Resize UML Actor

Hi all,

I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. We're working with UML diagrams and we're
having problems resizing the "actor" shape. We can make it larger, but
we can only shrink it to a certain size, and then Visio won't let us
shrink it any further. .32 X .87 is the smallest we can make it, which
is still too big for us.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

Thanks,
-Jay Dreyer

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello jay,

The size of the actor shape is controlled by the UML addin. It is strange
but ??

By the way here is a turn around.
    The width cannot be smaller than the value of the User.DefaultWidth cell
(a User defined cells section in the shapesheet)
    The height cannot be smaller than the value of the User.DefaultHeight
cell (a User defined cells section in the shapesheet)

So if you modify these values you can shrink the shape as you want.

You can of course modify directly the original stencil if you want this for
ever.

Ciao
<jay.dreyer@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. We're working with UML diagrams and we're
> having problems resizing the "actor" shape. We can make it larger, but
> we can only shrink it to a certain size, and then Visio won't let us
> shrink it any further. .32 X .87 is the smallest we can make it, which
> is still too big for us.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get around this?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jay Dreyer

0
mich.laplane (167)

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

UML notation in Visio 2003
Somehow I can't find Software utencil on my Visio 2003 such as UML notations. The first thing to check is that you have Visio Professional and not Standard. UML and the other software templates are only available in Professional. -- Tim Davenport Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Hien" <Hien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C3EEBA8-F9E0-425F-AD9A-C2B38194C85E@microsoft.com... > Somehow I can't find Software utencil on my Visio 2003 such as UML > notations. ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized
Hello, Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any >suggestions? > >Thanks, >Linda > >. You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping. Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size: CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyo...

Drop Down box resizing on open
I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes which keep resizing when I open up the sheet. I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's in column D based on column's A values. I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another sheet). The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so the cell contents can be read. I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells&...

Resizing trendline title in legend
G'day, Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that is auto-generated is "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED INITIAL YELD" The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font, it INSISTS on using 3 lines. Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The ...

Resizable CPropertySheet In Resizable CFormView
I'm trying to build an MFC-based SDI app that has a look somewhat like that shown by Joseph M. Newcomer at http://www.flounder.com/proppage.gif in his page "The Graphical Developer Interface" ( http://www.flounder.com/gdi.htm ). The property sheet and the pages in it should be resizable, and it's the resizing that I'm having problems with. I selected a CFormView-based application and put a CPropertySheet in it, with appropriate pages. (I selected a CFormView over a dialog-based app because I wanted the framework's support for all the things you don't get with a...

How do you change default font size for UML elements in Visio Dra.
I'm just getting started with Visio 2007 and reverse engineering C++ code (although I'm interested in C# code as well!) I have two questions. 1) When I drag classes onto the drawing surface the font of the text is too small. I can change it class by class, but that's a pain. Surely there is some global place to change it? 2) How do I drag all the classes on from the Model Explorer onto the drawing surface at once? Shift key and ctrl key do not work. Thanks Dave. ...

Can I automatically resize all controls in a Dialog without adding user codes
Dear All, Can I design a Dialog that automatically resizes all controls when the Dialog is being resized? Many thanks, Yes. You can resize or move them as you wish by handling OnSize of the dialog. SetWindowPos can be used to change the size and/or position. Here is a helpful link: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/resizabledialog.asp --- Ajay No. You must explicitly take action on the OnSize handler to resize them. Sometimes, there are packages called "geometry managers" that make this fairly straightforward (check www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com for examples)...

resize
trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around the page and every time i resize, it resizes the frame to make it really small in the corner. is there a way this can be locked? thanku sounds like the frame may be associated with a background page, that often happens with some materials that I put together. Al "Harry Archer" <ha092003@removehotmail.com> wrote in message news:eDkN9%23pqDHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around > the page and every time i resize, it resizes the f...

Some UML tutorials
Hello, Since my previous post (tutorial for UML), I didn't see any answer (suppose noone has answered or there is a problem on my computer refreshing this newsgroup). I would like some UML tutorials + more (not tutorial on how to use Visio) , that explains all the visual objects on Visio, and has some good examples, please. Thanks :) Well, since you are specifically asking that it not be visio inclusive, you might check Amazon.com al "Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:OwQN%23hcXIHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > >...

Access 2007: Resizing one textbox resizes all
Created a new form, all textboxes were auto-created from the Data Source table. Now, I want to resize some of the textboxes to smaller and larger. When I give focus to one textbox and drag to resize, all textboxes automatically get focus and resize as well. Or, when I change the textbox width in the Properties for one text box, all of them change. Never saw this behavior in Access 2003. A2007 has a new feature for linking all the controls. Sometimes a very handy feature, sometimes not so handy. To remove the linking, select one of the linked controls, go to the arrange m...

Resize CToolBar?
I've got a problem with CToolBar (MFC). Im trying to change the toolbar resource at runtime using LoadToolbar(). The "new" toolbar is loaded ok, but the width of the old layout remains (the buttons to the far left are hidden). If I grab the toolbar and drag it, it is updated to the new width. Is there a CToolBar method I can use to update it? I've tried SetSizes() with no luck. Try calling RecalcLayout(). Tom "Fredrik" <eelector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3787004.0502230411.620d8144@posting.google.com... > I've got a problem with CToolBar...

uml use case
Newbie Question How do I actually start a uml use case diagram. I don't have the option of selecting On the File menu, point to New, point to Software, and then click UML Model Diagram. I don't have software as a group under new. Are you running Visio Professional? This functionality is not part of the Visio Standard product. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lesviper" <Lesviper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01732F7D-76A8-46EF-B...

Resizing?
Hello, can onyone explain in brief how to do sizing in MFC? How large MFC-based products supports resizable windows/controls, i.e. gui elements? I found nothing worth in MFC/MSDN. For example, How photoshop does sizing its tool windows? Macromedia Dreamweaver, CoolEdit, SoundForge? Do they programmed sizing by hand? I know VCL sizing (anchors or aligned container panels), layout managers in Swing/Java. What about MFC? I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You start off by placing controls in the form(dialog) in resource editor. This is a manual process. It can be automated but a lot of i...

how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a listctrl........????????????
how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a listctrl........???????????? > how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a > listctrl........???????????? Regardless of where it is created, you can use SetWindowPos to size it. --- Ajay ...

How do I resize shape in powerpoint (resizing collapses the shape
I can draw a shape in PowerPoint 2007 but when I click on it to change the size, it collapses vertically. I can stretch it horizontally but can't change the vertical height. Have you applied all the hot fixes and service packs to PowerPoint 2007? There were issues with this early on, but most have been resolved with the updates. Bill Dilworth "jmmarq4" <jmmarq4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD51B77B-1C94-471B-A574-551191857A98@microsoft.com... >I can draw a shape in PowerPoint 2007 but when I click on it to change the > size, it...

Resize UML Actor
Hi all, I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. We're working with UML diagrams and we're having problems resizing the "actor" shape. We can make it larger, but we can only shrink it to a certain size, and then Visio won't let us shrink it any further. .32 X .87 is the smallest we can make it, which is still too big for us. Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Thanks, -Jay Dreyer Hello jay, The size of the actor shape is controlled by the UML addin. It is strange but ?? By the way here is a turn around. The width cannot be smaller than the value of the User.Def...

Resizing email message screen
On starting WLM, it always fills the whole screen of my laptop, no matter how the screen was resized before the previous exit from WLM. Also, on opening any email message after resizing WLM, the email message itself still occupies the whole screen. Is this a problem with Windows 7 Premium which I have on my laptop, or is it a problem with WLM? Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to the size you desire. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Wi...

Graphic and text resizing
I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it. But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller. I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a whole. Help! -- Norma Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Resizing embedded Excel Spreadsheet causes problems...
I'm using Visio 2000, and I've got an embedded Excel spreadsheet for a parts list on the first page. I'm trying to expand the spreadsheet by a few columns, and although it seems to work OK when I edit the Excel spreadsheet and drag the frame out a few columns, when I close the edit the frame hides the columns I've just added. Am I doing something wrong here? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks! Chris "Brinks" <BrinkleyChristianD@JohnNOSPAMDeere.com> wrote: >I'm using Visio 2000, and I've got an embedded Excel spreadsheet for a parts >list o...

Controls resize when clicked
In Excel 2002, activeX controls such as command buttons, combo boxes, check boxes and option buttons will display inaccurately until they receive focus. Fonts and symbols used in the control often appear distorted until clicked. For example, with the combobox, the dropdown arrow appears scrunched. With command buttons it looks like the height and width are both increased by 1 when clicked and then the button returns to the wrong size when another control receives the focus. This occurs on multiple machines running Office XP, with and without service packs 1 and 2 installed. The probl...