Reverse of export to database

Ave,

I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access
database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an
existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt
files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional.

Greetings,
0
jqdoumen (1)
7/9/2003 1:44:40 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database
schema?

If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New
\ Database \ Database model diagram)
If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \
Macros \ Visio Extras \ Link to Database)
You can import from a DSN.

--
-ronnie
[MS]

"Jan DOUMEN" <jqdoumen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ave,
>
> I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access
> database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an
> existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt
> files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional.
>
> Greetings,

0
asdf5464 (91)
7/9/2003 4:22:56 PM
Getting Visio to draw the shapes on the diagram as the Database records are
populated would require some custom VBA macro code. Visio does not have
built-in functionality to dynamically draw the shapes like that.

It is do-able and shouldnt be too hard.
Once your database records are populated, the macro can use ADO or ODBC to
access the database.
Get the data and put them into a shape and instantiate the shape on the
page.

--

> > Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the
database
> > schema?
> >
> > If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \
New
> > \ Database \ Database model diagram)
> > If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \
> > Macros \ Visio Extras \ Link to Database)
> > You can import from a DSN.
>
> Ronnie,
>
> during an export, a table is created with data in it describing the
> shapes. Something like:
>
> ShapeKey Width Height Angle FlipX FlipY PinX PinY LocPinX LocPinY
ResizeMode LinePattern LineWeight LineColor LineCap BeginArrow
BeginArrowSize EndArrow EndArrowSize Rounding FillPattern FillForegnd
FillBkgnd ShdwPattern ShdwForegnd ShdwBkgnd BeginX EndX BeginY EndY
ShapeText ShapeData1 ShapeData2 ShapeData3
> 1 20 mm 10 mm 0 deg FALSE FALSE 30 mm 245
> mm Width*0,5 Height*0,5 0 1 0,72 pt 0 0 0 2 0 2 0
> mm 1 1 0 0 0 1 Box I
>
> I would like to start from a blank Visio drawing, and let Visio draw
> the shapes as they are 'recorded' in the database. I want him to take
> the data describing the different shapes, and put the shapes in the
> new drawing.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Jan DOUMEN

0
asdf5464 (91)

Export Calendar Items from Public Folders
Due to the fact that public folders are going away, we are attempting to export our data from public folders and import into our Sharepoint site. My job is primarily focused on the calendars and I am a c# developer. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! ...

How to export...
I need to export my messages from WLM, but the only export option that works seems to be WLM format, which other email clients don't recognize. I can't export as "Microsoft Exchange" because I don't have outlook or exchange installed. Is there any other way to get messages out of WLM? I tried moving stuff to one of my imap accounts, and that works, but I have a ton of stuff to move and it would take hours and hours to shuffle my stuff through an imap account. Why do you need to export? Are you trying to move the emails to another program? -- Ron Somme...

Exporting charts to Illustrator
Is there a trick to exporting charts to Adobe Illustrator 10.0? I have no problem simply copying and pasting them into Photoshop, but Illustrator, though it seems to recognize an object on the clipboard, does not respond to the "paste" command. Is is neccessary to save the chart as a PDF first? I don't have Illustrator on this machine, but you could try the following method, from a post by Jon Peltier: http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=3F8C1DB9.4050203%40yahoo.com '============================== You can copy the chart as a picture in Excel: hold down Shift wh...

Error 6553609 Backing up WSS2.0 database from SBS 2003 server
Hello, World When I run: "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\BIN\SMIGRATE.EXE" -w http://intranet -f f:\intranet\intranet.fwp I get this output. 15 Nov 2009 14:17:49 -0000 Site collection opened 15 Nov 2009 14:17:52 -0000 ERROR (possibly fatal): ERROR: 6553609 You are not authorized to perform the current operation. 15 Nov 2009 14:17:52 -0000 Site collection closed Note that this seems different from the regular cases for this error (6553609) seen on the internet (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Marketinglist export in dynamic worksheet
I have a CRM 3.0 environment with some strange behaviour when exporting all contacts from a marketinglist to a dynamic Excel worksheet. For example, the list has 50 members, but with the export I get all contacts from CRM. When using the static export, it works fine and it only exports the 50 members. I have tried another installation and here there are not problems when exporting to a dynamic Excel. Does anybody know if this is a (CRM) setting? -- CRM consultant ...

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Export mail to text file
How do you go about exporting *all* the messages in a mailbox folder to a text file format that includes all the headers? This is needed to pass a whole batch of spam email which SpamAssassin missed through it's learner. SpamAssassin appears to have come from the Unix world and expects the mail in text format. I've had a dabble with a VB program to allow a folder to be selected using the Outlook object model. I can get as far as a simple list of all the subject lines but don't know too much about Internet email format to get any further! Thanks, Rob. Have you checked out the e...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Export highlighted data
Is there a way to export a highlighted section of a worksheet to a text file? Or is there a way to only export parts of a spreadsheet that have data in them? For example, I have a spreadsheet with many hidden formulas from rows 1 - 100. Sometimes only rows 1-12 have data. If I save the spreadsheet as text, the empty rows (13-100) show up with a set of columns. For compliance reasons, I can not incorporate a macro. Any ideas? Thanks! The Text Write Program at www.smokeylake.com lets you select one range, which it will write to a text file, with options. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeyl...

Preserving formatting when exporting to static Excel worksheet
I just discovered that, when you export the contents of a CRM view to a dynamics worksheet, the number formatting is preserved. However, if you export the contents to a static worksheet, the numbers come across as text. This appears to be a bug. Is there a fix in the works for it soon? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based...

Excel as a database #3
is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a database. Please show me any path Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao, Consider Access for this project. To do this properly, you'll likely need a table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer information, one for your customers. Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn work to implement related tables, move records around, ...

Importing text file corrupts my database
I'm running Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 on a MacBook under Snow Leopard 10.6.2. First I cleared out a lot of old emails and folders but there were three emails I could not delete. This then linked to the database being or becoming corrupted and rebuilding it failed every time very near the end. I eventually resolved that by manually dragging every folder to make mbox files and constructing a new identity - never done that before. The new database is fine and uncorrupted, BUT, every time I import my list of contacts from a delimited text file the database corrupts again ...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Exporting to Mac
I have made a Pivot Table in various formats and none seem to be accepted by Mac users. Is there anything that I'm missing? Hard to tell from your description. MacXL 98-2004 certainly supports PTs. Which XL version are you using? Which version are your Mac users using? How large is the PT? What type/size is the PT's source data? In article <73C386F7-0AE6-4E07-BC51-9AB8F2258DFF@microsoft.com>, "Crosscatch" <Crosscatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have made a Pivot Table in various formats and none seem to be accepted by > Mac users. Is there ...

Export graphs into excel or word
Hi all, I have created a graph that works fine, it looks ok in preview, but is there anyway you can export graphs directly into a word doc or excel, I have tried the various export options available but non seem to work. thanks. ...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

export from excel to word #2
looking for possibilityfor export single cell from excel spredsheet to the Word Can anybody help -- Marek With both the spreadsheet and Word document open, click on the cell you wish to export and: Edit > Copy Then click in the appropriate place in the Word Document and: CNTRL-v Note that if you want the destination to "look like" a cell, then create a 1 x 1 table in the Word doc and paste there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200812 "lermar" wrote: > looking for possibilityfor export single cell from excel spredsheet to the Word > Can anybody help &g...

Splitting Database 05-13-10
I have completed the process for splitting my database with the assistance of this forum. But I realized that my code to post an appointment to the Outlook Calendar was no longer working. It gave me the message: "Compile Error: User- defined type not defined" and highlighted "Dim outobj As Outlook.Application. " of the code. So I looked at my references and realized that all were not transferred over to the new databases so I began to add the ones I had in the actual database. But now when I add the following reference - Microsoft DAO 3. 6 Object Library, it gives m...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

export global variables in DLL
Hi, how I have to declare global variables in a dll for exporting? thanks, steffen I declared it in the dll- header file like __declspec( dllexport) extern int IX; After including the header-file in the exe I compiled the program without errors, but I get a linker error like: Not resolved external signal "int X" thanks steffen Steffen Michael schrieb: > Hi, > how I have to declare global variables in a dll for exporting? > thanks, > steffen You don't. While possible, it represents truly lousy programming practice. Use accessor functions to set and get the var...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Hairdressing Appointment Database
Hi there I am in the process of developing a hairdressing database for a friend, it had started off as a real world project but due to certain pitfalls my friend has decided not to go through with it. I on the other hand would like to complete it as a pet project. I would appreciate it if you could furnish me with any sites or help concerning the possibility of appointment clashing and how to stop an appointment being booked for example 9.10am when an appointment has been made for 9.00am to 9.20am - I would like to have this blocked but still able to book for 9.10 for a quick 10 minute hair...

IMF database
Dear all: If I send the email out, will IMF learn the reception user and add them to white-list? If yes, where is the IMF database? Many thanks for your reply! On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:24:05 +0800, "David" <david@idle.com.tw.nospam> wrote: > If the client has it configured that recipients for outbound mails are included in their whitelist then the IMF will accept them inbound. .... unless the message is blocked outright by IMF before being passed to the mailstore (where whitelists are considered). -GT "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrot...

How to export UML in Visio to XMI file
I am trying to export UML in Visio2003 (Windows 2000) to XMI file. I copied the xmiexprt.dll to visio11\dll folder. My paths are correct and macro security set top low. I still cannot see xmi export option in Tools>Add-ons menu. Can someone suggest a solution please? ...

XML special character export
I’m having problems with special symbols when exporting XML files from Excel (MS Office 2003). Five special XML symbols need to be changed to this: Left angle bracket < to < Right angle bracket > to > Ampersand & to & Apostrophe ‘ to &apos; Quotation mark “ to " With left angle bracket, ampersand and right angle bracket (<, &, >) everything is ok, because Excel automatically converts them to needed entity reference, but it doesn’t convert quotation mark and apostrophe (“, ‘). I wrote a VBA function that replaces the quotation mark “ with...