shape property based on other shape property

I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs.  I am using Visio
2007.  I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID and
Phase.  The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42.  The Phase
corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C.  I want to know
how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property.

Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two
Circuit IDs.  Same numbering as before, so an example might look like "2,4".
In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B.

I figure this could either be coded into the master shapes, or I can have
Visio show me all the shapes with the specific shape property and change
their phase property.  I just don't know how to do either of these, and
clicking on each circuit in my drawing is way too time consuming for this
project.

Thank you very much for your help!

Keven
0
keven (4)
6/20/2007 6:33:00 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:33:00 -0700, keven
<keven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs.  I am using Visio
>2007.  I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID and
>Phase.  The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42.  The Phase
>corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C.  I want to know
>how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property.
>
>Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two
>Circuit IDs.  Same numbering as before, so an example might look like "2,4".
>In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B.
>
>I figure this could either be coded into the master shapes, or I can have
>Visio show me all the shapes with the specific shape property and change
>their phase property.  I just don't know how to do either of these, and
>clicking on each circuit in my drawing is way too time consuming for this
>project.

Have a look at layers, each shape can be a member of one or more
layers.
You can set each layer to be visible/invisible and print/non/print.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Is that what you are trying to do?

--
David Parker
Microsoft MVP (Visio)
"keven" <keven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs.  I am using Visio
> 2007.  I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID
> and
> Phase.  The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42.  The Phase
> corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C.  I want to
> know
> how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property.
>
> Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two
> Circuit IDs.  Same numbering as before, so an example might look like
> "2,4".
> In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B.
>
> I figure this could either be coded into the master shapes, or I can have
> Visio show me all the shapes with the specific shape property and change
> their phase property.  I just don't know how to do either of these, and
> clicking on each circuit in my drawing is way too time consuming for this
> project.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Keven

0
davidp1 (199)

change link properties in a cell
Hello, Our accounting software creates an excel report that contains a link to an image. (file://H:\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxxx.tif) for example. The problem is we want to replace the path to the image with something that will point to a folder on a dvd for example. We will not be able to control which drive letter the end user will use. My questions then; Is there a way to change the path in the link without interacting with each one? There are well over 1000 links in each spreadsheet. Is there a way to make the new path relative to the location of the spreadsheet file? Thanks so much, k Perha...

Shape inside a shape
I know its gonna sound weird but i have an extense network and we have various networks inside the buildings what i want to do its put make a diagram for my main network and then when double-clicking or doing something the subnetwork pops up or double clicking shows in a side the sub network ; and is there an tooltexttip option for shapes?? Thanks. the usual advice is to have a page for your highlevel view and separate pages for your detailed views, using hyperlinks or off page connectors to move around. The tooltip/comments is documented in the help facilites on how to add them to th...

Properties
I'm a graduate student who just finished up a big project in Excel and handed it in. A few days later I get an e-mail from my professor regarding potential cheating. My professor looked at the statistics tab in the properties box and I ended up having the same 'Created' Date as another girl in my class. The date is "Monday, October 14, 1996 6:33:28 PM". First of all we didn't cheat, I barely know this girl. Second, I didn't own my laptop or have Excel in 1996. For some reason we both ended up with a file that somehow got this bogus 1996 Date and Time....

Serializing a property
I have a class that includes a date. When I serialize it, I need to format the date in a specific way to match an existing schema. The property is not included in the output. What am I doing wrong? public class data { private DateTime _MyDate = System.DateTime.Now; [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute] public string FormatedDate { get{ return _MyDate.ToString("MMM dd yyyy hh:mm:ss tt"); } } static void Main(string[] args) { XmlTextWriter w = new XmlTextWriter("test.xml", Encoding.Unicode); ...

Linking from shape to shapes in Visio
I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:24:05 -0700, Dave R <Dave R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save >as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! Web pages don't have that degree of granularity for destinations, there is just the page destination or the name destination, there is no mechanism to link to a part of an image. -- Regards, Paul Herb...

Cant get reference to subform properties in VBA
Because i cant get allen brownes "LockBoundControls" to work with this form. (although it works wonderfully for me in many other instances) I would like to disable the record selectors or possibly the allow additions to prevent copying and pasting a new record to a locked form wich then locks access because of a index violation wich cant be fixed because the form is locked.. after trying to close the form 10 times a message is finally displayed that says the record can not be saved and the form closes.. Please see the code below this line works fine.. Me![F_Parts_Brow...

Hide A row based on a value in that row?
I would like to hide Rows that are not going to be needed. These rows are going to have a #DIV/0! in a cell. Is it possible to hide rows that contain these cell values? How about applying Data|filter|Autofilter to your range (or column???). then you could use a custom filter to show the values that don't equal #Div/0! Rusty Shackelford wrote: > > I would like to hide Rows that are not going to be needed. These rows are > going to have a #DIV/0! in a cell. Is it possible to hide rows that contain > these cell values? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com SWEET THANKS! &qu...

Create shape, name shape, add text to shape
Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes. Its working. ;) I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the shape as it is created. I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval 2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the sheet or in the entire workbook. Lets say It started with &qu...

Form's Dirty property...
I have a Form that has multiple controls on it. I want to detect if any of the information in any of the controls has changed. So, when the user goes to close the form I check the Me.Dirty property. If it's True then I want to save the data. The problem is that I can make changes and the form never comes back with Me.Dirty = True. Is there something that I am missing? Thanks. Joe wrote: >I have a Form that has multiple controls on it. I want to detect if any of the >information in any of the controls has changed. So, when the user goes to >close the form I check the Me...

Why do certain shapes don't fall into place in an org chart?
Hello, Using XP, Visio 2003. In an org chart, using the Org Chart stencil, why is it that certain shapes do not fall into place? For example, I've created an org chart with one executive, 3 managers, etc. and when I drag an assistant shape onto one of the managers, it goes right in the middle, on top of any shape that's there. Thanks! Helene ...

can I do data validation based on contents of cell?
I want to do some kind of look up of a named range that will be equal to the name of the name the user selects. For example: if somebody chooses red from the choices of red,blue, or green in the cell (I used data validation). How can I make it so when the user clicks on the next column, he or she will see the red dresses. I have setup the named ranges so 'red' is the named range of all red dresses. Can I do this with validation? I tried to enter in =c3, but that does not work. What else can I try? Thanks Danny, It can be done with Validation, but it's quite straightforward...

Shape properties
I have created a drawing of our server racks. I have also gone into the custom properties of the shapes as they are laid out in the racks and I have entered the server names, serial numbers, BIOS versions, etc. of each shape and I want to display it in a table on a master list sheet. How do I do this? I know the data is usable, I just don't know how to effectively display it. Thanks Have you considered starting with Tools => Reports => New??? Al "Mark Hauschild" <mark.hauschild@remove.acc.af.mil> wrote in message news:O40OwRkfEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Default shape text size
Is it possible to change the default shape text size before starting a flow chart or organisation chart? Also, is it possible to autofit the shape to accommodate the entered text. Both of these are possible in Igrafx Flowcharter. I can't answer that question, but I am looking for someone who can help me convert an old .abc file to visio. I no longer have a copy of ABC Flowcharter so i cannot update the file to a .af3 format that visio can import. any ideas? -- Texan "mhall@insightconsult.co.uk" wrote: > Is it possible to change the default shape text size before s...

Conflict Between "Server Based" and "Based Rules"
Hi All, I'm still wet behind the ears with Exchange Administration, so please bear with me. Environment: Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 We recently repaired a mailbox using MDBVU32 from an Exchange 2000 CD. The user (a Vice President no less) received a message box stating something similar to "Client side Rules conflict with Server side Rules" with the following three choices: * User Server Rules * Use Client Rules * Cancel I opted for Cancel until I could research furhter, but the the message box does not reappear (or someone has made a choice in the interm). How does one get ...

Hyperlink Cell to Shape on seperate worksheets
I am struggling with this. Here is my attempt to generate hyperlinks from a Cell (Sheet1) to a Shape (Sheet5). [code] Option Explicit Dim wksData As Worksheet Dim wksShps As Worksheet Dim Shp As Shape Dim rLook As Range Dim rFind As Range Dim shtCell Dim shtRange Dim shtLastRow Dim sBalloon As String Sub NumberToBalloon() 'Contributing author: shg 'create hyperlink from column D bubble number (sheet1) to balloon shape (sheet5) _ by text value 'Reverse of macro BalloonToNumber (author: shg) Sheets(1).Activate Sheets(1).Hyperlinks.Delete For Each shtC...

loop thru all forms to change properties
i want to add a command that will update header.backcolor... in (all) of the forms with in the current project...and am using the following code (below)... it loops thru the forms correctly, but does not change the color... Is there a caviat i'm missing? Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim frm As Object For Each frm In CurrentProject.AllForms If Mid(frm.Name, 1, 3) = "frm" Then FormHeader.BackColor = 11528154 txtHeaderTitle.ForeColor = 108 End If Next frm End Sub thanks in advance, mark You have to open each form in...

Counting IV other than base UOM
Hi! My client counts inventory mostly in cases or pallets. In GP, when you do a physical count you can only use the base UOM. They want to be able to count in UOMs other than the base. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera If you click on the Expansion Arrow by U of M on the Stock Count Entry window you will see how you can enter various units of measure. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > My client counts inventory mostly in cases or pallets. In GP, when you do a > physical count you can only ...

Free web based bug tracking and timesheet
TimeLive Web Collaboration Suite is integrated suite for managing project life cycle including tasks, issues, bugs, timesheet, expense, attendance etc. - Free web based bug tracking - Free web based timesheet - Fully integrated project management and collaboration tool. - Configurable timesheet and expense management - Task management - Bug tracking - Issue Tracking - Employee Attendance - Free downloadable version - Free hosted (ASP) version (Unlimited space) - EMail notifications to keep you upto date TimeLive is developed using ASP.Net 2 and Microsoft Ajax 1.0 ...

how do I change all shapes
I have changed my shape on my stencil (I changed the title) - and now I would like all my instances of that shape on my page to reflect the change. How is that done? open the document stencil and change it there as well. Al "Steve" <steve@stevemail.com> wrote in message news:OpxPb.3377$LD4.2765@news.get2net.dk... > I have changed my shape on my stencil (I changed the title) - and now I > would like all my instances of that shape on my page to reflect the change. > > How is that done? > > I have just opened the document stencil - and changed the title of...

Rules based on Bayesian technology (or some other rule creating feature)
I would like a feature that would start creating rules as I move messages around. Is there any addins or code that does this? I am familiar with Spam bayes, but tha is for SPAM, and I am looking for something that would work with my NORMAL messages. Thanks! Bruce ...

Problem Deleting A Range of shapes
Hi! I have a little problem with a part of a code. At first i use the following code to copy paste a rectangle to a range. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test() Dim Rng As Range Dim c As Range Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Result") Set Rng = ws.Range("A3:A" & ws.Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ws.Shapes("Rectangle 51").Copy For Each c In Rng c.Select ws.Paste Next c ws.Range("A1").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -------------------------...

Disable button(shape) after click
Does anyone know of any vba to disable a button (e.g., shape that runs a macro) after it has been clicked. The button (shape) runs a macro that counts and I want to prevent the user from accidently clicking twice. -- Mike Mast Special Education Preschool Teacher Easiest way is to make a second copy of the button with no action Put this behind the proper button and give the top button a trigger animation of disappear (triggered by a click on itself) When you click the macro will run first then the real button will disappear leaving the inactive blank. Don't try to use a...

Property Sheet
Hello: How can i create property sheet without any buttons ? thank you, dave Use a tab control and child dialogs. But if you really want to use a PropertySheet, take a look at this on how to get a hold of the buttons, http://www.codeproject.com/property/hacking_the_cpropertyshee.asp at that point you can always disable and/or hide them. AliR. "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E677A6-352E-4FE9-94EF-1ECDEE600FC1@microsoft.com... > > Hello: > > How can i create property sheet without any buttons ? > > thank you, > da...

Smart-shape to dumb-shape? Help with cross functional flow shape?
Greetings! For my purposes, I'd like to use the cross functional shape to build up swimlanes that don't change no mater how or what kind of shape is dropped on them. Using a background page is somewhat inconvenient for my pupose. Can you tell me how to kill the code or events that cause the cross-functional shape to interact with other shapes while leaving its other behaviour intact? (in particular, I don't want other shapes to become attached to a lane nor do I want the lane to change its width) Thanks in advance! The quick solution is to go to Tools > Options > S...

Hiding Group Footer based on condition
Can anyone tell me how to hide Group Footer based on a condition? Below is an example of output. I want to display subtotal only if number of projects are more than 2. Company B has only 2 projects and no sub total should be displayed. Company A Project1 Cost $1000 Project2 Cost $1000 Project3 Cost $1000 Sub Total $3000 Company B Project1 Cost $1000 Project2 Cost $1000 Company C Project1 Cost $1000 Project2 Cost $1000 Project3 Cost $1000 Project4 Cost $1000 Sub Total $4000 Macker wrote: >Can anyone...