Server Cluster Shape #2

Hi there,

I've been reading a lot of MS articles regarding Network Load Balancing
Clusters and Server Clusters. These documents contain diagrams which I
presume were created using Visio. These diagrams contain 2D shapes for
switches, firewalls etc. as well as a generic shape for a Server Cluster. I
can't find this Cluster shape in the Visio 2000 templates. Can
anybody tell me where I can find it?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

0
nj_whit (3)
9/12/2003 8:50:59 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do you mean the symbols on
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/entserver/quick_start_guide.asp

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
"Nick Whitworth" <nj_whit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I've been reading a lot of MS articles regarding Network Load Balancing
> Clusters and Server Clusters. These documents contain diagrams which I
> presume were created using Visio. These diagrams contain 2D shapes for
> switches, firewalls etc. as well as a generic shape for a Server Cluster.
> can't find this Cluster shape in the Visio 2000 templates. Can
> anybody tell me where I can find it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nick

0
lancucki (505)
9/12/2003 1:59:21 PM
John,

Thanks for the reply. The symbols I'm interested in are found in the
document below
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/deployguide/config/part2/rksrvnlb.asp

Hope you can help?

Thanks

"John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> Do you mean the symbols on

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
> ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/entserver/quick_start_guide.asp
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> "Nick Whitworth" <nj_whit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've been reading a lot of MS articles regarding Network Load Balancing
> > Clusters and Server Clusters. These documents contain diagrams which I
> > presume were created using Visio. These diagrams contain 2D shapes for
> > switches, firewalls etc. as well as a generic shape for a Server
Cluster.
> > can't find this Cluster shape in the Visio 2000 templates. Can
> > anybody tell me where I can find it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Nick

0
nj_whit (3)
9/12/2003 2:24:34 PM
I asked if those symbols were available as a Visio stencil, but I have no
idea how long it will take for an answer.

As an alternate (or if they say no), Visio can use clipart and you can use
the shapes on that page to create your own stencil.

> John,
>
> Thanks for the reply. The symbols I'm interested in are found in the
> document below

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
> ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/deployguide/config/part2/rksrvnlb.asp
>
> Hope you can help?
>
> Thanks
>
> "John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> > Do you mean the symbols on

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
> > ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/entserver/quick_start_guide.asp
> >
> > John...    Visio MVP
> >
> > Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> > Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> > Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> > "Nick Whitworth" <nj_whit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I've been reading a lot of MS articles regarding Network Load
Balancing
> > > Clusters and Server Clusters. These documents contain diagrams which I
> > > presume were created using Visio. These diagrams contain 2D shapes for
> > > switches, firewalls etc. as well as a generic shape for a Server
> Cluster.
> > > can't find this Cluster shape in the Visio 2000 templates. Can
> > > anybody tell me where I can find it?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Nick

0
lancucki (505)

GL Year End Closing #2
After we ran the GL year end close the Year End Closing Report does not balance. Also the retained earnings amount is incorrect. I checked and all of the P&L accounts have a beginning balance of zero. Has anyone run into this and how can I find what accounts are off and correct them? -- Ladd Sustar Ladd, Have you checked your GL Trial Balance for the new year to see if it balances and the correct RE balance is reflected? If it does, maybe there's a problem with the Year End Closing Report itself. If your new GLTB doesn't balance the first thing I would do is start compar...

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Match and lookup data #2
Hello I would like to look up data in another sheet of the same workbook onl when it matches data selected in a dropdown(s). Attached is a spreadsheet which better explains my predicament I tried the various lookup and match functions and even tried combinin them but my not so superior knowledge of Excel limits me. Please help guys Cheers Yusu Attachment filename: timesheet test 1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56973 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Question #2
Is there a way to use the sumif function in regards to a cell's format? For example, I want to sum all cells that are filled in red. Hi Tom! Try a visit to Chip Pearson's site for this issue: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Here's an extract that covers what you want: Start Extract>> The following function will return the sum of cells in a range that have either an Interior (background) or Font of a specified color. InRange is the range of cells to examine, WhatColorIndex is the ColorIndex value to count, and OfText indicates whether to return ...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Sales for Outlook 1.2 Client Install Errors
We have been experiencing some problems reinstalling the Outlook Sales client on a machine that lost functionality with the CRM Appointment button. The form just stopped loading when the button was clicked, so we followed the following steps: 1. We removed and then re-added the COM object Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin and also cleared the forms cache in Forms Manager. This did not resolve the issue. 2. We then completely uninstalled Sales for Outlook 1.2, rebooted the system, reinstalled and rebooted and when Outlook was launched, it now delivers the error "An error occurred in...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

Sorting Data #2
I have informations for transactions: A1:A10= date B1:B10= Name C1:C10 = Costs There are rows that contain no data. Examle: rows 1.3.4,9 may have data rows 2,5,6,7,8,10 would be empty I'd like to sort the data to elimated the empty rows at the following locations and show 4 consecutive rows of data. : A12:A22= sorted dates B12:B22= Sorted names C12:C22= Sorted costs Any help is appreciated, Thanks Travelersway -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Shapes Stencils Question
Greetings, I am running Visio 2003. Is there a simple way to rearrange the order of the stencils? I would like to place those used most above the others in rank order. I have looked and searched, however, have found no help. Drag and drop seems to work somewhat, however, creates a mess which I can't use. Thanks in advance for your help! Hi Ray, You can probably drag them all out of their docked position, then re-dock them in the order that you want. You'll probably have to save the document as a new template (ie: Ray Flowchart.vst) to get the settings to stick. -- Hope t...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

Worksheet names #2
Is there anyway to name a worksheet with text from a cell in anothe worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi only with VBA. using something like sub rename() dim wks as worksheet dim target_wks as worksheet set wks = activesheet set target_wks = worksheets(1) target_wks.name=wks.range("A1").value end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there anyway to name a worksheet with text from a cell in another > worksheet. > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thank you this helped a lo -- Message posted f...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

web server and exchange server on 2 different servers.
Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate license? What version of Exchange? If E2k/2003, you have to use FE/BE....and for E2k, the FE server has to be Enterprise. Gonzosez wrote: > Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail > server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? > > If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate > license? You can install OWA on the w...

error C2440 #2
error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'int (__thiscall CButtonSSL::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* ) (WPARAM,LPARAM)' error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'LRESULT (__thiscall CButtonSSL::* )(WPARAM)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* ) (WPARAM,LPARAM)' Can any one help me to fix this bug udhay Udhay schrieb: > error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'int (__thiscall > CButtonSSL::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* ) > (WPARAM,LPARAM)' One of your messaged han...

Importing XML data into SQL Server 2005
Hi, We have an app in .NET with sql server 2005 backend and would need to import relatively huge amount of data from disparate providers on a nightly basis. What is the file format that is preferred and please help me understand why we need to go with a specific format? Is it XML, CSV, or anything else? We have been leaning towards using XML If it is XML, how can we a template for the XML file (is it the XSD schema file?) and pass it to the providers so that we can get formatted data without much discrepancies? Thanks in advance! ...