Re: Creating .VDX files outside visio

Chris Roth's presentation covers writing out XML that can be opened in
Visio.  Can you be more specific about what you need to do?

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"Narendra Wagh" <narendra.wagh@yagnaiq.com> wrote in message news:...
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio
>
> hey Al Edlund ,
> thanx for ur reply.
> i've already checked visio guy's(chris roth's) presentation.
> but still cant find solution to my problem.
> can sum1 cum wit any idea?
>
> url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/11271186.aspx

0
marknel (439)
2/15/2008 12:33:14 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

hey mark,
thanx 4 ur reply.
I really didnt understand how to manually create XML file which i=E2=80=99l be renam=
ing to .vdx & then i=E2=80=99l be viewing my drawing in visio. Is it possible?
my application uses some data abt some components & accd to that i need to generate dia=
gram connecting those components. Also, i use JAVA as development language. So, all=
 i need to ask is that,whether can i somehow write some API which wil generate the diagr=
am connecting the components which i want to at run time,without using visio. i.e. ca=
n i write XML tags specified by XML schema of visio? is it posssible to diagrams outsid=
e visio using XML schema of visio?
I tried to look at the XML tags created for very simple diagram,but its too big code. Ev=
en only for the 2 component connecting each other,visio generates lots of lines of co=
de(i mean few thousands of LOC),so is it realy possible for me to write such tags outsi=
de visio?
waiting for ur valueable reply.

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/11271194.aspx
You can use any XML DOM to generate XML that can be read by Visio.  You
don't have to write out every tag, because Visio will fill in whatever you
omit with default values.  As Chris Roth points out in his talk, you can
reduce the amount of XML you must code for if you create a Visio template to
serve as a starting point.  Then you just need to add Shape elements and
specify the connections.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio
Microsoft Corporation

"Narendra Wagh" <narendra.wagh@yagnaiq.com> wrote in message
hey mark,
thanx 4 ur reply.
I really didnt understand how to manually create XML file which i'l be
renaming to .vdx & then i'l be viewing my drawing in visio. Is it possible?
[...]

XmlSchema.Read not creating the SOM
I'm using the following code to create an XmlSchema from an XSD file. The Read() method doesn't throw any errors and after I write the schema to a file, it looks as expected However, after the Read() method is called, m_Schema still contains no items What am I doing wrong? My .xsd file validates fine in XMLSpy // Code follow System.Xml.XmlTextReader m_XMLReader = new System.Xml.XmlTextReader(m_SchemaLocation) System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema m_Schema = System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema.Read(m_XMLReader, null) System.Xml.XmlTextWriter m_Writer = new System.Xml.XmlTextWriter("schema.xsd&qu...

No blank lines in text files #2
When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empty row in the new spreadsheet. Now all non-blank rows are jambed together in one column! How do I get Excell2003 to opoen Comma Delimitted files properly (including empty lines?) Oops, managed to send the same question twice! How can one delete a subject? "Charlie Gotwald" wrote: > When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In > Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empt...

Creating font groups
Some of my font families appear as single entries in the drop down font list in applications, then you can select the style (Regular/Bold/Italic/Demi-bold etc etc) from the style drop-down list. With other families, each style appears as a separate font in the font list. This means that my font list is becoming unmanageable - especially as some families have ten or more styles. How do I group font families so that they appear as only one entry in the font list? If working with fonts is youre desire,try this link: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/FreeToolsOverview.mspx ...

Error when opening .csv files
Hi Whenever I try to open up a .csv file in Excel (2000) by either double clicking on the file or use the "Open"-menu it opens up the document without separating the columns at the comma. Everything goes into the first column. If I rename the file to become a .txt-file and then open it up in Excel it works just fine as long as I change the separator to a comma sign. What could be wrong? Regards Wayne I'm guessing that the list separator in the file is different from the list separator inside your windows setting. You could either continue doing what you're doing or...

Convert PNG file to Bitmap without a DC?
I'd like to store images resources as PNGs due to the compression over bitmps. To load such a resource and get it converted to a bitmap for the eventual Blit to my screen DC, I basically want the equivalent of LoadBitmap. Better yet, I was thinking I would create a CBitmap derived class "CPNGImage" that would have a "LoadPNGResource" method much like CBitmap's LoadBitmap method. So far so good. The stumbling block for me at this point is that the process of converting the PNG to a bitmap seems to require a DC compatible with my device. This is neatly enc...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

CREATING A DL GREETING CARD
I am trying to creat a new template in Publisher to create at DL Greeting Card i.e. a A4 Page folded twice horizontally - 1/3 A4 page but i am not sure how to do this. The size of the card would be 110x220mm. Can someone please please help as i am trying to make my wedding invitations!! You didn't say which version of Publisher you have but here's what works for Publisher 2000 and may get you through the chore. File, Print Setup Verify the printer shows A4 paper. Next; File Page Setup Special Fold "Choose a Special Fold" = Side-Fold Card OK Publisher will ask you ...

can't open file #2
I created an excel workbook with some mathematical formulas in Excel 2000, Windows XP. I used only one sheet, the top two rows contained some text, and the next row contained formulas which were dragged down to produce data. The topmost row containing text had some merged cells, and a border drawn around each resulting cell. I saved the file, but when I tried to open the file after a few days, it doesn't open. When I double click the file, excel opens, as if it does while opening a normal file, but then nothing happens and I get a blank excel screen (i.e. the same screen which can be ob...

access file to exe file
Hi, good day! May i know the procedures on how to make access file to an executable file. I read a lot of Access books from 97 to XP versions but i was not able to find any. thank you very much and anticipating your response. Anthony > May i know the procedures on how to make access file to an > executable file. I read a lot of Access books from 97 to > XP versions but i was not able to find any. I tried a number of converters to translate Access into Visual Basic, all with limited success. Even when I was able to get a form working it required as much time to tweek it a...

Saving files when closing Excel
Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after changes to the file have been done. Hi have you checked that there's no event macro in your file? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathan Gold wrote: > Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after > changes to the file have been done. ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Create Batch file for laptops to copy templates
Hi Everyone, I am new to batch file programming and need an expert help to find out something. I want to create a batch file that runs at login and compares a local copy of the templates to what we have on the network. We have templates on a mapped network drive in h:\clients\templates, and on the laptop in c:\apps\data\clients\templates. When the laptop is offline it substitutes c:\apps\data to appear as h: drive, that way the files appear to be in h:\clients\templates. Here’s the basic steps what I need the batch file for: 1. first it checks to see if the computer is on th...

Re-Enable CRM User

Excel Icon for files
I am running Windows 2000 professional on my PC and connected to a LAN. I am running the MS office 2000 Professional suite. When, I save a worksheet from Exel 2000 it does not save the file with the common Excel file Icon(green X). The file is displayed with the default Windows Flag Icon. When I double click on this default Windows Flag Icon the system tries to open the file with Word not Excel. Word and PowerPoint both save with their common Icons. The Excel program saved fine a couple of weeks ago. I have not installed any new software and our server takes care of Virus protection thro...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

How do i change my file from a 2003 office doument to a 2000 docu.
i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody help?? File, save as, files of type, expand the menu to Publisher 2000. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E89A2FF9-20DD-4568-980F-73162AE7AB8A@microsoft.com... >i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to > figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody he...

Word Template created in Word 2008 (mac) won't save on Word 2007 (vista)

Re: exmerge error

Register a file extension
I would like to allow my users to register my apps file extension from within the app. I have managed to register the extension but the description isn't being shown in explorer on xp or 7, I can not also get the icon to display. Below is the code I found on the internet: Private Declare Function RegCreateKey Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "RegCreateKeyA" (ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal lpSubKey As String, phkResult As Long) As Long Private Declare Function RegSetValue Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "RegSetValueA" (ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal lpSubKey ...

How do I create a chart with 6 bars for data and 1 total line
I have 6 products that I have created a bar chart for showing total units sold for 5 years. I want to add a line (just one) that shows the total units sold for the entire product category over the same time period to the same chart. I tried combination chart but it changes 1/2 the product to line and keeps 1/2 of them bars... Hi, Create a column chart for all the data and then select the series you want to plot as a line. Change the chart type for this series. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "ddavis13" <ddavis13@discussions.mic...

Permissions to Create Exchange Account
We have two AD domains (one is for our company and the other is for our sister company) in our Windows 2003 Forest. Our Exchange 2003 site resides in our domain called NET. Our sister company's domain is called SIS. We have most of the IT support here at our company and our sister company is somewhat technically challenged. How can we prevent our sister company's SIS\Administrator from being able to create mailboxes for their users. We don't care if they create their own user accounts but when a mailbox is to be created we need to be the ones to do it. Any ideas on how to re...

How do I set up another pst file with password ie Have a general .
I am running Outlook 2000, I wish to have a general folder for all to access, and then my own personal folder, passworded....Is it possible??? Please help!!! Thanks What I would do is the following: Go to Tools > Services > Add > Personal Folders. Then select location for the PST on your hard disk and set a password for it. This procedure should be followed, if the other users are using the same Windows logon to access this mailbox. Alternatively you can choose to Delegate access to only one folder to the users you need. To do this go to Tools > Options > Delegates to give...