standards in visio

hi
is there any standard for designing network in visio?
thanks

0
gheysar_k (1)
4/10/2005 6:56:15 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no,
there are no standards.
al

"kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
> is there any standard for designing network in visio?
> thanks

0
edlund1 (616)

Manufacturing Standard Cost
Hello, We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing. We have a standard cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost changes make up this journal entry? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Thanks, Brian ...

2010 Visio Services Information
For those that may have missed these Great article on how to configure Visio Services http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee524059.aspx A critical piece of insight on what to expect by Chris Hopkins in his Visilog http://blogs.msdn.com/chhopkin/archive/2010/05/03/supported-diagrams-and-entities-in-visio-services.aspx hth, al ...

Newbie! ? on inserting excel into Visio
Greetings... I was given a project at work yesterday that...to make a long story short...had a happy conclusion, but I think there probably was a more effecient way to accomplish this. I had to make a 4-page Visio document. On each page was an outline of a specific state. Then I had to insert from a huge Excel document nearly 100 groups of cells (each group had only 4 excel cells). When I was done, everything looked great...boss was very happy...BUT the file was HUGE! I inserted each of these Excel 'groups' by clicking on 'paste special' then choosing 'microsoft...

HIPAA Standards
Hello, Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic transactions ? Take care, Dave Hi, MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hello, > > Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic > transactions ? > > Take care, > Dave > No, CRM does not provide any...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

standard deviation
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare. I want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else. All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative) Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what version of E...

standards in visio
hi is there any standard for designing network in visio? thanks visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no, there are no standards. al "kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRQFIZPFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > is there any standard for designing network in visio? > thanks > ...

Why Micorosoft Money only have Standard in Canada? What is the different between Candian Standard Edition and the U.S.?
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Standard C++ Library
is it true that Standard C++ Library is pretty much include functions similar to the following java packages??? java.io java.lang java.util http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ct1as7hw(VS.80).aspx It seem to me the Standard C++ Library have headers to mainipulate string / characters, doing I/O, and data structure like Stack, Queue, HashMap, Vector, time, bitwise operation, exception, iterator on a collection ... etc which pretty similar to above "very core" java package So there are 3 types of library / header in C++? CRT (C runtime library) Standard C++ Library Platform S...

Using Visio HTML output within frames
Hi, I want to include visio HTML output in a frame of another html file. Unfortunately it is not working. I understood the problem is in vml_*.htm files. It is due to, the target arrtibute(pointing to _parent) in v:shapetype tag and href attribute (pointing to #) in v:shape tag. These attributes should point to "_top" and "<target-html-file>#" respectively inorder to work. I want to change these options while saving .vsd as web page? I would appreciate if you can help me in this regard. <v:shapetype id="VISSHAPE" target="_parent" coor...

Excel Spreadsheet to Visio Flow chart
Has anyone heard of or familiar with taking an existing spreadsheet and using it to create a flowchart in visio - I think it was created using the Org Chart wizard. The thing is, the creator of this chart is no longer with the company and now it is time to update the flow chart. The person responsible now is making the changes in Excel, however they are not showing (not updating automatically) in Visio . There does not appear to be any "update links" message in either application after save and re-open. With some picking through the software, I was not able to find any macros, b...

Standard reply
Is there a way of sending a standard reply to an email in outlook. With some email clients there is a reply with... option that allows you to reply to an email with a standard response. For example choosing to reply and adding the following text to the top of the email: Thank you for applying for the position but it is has already been filled. Outlook has stationary that allows you to setup templates for new messages but I can't find a way of doing this for a reply. You can use Wizard Rules for that. Post more info like version of Outlook and whether or not you're on an Exc...

Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010
We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010. What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it (excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles... What other gotcha'ya's might I expect?? Thanks, Brad ...

Converting from 2002 standard
Hi, I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the 2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it due difference version. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, Sebastian wrote: > > >I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the >2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it >due difference version. Money cannot open a version localized for another country. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830 Get a later ve...

Visio usable in VS2008?
Can I install "Visio for Enterprise Architects" and use it in VS2008 Beta2 for UML modeling and reverse engineering? Thanks, Dave ------=_NextPart_0001_755C745F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The new version of Visual Studio is not going to include a Visio modeling version like the VEA product that was bundled with prior releases of VS since VS.Net was released. Since the install of the VEA products has always been tied to the version of Visual Studio present on the system, I believe that you will be blocked from installing an older version of VEA...

Can you import visio calendar to MS word
You can copy and paste but it stay an image in word. It will not be transform as a word calendar "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: FE2CC56C-DB9E-4399-A2EB-56FDFAA791B6@microsoft.com... > ...

Moving from Standard/Eval. to Standard edition
Can anybody provide some assistance? I have the official media now; is it just a matter of installing a componet, do I adjust the license logging service? Looking for guidance. Thanks in advance. Is this right? run SETUP /ALL to allow for the reinstall of all components, and that's it? >-----Original Message----- >Can anybody provide some assistance? I have the official >media now; is it just a matter of installing a componet, >do I adjust the license logging service? > >Looking for guidance. Thanks in advance. >. > I'll answer my own question t...

newbie needs clarification about Standard C++ libray
Hi, In standard C++ library, there are string and iostream classes. They are by no means related to MFC CString, and iostream classes. Right? Or are MFC's CString and iostream classses Microsoft's way to implement standard C++ library? TIA Danny Ni wrote: > Hi, > > In standard C++ library, there are string and iostream classes. They are by > no means related to MFC CString, and iostream classes. Right? Or are MFC's > CString and iostream classses Microsoft's way to implement standard C++ > library? Well, they are both C++ - that's a "rela...

Insert an image in Visio and it is degraded
Hi, When you insert an image in Visio (2007) the image becomes blurry - I tried this in PowerPoint, Word but these seem fine - why does Visio degrade the image? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:36:03 -0000, "MM User" <mmuser@microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >When you insert an image in Visio (2007) the image becomes blurry - I tried >this in PowerPoint, Word but these seem fine - why does Visio degrade the >image? What are your settings when you select the image and menu Format -> Picture? -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. DFD/SSADM for Visio ...

Standard andFormatiing toolbar
What would prevent me from deselecting the option to show the standard and formatting toolbars on one line. I right click a toolbar/customize/options and try to deselect the option, but it won't let me. TIA Greg ...

performance of visio with NEC Versa LitePad
Does anyone know how well visio 2003 works with a NEC Versa LitePad Tablet Notebook VL-Pad-933 ? I know it works well with a toshiba m200 tablet protege pc since that is the way i currently use it . I am looking at the NEC because it is a true slate style tablet and much lighter. thanks, art ...

server 2003 standard
help please. i bought window server 2003 standard from a reputable company online, the package came in with 3cds, the first two are window server 2 cds and the 3rd says oem. how can i install this. i put the first cd for wind server 2003 wchis disk 1 but my computer did not read it. If the company is reputable then you should be able to contact them and they'll help you resolve the media issue. -Cliff "stap" <stap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613754C3-F86E-4ED4-900D-89DD338567DE@microsoft.com... > help please. i bought window ...

Standards
I have been using the "lightening bolt" in my diagrams to show communications links. I have been using it for both plain analog connections (POTS lines, between premise and Central Office) as well as digital connections (connections from POPs to "clouds"). I have been told that this is not the correct use for the lightening bolt. Is there a standards document of what is to be used where how and when? And did the person(s) who told you it was not the "standard" happen to reference where they found this out? al "Delta" <Delta@discussions.micr...

MS Standard Categories
Using Money Dlx 2004. Is there any advantage or benefit of using MS Standard Categories? For example, there is category "Water & Sewer" which is standard. I prefer to have "Sewer" and "Water" as seperate groups, however, am I overlooking something by not using the standard group? I use budgeting but not the debt reduction planner, if that makes any difference. Bob Make categories that work for you. Be sure and get the tax line information correct where it's relevant. "Bob Becnel" <gotigers@ganymede.jtan.com> wrote in message new...