pasting enhanced metafile into Visio 2003 doesn't work, but does in Visio 2000!

Hi

I am using an application that generates enhanced metafiles. Pasting
them into Visio 2000 works fine. Pasting into Visio 2003 gives the
error message 'error (905) the metafile is poorly constructed'.

What's the difference between the two versions, metafile-wise? Do you
think Visio 2003 is 'stricter' and that Visio 2000 was accepting
non-properly constructed files?!

Bit confused - grateful for any pointers.

Emma Middlebrook
emma_middlebrook@fastmail.fm

0
cccrider (1)
6/20/2005 1:13:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've never seen that error before.  The big difference between the two
versions is that Visio 2002 and 2003 use the GDI+ rendering technology in
Windows.  Visio 2000 uses the older GDI technology.  It's likely that the
error message is coming from Windows and being shown by Visio.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

<cccrider@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am using an application that generates enhanced metafiles. Pasting
> them into Visio 2000 works fine. Pasting into Visio 2003 gives the
> error message 'error (905) the metafile is poorly constructed'.
>
> What's the difference between the two versions, metafile-wise? Do you
> think Visio 2003 is 'stricter' and that Visio 2000 was accepting
> non-properly constructed files?!
>
> Bit confused - grateful for any pointers.
>
> Emma Middlebrook
> emma_middlebrook@fastmail.fm

0
marknel (439)

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Outlook 2003 contact limit
Hi I have a excel spred sheet with 1300 contacts in it, i have some problems importing them into Outlook 2003 a lot of the contacts are not imported Is there a limit on how many contacts you can have? or am i doing something wrong Here is what i have done I have exported my contacts to a spread sheet and then added a lot of contacts and then tryed to import it again without success You are far below what the item count limit is. Outlook 97-2002 Personal folders 65,000 items per folder (max file size for pst is 2GB) Personal Folders (unicode) personal folders Unknown limit (artificial lim...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Using Outlook 2003 Lotus Connector
I use Outlook XP and have it configured to use the Lotus Server connector and it works great. Recently I tried to config Outlook 2003 to use the Lotus Connector that is built into Outlook2003 and it fails everytime. Outlook loads but then closes and says the connector failed. Anyone have any ideas? That connector that looks built in is leftover cruft from your Outlook 2002 isntall. Ignore that. You need to wait for the Outlook 2003 connector, which is supposedly in beta now. Until then, IMAP/LDAP is your buddy -- sans calendar, of course. Cheers. Sander wrote: > I use Outlook XP ...

Junk E-mail filter problems in Outlook 2003
The Junk E-mail Options - Safe Senders tab states "E-mail from addresses or domain names on your Safe Senders List will never be treated as junk e-mail. In that list I have (for example) nytdirect@nytimes.com which is the from address for a daily DealBook summary to which I have subscribed. Yet, in an unpredictable pattern, email from this address lands in my Junk E-mail folder. Each time, I click on the "Not Junk" toolbar button and am then informed in a "Mark as Not Junk" dialog box that "This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder." I then...

Exchange 2003 crashing
I have two Exchange 2003 servers in two different offices. On Monday both started reporting errors and shutting down SMTP, IIS and Exchange Routing Service. I can start the services but they quickly shut themselves down. I'm getting events 7031 and 7034. Any ideas? Same Issue... U guys running Symantec Mail Security? "nate weldon" <nateweldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:186D7E0E-F293-4E0B-A10B-989552E28C21@microsoft.com... > Joe, > Having identical problem. Is your server also a DC? Also haven't found > anything on net about th...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 won't open Microsoft Excel Worksheet
Today a company e-mailed me a quotation with the extension: xls I don't have Excel and eventually found Excel Viewer 2003. This took 45 mins to download, and then didn't work. The Excel File Graphic had appeared atop the quotation file - but when clicked on Excel Viewer 2003 opened and just said: cannot open this file type. Any ideas? Would appreciate solution. Running XP SP2 on a Dimension 8250.. Thanks Maybe the sender could forward you a .pdf version of the file. Or you could specify the type of file you can read (MSWord (.doc), .txt). Then the sender could convert the fi...

List Pane issue in Outlook 2003
I've been through several tutorials, and don't even see this issue listed anywhere. I'm sure it's an easy fix, though. When I go to my inbox and have finished with any given email, I want it to LEAVE the inbox, just as it does by default on any other email client I've ever seen. It should either automatically go to a USED folder, or just plain go away if i have deleted it. Instead, Outlook just draws a line through the subject heading to show it's been deleted, or it de-bolds the header if it has already been read. I want Outlook to function like the inter...

Visio and Type1 fonts
Is it possible to configure Visio (2003) to utilize Type 1 and Opentype fonts? Michael, No, unfortunately there is no way to configure Visio 2003 to support PostScript fonts. Visio's text rendering engine is built on GDI+, which does not support PostScript fonts. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Michael Byrnes" <mbyrnes@mailsurf.com.false> wrote in message news:%23dFbfSmsDHA.540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure Visio (2003) to utilize Type 1 and Opentype > fonts? ...

WLM and Office 2003, Windows 7
Since moving over to Windows 7 and WLM, I cannot get the "send to" buttons in Office 2003 to work. I have checked that WLM is set as the default mail handler across windows and Office and even had to add registry entries as per MS instructions (although this was technically for Vista, I think). I want this to revert to it's old functionality, which also enabled sending oof one sheet from a spreadhseet in Excel. Help much appreciated - any suggestions ? I believe that won't work because WLM is not a full MAPI client like Outlook. Save the Excel file, then at...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Import .dbx files into Outlook 2003
I have a backup of an old computer that crashed. I have .dbx files from my old email system on it. I bought a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I am not able to install Outlook Express onto this machine. I get errors during installation. On my new machine, I was able to import he .dbx files into Windows Live Mail and am sucessfully using it for email. However, I would rather use Microsoft Outlook 2003 for email. I have tried a number of things to get the .dbx files to import, and to import directly from Windows Live Mail, but I can't find the right sequence of steps t...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Exchange 2003 INF files...
Im looking for INF files (I am told) that would "harden" my Exchange 2k3 systems..whether it be for OWA FE or BE servers. Where can I find these ? SRP ...

Outlook 2003 email addresses
Several users recently upgraded MS Office from 2000 to 2003. Outlook 2003 works a little different. I have a user saying why do they see the name of the person they are emailing along with the email address. Before in OUt2000, it would only list the persons name. To me it doesn't matter, but to them it does. Is there some way to disable that? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... No, nor is their a need to. The Display name has used a different format in each successive version of Outlook in response to user requests. It has never been of any consequence. ---...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Como definir objetos do VISIO ?
Estou precisando de definir obejtos que estarei usando em meu trabalho através da ferramenta Microsoft Visio, para não ter que refazer trabalho e definir de uma forma padrão todos os meus fluxogramas , e preciso de uma informação clara e objetiva de Vs. Senhoria. Desde já agradeço a atenção! ------=_NextPart_0001_41531187 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi ... If you can express your question about Visio in English, we will be better able to help you find answers! Thanks, Barb Way Product Support - Visio Microsoft C...

Message Rules in Outlook 2003
Despite using Norton Security (ugh!), a friend's computer was damaged by a virus. He sought assistance from a local repairer, who re-formatted the HDD and re-installed Windows XP(SP2) with IE6. The repairer has also reinstalled Office 2003 (from my friend's original disks). There is only one User Account [Alan Surname] on my friend's computer. He uses Outlook 2003 as his default email program. His email service provider is fsnet.co.uk, which has been taken over by Orange. The address of the POP3 mail server is pop.orangehome.co.uk and the adddress of the smtp server is s...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

cant telnet to exchange 2003 mail server on LAN through Port 25.
Hi... Pcs/servers on our LAN cant telnet to our Exchange 2003 server on port 25 BUT the domain controller can and so can the exchange 2003 server to itself. IF I try and telnet to the mail server from our other offices LAN (different IP subnet) connected via a VPN all is ok. doing a netmon capture shows no packets of data being recieved to port 25 from LAN pcs/servers accept the domain controller and itself. running portqry -n MyMailServer -p tcp -e 25 from our domain controller you get the expected output that port 25 is listening etc. doing the same from my windows XP machine...