Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard

Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again.  Though the db wizard,
I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the
chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the
database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB
wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to.
 I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes
up under the database objects.  Am I or my computer missing something?
Please help!

Thank You.
0
Devin (29)
7/18/2007 5:14:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you defined a name for the region in Excel?

"Devin" <Devin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again.  Though the db
> wizard,
> I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the
> chart back to this original database so that when I change something in
> the
> database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB
> wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect
> to.
> I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing
> showes
> up under the database objects.  Am I or my computer missing something?
> Please help!
>
> Thank You.

0
davidp1 (199)
7/28/2007 8:30:47 PM
Thank you for responding!  You know, when I try to link the data through the
visio add-ons scroll down menu, it says something about defining a table,
which I assumed to be the excel table already in existence (where the chart
came from in the first place!).  However, I cannot, for the life of me,
figure out how to define this table, or region.  How would I do that?

Thank You!

"David Parker" wrote:

> Have you defined a name for the region in Excel?
>
> "Devin" <Devin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again.  Though the db
> > wizard,
> > I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the
> > chart back to this original database so that when I change something in
> > the
> > database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB
> > wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect
> > to.
> > I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing
> > showes
> > up under the database objects.  Am I or my computer missing something?
> > Please help!
> >
> > Thank You.

0
Devin (29)
7/30/2007 1:54:01 PM
Juste select the cells corresponding to you database in excel and create a
name (Excel menu Insert=>Name=>Define).

Regards.
"Devin" <Devin@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Thank you for responding!  You know, when I try to link the data through
> the
> visio add-ons scroll down menu, it says something about defining a table,
> which I assumed to be the excel table already in existence (where the
> chart
> came from in the first place!).  However, I cannot, for the life of me,
> figure out how to define this table, or region.  How would I do that?
>
> Thank You!
>
> "David Parker" wrote:
>

>> Have you defined a name for the region in Excel?
>>
>> "Devin" <Devin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again.  Though the db
>> > wizard,
>> > I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link
>> > the
>> > chart back to this original database so that when I change something in
>> > the
>> > database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB
>> > wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to
>> > connect
>> > to.
>> > I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing
>> > showes
>> > up under the database objects.  Am I or my computer missing something?
>> > Please help!
>> >
>> > Thank You.

0
mich.laplane (167)

Debug build, Release build, and object files
If I have a project that I do a release build on which links .obj files in the debug directory of another project, will the release build .exe still try to reference such files like mfc32d.dll? >If I have a project that I do a release build on which links .obj files in >the debug directory of another project, will the release build .exe still try >to reference such files like mfc32d.dll? If the linked library contains references to the library of mfc32d.dll, yes it will. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks, David. "David Lowndes" wrote: > ...

Music Database for Access 2007
I am using Access 2007 and downloaded the Music Database for Access 2000. Whenever I open access, I get the error "The expression On Move you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find." When I click "ok", the error repeatedly pops up. How do I resolve the error? OR is there a different free music database that works with ACCESS 2007. When apps run fine on one machine and not on another or run fine in one version and not when run under a ...

Excel Database update #2
Hi, Have an excel template that should send data into a excel database. When I run a marco, the database does not automatically update, but if i do it step by step it updates. can anyone help. Tks In advance Antonio hard to say. your information is a little sketchy. Post your code. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Have an excel template that should send data into a excel database. >When I run a marco, the database does not automatically update, >but if i do it step by step it updates. > >can anyone help. > >Tks In advance >Antonio >. > ...

Check names showed green dotted underline
Hi, we have a user that uses Outlook2000 and it seems like each time she tried to send e-mail to a certain user, the automatic check names will displayed the name with a green dotted underline. I did a research and found out it means there is somene else with that name. However, checking all the addr books, there is none. The stange thing is, once she continues to click send, the e-mail will go to someone else with a totally different name. Can someone point me to the right direction to start troubleshooting? TIA. Try clearing the AutoNameCompletion Cache. The KB has instructions. ...

Excel 2007
I'm running into an issue with a range of cells in a spreadsheet where nothing shows up in the cell as I type. I can see the cursor moving to the right to show that I'm typing something, but the value that I'm typing doesn't actually appear in the cell until I hit <Enter>. I'm maintaining a large workbook with lots of formulas and named ranges. It was built by someone who no longer works here, so I'd rather not blow it away and start over. It appears it was built using Excel 2003. I'm now managing the file in Excel 2007. I've been adding records to t...

Show all contacts in subfolders
Is there any way I can make my contacts folder show all the entries for contacts in its subfolders? At the moment all contacts are in category subfolders yet I cannot get a contact list with all my contacts in. Many thanks "Steevo" <geo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message news:bq5kef$2n4$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is there any way I can make my contacts folder show all the entries for > contacts in its subfolders? At the moment all contacts are in category > subfolders yet I cannot get a contact list with all my contacts in. > > Many thanks > > > &g...

The database cannot be opened...
Access 2007, Windows 7 ... When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted." Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked. Uninstalled Access, then re-installed. Now getting ... "Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled". There's nothing there in ...

POS2009 Database Listing (Change Connection)
Hi There, When you choose databases to be used in POS2009 (Change connection button) it lists the databases which can be used. Now if you restore a database using SQL Management Studio, the restored database doesn;t appear. How do i get my database to appear on the POS2009 database list to use on my till. Thanks, Matt ...

Why does a mail show as being replied/forwarded before I send it?
I have noticed that if I click Reply or Forward on a message, that after some time - before the message is sent - the original message appears with the Reply or Forward mark. So even if I cancel the message it appears as though it has been replied or forwarded. This is misleading and especially bad for auditing purposes. I am using MS Office 2007. ...

Grouping Combo Box Doesn't Show All Fields
I have a report bound to a query, but when I attempt to add a grouping level, all the fields in the query are not listed in the combo box. Any ideas? (Using Access 2007) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200802/1 What are the field types of the ones that are not listed? You can't group on a memo field either in a query or in a report. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "boyratchet via AccessMonster.com" <u41080@uwe> wrote in message news:803b26b6e0cdf@uwe... >I have a report bound to a query, but when...

Object displays in reverse
I am using Office XP. I was sent a spreadsheet created in an earlier version of Excel. The spreadsheet includes 2 embedded objects originally created in Word. The first of the 2 objects displays and prints correctly. The second object displays and prints as a mirror image of itself. If I go into edit mode it displays correctly but I can find no way to "reverse" the reverse. If the same file is pulled up in Office 2000 Excel all displays and prints as it should. My fixes and Service packs are up to date. What can I do? Could this be it: OFFXP: Pictures in Earlier Of...

Nothing in my inbox
Hi - When outlook checks for email it appears to go through all the motions and little scrolling envelopes appear in the bottom right of the task bar suggesting something is coming through. However, nothing appears in the inbox, or anywhere else. I have checked all options and setting for all 3 of the email accounts I have and can't find a problem. I have just installed Norton Firewall 2005. It's "event" log suggest email is being received but does not manifest itself anywhere in outlook. I have reviewed all Norton settings but can find nothing odd. I use pop3 email ...

series objects; finding specific ones in the collection
When ever I wish to create a new series, no big deal: Dim SeriesRandTarget As Series Set SeriesRandTarget = myChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries As long as I have the object, I can use it. If I set the name attribute as in SeriesRandTarget .Name = "Hello" I can collect it later if needed by: Set myseries = myChart.SeriesCollection("Hello") But what about this? What is the new series name I just created in the below example? (The macro recorder has me in this fix!) myChart.SeriesCollection.Paste Rowcol:=xlColumns, SeriesLabels:=False, _ ...

.xml database creation
how do i create a .xml database? every time i try it, the data gets all mixed up... ...

I am trying to make a DATABASE of bitmap images...
I got the text field to work right, but the bitmap field keep giving me this message when I try to open it up... The operation on the Bitmap Image object failed. the OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it. what does that MEAN? you should do this in SQL Server 2008 Express, it has this functionality called 'FileStream'. it's incredibly powerful; and it's 10,000 times more efficient than either: a) storing paths in database b) storing Ole Objects in database you can actually still use image-bound controls using Access w...

How do I keep my Inbox to default to Not showing in groups?
What is the default for Outlook 2010 beta to NOT show e-mails in groups? You'll probably want to google around for the MS forum for the Office 2010 beta as it is a beta and not yet widely in use. You'll be able to get an answer faster and it may end up turning into a bug that needs to be fixed. Also, there's probably information on the 2010 Help file on reporting issues. "Don't Show Inbox in Groups" <Don't Show Inbox in Groups@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D88C166B-3CEC-476C-B778-C802DAEA09DA@microsoft.com... > What is...

Chart Wizard in Excel not flexible enough
Why not make Microsoft Graph accessible ffom Excel, for greater flexibility in graphing information than Chart Wizard allows? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=afd628a5-6a36-4c10-ab3f-380de...

Can MSCRM support multiple databases
Test database and Live database using the same application? Is the above method possible? Test system will be use for tesing and demoing purposes but using the same instance of application? Regards, Kyaw Hi Kyaw No it's not possible. You can only specify a single SQL server for MSCRM to look at. Try using a virtual machine, such as Microsoft Virtual PC or VMware. Regards Dan "Kyaw" wrote: > Test database and Live database using the same application? > > Is the above method possible? > > Test system will be use for tesing and demoing purposes but using t...

Bitmaps of CBitmapButton not showing
Greetings, I am trying to use CBitmapButton with four bitmaps but it is not working. The button shows up, but not the bitmaps. When I set the control's style to BS_OWNERDRAW as it has been suggested then the bitmaps still don't show..but also what used to be the button now becomes a flat grey area on the screen. CWnd* parent = CWnd::FromHandle(this->m_hWnd); BOOL success = m_BitmapButton.Create(_T("work!"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW, CRect(0,0,100,100), parent, IDC_PLAYSECTIONBUTTON); success = m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_PLAYSECTION...

Page borders added, the bottom border never shows up.
Hi, I add page borders to my document but when I print preview or print the bottom border is missing, I've tried adjusting margins but that does not seem to help. Any suggestions? See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm -- Regards Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word) DocTools - Denmark www.thedoctools.com Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word "Patrick" wrote: > Hi, > > I add page borders to my document but when I print preview or print the > bottom border is missing, I've tried...

Show Blank is cell value=0 but count as a zero in sum. How to format this cell ?
I some Excel 2003 cells in a columns I have occasionally a value of 0.0 (=zero). I want to format these cells to display blank (not "0.0") if the value is 0. But in the columns sum line ("=SUM(C4:C14)") this cell should be treated as a value of 0. How do I format this cell in Excel 2003? Markus One way 0.0;0.0; Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Markus Obermayer" wrote: > I some Excel 2003 cells in a columns I have occasionally a value of 0.0 (=zero). > I want to format these cells to display blank (not "0.0") if the value is 0. > But in the columns...

How to Show Dropdown Button?
Hi everyone, How to keep dropdown button apparent? If invisible, it wont be clear for someone so he/she can make choices! Thanks, Mike Hi if you mean the data - validation dropdown there's to my knowledge no way to make it stay visible "Michael" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > How to keep dropdown button apparent? If invisible, it wont be clear > for someone so he/she can make choices! > > Thanks, > Mike > When I use Data|Validation, I color the cell so it stands out. You may even want to use an adjacent cell with instructions: =if(a1<>"&q...

Show own controls in third-party app
Hi, in my application I start a third-party application from my program. I want to display some controls (at least a bitmap, which is changed to display status info, if possible a button as well). The input focus should remain by the third-party app. My static control should always be displayed on top. Any idea? If there is a solution would it be possible to display a button on top as well where both the button in his region and the third-party app in the remaining area have input focus. Thanks in advance, Thomas ...

Reuse database
Hi If you install a CRM test environment and give it a lot of data. Is it then possible to reuse the data if you install CRM in a real environment with a different license? So you don't have to do the same thing to times. Thanks /Jakob 1. You can export "data" like the customizations ( new fields, form changes ) into xml and import into your production environment and Microsoft CRM intelligently creates the new fields and changes in production. 2. You do a backup of your 4 databases ( including all your data, customizations ) in test, and reload them into a producti...

Login does nothing at all ?
Hello people, I have a user that launches IE and goes to the correct URL to sign in into CRM 4.0, just like all my other users do. He uses his correct credentials, tries to logon and then nothing happens. That is, he gets the request to log in again. No error message, nothing. Just the screen to sign in again like he just started. This is not a problem with the user itself, but rather with the PC - other users have the same problem on that PC and the application runs fine on other PC's. I know there is something that *does* work, since when I use the wrong credentials, I get an er...