No Symbols exist on the page to display

Hi,
I am new to Visio.
I have created a drawing and wanted to add a legend.
So I created a legend and my symbols appeared as expected.
But I can't add any other symbols.

If I delete my existing legend to start again, and add a new one it says
"No Symbols exist on the page to display"

What have I done?

Thanks
Mark

0
MarkB (26)
5/13/2006 2:59:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you try dropping one of the missing shapes on the legend?

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm

"MarkB" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am new to Visio.
> I have created a drawing and wanted to add a legend.
> So I created a legend and my symbols appeared as expected.
> But I can't add any other symbols.
>
> If I delete my existing legend to start again, and add a new one it says
> "No Symbols exist on the page to display"
>
> What have I done?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

0
lancucki (505)
5/13/2006 3:23:49 PM
HI John,

Thanks for your reply.
Strange thing is, I have left it for a while to watch some soccer and now
come back to it and its working!

Sorry to have bothered you.

Mark

"John Marshall, MVP" wrote:

> Did you try dropping one of the missing shapes on the legend?
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
>
> "MarkB" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am new to Visio.
> > I have created a drawing and wanted to add a legend.
> > So I created a legend and my symbols appeared as expected.
> > But I can't add any other symbols.
> >
> > If I delete my existing legend to start again, and add a new one it says
> > "No Symbols exist on the page to display"
> >
> > What have I done?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark

0
MarkB (26)
5/13/2006 4:56:01 PM
Not me, I went off to read this post, but my lines (network connections)
still don't show on the Legend shape...

"MarkB" wrote:

> HI John,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Strange thing is, I have left it for a while to watch some soccer and now
> come back to it and its working!
>
> Sorry to have bothered you.
>
> Mark
>
> "John Marshall, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Did you try dropping one of the missing shapes on the legend?
> >
> > John...    Visio MVP
> >
> > Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> > Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> > Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> > Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
> >
> > "MarkB" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I am new to Visio.
> > > I have created a drawing and wanted to add a legend.
> > > So I created a legend and my symbols appeared as expected.
> > > But I can't add any other symbols.
> > >
> > > If I delete my existing legend to start again, and add a new one it says
> > > "No Symbols exist on the page to display"
> > >
> > > What have I done?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Mark

0
Acolin_f (6)
7/21/2006 8:43:01 PM
It looks like it only handles 2-d shapes, so it will not handle the 1-d
lines.

"Acolin" <Acolin_f@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not me, I went off to read this post, but my lines (network connections)
> still don't show on the Legend shape...
>
> "MarkB" wrote:
>
>> HI John,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Strange thing is, I have left it for a while to watch some soccer and now
>> come back to it and its working!
>>
>> Sorry to have bothered you.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> "John Marshall, MVP" wrote:
>>
>> > Did you try dropping one of the missing shapes on the legend?
>> >
>> > John...    Visio MVP
>> >
>> > Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
>> > Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
>> > Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
>> > Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
>> >
>> > "MarkB" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
lancucki (505)

Putting symbols automatically
I have a spreadsheet I created with a thousands of number codes. Now I need to put "* to the beginning and *" to end of the code. How can I do this? i.e. 123-23 to "*123-23*" Please help. Thank you. Maybe a helper column: ="*" & a1 & "*" And drag down. Ted S wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet I created with a thousands of number codes. Now I need > to put "* to the beginning and *" to end of the code. How can I do this? > > i.e. > 123-23 to "*123-23*" > > Please help. > > Thank yo...

URGENT
Hi all, I have organisation as a parent entity. In which private notes is a tab. In the tab, using IFRAME, I am opening another custom entity called private custom notes. My requirement is when I create new organisation, It should open as a new private notes. This is working fine using URL like 'userdefined/ edit.aspx?etn=new_customnote'. Problem is when I edit the same organisation, Ideally private notes data should be filled in which I added earlier. I am doing the same with the URL : /userdefined/edit.aspx?id= {E144DEC1-4C06-DF11-87D8-00155D788C23}&_CreateFromType=1&_Cr...

Property does not exist
I am trying to design a custom form for my contacts and have received several times the following error message. "The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item." Most of the times I have received this have been as I have tried to drag a field from the "field chooser" to a page I am designing. Once, I got it as I clicked the page I put all of the new fields on after editing the label on a field on the general tab. Could someone explain what this error message means in these two instnaces? Thank you very much. Just ...

Save to web page
I am running XP Pro with Outlook 2003. When I try to save a calendar to web page, I get an error message that says, "Either the file name or URL you typed is invalid". Why is this happening? I have tried to save to several different files and it still keeps happening. Help please! Jim .. ...

Copy: When filename exists, proceed ask appending some characters
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=11010e93-a7de-4aff-95d4-759c80b7f1be&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

Outlook only shows 1st character of email address, display name and type
Found this oddity on an outlook 2000 client accessing contacts from a public folder. Basically the email address shows up find in the contact window and sending a message to the contact seems fine, but if you look at the address properties then each part (the address, display name and type) each only have one character in them, and it looks like the first character in each case. It might be because the majority of the office use outlook 2002 so maybe the contact is not correctly readable by outlook 2000? That said, if you look at the contacts actualy fields, they appear to be correct....

Debug symbols
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4239F.44908270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I get a lot of messages such as=20 Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ole32.dll', no matching symbolic information = found. Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\oleaut32.dll', no matching symbolic = information found. When I run my application in Debug mode. I read that I may need to = update my Debug files & I downloaded ( all 173MB of it) the symbols from = Microsoft and installed into the WINNT\Sym...

multiple page banner
Does MS Publisher allow to make banners that are 'double' wide. The ONLY thing I can see is the pages can ONLY be put serially. That is wether in portrait or landscape, the pages in the banner join to extend the length. I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double rowed (2 pages wide). BQ Super_BQ <Super_BQ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double > rowed (2 pages wide). You will want to use a custom page size - set the height to the height of two pages min...

delete multiple pages at once
how can I delete multiple pages in one go? Stella <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I delete multiple pages in one go? Hold down the CTRL key while you select the pages you want to delete. When complete, delete. Dear Uncle Grumpy, Actually you can't hold down control and delete multiple pages. Best one can do is to view a two page spread and delete. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:oui983huefhj6tmf4088umas...

can i send e-mail so that when it's opened it displays a web page
I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? Have you tried simply using an HTML mail item? I'm sure these people have opted-in to receive ads from you, correct? "RJCottrell" <RJCottrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B2DB57-7A35-49C8-8C42-38237A4A8A14@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so > that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? RJCottrell <RJCottrell@discussi...

Creating a Lead against existing info...
Guys, Is there a reasonable explanation why it's not possible to create a lead against an existing Account / Contact? It seems like a fundamental flaw to me. As I would like to be able to open an Account / Customer card and see all Leads associated to them... Thanks in advance Ben Hello Ben, Lead in a existing account/contact is usually opportunity. Shai B> Guys, B> Is there a reasonable explanation why it's not possible to create a B> lead against an existing Account / Contact? It seems like a B> fundamental flaw to me. As I would like to be able to open an B>...

Checking if a Table exists
I have a Client Database on a Laptop which has a Macro to link to the Master Database on a server. A table is created in the Client Database only if it can connect to the Master Database. I want the Macro to exit (StopMacro) if the Table doesnt exist or if there is no connection to the Master Database. Is there a Macro command to check if it can connect to the Master Database or if the Table exists (Table only exists while this Macro is running)? Is there a way to get this info in VBA (I hate Macros) There are a number of ways to do this but probably the simplest one is to trap the err...

display text in one cell as a number in an adjacent cell in excel
would love to get an example of the right formula, thanks Perhaps you mean something like this in say, E1: =VLOOKUP(D1,{"Text1",10;"Text2",20;"Text3",30},2,0) If D1 contains: Text2, then E1 returns: 20 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Denno" wrote: > would love to get an example of the right formula, thanks Re: display text in one cell as a number in an adjacent cell in excel ...

Page layout #2
I am working with a basic 81/2 x 11" layout. The left side of the page when printed has a 1/4 inch mrgin and the right has 5/8" margin.... -- David R. Heinz Okay, that's doable. And the question is.............? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "DHeinz" <DHeinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7565B380-9C5E-4200-8A5C-9E7091556150@microsoft.com... >I am working with a basic 81/2 x 11" layout. The left side of the page when > printed has a 1/4 inch mrgin a...

Symbols on the keyboard are not the symbols on the screen....
When I'm in Excel I must be hitting a key combination that creates havoc for me. Everything will be working fine and out of nowhere when I try to choose a symbol using the Shift + any number key....I get some wierd symbol instead of the symbol on the keyboard. In order to stop this I have to close out of Excel completely and come back in and it's fine. Is there Any way I could undo what I did without closing Excel? AND Do you know what I did to cause it to do that? Hi Lisha I had the same problem because I use two different language "French & English"...

The e-mail account does not exist in the organization (But it does exist!!!!)
We are having a problem where a specific exchange account for user "Joe Somebody" can receive e-mail from anybody, and can receive meeting requests from anybody but one particular distribution group Every time a meeting request is sent from anybody to this distribution group (Managers-all) the person that sends the meeting request gets the following error "your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject: xxxx Sent: xxxx The following recipient(s) could not be reached Joe Somebody on 12/31/2003 8:15 A The e-mail account does not exist at the organi...

Loss of page setup
I created a couple of reports in Access 2K and almost once a week I have to go into design view and then page setup to return it to the specs I need to correctly print out the report. If my report is landscape, I find it returns back to portrait. If I setup margins the are set back to default. Why does it keep changing back??? Driving me crazy. Thanks for the help. On Jul 6, 10:36 pm, Diggar <Dig...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a couple of reports in Access 2K and almost once a week I have to > go into design view and then page setup to return it to the spec...

Saving a document with Symbol Font
I have the following scenario. I create a document and type the following sentence: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." I then highlight the sentence and change the font to Symbol (Wingdings and Webdings show the same behavior). I then save the document as a .docx file. I close Word. I then reopen the document and the text looks the same as it did when I saved it. I then highlight the text and change the font back to Calibiri, but instead of getting my original sentence, I get a whole long block of  symbols. I can copy and paste this sentence into W...

Symbol font with standard computer symbols
Can anyone recommend a symbol font that contains all of the standard computer symbols like the On/Off symbol (circle with little stick at the top), USB port, LAN symbol, etc? ...

formatting all the pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C90929.7C8EC410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I asked this a few days ago, as to setting up each page in a calendar = alike (so the picture is in the same place on each page) I probably confused everyone by not asking it clearly. I'm coming across the same question again. I'd like to format/set up = ONE page of a calendar and have it applied to all the pages, is this = possible? Without having to go over each page and use rulers, and line...

How to retrieve the yahoo symbols into excel?
There is a list of stock constituents from yahoo, I would like to retrieve each stock symbol into excel, but I need to manual do it one at a time by copying its link into excel. http://in.finance.yahoo.com/q/cp?s=%5EAORD Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the yahoo symbols into excel? Thanks in advance of any suggestions Eric the download data link doesn't help? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0273A971-EBDA-463A-B457-D6E56C5CCCE0@microsoft.com... > There is a list of...

Opening an existing file
When I try to open an existing file which was created months ago and has been used frequently, I now get a message "File format is not valid" and can't open the document. Help, please! In the "File-Open" dialog box, there is a drop-down list called "Files of type." Try changing it to "All files." "Jim" <jim.dar.lindstrom@att.net> wrote in message news:022d01c35532$10b15a10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open an existing file which was created > months ago and has been used frequently, I now get a > message "...

Page not found after logging on to OWA 2003 for some users
New setup of OWA 2003. Some users can logon sucessfully no problem. Other users logon and recieve a page not found. If the user then highlights the url and erases most of it leaving the https:/owaname/servername.exchange they then see their mailbox. Hmmmm ...

Missing Sub Report Page Header Labels
Access 2003 I have dragged two unrelated reports into a main unbound report, "appendices". I am doing this to be able to have consecutive page numbers across a group of reports which form a large appendix for a document. I find that the subreports' page header information does not show in print preview nor does it print out. Separately, first, how do I remove the black outline round the subreport, and, second, how do change the width in the print of the subreport? Thanks in advance for your help. John -- John Whyte To remove the black line around the subreport: 1. Open...

How do I create additional pages on a Gantt Chart?
I am working with the Gantt Chart and when my items exceed the margins they run off the page. How do I create a page break or additional pages that continue the Gantt Chart where I left off. Thanks for your help. On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:49:04 +0000, elipemberton wrote (in article <CD4F9167-E231-40FB-8B87-B28A38763EBD@microsoft.com>): > I am working with the Gantt Chart and when my items exceed the margins they > run off the page. How do I create a page break or additional pages that > continue the Gantt Chart where I left off. Thanks for your help. Publisher doesn't h...