Re: Displaying Electrical Connections on Two Wires

Hi all,

Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms -
how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical
schematic drawing in Visio.  I am currently using Visio 2002.

Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase,
I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot
connection between the two wires?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Matt
0
tips6 (2)
5/1/2008 12:23:00 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Thu, 1 May 2008 05:23:00 -0700, tips6
<tips6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms -
>how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical
>schematic drawing in Visio.  I am currently using Visio 2002.
>
>Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase,
>I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot
>connection between the two wires?

There are two 'blob' junction shapes in the Transmission Paths
stencil.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electrical for Visio          http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/

First, a common practice is NOT allow four way connections.  That is, lines
crossing each other, by definition, are not connected.  This is a "dotless"
convention, adopted back when making Xerox copies of copies would tend to
drop the dots.

Second, if you go to the page set up (File>Page Setup), there is a layout
and routing tab.  You can specify line jumps, which will indicate that lines
are not connected.  Sort of the anti-dot convention (my terminology).

Third, you can create a dot symbol (shape) and manually place it at all of
your connection points.  This is tedious and error prone.  I do not recommend
it.

My recommendation is option 1, and forget using dots.  It's the fastest
approach, and if you adhere to the convention, there is no mistaking the
connections.

Hope this helps.
Wapperdude

"tips6" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms -
> how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical
> schematic drawing in Visio.  I am currently using Visio 2002.
>
> Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase,
> I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot
> connection between the two wires?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt
0
WapperDude (134)
5/3/2008 2:12:01 AM
Need to update my previous post.  When I wrote that, I was using Visio
Standard, which does not include the electrical stencils.  So, my comments
for the "3rd option" are inappropriate.  As Paul Herber pointed out, on the
Transmission Paths Stencil, there are already two junction shapes, a single
dot and a multi-branch dot pair.  So, it is unnecessary to create a new
shape.  Sorry for any confusion.

Wapperdude

"WapperDude" wrote:

> Visio doesn't handle schematics like most schematic entry programs, as a
> result, it doesn't automatically add connection dots.  You have several
> options.
>
> First, a common practice is NOT allow four way connections.  That is, lines
> crossing each other, by definition, are not connected.  This is a "dotless"
> convention, adopted back when making Xerox copies of copies would tend to
> drop the dots.
>
> Second, if you go to the page set up (File>Page Setup), there is a layout
> and routing tab.  You can specify line jumps, which will indicate that lines
> are not connected.  Sort of the anti-dot convention (my terminology).
>
> Third, you can create a dot symbol (shape) and manually place it at all of
> your connection points.  This is tedious and error prone.  I do not recommend
> it.
>
> My recommendation is option 1, and forget using dots.  It's the fastest
> approach, and if you adhere to the convention, there is no mistaking the
> connections.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Wapperdude
>
> "tips6" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms -
> > how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical
> > schematic drawing in Visio.  I am currently using Visio 2002.
> >
> > Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase,
> > I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot
> > connection between the two wires?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Matt
0
WapperDude (134)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

global catalog connections
lately we are experiencing slow outlook start ups investigating this I noticed thru the connection status that outlook is always connecting to an offsite DC instead of the DC in the same site or the DC at the site of the XC server our setup is an HQ office with the datacenter holding one XC server and two GC servers + a number of branch offices each holding a GC server XC server is 2k7SP1, Outlook clients are all 2k7SP2 what could be the reason of outlook using an offsite GC? I already checked SPN entries (exchangeAB/server) and updated the missing ones thnx On ...

PDOI: Image display.
I hope to be able to display an image. I've looked at and tried to apply sample code from a number of sources, including Sam's _Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days_, an MFC Bible, Jeff Proise's MFC book, etc. I would like to set up an array as follows data[0] = 0; data[1] = 0; data[2] = 255; to draw a red square, rect, or triangle. Once I see I can control pixel values, invoke the CBitmap class and control the display of the pixels, I'll worry about the code that reads the image file to be displayed. Can someone point me in the right direction. I also started a basic M...

Re-install Outlook 2002

how to use STATIC control to display temperature in degree (oC)?
I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit in degree (that is oC). How to do that? CString Temp; Temp.Format("%ld%cC",Degrees,0xB0); AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129056720.751477.33580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit > in degree (that is oC). How to do that? > ...

Outlook 2003B2TR
I cannot get at the messages stored in one of my e-mail folders. It's called "Personal" When I click on the folder in the "All Mail Folders" view, the message area goes grey with a heading nof "Unable to disply the folder". The toolbars and normal mail options go away, too. There are sub-folders to Personal folder, and I could move the sub-folders to a different location. They and the messages in them are fine. When I right-click on Personal and go to the Property tab, it looks to me like all of the other mail folders. When I toggled "Show number of...

Close Connection Question
I use transferspreadsheet (link) to bring Excel sheets into my managers database. I have gone into Excel and set the sheets to shared but still some users who try to access that same sheet will get a message that it is in use by another user, which causes their computer to put up the debug message. Is it possible to close that connection after the sheet has been linked and updated the table? Or is there a better way? Or would it be possible to have each user load their own copy? What is the best solution for this? Thanks, Milt -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas no s...

Some text displays as #################
I have an Excel (2007) sheet with three columns. All are formatted as text. In some rows, the third column contains several hundred characters. Those cells display as ################, but if I select that cell, the display window above shoes the actual data and if I press F2, I can see all of the data. This would not be a problem, but when I export this sheet, the csv file contains the ##########s and not the actual data. What am I doing wrong? "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message news:6aijo59pi23mtlnp9j0n6qh6c2jgprkiob@4ax.com... >I have an Excel (2007) sheet ...

Display text with Unicode format (ex: Chinese) on controls written by VC6.0
Hi all, We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese Idea? Thanks. >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the characters). Dave Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build a debug Unicode project? We can use fo...

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...

Connect Windows 7 to SBS 2003
Spent the last eight hours trying to connect my W7 workstation to a fresh install of SBS 2003 premium. When running http://server/connectcomputer/, I would get as far as providing a username and password for setup when a popup would inform me, "The list of users and computers could not be found. Make sure that the Small Business Server network adapters are configured correctly.". I have only one NIC, I can see the shared folders on my server and even connect to them. My server is not running DHCP or DNS and I think these might be my problem. I did run windows update and...

Re: exmerge error

Portfolio manager and same security display problem
I am using Money 2008 Plus Deluxe. I have investment in Mutual Fund which is held partly directly with the Fund Manager and partly with a Fund supermarket. There are two seperate accounts list to manager this. In the Portfolio Manager, I want to show these as seperate items but Money will not allow me to use the same symbol for it. Is there a way round this? Alternatively, how can I 2group" both these accounts as one in Portfolio Manager? In microsoft.public.money, nospam@aol.com wrote: > >I am using Money 2008 Plus Deluxe. > >I have investment in Mutual Fund which is ...

Entourage 2008 Web Services edition (13.0.3) and " Unable to establish a secure connection" error
One of our users had his Entourage 2008 upgraded to EWS (13.0.3). He is using Leopard 10.5.8. Since the upgrade he is getting an error/warning message after he provides his login credentials: "Unable to establish a secure connection to exchnlb.txstate.edu because the server name or IP address does not match the name or IP address of the server's certificate." This looks very similar to an issue that was address by the 12.1.2 update. There are no reports of other users which this issue. I use the same version of EWS as the user. There is an ability to capture i...

Open a Report with two different forms
I have a report (rptRepairRequest) that I have command button that prints it out from a form based on the ID of that form. This works fine. What I would like, and not sure if it is possible, is to have another form where I can just select the ID from a drop-down and open the same report. My record source for the report is currently: SELECT tblRepairList.* FROM tblRepairList WHERE (((tblRepairList.RepairID)=Forms!frmSerReqEntry!txtRepairID)); I tried adding an OR statement at the end: "OR (tblRepairList.RepairID)=Forms![frmRptRepairRequest]! [cboRepairID]" but it asks me for '...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Re:

Read Mail
When I receive an email I can see all the 'To's' in the preview panel but when I open the mail message all I see is the 'From'. Is there a display setting so that I can see all the 'To's' when I open the mail mesage and read it? I have looked and can't find a display setting for this. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2002. Thanks for any help. ...

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

View two page spread?
Hello, I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a single sheet at the same time. However, the view does not change even though there is a check mark next to the command. Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once? TIA, Catt Catt <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides > of a single sheet at the same time. However, the view does not > change even though there is a check mark next to the command. > Shouldn't I be able t...