stencils should have been shapes

This will be an easy question for someone. I'm new to Visio.
I have created and saved a new stencil to hold shapes I want to use all the
time. I found the shapes I need to use from existing Visio stencils. I saved
the shapes in My Shapes folder in C: each shape has a .vss file extension but
they appear to be individual stencils - that's not what I had in mind.
How do I move those shapes from My Shapes folder over to the new stencil
named MMMI WF Stencil? I've read the online help many times. The laptop is
not recognizing "My Shapes" when I click on it from File>Shapes but I can go
to Explore and see them just fine. I'm just not understanding what to do.
--
Thanks for the help,
JL

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:16:00 -0800, Jane L
<JaneL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This will be an easy question for someone. I'm new to Visio.
>I have created and saved a new stencil to hold shapes I want to use all the
>time. I found the shapes I need to use from existing Visio stencils. I saved
>the shapes in My Shapes folder in C: each shape has a .vss file extension but
>they appear to be individual stencils - that's not what I had in mind.
>How do I move those shapes from My Shapes folder over to the new stencil
>named MMMI WF Stencil? I've read the online help many times. The laptop is
>not recognizing "My Shapes" when I click on it from File>Shapes but I can go
>to Explore and see them just fine. I'm just not understanding what to do.

Open a blank drawing, then open your MMMI WF Stencil (menu File ->
Shapes), right click and select edit.

Now use the same menu to open each of the other .vss files you
created, right-click and copy each shape and paste into your MMMI WF
Stencil.
Drag and drop will work as well.

Save and close the stencils when done.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.      http://www.pherber.com/
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/

"Paul Herber" wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:16:00 -0800, Jane L
> <JaneL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >This will be an easy question for someone. I'm new to Visio.
> >I have created and saved a new stencil to hold shapes I want to use all the
> >time. I found the shapes I need to use from existing Visio stencils. I saved
> >the shapes in My Shapes folder in C: each shape has a .vss file extension but
> >they appear to be individual stencils - that's not what I had in mind.
> >How do I move those shapes from My Shapes folder over to the new stencil
> >named MMMI WF Stencil? I've read the online help many times. The laptop is
> >not recognizing "My Shapes" when I click on it from File>Shapes but I can go
> >to Explore and see them just fine. I'm just not understanding what to do.
>
> Open a blank drawing, then open your MMMI WF Stencil (menu File ->
> Shapes), right click and select edit.
>
> Now use the same menu to open each of the other .vss files you
> created, right-click and copy each shape and paste into your MMMI WF
> Stencil.
> Drag and drop will work as well.
>
> Save and close the stencils when done.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.      http://www.pherber.com/
> http://www.sandrila.co.uk/

0
JaneL (3)

Stencils
Greetings, I am looking for stencils that would be aligned with the Process Industry Practices symbology used for Process and Instrument drawings for the Chemical Industry. I am willing to customize some as well. The Chemical link on the MVP site is broken so I am asking here. Google didn't have anything... TIA for your help! The Piping and Instrumentation Diagram in Visio Professional has symbols that are typically used in the Chemicals Industry. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

mechanical stencil
Where can I get the mechanical stencil for gears and timing pulleys. ------=_NextPart_0001_91D04450 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Depending on your version and edition, you should be able to find a Gear shape by using the Search for Shapes on the left Shapes pane in Visio. If you have Visio Professional 2003 or 2007 it should be under Mechanical Engineering/Springs and Bearings stencil (it's under Engineering in 2007). I don't think there's a pulley shape in Visio or on Visio Web Shapes (what Visio searches when you're connected to Internet). ...

changing shape of picture
I want to change an image from rectangular to oval or round. How do I do that in Publisher? I can't seem to find a straightforward way to accomplish this. I'm using Publisher 2002. Thanks, Brenda Hi Brenda, Using Microsoft Publisher 2002: 1. Draw an Autoshape that matches your prefered shaped (from the object toolbar on the left side of your Publisher window) 2. Right click on this shape and choose Format Autoshape 3. Under the Colors and Lines Tab, go to the Color Fill and choose Fill Effects 4. Now choose the Picture tab. Browse to your picture and click ok. Brian Kvalhe...

replace a shape
Is there an easy way to replace a shape in Vision with another shape. i.e. I would like to change the Decision (Diamond) to a Process (Rectangle) and I do not want to retype the text already in the Process box? TIA On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:39:16 -0000, "Cathy" <Cathy@Nospam.com> wrote: >Is there an easy way to replace a shape in Vision with another shape. i.e. I >would like to change the Decision (Diamond) to a Process (Rectangle) and I >do not want to retype the text already in the Process box? would you care to try out out utilities which will do just that: ...

How do I unlock a shape window?
I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was e-mailed to me). They have grey end points, indicating they are locked, and I cannot resize them. How do I unlock them so I can place more shapes within each one? -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0700, Richard Champlin <RichardChamplin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was >e-mailed to me)....

Change flowchart shape in Visio
Is there an easy way to change a flowchart shape in Visio. Ex. I need to change a process shape to a document shape. I could delete it and then make a new one and then retype the text, but it seems like there should be an easier way. There's not an easy way to change the shapes already in your drawing. However, there is a shape that is capable of showing 4 different flowchart symbols. Look for the Flowchart Shapes master toward the end of the Basic Flowchart Shapes stencil. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Controlling word shape default settings in Word 2007
Each time I insert a text box or a word shape or similar object, I end up manually resetting its properties to "1/4' border" or "no border" and its fill from "white" to "light yellow" or something. I have probably done this a thousand times. Where, oh where, are the settings for these things so I can fix them ONCE in my normal.dotx template and hopefully be done with all that repetitive fiddling? I go thru this same thing with default table/paragraph border settings, too. Format the AutoShape as desired, then right-click and choose Set...

Using 1 Stencil in a network
How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many people can open it at once? I think I need the file set in some kind of locked mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this. Thank you very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix. For others anyway :) Chris To make a Stencil ReadOnly, use SaveAs and pull down the arrow on the Save button to reveal the ReadOnly option. You can include a stencil in the Visio environment with: Tools / Options / Advanced / File Paths / Stencils but ... network paths can be slow However, you could bui...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...

Selecting shapes with a macro
In a powerpoint macro what's the elegant way of selecting everything on a slide except the title? (for pasting into another presentation with a different page size, in case you're interested). Grateful for suggestions. In article <4074BEB1-E641-441A-9389-0CE07C0DB509@microsoft.com>, Simonc wrote: > In a powerpoint macro what's the elegant way of selecting everything on a > slide except the title? (for pasting into another presentation with a > different page size, in case you're interested). Elegance is in the eye of the beholder, so you'll...

where to find free visio stencils or shapes
Where is the best place to find free visio shapes and stencils for computer manufacturers? Bag 'O Shape Links: Visio shapes: ----------------------------------------- General: http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm http://www.mvps.org/visio/Downloads.htm Network: http://www.visiocafe.com http://www.visiocafe.com/HP/index.cfm/fuseaction/visio.stencils?sort=size&dir=Desc http://www.netzoom.com/ http://www.flukenetworks.com/us/LAN/Monitoring+Analysis+Diagramming/LAN+MapShot/Overview.htm http://www.altimatech.com/home/index.php http://techrepublic.com.com/5129-6288-1538...

Stencil Help for Visio 2000
Hi All, Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? thanks r Reg, The "Building Core" stencil has stairs and elevators, but I believe that this stencil only shipped with the Technical version of the product. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Reg" <rabjohnson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:03e501c35083$1a591750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? > > thanks > > r ...

Traffic Shaping with Exchange
We currently have a T1 line and some of our users send a large amount of email with good sized attachments and it kills our T1 for about five minutes. Is there a way to setup throttling for the Exchange server, or the SMTP server so that port 25 traffic can be capped? I know you can do this in IIS for web sites, how about Exchange Servers? Thanks! -Douglas Yes. In ESM you can set the limit for attachment sizes. IMHO anything over ! MB is too much and if a company often needs to send docs larger than that they need to look into using an ftp server. "Douglas" <dmciver@...

imbed excel cell text in a shape
I need to insert a number into a shape that corresponds to a cell in excel. Kinda like the exploded parts view in a car repair manual. A callout shape with a text value "123" that is linked to cell A1 in file ***.xls. It would be nice to be able to auto generate the callouts from the excel file. shape 123 is cell A1, shape 124 is cell A2 and so on. Thanks what version of visio are you running? al "mystified" <mystified@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B4E390-190A-41D9-AC4A-F96C1DA6FB6E@microsoft.com... >I need to insert a number into a s...

Select and Move Cursor Shapes
Where can I get a document or list of these shapes? Something that shows how the cursor will look when performing a task like move a cell, select a row, etc. -- marcopolo Try: http://www.uwec.edu/help/ExcelXP/env-point.htm "marcopolo" wrote: > Where can I get a document or list of these shapes? Something that shows how > the cursor will look when performing a task like move a cell, select a row, > etc. > -- > marcopolo ...

Lost Stencils
I lost my Auto Accident Stencils that I had for years and now I notice that MS says you have to email them and request them. Well I have done that and no one has ever emailed me back. Does anyone have a copy of those stencils. I did download the crime scene ones but I need the others as well. Thank you Jim ...

kitchen cabinet elevation stencil?
I have what I need to design my kitchen cabinet layout in a floorplan view using Visio 2003 (and 2000 if needed), but I need to also do elevation views. Is there a stencil source available or Visio shapes for elevation view of cabinets? I tried a search but found none; maybe I just need to know what they might be named???? Doug.S ...

Visio 2000 Pro
Whenever I try use the Shape Wizard I get an error message (run time error) "OLE Automation Error". WHat can be the problem - how do I resolve. ...

stencils should have been shapes
This will be an easy question for someone. I'm new to Visio. I have created and saved a new stencil to hold shapes I want to use all the time. I found the shapes I need to use from existing Visio stencils. I saved the shapes in My Shapes folder in C: each shape has a .vss file extension but they appear to be individual stencils - that's not what I had in mind. How do I move those shapes from My Shapes folder over to the new stencil named MMMI WF Stencil? I've read the online help many times. The laptop is not recognizing "My Shapes" when I click on it from File>S...

install custom 2003 stencils
hello, I have aquestion about installing custom 2003 stencils. Before 2003 you could just create a dir under your Visio\Solutions\ area, and put your stencils in there. Now what do you do? I cannot find any help on this. we have a custom install program (not MS installer or installshield, etc...) that we need to use. Is there an easy way to put custom stencils for visio 2003? thanks in advance Download the Visio 2003 SDK, and check out the Publishing Tool. "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eT9TJh3MEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hello, > I have a...

Replace conditional Formatting with Shapes
Hi I currently have a sheet conditional Formatted RED,AMBER and GREEN is it possible to replace this with a relevantly coloured autoshape i.e Circle. :confused: -- Rikuk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rikuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398299 No conditional formatting can only affect the formatting of the cell and does not include number formatting. You could still change the color of the cell and have the shape overlay the ...

Fuse box stencil?
I need to create something to help me identify the switches in my home's fuse box. (I set off the smoke alarm at 11:45 p.m. New Year's Eve because I had a candle burning almost directly under it for several hours.) It was late and I was desperately trying to figure out which switch controlled which circuit. That blasted noise and the knowledge that my neighbor had to hear it didn't help. Surely I'm not the first person to do this. And if I am, so be it. I'll start from scratch but I'm hoping someone can help me. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Stencils #2
Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / better? -wp On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:04:32 -0500, "Wild Packet" <wp@contoso.com> wrote: >Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? > >I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / >better? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Custom Master Shape properties
Hi, I'm new with Visio and are trying to understand this properties feature. I created a new MasterShape in my Favorites. This MasterShape has CustomProperties. Now, when creating the chart, I need to add another custom property to the shapes. Is there no way to change the MasterShape and all the Shapes in the chart based on this specific master get this new property?? Thanks Chris Hi Christoph, Yes, you can update the masters which you've stored on the Favorites stencil in Visio 2003. To edit a master in the Favorites stencil, right-click the Favorites title bar, and then click ...