Printing custom properties

Hi,

I'm usign  Visio 2003. When I use a server stencil, you can add several
custom properties like serial number, manufacturer, memory, etc. Is there a
way to print this information?

0
thierry (1)
1/29/2004 6:48:44 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm not near my v2003 machine, but on v2002 you would go to tools => reports
=> shape report and follow the menus.
al
"thierry" <thierry@microcomputing.Be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm usign  Visio 2003. When I use a server stencil, you can add several
> custom properties like serial number, manufacturer, memory, etc. Is there
> way to print this information?

0
edlund1 (616)
1/29/2004 7:05:07 PM
Some ideas...

If you want to print the custom properties out in a list, try the property
reporter feature (Tools>Reports). It will generate a report listing all the
shapes in the drawing and their custom properties. You can have it put the
report in a table on the drawing page, in an Excel file, an HTML file, or an
XML file.

If you want to show the custom property data in a callout next to each
shape, use one of the custom callouts on the Callouts stencil
(File>Shapes>Visio Extras>Callouts). They are Custom Callout 1, 2, and 3 at
the bottom of the Callouts stencil. If you drag out one of these to the page
and then drag out the connector from the control handle (the yellow diamond)
in the center of the callout to the network shape, it will bring up a dialog
box that lets you specify the properties to show in the callout.

--
Tim Davenport
Microsoft Corporation

"thierry" <thierry@microcomputing.Be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm usign  Visio 2003. When I use a server stencil, you can add several
> custom properties like serial number, manufacturer, memory, etc. Is there
> way to print this information?

0
timda (19)
1/29/2004 8:32:04 PM
tim,
nice to know,
al
"Tim Davenport [MSFT]" <timda@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some ideas...
>
> If you want to print the custom properties out in a list, try the property
> reporter feature (Tools>Reports). It will generate a report listing all
the
> shapes in the drawing and their custom properties. You can have it put the
> report in a table on the drawing page, in an Excel file, an HTML file, or
an
> XML file.
>
> If you want to show the custom property data in a callout next to each
> shape, use one of the custom callouts on the Callouts stencil
> (File>Shapes>Visio Extras>Callouts). They are Custom Callout 1, 2, and 3
at
> the bottom of the Callouts stencil. If you drag out one of these to the
page
> and then drag out the connector from the control handle (the yellow
diamond)
> in the center of the callout to the network shape, it will bring up a
dialog
> box that lets you specify the properties to show in the callout.
>
> --
> Tim Davenport
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

> "thierry" <thierry@microcomputing.Be> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm usign  Visio 2003. When I use a server stencil, you can add several
> > custom properties like serial number, manufacturer, memory, etc. Is
there
> > way to print this information?

0
edlund1 (616)

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

Role: Business Management
Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the role management area refers to? I can't find this out anywhere! Thanks! Kristina, I believe this controls whether or not you can make schema changes. Matt "Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in message news:u%23ycc3WmDHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the role management area refers to? I can't find this out anywhere! Thanks! ...

TCP/IP printing

Custom Installation Wizard
Hello All Can someone tell me if I can do the follwing in one job using the Office 2003 Custom Installation Wizard: - Remove an existing copy of Outlook be it 97, 2000 or 2002 - Install and customise the latest version of Outlook 2003 with a profile Thanks AJ Yes, that's exactly the kind of job that the CIW is for.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jum...

Printing booklet

UserForm
Greetings, This is quite complex to explain but here goes, below is a mock up of my user form:- Label Title <Value> *Populated from result of combo box1 Combo Box 1 <Value select> Text Box <Value = 'Todays date"> *Populated from result of combo box1 Combo Box 2 <Value select> The form is launched and ONLY Combo Box 1 is set to visible (others on intilisation of form have visible set to FALSE) The user selects a value in Combo box 1 and label and text box are populated and Combo box 1 is then set to disabled (ENABLED = FALSE). The user can either c...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Saving a Customized Form Times Out
When we try to customize a form and save it, it hangs for awhile, then we get a "this page can not be displayed" error. However, it appears that the customizations made to the form still get saved. It only happens when we try to save changes to a form. Has anyone had this problem before? Any information will be extremely appreciated! Thanks, Dusty ...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Combobox linked to Custom Views
Hello, I have trouble with linking combobox selection to the custom views I've created. Please help! In advance, thank you. I created an ActiveX control combobox and have teh following code: Dim bgCmbox As ComboBox Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() 'With Worksheets(1) Dim bgCmbox As ComboBox bgCmbox.AddItem " ", 1 bgCmbox.AddItem "(All)", 2 bgCmbox.AddItem "A", 3 bgCmbox.AddItem "B", 4 bgCmbox.AddItem "C", 5 bgCmbox.AddItem "D", 6 bgCmbox.AddItem "E", 7 bgCmbox.A...

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...