opening a new document w/ a custom stencil open

I have created a custom stencil for users in my workgroup and saved the
file to a network directory. Currently, to use it we do
FILE>SHAPES>OPEN STENCIL and navigate to the file. I'd like to make
this more transparent.

What I'd like to do is have something where the user does FILE>NEW and
when I get the "Choose New Drawing Type" I'd like to insert my custom
'templates' (not sure if that's the right term in Visio) and when the
user selects one of those it opens the editing window w/ my custom
stencils already loaded. IOW, I want it to work just like one of the
existing drawing types: If I choose to a "Flowchart" drawing type I get
an editing window w/ Flowchart-related stencils already loaded in the
"Shapes" panel.

How can I customize that? TIA

0
sobo (3)
1/31/2005 9:11:44 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can save the drawing as a template thtat includes the stencil

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
"Lighthouse" <sobo@beaconts.com> wrote in message
>I have created a custom stencil for users in my workgroup and saved the
> file to a network directory. Currently, to use it we do
> FILE>SHAPES>OPEN STENCIL and navigate to the file. I'd like to make
> this more transparent.
>
> What I'd like to do is have something where the user does FILE>NEW and
> when I get the "Choose New Drawing Type" I'd like to insert my custom
> 'templates' (not sure if that's the right term in Visio) and when the
> user selects one of those it opens the editing window w/ my custom
> stencils already loaded. IOW, I want it to work just like one of the
> existing drawing types: If I choose to a "Flowchart" drawing type I get
> an editing window w/ Flowchart-related stencils already loaded in the
> "Shapes" panel.
>
> How can I customize that? TIA

0
lancucki (505)

Can a custom checkbox be added to a Scroll Window?
Hello all, I've added a custom checkbox field to GP. I have created the field in a separate table with a one to one relationship per the suggestions of various documents. My problem is now this, I cannot get the checkbox to work in a Scroll Window. I have the checkbox related to the PO Line table and can get it (the checkbox) to work on the PO Line Detail screen, but I really would like it to work on the PO Entry screen with the Scroll Window that contains all the PO Lines. I have added the checkbox onto the Scroll Window but it doesn't seem to work or be possible to fill t...

New Certificate problems
Our scenario We have been running with SBS 2003 for several years and our Certificate is pop3.olddomainname.co.uk (where our old domain name is now changing) For one reason or another, we've never got it qualified to DNS,, and with only 2 of us accessing OWA, we just use https://<external_IP>/exchange and our PDA's could get email OK on the move. Now, we have built a linux box to run the support part of our website, we have a new external domain, so we got support.newdomainname.co.uk added to DNS We need the PDA/iPhone to use SSL so that they and OWA use the 443 po...

Publisher 2000

Disable Customize toolber tabs
Dear All, I want to disable Customize toolbar tabs.see the scren shot i attachment. what is the code to disable the Tabs. please help me... Regards, Amar.. +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Disable Customize toolber tabs.doc |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3934 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- aredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

opening links in outlook

Custom Mailbox Limit Notification
Is there a way to modify and/or create a new notification that Exchange 2000 sends when a mailbox reaches a limit imposed by a policy? Thanks, Sam http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx William "Sam Reyes" <sreyes@alltel.net> wrote in message news:eAy3zEYTEHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to modify and/or create a new notification that Exchange 2000 > sends when a mailbox reaches a limit imposed by a policy? > > Thanks, > Sam > > http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx William "S...

Perpetually new messages
Hello, One of the people I work with has a weird problem. Every time she checks her messages, the ones currently in her inbox show up as new. They appear to be downloaded a second time, and then the duplicates disappear, leaving the new items only. I think that the mailbox may be corrupted because there the mailbox has some extra numbers appended to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Jeff ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Adding a new Interface in MS CRM
Hi, I don't want to use the "Add Lead" form to create a lead. I have developed my own page for this using the MS CRM APIs. But I have to change the linked page of "Leads" link in the left menu ( Sales) and point to my custom page. How can I do this? Thanks, -Jaison Well this is a little different as you will have to recreate the outer shell of CRM. We did this using the ASP.NET controls from Infragistics for one of our clients. Sean "Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message news:OCDt3caaEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Exchange Public Folders W/OUT CLASSIC?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I keep hearing that there is a new version of Mac Office coming out that = will run on OS X and have full native support for Exchange Public folder = use in outlook...Any word on this? --=20 Scott McDonald ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

publisher custom paper size
I am using Publisher 2003 and an HP Photosmart 7660 printer. I am trying to print on precut paper which is 5.5x8.5" I follow the directions for setting up custom paper sizes, but when I am in publisher the custom form does not appear. However, the custom form is set up in the printerand does show up when not in Publisher. Any suggestions? Also is there some sort of work around? Did you select the custom option in the page setup after you setup your printer? If it did not reflect the printer setting... Use your custom page setup in your printer rather than the HP default. You s...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Dealing w/ Star Receipt Printers
I have to install some OPOS on a couple of Star200(?) series printers tomorrow. Anyone have any great suggestions or tricks? I have read alll over the boards the issues people have with the Stars, and I am really not looking forward to this. The documentation is spotty and I have been told that even if I do get it configed properly and everything working w/out issues, it will likely just drop the drivers again almost right away. -- Jocelyn I have to disagree with these statements. We have 2 Star200 printers in use and have not had ANY problems with using them. We have them with the ...

Quick Create for Custom Entities
Hi ALL, Do we have any provision to have Quick Create facility for Custom Entities. We are able to create the same for system entities like Contacts and Accounts. Please let us know if any workaround is available to facilitate the same. Thanks and Regards Vijay Vijay, You can use the following JavaScript code to open the quick create form: var entityTypeCode = 10000; var newRecord = openStdDlg("/_forms/QuickCreateReturn/quickcreate.aspx?crmFormSubmitObjectType=" + entityTypeCode, entityTypeCode, 400, 400); newRecord is null if the user cancels the dialog and a LookupControlI...

How to enable envelope in systray for new mail?
Hi, I'm using MS Outlook 2003 (WinXP). At the beginning, when a new mail arrived envelope appeared in systray, Outlook was minimized to systray too. But, once upon in time, I clicked on this envelope and choosed 'hide', and now, I don't know how to enable it again, It drives me mad, because I don't see when a new mail arrives. Of course there is a alert but it lasts for a few seconds, If i'm not near the computer, I'll not see it. How to enable that envelope for new mails? (unread mails) -- razor Tools->options->email options->advanced email options. ...