printing problems #2

When some of my coworkers print timelines, the arrows show up but notthe
text of the milestones. We use different kinds of printers or print to
Adobe. Has anybody else seen this? What's the fix.

0
sb6633 (5)
11/3/2003 5:21:41 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What version of Visio?  Are all service packs installed?  What operating
system(s)?  Which printers are successful and which ones are not?  Are all
printer drivers up to date?

Randall Arnold

"Sherrie" <sb6633@sbc.com> wrote in message
> When some of my coworkers print timelines, the arrows show up but notthe
> text of the milestones. We use different kinds of printers or print to
> Adobe. Has anybody else seen this? What's the fix.

0
rarnold (162)
11/3/2003 6:23:30 PM
This is due to the fact that Visio 2002 and later uses GDI+ technology
rather than the old GDI APIs.  Unfortunately, not all printer drivers have
been updated to support GDI+ -- especially PostScript drivers.

For your PostScript printers, you may install a PCL equivalent driver for
the same port or address.  Some, more modern drivers allow you to configure
a print job to use PCL.  Otherwise you may print to file using the PCL
version of the printer driver, then copy the file to the printer port.
Unfortunately, that is combersome -- you may be better off attempting to get
updated PostScript drivers.

For converting to Acrobat PDF, again, you may print to file using an updated
PostScript driver (preferably 600 dpi) or you may save the page to *.ps
format.  Once the file is saved, you may use Adobe Distiller to convert the
file.

I know this is a great deal of work; however, the next Version of Acrobat
will address this.

In the meantime, there is one more workaround.  You may select all of the
shapes on the page (ctrl + a) then change the font to "Arial Unicode MS".
You may repeat this for each page.  For some reason, most PostScript drivers
have not problems with the GDIPLUS!DrawString command with ths font.

"Randall Arnold" <rarnold@kmalp.com_> wrote in message
> What version of Visio?  Are all service packs installed?  What operating
> system(s)?  Which printers are successful and which ones are not?  Are all
> printer drivers up to date?
>
> Randall Arnold
>
> "Sherrie" <sb6633@sbc.com> wrote in message
> > When some of my coworkers print timelines, the arrows show up but notthe
> > text of the milestones. We use different kinds of printers or print to
> > Adobe. Has anybody else seen this? What's the fix.

0
Frank_Tag (3)

Fix #2
Hi! The word, *FIX* is always present in my Excel Status Bar (lower, right-hand corner of the screen). What message, is this conveying? Do I need to take corrective action? If so, what corrective action? Regards, Mick. -- mick2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mick2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24143 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378337 It means that your workbook is set to always set the decimal point at a certain place when you enter a number (typically 2)....

2 calendars
Can I have 2 separate calendars in outlook 2002? If so, how? If not, how come? It's as simple as File | New | Folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "dbaca21" <dbaca21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67b001c47579$586f2c70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I have 2 separate calendars in outlook 2002? If so, > how? If not, how come? Thank You! >-----Original Message----- >It's as simple as Fi...

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

Outlook sending problem
How can I resolve this problem: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <xxxsrv1.xxx.int #4.4.7> ...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

sumproduct .. validating 2 criterias (multiple tabs)
hi guys, i am trying to add additional functionality to my Project Budget Expendature worksheet of which some of you may have seen. anyways, the idea is to have sumproduct calculate all items that have the same GL code & date of which it was purchased (date of purchase) currently i have the following TAB: Spend Calendar ROW C8:N8 = Month #'s (Jan, feb ect) COL B13:B36 = GL Codes (130000,190000 ect) TAB: 001-013 (13 tabs) CELL C6 = Date of Purchase COL C24:C37 = GL Codes of each item within the purchase COL J24:J37 = Total cost of the item which the GL Code is related to can someon...

TCP/IP printing

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Conditioal formatting problem
I have a column with conditional formatting applied. Say I'm formatting cell E4. The column shows the number within a processing cycle which need warning traffic lights when certain days are reached so far I have set up: Condition 1 shows orange if the cell value is between 9 and 11. Condition 2 shows red if the cell value is greater than or equal to 12. My problem is that I need a 3rd condition to grey out cell E4 if a date is entered into cell G4. I've tried all sorts but the formatting will not work. Firstly can someone suggest a formula for condition 3. Secondly do I actua...

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

MS Money and 2 PC's...
What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a time) But I keep my records up to date from work (laptop) and then work from my desktop PC when at home. Any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16EF1DE6-1D33-40B7-A168-8B740052030A@microsoft.com... > What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a > laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a > time) > But I keep my ...

Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.
I am italian, but I haven't received no response in italian newsgroup... I have the following computer: OS: Win XPpro Corporate x64Bit CPU: Core2Quad Q9650 RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 4GB CL6 HDD: CaviarBlue 500GB WD x3 VGA: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 512MB I installed various graphics programs such 3DSMAX9 x32 and x64Bit Maya 2010 Entire suite Adobe CS4 Master Collection Nero Reloaded 9 Office etc. ... A few days I have bought online in more than 2 memory modules (for achieve the 8GB total) identical to the DDR2 memory that I had and namely: 2GB Module 1...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problem in online transactions
I am still getting the OFXHTTP400 error on T Rowe Price accounts. It gets the pricing information but no additional transactions. I suspect this is a corrupted file. I ran a cleanup and it 18 transactions, none of them TRP but I know the records are intermingled... I have tried this on Money 2004 and Money 2006 on separate computers. Both exhibit the same behavior. I am really starting to get to my wits end - this software is far from the reliable type one needs for perosnal finances. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks ...

Problems with printing

Big Problem
Please solve my problem or give required help for me. ...

Outlook XP/Exchange 5.5 (scheduling / reminder problems)
First problem: All resources (owned by different users but with each with standard configurations) have Auto Accept and Refuse if conflict options actived in calendar. Some resources work OK, some will not Auto Accept and some Auto Accept even if there is a conflict. Any ideas on how to fix this? Second problem: Although all calendar reminder options are activated, some people do not receive them. How about ideas on this one? Thank you for all and any suggestions you may have! Send reponse to donna.brich@brp.com please. ...