Simultaneous Events

I have a process where, after a certain activity, two additional events will
take place simultaneously.  For example, when activity #6 is completed,
activity #7 and #8 occur simultaneously, and then the continued path from #7
and from #8 head in totally different directions.
I am not sure how to handle this.
PA (98)
2/1/2008 9:22:00 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:22:00 -0800, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a process where, after a certain activity, two additional events will
>take place simultaneously.  For example, when activity #6 is completed,
>activity #7 and #8 occur simultaneously, and then the continued path from #7
>and from #8 head in totally different directions.
>I am not sure how to handle this.
>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

sounds like you need to use an activity diagram if it's software
orientated or a business process diagram. Activity diagrams can be
used for many things beyond software as well.

Much depends on what these processes are and how they communicate i.e.
how will activity #6 tell activities #7 and #8 to start?

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

pst access by two computers simultaneously
Is this possible? Oultook 2002 XP Pro No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Solo" <kozolinsREMOVETHIS@golden.net> wrote in message news:TrydnVl1SLBMfRDenZ2dnUVZ_s2dnZ2d@golden.net... > Is this possible? > > Oultook 2002 > XP Pro > > > ...

Applying filters simultaneously
Dear sir , I have created one filter for Late tasks and each one for Electrical, PHE and other activities. Now I want to apply both of them simultaneously. Like late acivities of PHE . I can do it by manually selecting both the different columns and applying respective filters. But I can I do it just by using combination of two different filters simultaneously? -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com It is not possible to do it "simultaneously" directly. You have to be more specific and tell the computer what "simultaneously&q...

Before Update Event Undo problem
I'm trying to program the Before Update Event for a text box on my form. I seem to be getting thwarted by a system message like, "The value you entered isn't valid for this field" and leaves the focus remaining in the text box, with the offending text (or in this case a date) in tact with the cursor blinking in the field. I have tried using the me.txtOrderDt.undo, but it seems that the system message overrides this and the undo event does not happen. Ideally, I would like to see the text box undone and returned to the existing value that was in the box before the invalid t...

New Event Appears on Calendar
New events are appearing on my Outlook calendar that I have not created. They are blank execpt for the name "New Event" and the Start and End time are filled in. I did not create these events and don't know why they appear randomly on my calendar. I am using Outlook 2007, and the company uses Exchange Server 2007 SP2. -- Carolyn Do you use any addins? Sync with a device? Use a Dell laptop? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ma...

Tab event
I need to run the following code when a specific tab is selected in a tab control. Anyone would know what would be the event procedure I should use? If Me.cboGenderID.Value = 1 Then Me.imgGenderShape.Picture = "C:\Man.bmp" ElseIf Me.cboGenderID.Value = 2 Then Me.imgGenderShape.Picture = "C:\Female.bmp" Else Me.imgGenderShape.Picture = "" End If Thanks. Take a look at the tab control's Change event. You'll need to use something like a Select Case statement to identify which tab was clicked/select...

"The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink."
Any Idea's? We relay e-mail from our ISP to our exchange 2k3 server. On our server we have a couple of different domains that are used. When sending from domain1, e-mail seems to send out find. When sending from domain2, it just gets stuck in the que. Chris "Christopher Holley" <crhhvnfun@yahoo.com> wrote: >Any Idea's? We relay e-mail from our ISP to our exchange 2k3 server. On >our server we have a couple of different domains that are used. When >sending from domain1, e-mail seems to send out find. When sending from >domain2, it just get...

Entry of new calendar event

Recurring Events in CRM
I am trying to create a workflow that will recreate appointments that are created in Outlook. On the appt form I want to add a check box for "recurring" with a section for how many times it needs to recur etc... Is this possible with workflows? Has anyone already done this? thanks, Ken There is no loop function in the workflow manager. Two options: 1. Try the following to simulate it: create a child workflow that call it self over and over again base a condition on a field that get increment by 1 each time until it equals the max occurance you'd defined. 2. Use SDK Go...

first event identified
How do I identify the first time a positive value occurs in a ro without the need for visual inspection of each row ? Ian Murdoc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ian, Use Conditional Formatting. Select your target row (I use 9 in this example) Go to Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Enter this formula =A9=INDIRECT(CHAR(MIN(IF(9:9>0,COLUMN(9:9)))+64)&ROW($A$9)) Click the Format button Select the pattern tab Choose a colour Exit out -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from...

Event reminder
Hi, Is it possible from my outlook, to have a event reminder to a another email address? For example, I'm not at my office and I want a event reminder on my email address of my cell phone. Thanks! See if this page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Postmaster asked: | Hi, | | Is it possible from my...

Event Log Error 3018 MSExchangeTransport
I get heaps of these in my exchange 2003 server application event log Event ID: 301 Source: MSExchangeTranspor Category: ND A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;alison@mydomain.net (Message-ID <73h179e4pz4d$ax2a82d8$wz1760j6@JPMO70>). Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP address configuration problem Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify the IP address is in IPv4 literal format They seem to be just NDRs for SPAM addresses so I don't even want to see them in the log Normal email is all working per...

Updating Multiple Companies Simultaneously
Hi, We have several different companies each with the same CoA and company structure. Is it possible to update each company simultaneously with the same data, say for example if we add a new purchasing vendor, instead of having to manually log into each company and adding the new information? We are running GPv8.0 with SP3 on SQL Server 2000. Thanks, Nawaz The only way to do it realtime is to use SQL triggers. Microsoft Professional Services has created these triggers. You can ask your partner to contact them for pricing. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Nawaz" wrote: > Hi, We...

Charting timed events throughout a month
I thought I had a simple task to perform for work. Then, I trie charting it in Excel and have not had any luck. I need to take some simple data and for each day of the month, I nee to chart some usage times (24 hour clock). What we want to identify i where simultaneous instances occured. Example data: Date Start Time Stop Time 11/1/03 09:03 09:53 11/1/03 10:21 10:25 11/1/03 10:23 10:54 11/1/03 14:56 15:31 11/1/03 15:17 15:49 I've no clue how to set this up. I thought I mig...

log events in the event log
I want to be able to track when a user connects to their mailbox. I have someone who is trying to connect to other mailboxes and I want this to be log in the event log. I would like to show the user name and the mailbox they tried to connect to in the same event. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help... Question for you...Does this person who is attempting to connect to the mailboxes have full exchange administrator rights on the Exchange Org? If so, you may want to refer to a previous post as this same question was asked and then answered. Jermaine "faf19...

Access2000: Which Events?
Hi I have a multi-page form (fmAssets) with a subform sfTransactions based on continous form fmTransactions on one page. All transactions have a TransactionDate field, which is unique for given asset, i.e. only 1 transaction on given day for given asset is allowed. On form fmAsset are some controls, which do contain the current (i.e. today's) value of some transaction field - always the latest transaction is the valid one. What I need, ist to recalculate those controls, whenever on subform sfTransactions a new transaction is entered, some existing transaction is changed, or an exis...

Set accNewRecord from on close event?
I know this must be easy but, I’m stumped. I want to do the following things when a pop up form (thePopUp) is closed… Requery a different sub form (theSubForm) that will be open when thePopUp is open(got that figured out) Set the focus of that same sub form to a new record row So my On Close event of the pop up looks like this: Private Sub ThePopUp_Close () ‘This works… Forms!theMainform!theSubForm.Requery ‘Here is where I’m having the problem… ‘This blows up… DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Forms!theMainform!theSubFormControl.SourceObject, acNewRec End Sub Any assistance is apprec...

Event ID 9519
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050203000205000406030504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Newsgroup, I'm having a bit of a challenge here. I'm trying to assist a colleague with the following issue. They have a *Windows 2000 server* and a *Exchange Server 2000 Standard* setup. Everything is working fine except that the Exchange server server crashed for reasons that they cannot say. Now I went through and did a *eseutil /mh /r /k /g* and then unfortunately a */p*. Doing all of that brough...

Publisher-Calendar-re-occuring events
How do I have an event carry over to a new calendar without copy and paste? Copy and Paste, or use a database and Merge the information. -- ...

Capture event when exit Column G
I want to code something whenever there's a change in Column G/8. Some users use the Mouse, others use the Tab, others use the Enter key, so it isn't just a Target.Column=9 deal. Would someone please start me in the right direction for coding on exit of a cell in Column G/8? TIA Hi I'd use the slection_change event. Put the following code in your worksheet module: (Note: column G ist the 7th column) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Static old_column As Integer If Target.Column <> 7 Then If old_column = 7 Then MsgBox "you jus...

Why do some .ics go into Events Calendar not my main one?
When I use the "add to calendar" feature on some events I register for, it opens up another calendar in my outlook called "Events" and posts the name of the event at the top but I cannot open it, view it, move it, or anything. I want it to just go into my main calendar. I don't want multiple calendars. Also, ever since I moved ALL of "My Documents" off my hard drive onto an external drive, I typically have to go get a meeting request from my download folder, open it, then "save it" and it then ends up on my calendar. Is there a chang...

Simultaneous Events
I have a process where, after a certain activity, two additional events will take place simultaneously. For example, when activity #6 is completed, activity #7 and #8 occur simultaneously, and then the continued path from #7 and from #8 head in totally different directions. I am not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:22:00 -0800, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a process where, after a certain activity, two additional events will >take place simultaneously. For example, when activity #6 is completed...

CRM 3.0 Detect Outlook Client Events
I’ve created a custom field for the Appointment entity. The field is required, so the user cannot save an Appointment without entering data in the field. This works great except if a user selects an Appointment on their Outlook calendar and clicks “Track in CRM”; because CRM adds the Appointment directly to the database without showing the Appointment form. Somehow I would like to detect when this occurs, and launch the Appointment form so the user has to enter the data (maybe an Outlook plugin?). I searched for ideas on how to handle this, but I’m not having any luck. Any suggest...

Cannot connect to two exchangr server simultaneously
At our office we have an exchange server, and on my home server I have an exchange server as well for my family mail. My home server is available remotely but... I cannot add that account to my profile. Outlook simply does not allow me to add it. How can I solve this? What 's the best way to have access to both servers? In article <OWLXPjNpEHA.2588@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, jan@van- veldhuizen.nl says... > At our office we have an exchange server, and on my home server I have an > exchange server as well for my family mail. > My home server is available remotely but... I ca...

On Open Event
I get an error message On Open - Object does not support this method or property. I have it narrowed down to: Forms.frmCategories.fsubCategoryDetails.Sales.ColumnHidden = 0 To open without the error, I replaced a period with an exclamation point. Forms.frmCategories.fsubCategoryDetails!Sales.ColumnHidden = 0 Why will a period NOT work in this case? Any help appreciated. Because the full syntax should be: Forms.frmCategories.fsubCategoryDetails.Form.Sales.ColumnHidden = 0 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "NEWER U...

Message Tracking
I'm tracking an e-mail using the Message Tracking tool in Exchange 2003. The e-mail appears to stop at the Categorizer Event. I've done some research and can't seem to find a good reason why it would stop there. The recipient has already recieved e-mails from the sender within the same day/hour. The e-mails that did not make it through did inlcude attachments. Is the message stuck some where? Will it get deleted? Is typical for an e-mail to stop at the Categorizer event? Any help would be great. Is there anything in the queues? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecti...