Stencils and dynamic connectors

I have 2 questions:

1 - Given an arrow (dynamic connector), how can I get the Shape
it is going out of , and the shape it is pointing to?
        Shape1 -----> Shape2

2 - I need Stencils to share some common Custom Properties.
How can I make all the Shapes/Stencils/Masters (whatever you call them)
inherit these properties from somewhere instead of defining them
for each single one?

Thank you
0
plize (2)
1/8/2004 10:18:40 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

All 1-d shapes (connectors) have a "Begin" and an "End". The line end can be
different for each end of the line.

You can add custom properties to the master shapes on the drawing's stencil
and the shapes on the drawing will inherit the properties. Alternatively,
you can use VBA code to add Custom properties shapes in a drawing or several
stencils.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm

0
lancucki (505)
1/8/2004 5:39:25 PM
Thank you for your response;
Let me rephrase my question:

I want all the master shapes on the drawing's stencil to
share common properties.
How can I make them inherit these properties from somewhere
instead of defining them for each single one?

Caroline

"John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message news:<OwhSe5g1DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> All 1-d shapes (connectors) have a "Begin" and an "End". The line end can be
> different for each end of the line.
>
> You can add custom properties to the master shapes on the drawing's stencil
> and the shapes on the drawing will inherit the properties. Alternatively,
> you can use VBA code to add Custom properties shapes in a drawing or several
> stencils.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
0
plize (2)
1/9/2004 9:26:35 AM
Visio 2003 has a feature called Custom Property Sets that allows you to
define and reuse groups of custom properties.  The basic information can be
found here:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP850528441033&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=3Hk40-w330&Query=custom+property+sets&Scope=HP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cXT

Visio 2002 also had a similar feature with a more complex user interface.
Look for Tools > Macros > Visio Extras > Edit Custom Property Sets and Tools

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Caroline" <plize@letsdothatagain.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your response;
> Let me rephrase my question:
>
> I want all the master shapes on the drawing's stencil to
> share common properties.
> How can I make them inherit these properties from somewhere
> instead of defining them for each single one?
>
> Caroline
>

> "John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> > All 1-d shapes (connectors) have a "Begin" and an "End". The line end
can be
> > different for each end of the line.
> >
> > You can add custom properties to the master shapes on the drawing's
stencil
> > and the shapes on the drawing will inherit the properties.
Alternatively,
> > you can use VBA code to add Custom properties shapes in a drawing or
several
> > stencils.
> >
> > John...    Visio MVP
> >
> > Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> > Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> > Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm

0
marknel (439)

Dynamic memory allocation and polymorphism
OK. Here's a more fundamental question than what I posted earlier. How do you construct new objects dynamically when you don't know exactly what class they are? Example is below. I've got two functions: one to add a GO (Graphic Object; is base class for CLine, CCircle, etc) and one to draw it. Problem is that pGO->Draw(pDC) always calls the virtual base class function, instead of the Draw function in CLine, or CCircle, or whatever the object originally was. I suspect the problem is that I'm allocating memory specifically for a base class object in the "new" stateme...

Integrate Project Accounting into Analytical Accounting in Dynamic
Integrate Project Accounting into Analytical Accounting in Dynamics GP to allow PO's generated against a Project to be tracked against Analytical Accounting dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Comm...

Stencils
Greetings, I am looking for stencils that would be aligned with the Process Industry Practices symbology used for Process and Instrument drawings for the Chemical Industry. I am willing to customize some as well. The Chemical link on the MVP site is broken so I am asking here. Google didn't have anything... TIA for your help! The Piping and Instrumentation Diagram in Visio Professional has symbols that are typically used in the Chemicals Industry. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

dynamic range name
Just wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic range name that adjusts it range as cells in a column added or deleted? Sounds useful.... If it can be done without vba! Bob See this: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uqJbiTmDKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Just wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic range name that > adjusts it range as cells in a column added or deleted? Sounds useful.... > If it can be done without vba! > > Bob ...

Outlook Connector Problems
Outlook 2010 runs fine (except for Hotmail). I installed the Outlook Hotmail connector and the program opened the first time normally and all mail was accessed. The subsequent attempts at getting mail resulted in the receiving function hanging up on the first account. After shutting down the program, it will not restart until the Outlook connector is uninstalled and Outlook rebooted. I have gone through this sequence many times including uninstalling Office 2010 and staring over. If this is not the forum to post this bug, please tell me where I can. ...

dynamic defined name
i have 12 defined names correspond to year monthes (represented in 12 folders) in each folder i have workbook with the same name and structure but sure different data; i want in new workbook (same structure) to sum same cells from different monthes (different difined names) due to user choise; for example : if user entered from 5 to 9; this means that i need to sum cells from defined names for folders (May, June, July, August, September) Please dont help with code, only excel functions Do you really mean folders (directories) or are you really referring to other worksheets or ...

Dynamic data, static range, not updating.
Oh wise ones, I have a range that is dynamically updated by a SQL call. The data is changing every 2 seconds. The routine is populated by a calulate sheet event. My range never changes, it is alway V4:V23 and the data is updating and changing in that range, but the associated chart will not update unless I call a refresh sheet function from a supplied addin or close and reopen the workbook. Can anyone tell me why it won't refresh the chart when the data linked to it is refreshing normally? Mike try putting =now() somewhere on the sheet -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Selecting a range from a dynamic column heading
Hi All - I'm trying to select a range from a spreadsheet from a button click (and then user will see a graph popup - he will NOT have to select anything ..just click on the button). Problem is that there is that the spreadsheet is dynamic with each user (depending on what columns he wants to view). for Person 1 spreadsheet could look like: name date state age height weight jack 5/2/05 TX 54 126 205 jack 5/3/05 TX 54 126 206 jack 5/4/05 TX ...

Routing Group connectors & costs #2
Hi I would like some guidance with setting up routing group connectors. I work for an international company with approximateley 30 sites in our AD. All sites have a VPN connection to two central sites (Head office and a data centre), both of which hold DCs and Exchange servers. I would like all internal mail to route primarily through the data centre as this has the best connectivity, and secondly through the Head office site. A few sites that share email domains also have a direct VPN between them. In addition to this, all non local email should forward (from each site) to a third party ...

mechanical stencil
Where can I get the mechanical stencil for gears and timing pulleys. ------=_NextPart_0001_91D04450 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Depending on your version and edition, you should be able to find a Gear shape by using the Search for Shapes on the left Shapes pane in Visio. If you have Visio Professional 2003 or 2007 it should be under Mechanical Engineering/Springs and Bearings stencil (it's under Engineering in 2007). I don't think there's a pulley shape in Visio or on Visio Web Shapes (what Visio searches when you're connected to Internet). ...

Using 1 Stencil in a network
How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many people can open it at once? I think I need the file set in some kind of locked mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this. Thank you very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix. For others anyway :) Chris To make a Stencil ReadOnly, use SaveAs and pull down the arrow on the Save button to reveal the ReadOnly option. You can include a stencil in the Visio environment with: Tools / Options / Advanced / File Paths / Stencils but ... network paths can be slow However, you could bui...

Dynamic pivot sum
HI All: Hoping that someone can help. I created a pivot table for products(Page Field) that consist of several different raw materials and their associated cost. For exampleProduct A consist of 5 raw materials while Product B consist of 7 raw materials while Product C consist of 8 raw materials but no product consist of more thn 8 raw materials. I want to add the total raw material cost Product A, B or C...Z) to Packing materials cost (fixed) which is not part of the pivot table and is in a fixed row below the pivot table. What dynamic sum formula can be used to Add total raw materials fo...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Payables Dynamics Physical Files
Version 9 I would like to pull data related to payables using Access. Reviewing the table discriptions for series purchasing I see that all the files are logical which leads me to believe that I will only the same information as the smartlist. I would like to accrue payables entered in the current month relating to the prior month. For example currently it is January but items are being entered for December. If the batch date has 12/31/09 then there is no need to accrue anything. However if the batch date is January but the invoice date is prior to January then the paya...

Dynamically titling Excel charts
I am creating a spreadsheet tool that will be distributed as a template. The output will be a chart that will graphically show the performance of a particular quote. I would like the title of the chart to be driven by the contents of one of spreadsheet cells. Is that possible? TIA Henry Boyd In article <Xns96AF736AA4A59lhboydlhbcocom@130.81.64.196>, purchasing@lhbco.com says... > I am creating a spreadsheet tool that will be distributed as a template. > The output will be a chart that will graphically show the performance of a > particular quote. I would like the t...

New client install for Dynamics 9.0 ... OLE, ODBC and Modified Rep
First ... you need to change the discussion group from MBS GP to Dynamics GP to be consistent with the new version. Second. The new client installs working with MSI is great. However, a few basic and required settings constitute too much work. First is OLENotes. To get the required functionality of attaching files to notes, there must be a OLENotes path statement to a MAPPED drive in dex.ini. Please incorporate this setting into the msi file. Also ... ODBC has to be setup. Please configure a way to work this in with the msi. Finally ... when a client runs the msi, it asks the pe...

How can I change the page/tab order dynamicly?
Hi, I have created a form with loads of tabs, each one has a question, answer and question number. The question number is different based on how the questions were answered, so they can be out of order sometimes. The form is for reviewing answers, not answering them. I would like to be about to link the page order to the question number on the page. So question 1 is page 1, if question 7 was answered next (because the user was asked to skip 2 to 5, based on their answer to question 1 for example) then question 7 is question 2 and it should be page 2. I cant just make 2 to 5 not visable bec...

where to find free visio stencils or shapes
Where is the best place to find free visio shapes and stencils for computer manufacturers? Bag 'O Shape Links: Visio shapes: ----------------------------------------- General: http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm http://www.mvps.org/visio/Downloads.htm Network: http://www.visiocafe.com http://www.visiocafe.com/HP/index.cfm/fuseaction/visio.stencils?sort=size&dir=Desc http://www.netzoom.com/ http://www.flukenetworks.com/us/LAN/Monitoring+Analysis+Diagramming/LAN+MapShot/Overview.htm http://www.altimatech.com/home/index.php http://techrepublic.com.com/5129-6288-1538...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials Certification Exam
Hello All, I am in the process of taking my Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials Certification Exam. Does anyone out there know of any resources I can use that would allow me to be better prepared for the exam? Books, web sites, courses, etc. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Vin: There are all kinds of resources available on the Dynamics Customer Source or Partner Source sites. Look under "Training and Certification". Good luck, Frank Hamelly NOVA Solutions LLC Vin wrote: > Hello All, > > I am in the process of taking my Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials ...

Stencil Help for Visio 2000
Hi All, Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? thanks r Reg, The "Building Core" stencil has stairs and elevators, but I believe that this stencil only shipped with the Technical version of the product. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Reg" <rabjohnson@rcn.com> wrote in message news:03e501c35083$1a591750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there a visio stencil that has stairs and elevators? > > thanks > > r ...

Dynamic Range #3
I have the following function defining the range "Grips". (The first value to be used in the "M" column is in Row 3.) =OFFSET(Jobs!$M$3,0,0,COUNTA(Jobs!$M:$M),1) I then use the name "Grips" as a validation list "Source". It works fine other than I get all the values plus a blank space at the bottom of my drop-down list. Any ideas? Sandy What's in M1:M2? Remember your =counta($m:$m) is including those cells, too. I'd put something in both cells. If I want to make it look like that cell is blank, I'll use a formula: ="" ...

journalling Connector data
Hi, ANyone help. We have setup journalling which appears to be working on Mailbox's. We have a External mail system which is configured using a connector. We would like to archive this as it enters from SMTP to the connector. Any ideas how this is done. We need to have these messages journalled also. any help appreciated. Patty Exchange Server (2003/2000) journaling is only available at the mailbox Store level - message journaling doesn't occurr at the transport. Perhaps look into writing a transport event sink or 3rd party solutions. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenp...

Lookup with dynamic range
Hello I have a table that I want to lookup a date and then return the last value in column e for that date. For example if I lookup day 1 I want it to return 6. I know the code to make a dynamic range OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),1 (thankļæ½s Debra), but it does not stop counting for a blank cell. I have tried to combine an INDEX(E1:E31,MATCH(F1,A1:A31,0)+G1) with the formula for a dynamic range but for the above reason it did not work. Hope you understands my question. A B C D E 1 Date Value 2 1 1 3 ...

Lost Stencils
I lost my Auto Accident Stencils that I had for years and now I notice that MS says you have to email them and request them. Well I have done that and no one has ever emailed me back. Does anyone have a copy of those stencils. I did download the crime scene ones but I need the others as well. Thank you Jim ...

kitchen cabinet elevation stencil?
I have what I need to design my kitchen cabinet layout in a floorplan view using Visio 2003 (and 2000 if needed), but I need to also do elevation views. Is there a stencil source available or Visio shapes for elevation view of cabinets? I tried a search but found none; maybe I just need to know what they might be named???? Doug.S ...