Question about diagram in HTML-format

Hi all. I'm using Visio 2002 prof.  I've got the following trouble. I'd like
to get an HTML-reflection of my diagrams. On the analogy of Rational Rose I
expected to see that a click on a use-case (package and other objects with a
diagrams inside) couses jump to an embedded diagram. So I don't see anything
similar in Visio. Also I embarrassed by an empty properties brouser in the
left of my diagrams in HTML. Is it possible to get what I want from Visio?

0
ZAndrews (6)
9/22/2003 6:40:22 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

have you investigated hyperlinks to allow you to move
between pages of the diagram?? They are referenced in the
available on-line help.
al

0
edlund1 (616)
9/22/2003 9:15:45 PM
As al said, the Hyperlink functionality should enable the jumping to other
diagrams.
Also, the empty properties panel on the left side can be removed by editing
the HTML file or through the Publish dialog under File \ Save as Web page in
Visio 2002

Thanks

--
-ronnie
[MS]

"al" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> have you investigated hyperlinks to allow you to move
> between pages of the diagram?? They are referenced in the
> available on-line help.
> al

0
asdf5464 (91)
9/23/2003 6:05:20 PM
Ok, thank you. About properties panel - it is empty all the time in my case.
I'd like to see at least a documentation property at this panel. Is there
any approach to see an ordirary properties (not custom) there? Thank you in
advance.

> As al said, the Hyperlink functionality should enable the jumping to other
> diagrams.
> Also, the empty properties panel on the left side can be removed by
editing
> the HTML file or through the Publish dialog under File \ Save as Web page
in
> Visio 2002

0
ZAndrews (6)
9/23/2003 7:58:06 PM
I think the left side panel only shows Custom properties.

However, since it is simple HTML, you can probably put whatever you want in
there by changing the script.
To get other properties like Width and Height of a shape, it would probably
be necessary to parse the XML from the XML file and place the values in a
format that you want.

--
-ronnie
[MS]

"Andrew G. Derenchenko" <ZAndrews@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Ok, thank you. About properties panel - it is empty all the time in my
case.
> I'd like to see at least a documentation property at this panel. Is there
> any approach to see an ordirary properties (not custom) there? Thank you
in
> advance.
>
> > As al said, the Hyperlink functionality should enable the jumping to
other
> > diagrams.
> > Also, the empty properties panel on the left side can be removed by
> editing
> > the HTML file or through the Publish dialog under File \ Save as Web
page
> in
> > Visio 2002

0
asdf5464 (91)
9/23/2003 8:45:00 PM
> I think the left side panel only shows Custom properties.

It seems like you're right. Hm.. it's not so good - I'd like to show the
value of "documentation" property of each object.

> However, since it is simple HTML, you can probably put whatever you want
in
> there by changing the script.
> To get other properties like Width and Height of a shape, it would
probably
> be necessary to parse the XML from the XML file and place the values in a
> format that you want.

Yes, but I still hope to find an existing solution. For example - is there
any reporting tools (I know there is at least one for Rational Rose -
automatic reporting tool) for Visio?

0
ZAndrews (6)

how can i use cond formating to colour an entire column?
I have used conditional formating to highlight a cell in my table, but I would like the entire column to be highlighted. e.g Table has NAME TARGET ACTUAL PERCENT TO TARGET MR O 450 300 66.6% I can highlight Cell D2 (percent to target) using cond format, but can i make the entire colum change colour? >can i make the entire colum change colour? Sure, based on what condition? An entire column can span as many as 1,048,576 rows depending on which version of Excel you're using. Are you *sure* you want to format the *entire column* ? -- Biff...

Backup question

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

csv format changes numbers
I need to save my file in a csv format. When the file is reopenned, some of the numbers are in a date format and others are in exponential format. How can I format the number to keep the numbers from changing format. I have tried various formats before savint the file. In this instance, the numbers represent part numbers and the file is being imported into my business software to update pricing. -- Bob If you are re-opening in Excel, the behaviour you describe is typical. Have you tried opening the *.csv file in Notepad or similar application? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 M...

Question

OWA Question #16

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

ROWCOUNT question

Pivot Table formatting #2
I have a pivot table where I can left click on the fields such as Customer or Sum of Quantity and it highlights all of the cells in that fields row or column in a reverse video and then I can format that data and everything is great. I am working with someone over the phone that when they click on the field, it does not highlight the associated data cells and therefore they can not format the data and save those formats for when they change the pivot table. Any ideas why this might be? We are both using Excel 97. Thanks, Steve To turn on the Enable Selection feature: From the Pivot to...

Exmerge Question #7

How do I keep excel chart "data table" formats in several workbook
I have 1 workbook with the source data that creates serveral charts. The charts have been formated to show "data tables" containing both dollars and percents. I want to take the graphs and split up to various excel workbooks. When I copy the graph tab from the source file into the new workbook, I lose the formatting on the "data tables." Is there a way to copy the graphs to new workbooks while retaining the "data table" formats? I would prefer to not have to maintain the source data within each of the workbooks. The goal is to update the source file wh...

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...