shapes

I closed the shapes pallete window by clicking the x.
how do i get the thing back?

common sense would dictate it be in the view menu somewhere.

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What version of Visio?

In 2002, View>Task Pane will pull up the overview of all stencils.  To
restore individual stencils, File>Stencils> access the files you need.  If
you've already used shapes in your saved drawing, File>Stencils>Document
Stencil will open the master stencil containing every shape you've used.
Other than that, I'm not sure how to restore a "palette".

Randall Arnold

"Mojoala" <joeywarren@jimbishopcabinets.com> wrote in message
>I closed the shapes pallete window by clicking the x.
> how do i get the thing back?
>
> common sense would dictate it be in the view menu somewhere.

0
rgarnold (90)
4/21/2004 11:41:35 PM
Mojoala wrote:
> I closed the shapes pallete window by clicking the x.
> how do i get the thing back?
>
> common sense would dictate it be in the view menu somewhere.

Shapes (Stencils) can be found under File/Stencils and what ever
group/solution you were using

Phil
0
byindex (4)
5/12/2004 10:14:36 AM
thank you very much.

I was just about to go batty about not having it visible anymore.

Shape inside a shape
I know its gonna sound weird but i have an extense network and we have various networks inside the buildings what i want to do its put make a diagram for my main network and then when double-clicking or doing something the subnetwork pops up or double clicking shows in a side the sub network ; and is there an tooltexttip option for shapes?? Thanks. the usual advice is to have a page for your highlevel view and separate pages for your detailed views, using hyperlinks or off page connectors to move around. The tooltip/comments is documented in the help facilites on how to add them to th...

Linking from shape to shapes in Visio
I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:24:05 -0700, Dave R <Dave R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save >as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! Web pages don't have that degree of granularity for destinations, there is just the page destination or the name destination, there is no mechanism to link to a part of an image. -- Regards, Paul Herb...

Create shape, name shape, add text to shape
Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes. Its working. ;) I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the shape as it is created. I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval 2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the sheet or in the entire workbook. Lets say It started with &qu...

Why do certain shapes don't fall into place in an org chart?
Hello, Using XP, Visio 2003. In an org chart, using the Org Chart stencil, why is it that certain shapes do not fall into place? For example, I've created an org chart with one executive, 3 managers, etc. and when I drag an assistant shape onto one of the managers, it goes right in the middle, on top of any shape that's there. Thanks! Helene ...

Shape properties
I have created a drawing of our server racks. I have also gone into the custom properties of the shapes as they are laid out in the racks and I have entered the server names, serial numbers, BIOS versions, etc. of each shape and I want to display it in a table on a master list sheet. How do I do this? I know the data is usable, I just don't know how to effectively display it. Thanks Have you considered starting with Tools => Reports => New??? Al "Mark Hauschild" <mark.hauschild@remove.acc.af.mil> wrote in message news:O40OwRkfEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Default shape text size
Is it possible to change the default shape text size before starting a flow chart or organisation chart? Also, is it possible to autofit the shape to accommodate the entered text. Both of these are possible in Igrafx Flowcharter. I can't answer that question, but I am looking for someone who can help me convert an old .abc file to visio. I no longer have a copy of ABC Flowcharter so i cannot update the file to a .af3 format that visio can import. any ideas? -- Texan "mhall@insightconsult.co.uk" wrote: > Is it possible to change the default shape text size before s...

Hyperlink Cell to Shape on seperate worksheets
I am struggling with this. Here is my attempt to generate hyperlinks from a Cell (Sheet1) to a Shape (Sheet5). [code] Option Explicit Dim wksData As Worksheet Dim wksShps As Worksheet Dim Shp As Shape Dim rLook As Range Dim rFind As Range Dim shtCell Dim shtRange Dim shtLastRow Dim sBalloon As String Sub NumberToBalloon() 'Contributing author: shg 'create hyperlink from column D bubble number (sheet1) to balloon shape (sheet5) _ by text value 'Reverse of macro BalloonToNumber (author: shg) Sheets(1).Activate Sheets(1).Hyperlinks.Delete For Each shtC...

how do I change all shapes
I have changed my shape on my stencil (I changed the title) - and now I would like all my instances of that shape on my page to reflect the change. How is that done? open the document stencil and change it there as well. Al "Steve" <steve@stevemail.com> wrote in message news:OpxPb.3377$LD4.2765@news.get2net.dk... > I have changed my shape on my stencil (I changed the title) - and now I > would like all my instances of that shape on my page to reflect the change. > > How is that done? > > I have just opened the document stencil - and changed the title of...

Problem Deleting A Range of shapes
Hi! I have a little problem with a part of a code. At first i use the following code to copy paste a rectangle to a range. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test() Dim Rng As Range Dim c As Range Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Result") Set Rng = ws.Range("A3:A" & ws.Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ws.Shapes("Rectangle 51").Copy For Each c In Rng c.Select ws.Paste Next c ws.Range("A1").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -------------------------...

Disable button(shape) after click
Does anyone know of any vba to disable a button (e.g., shape that runs a macro) after it has been clicked. The button (shape) runs a macro that counts and I want to prevent the user from accidently clicking twice. -- Mike Mast Special Education Preschool Teacher Easiest way is to make a second copy of the button with no action Put this behind the proper button and give the top button a trigger animation of disappear (triggered by a click on itself) When you click the macro will run first then the real button will disappear leaving the inactive blank. Don't try to use a...

Smart-shape to dumb-shape? Help with cross functional flow shape?
Greetings! For my purposes, I'd like to use the cross functional shape to build up swimlanes that don't change no mater how or what kind of shape is dropped on them. Using a background page is somewhat inconvenient for my pupose. Can you tell me how to kill the code or events that cause the cross-functional shape to interact with other shapes while leaving its other behaviour intact? (in particular, I don't want other shapes to become attached to a lane nor do I want the lane to change its width) Thanks in advance! The quick solution is to go to Tools > Options > S...

Shapes with Alternate Views
I would like to modify some shapes that I've created to have selectable views. Is there a good reference that indicates how to do this? I am making a set of shapes to create audio components for rack mounting. For each component, I would like to switch between front and rear views. This would be similar to the electrical symbols, e.g., a resistor, that allows you to select different views for fixed or variable resistance. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:30:02 -0800, WapperDude <WapperDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to modify some shapes that I've created ...

auto shapes for Office97
When installing new Office Art Auto Shapes for the above, where are they installed? The default install is for the My Documents folder. Is that right? Thanks, Steve T. ...

New Shapes?
Any word on when MS will release new Shapes for Visio? If MS will not venture into this avenue, can anyone recommend a few good resources for the best shapes on the Net? I am interested in the highest quality stuff out there. Thanks in advance. -a There will be some new shapes with Visio 2007, but there are a number of sources on the web for shapes. I have tried to create a catalogue of what I have found at http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm. So what sort of shapes are you looking for? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA exampl...

Properties of Shape
I am trying to make the customized Shape Data visible in Properties read only. Would anybody know how to do this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:39:07 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to make the customized Shape Data visible in Properties read >only. Would anybody know how to do this? with the shape selected, menu Window -> Show Shapesheet in the Custom Properties section (called Shape Data in Visio 2007) you will see your custom data, the Value cell, edit this so instead of containing, say, "123", make it Guard("123"). ...

Visio Shapes for Web Diagram
I have just installed Vision 2003 and trying to create diagram for my upcoming project involving J2EE with web pages and BPEL flows. I was intending to use the 'Web Diagram' shape which I saw on my colleagues PC which has Visio 2002 installed. But I do not seem to find it with the version (2003) I have just installed. Any reasons or how I can get that ? web diagramming is included in the professional version. http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/diagramtypes.mspx#EUPAE "Nachuri" <Nachuri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD061C57-C4F...

Select all shapes that is connected to a Shape
Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes that is connected to a Shape by line connector Through code. You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then walk the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to collection) to find out who they are connected to. If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a line and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the line using the lines connection collections. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need V...

Where do I find more visio shapes for high voltage engineering?
I am looking to draw single line diagrams of High Voltage (3 phase) substations in Visio and the standard shapes are not what are used in the Power Industry. Is there somewhere to go to find additional shapes? On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:30:02 -0800, "Iain at SP-AusNet" <Iain at SP-AusNet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to draw single line diagrams of High Voltage (3 phase) >substations in Visio and the standard shapes are not what are used in the >Power Industry. >Is there somewhere to go to find additional shapes? Is there some public document som...

replace a shape
Is there an easy way to replace a shape in Vision with another shape. i.e. I would like to change the Decision (Diamond) to a Process (Rectangle) and I do not want to retype the text already in the Process box? TIA On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:39:16 -0000, "Cathy" <Cathy@Nospam.com> wrote: >Is there an easy way to replace a shape in Vision with another shape. i.e. I >would like to change the Decision (Diamond) to a Process (Rectangle) and I >do not want to retype the text already in the Process box? would you care to try out out utilities which will do just that: ...

How do I unlock a shape window?
I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was e-mailed to me). They have grey end points, indicating they are locked, and I cannot resize them. How do I unlock them so I can place more shapes within each one? -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0700, Richard Champlin <RichardChamplin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was >e-mailed to me)....

Change flowchart shape in Visio
Is there an easy way to change a flowchart shape in Visio. Ex. I need to change a process shape to a document shape. I could delete it and then make a new one and then retype the text, but it seems like there should be an easier way. There's not an easy way to change the shapes already in your drawing. However, there is a shape that is capable of showing 4 different flowchart symbols. Look for the Flowchart Shapes master toward the end of the Basic Flowchart Shapes stencil. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

"divide a shape for text"
ive made a simple flow chart and need to have the main shape divided so that written text can be viewed side by side, in the same "shape". nero Wrote: > ive made a simple flow chart and need to have the main shape divided so > that > written text can be viewed side by side, in the same "shape". Just put 2 free form text boxes side by side on top of the shape -- Mallycat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514 View this thread: http...

How change text of some shape acting on personalized properties of the shape in which they are grouped
This is what I do: 1.Create two text shape named Sheet1 e Sheet2 2.Groupe text shape named Sheet1 e Sheet2 in Shape100 3.Define two string personalized properties of Sheet100 named Test1 e Text2 This what I would like: 1. Create a Macro in Visio VBA on click event of Ok button of Sheet100 personalized properties form in such a way that I can copy value of personalized properties Sheet100 Text1 and Text2 into text shape named Sheet1 e Sheet2 Is it possible? If yes, how? Otherwise what's the alternative? Thanks 1000 Mosca ...

Inserting a picture into a shape
Hello All - I need help inserting a picture into an autoshape. I know it can be done but can't remember how I did it. The steps I remember are to go into Format Shape and then click on the picture tab but in this case the picture tab isn't active for me to click on. Anybody have any suggestions? -- Thank you, KDill Select the autoshape, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "KDill" <KDill@discussio...

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...