Saving Visio files as JPG files?

I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this.
0
anonymous (74721)
12/30/2003 7:31:16 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

TW,

Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes in Word.
We have a multipage export utility for Visio to PowerPoint at
www.bVisual.net

"TW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am currently working on a network documentation project and have
succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of
the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file.
I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try
this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio
files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even
when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known
issue or workaround for this.

0
David
12/31/2003 11:08:24 AM
One ugly way to do this is with Save as Webpage. Select the Save As Type to
be Webpage and change the Publish output file options to GIF.

When you save out your multipage doc, a whole whack of htm, xls, and gif
files will be outputted. Open up Windows Explorer and grab the gif files you
need and delete the rest. You can convert the gif files to jpg with an art
program if you really need it in that format.

Hope that helps.

"TW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am currently working on a network documentation project and have
succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of
the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file.
I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try
this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio
files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even
when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known
issue or workaround for this.

Open an Excel file via a script and Run a macro
I wish to open an Excel file via a script and run a specified macro, then save the file at a certain time each day. I looked up the Microsoft site and found the code below which Opens all files in a directory, runs a macro on all then closes. It pretty much does what I want except I just have one specified file, problem is I'm not sure what part of the code I change, I just can't work it out. Hope someone can help Important information I guess is Path where file exists: T:\2008\sean\my documents\Daily Report.xls (this is a mapped drive on my PC) Macro name: CompileReport Code from ...

Test case generation with Visio
Hi, Is there any way to generate test cases using visio drawing? OR Can we use any third party tool with Visio to generate test cases? Regards/Mayank On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Mayank <Mayank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there any way to generate test cases using visio drawing? > >OR > >Can we use any third party tool with Visio to generate test cases? http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

why I can't declaring a CArray object in a separate header file?
Hello I have no problem declaring a CArray variable inside a class definition but as I have a separate file that I place all my typedefs inside it, I have tried to define a struct that has a CArray member but compiler says: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h 272 this was my code inside TypeDefs.H typedef struct tag_compliance_info { LONG lModuleCode; LONG lModuleVersion; CString sModuleName; CArray<POINT> aCompliance; } STRUCT_COM...

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Personal macros file
I keep a number of blocks of code in my personal.xls startup file just to have them readily at hand and perform routine tasks more quickly (and sometimes to save bits that were hard to figure out how to do). My company has chosen a somewhat chaotic approach to transitioning staff/depts from Excel 2003 to 2007, resulting in my needing to have both application versions on my PC at the same time. Believe me, I KNOW this is not recommended. So, here is my question. I've succeeded in creating one personal.xls file in my startup folder that opens for either application - though...

Export drawing to EMF file
Hello, How do I export a drawing to an EMF (or other image type) file using the ActiveX in VB6? I've tried the SaveAs and a file is created but it is empty. TIA Vic ...

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...