/2001, I want to figure out how many days has this project been worked on as of 03/22/2007. I need this to show as of a past date, therefore now() doesn't work. In excel the formula is Date(year,month,day), but when I put that in access it doesn't work. Can somebody help me? Hopefully you can. -- Nick Nick The Access function Date() returns the current date on your PC. If...

work with conventional dates for axis scale
How do I scale a time-scale axis using the conventional date format instead of a date in the mysterious long string of numbers that randomly shows up for the dates? Why does this change from chart to chart (sometimes conventional date formatting, sometimes the string of numbers) and how do I change it or prevent it from being that way in the first place? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action (as a simple example that gives you what you want):- 1. In cells G 13 to G 22 inclusive format the cells as follows:- - highlight the cells / right click / Format Cells / Number tab (...

Smartlist performance questions
We are running GP in a hosted environment and recently started adding Smartlists for our users. The result has been extremely slow access to the user's home page, up to fifteen minutes to open the page. Can anyone suggest ways to imporve performance of Smartlists in this environment? Thanks. Some but not all of the Home Page metrics are results of complex SmartLists. Most of the standard SmartLists are rather complex, attempting to get as much information to satisfy as many different users as possible. The headache with this is slow response time in environments where more than...

Change date from mm-dd-yyyy to MMM-YY in Access
How do I change a field which contains a date in a mm-dd- yyyy format into mmm-yy format. For Example: Ship Month = 03/01/2004 Convert "Ship Month" value to display "Mar-04" Hi Vince, Set the Format property of the field, and/or the control(s) that are displaying it, to "mmm-yy" On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:01:52 -0700, "Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change a field which contains a date in a mm-dd- >yyyy format into mmm-yy format. > For Example: Ship Month = 03/01/2004 > Convert "Ship Month&qu...

MS Publisher question
When I scan a document and import it into MS publisher 2002 the complete document is visible if it is shrunk to 50% at 75% some of the headers are not visible at 100% more of the document is not visible. Scan the document in TIF format at no more than 300dpi. -- ...

[Question] How to calculate difference between two days
If I ahve a start date & end date, how I can get a correct difference bewteen these two days? For example, "Start Date" is 2006-05-29 and "End Date" is 2006-05-31. It suppose is 2 days difference. I have used "Days360()" to calculate. The result come out is "1". How can I get a correct result? Just subtract the two. =a2-a1 Probably better, if you really want 1: =a2-a1-1 Make sure the cell is formatted as General (or anything but Date). Hovey wrote: > > If I ahve a start date & end date, how I can get a correct difference &...

date
I have opened a letter that was written last week and the date automatically updated to today's date. How can I stop this from happening? Anna wrote: > I have opened a letter that was written last week and the > date automatically updated to today's date. How can I > stop this from happening? One doesn't usually use a DTP application to write a letter, so I can only surmise that you're using Word. If this is the case, why are you posting to a Publisher group? Please repost to a /Word/ group. Insert, date & time, clear "update automatically". --...

Excel enters date as a text format
Hi, I have Excel 2003 and have been working with 2000 for a while (hate that new feature with error checking,etc.) Anyways, I have a problem when trying to enter a date (ie. entering as 2/15/2005 or 2-15-2005) it's always entering it as a text format (ie. '2/15/2005). Well, this is leaving a problem with me because I can't change it to a different date format now because it's recognizing it as a text instead of a date. I never had this problem with Excel 2000, I just entering the date and it automatically enters it as a date. What the heck is going on with Excel 2003 ...

SQL check query question
Hi everybody - I am trying to write a sql query that will pull in the check number/ and invoice number that it paid. It would also be nice if it could pull in the journal entry number as well. Any suggestions? let me revise my question please: my manager wants a report that will show the check amount paid on a PO Invoice. I need to be able to query the vendor/check number/check amount/po invoice ** the part I am struggling with is getting the query to pull the po invoice! what table would link the check number with the po invoice? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everyb...

ADO question
I've been using ODBC for all of my DB connections, but found a solution for a problem I was having using ADO. I've been reading mdsn all day searching for something that is coherent regarding ADO. I want to post my code, and tell you where I'm having problems. Most of this is borrowed and not yet cleaned up. I'm trying to execute a stored command (SQL Server) by issuing a raw SQL command in the form of "strSQLDBFetch". When I issue this command in an SQL command line, I get all of the databases on the server I'm connected to. My problem is after the connecti...

Expiry Dates in Inventory
Hi, How can we add manufacturing and expiry dates to the items if we are not using Lot Catagories. These dates will be used to purchase the item and sell those items. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks MIA Check out Trinity Computer Services. They've got an add-on that includes this functionality. http://www.trinitycomputers.co.uk -- Jim@TurboChef "Mohammed" wrote: > Hi, > > How can we add manufacturing and expiry dates to the items if we are not > using Lot Catagories. These dates will be used to purchase the item and sell > those items....