PK and FK Displayed

I am a complete Visio newbie, and cannot find the answer I need in books or
online help.

I am trying to create ER diagrams from scratch, and not connected to real
tables, using VEA. I have added tables ('Entities') to the form, connected
them with a Relationship connector, and, in the Database Properties window
I've assigned the end points to a Primary Key on the left and a Foreign Key
on the right. But the model shows the connector as running between the top
colums on both sides, whereas I want the keys to be in that upper box and
provide the connector's end points. What am I missing?

--
John Weinshel
Datagrace

0
john77 (1)
4/18/2006 8:38:20 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The Relationship lines connected between tables do not point directly at the
primary key or foriegn key.  You can set these on the Relationship connector,
if you didn't have the auto-settings on during the connection event.

"Datagrace" wrote:

> I am a complete Visio newbie, and cannot find the answer I need in books or
> online help.
>
> I am trying to create ER diagrams from scratch, and not connected to real
> tables, using VEA. I have added tables ('Entities') to the form, connected
> them with a Relationship connector, and, in the Database Properties window
> I've assigned the end points to a Primary Key on the left and a Foreign Key
> on the right. But the model shows the connector as running between the top
> colums on both sides, whereas I want the keys to be in that upper box and
> provide the connector's end points. What am I missing?
>
> --
> John Weinshel
> Datagrace
> Vashon Island, WA
> (206) 463-1634
> Associate Member, Filemaker Solutions Alliance
> Certified for Filemaker

Display Scroll bars
What is the best way to assure that when an Excel workbook is open it fills the entire screen, regardless of the user's display specs, and that both the horizontal and vertical scrollbars display. I've tried: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .DisplayFullScreen = True .DisplayScrollBars = True .DisplayStatusBar = True End With End Sub And I've also tried: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.DisplayFullScreen = True ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True End Sub The problem is the horizotal scrollbar does not appear. Ironically after ...

Modify OWA GAL display
I will be customizing the fields that are returned when users view contacts (from the GAL) in the outlook address book. Is there also a way to modify the fields returned when user searches the GAL from OWA? i.e. display middleName with the results. Can it be done in both the rich version and the light (non-IE) version? How? Exchange 2k3 running on win2k3. Thanks ...

remote display
I would like to use projectors connected to networked computers to remotely display the data from an excel spreadsheet. The operator of the spreadsheet will be entering numbers in the cells that represent the wrestling matches coming up on the mats. We would like the fans and competitors to then see the schedule on the projected screens. Is this possible? In real time? Ken Dies Ohio Youth Wrestling -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com ...

Inserted Picture Not Display
Hi, I have inserted a picture onto sheet1, but it wasnt displayed, only eight handles can be seen. The inserted picture will display only after I move it, but then when I switch to another sheet and come back to it later, it disappeared again. Please help me! I am using Excel 2003...My OS is XP Pro. -- Love to be here ...

how to display two spread sheets side by side
How do I display two spread sheets side by side? So that I can read from one and edit the other spread sheet, at the same time? Thank you. Andrea After you opened the spreadsheets you want to view, Try Window>Arrange>Vertical Mike Rogers "Andrea Gates" wrote: > How do I display two spread sheets side by side? > So that I can read from one and edit the other spread sheet, at the same > time? > > Thank you. > > The best way, if you can manage it, is to use multiple monitors. Personally, I can hardly get along anymore with less than two. Va...

displaying the Day from a date
I have a field on my form that displays a date like 2nd April 2007 is there a way to display the day as well eg Monday 2nd April 2007 Thanks very much SImon Set the Format property of the text box to: Long Date That should show the day and date (depending on how you have Long Date defined in the Windows Control Panel, under Regional Settings.) You can also show the day in another text box with the Format property set to: dddd -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allen...

Change transation display period
Is there anyway to change the transaction display period for credit cards? In account register, I would like to see the transations for the last 60 days instead of 30 days. Is there anyway to change it? Thanks, Winnie In microsoft.public.money, Winnie wrote: >Is there anyway to change the transaction display period for credit cards? > >In account register, I would like to see the transations for the last 60 >days instead of 30 days. Is there anyway to change it? I am not sure this is the answer to the question you are asking: at the top of the register click View. Then, All ...

Euro Display Not working in Form
I have an Access 2003 Client linked to a SQL Server DB (2005). When I change a text box to format as Euro it never displays as Euro, only the number. I've tried Currency Type in SQL Server, Decimal, Numeric, etc.. What Am I doing wrongly? ...

Pie Chart display
The attached sheet is extracted from a workbook of many things that I find helpful which I save as I learn. However, when I extract this sheet the Chart numbers changed, meaning that the pie and doughnut no longer display correctly. To 'use' the .FirstSliceAngle (in the 'Spin Chase' button) it appears to need the chart to be activated, producing the 'selected' look which I was able to avoid in the other displays by activating a hidden chart in the R column. Other display problems were avoided by using a white font hidden behind other charts for processing (to prevent ...

Trigger that acts on either the NEW pk or the existing pk
Hello folks, I have not posted for a while, I hope this group is as good as it used to be. I want to write a trigger that performs an insert or update or delete on another table. The trigger would fire on insert, update, or delete. The table has a pk field called idx. So after the sql statement is completed, the trigger needs to be able to get the pk (value) that was just added, updated, or deleted. Assume I have a table of idx (pk), num (int (not unique)), Fruit (char20) I need the trigger to get the idx...then i will get the num,,,then I will create a cursor that "...

Concatinating one PK from one tbl & autonumber for a PK in a 2nd t
I have many tables based on two fields in two different tables. Rather than have both PKs in every table, I would like to have a PK from one table (tblStyle SK (StyleKey) 1...50) be in combination with an autonumber giving me a unique ID based on the two so that it looks like this: tblDesign Primary Key = (SK)37+autonumber = 37405 If this is possible in Access, would you please explain how I would go about doing this? Thank you What's the matter with having two separate fields? That's the way it should be done. What you're proposing would actually be a violation of database no...

Need to display Amount in Words in Access Report
Hi, Please any body help me in this matter. I need to display amount in words in Access report like 1500SAR in report it should display as (One Thousand five hundred riyal Only) . Thanks See: Convert Currency ($500) into words (Five Hundred Dollars) at: http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "nome" <snomes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8fb45f17-ce0b-48ca-a69d-b60391e5b402@e60g2000hsh....

Difference From displays #N/A
I have added the same field twice to a pivot table. On Field Properties for the second copy of the field I set it to display as Difference From and picked the Base Field and Previous... but it only displays #N/A. Other display as settings work fine (e.g. % of row) but not this one. I am using Excel 2003 on Win XP ...

displaying Query results to subform
First--the disclaimer--I am in no way a programmer, but I am working diligently to support my team in any way possible. With that said, I have painstakingly created a simple build SQL string code in Access Visual Basic Editor: Private Sub Command8_Click() Dim SQL As String SQL = "SELECT * " & _ "FROM [BCSG_CARDFILE] " & _ "WHERE ((([BCSG_CARDFILE].[IMPORT_FILENAME]) Between " & _ """" & _ Forms![BCSG_CARDFILE_SEARCH]!cboDateFrom.Value & _ """" & _ " And &quo...

How do I display the "Adjusted Balance" for an account?
I was looking at the walkthrough on the Microsoft site and noticed that there is an Account Summary part on the top right of the Account Register. How do I turn it on? I've downloaded the demo but can't seem to find this functionality anywhere. Thanks for the help, Tom P. In microsoft.public.money, Tom Padilla wrote: >I was looking at the walkthrough on the Microsoft site and noticed that >there is an Account Summary part on the top right of the Account Register. > >How do I turn it on? I've downloaded the demo but can't seem to find this >functional...

Stop displaying a line

Formulas are displayed, results are not

PK and FK Displayed

Display or not display series

Display empty cells
Hi, I have a rather vexing, though small, problem with Excel. I'm creating worksheets that deal with museum specimens, and the cells in these sheets tend to contain either a lot of information or none at all. My problem: I want to be able to see the blank cells when I'm viewing the sheet, and the cells with text in them automatically obscure the blank cells. In my case, being able to see which cells are blank is almost as important as seeing the cells containing data. (I know that putting a "space" in the cell will cause it to display a blank cell, but we don'...

Excel displays serial dates, can't change
We have a workbook that's been used for a long time with no poblems. It references some other documents on the network for its formulas. Someone opened it today and now it all the dates are displayed at serial numbers. No amount of manual formatting seems to return them to human readable dates. Could this be related to going back and forth between versions of Excel? It's also possible someone took this home (off the network) on their laptop. Any ideas/input appreciated. I'm not a frequent Excel user, and I have no idea where to go with this one... Just taking a copy of the f...

Display Order
Hello All, I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Pro. My current view is sorted by "File As" and default file as is "Last Name, First Name". The problem I am having is the Contacts are displayed in an inconsistent manner. For example, all of the contacts display as Last name, First name in the current view, but some of the contacts when opened will display First Name Last Name while others will display Last Name First Name (no comma). At first I thought I had miss-keyed the first and last name, but when I click the "Fullname.." the names are in the correct...