No answer so I'm reposting (2 of 2): Export to .gif... suppress anti-aliasing?

I'm having trouble with text disappearing from Visio objects inserted into
Word (see thread "Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from Word)
so I decided that even though I'd rather use an embedded Visio object I'd
export the drawings from Viso to .GIF. Okay. Then I open one of the exported
..GIF files and what the hell happened?? Visio did anti-aliasing on my nice
clean colors. <arggh>

Okay, I'll go into the configuration and turn it off.

<arggh>... it's not there.

Okay, I'll look it up in the help...

<arggh>... it's not there.

Okay, I'll look it up in the Microsoft knowledge base.

<arggh>... it's not there.

So apparently the concept of anti-aliasing is so obvious and desirable that
somebody didn't even think that some moron (me) might not want it??

0
mike2971 (12)
1/4/2007 8:40:44 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:40:44 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
wrote:

>I'm having trouble with text disappearing from Visio objects inserted into
>Word (see thread "Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from Word)
>so I decided that even though I'd rather use an embedded Visio object I'd
>export the drawings from Viso to .GIF. Okay. Then I open one of the exported
>.GIF files and what the hell happened?? Visio did anti-aliasing on my nice
>clean colors. <arggh>
>
>Okay, I'll go into the configuration and turn it off.
>
><arggh>... it's not there.
>
>Okay, I'll look it up in the help...
>
><arggh>... it's not there.
>
>Okay, I'll look it up in the Microsoft knowledge base.
>
><arggh>... it's not there.
>
>So apparently the concept of anti-aliasing is so obvious and desirable that
>somebody didn't even think that some moron (me) might not want it??

A limitation of the 256 colour pallette in the GIF format, try PNG or
TIFF format.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

Mike

"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:40:44 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm having trouble with text disappearing from Visio objects inserted
into
> >Word (see thread "Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from
Word)
> >so I decided that even though I'd rather use an embedded Visio object I'd
> >export the drawings from Viso to .GIF. Okay. Then I open one of the
exported
> >.GIF files and what the hell happened?? Visio did anti-aliasing on my
nice
> >clean colors. <arggh>
> >
> >Okay, I'll go into the configuration and turn it off.
> >
> ><arggh>... it's not there.
> >
> >Okay, I'll look it up in the help...
> >
> ><arggh>... it's not there.
> >
> >Okay, I'll look it up in the Microsoft knowledge base.
> >
> ><arggh>... it's not there.
> >
> >So apparently the concept of anti-aliasing is so obvious and desirable
that
> >somebody didn't even think that some moron (me) might not want it??
>
> A limitation of the 256 colour pallette in the GIF format, try PNG or
> TIFF format.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
> Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

0
mike2971 (12)
1/5/2007 2:37:54 PM
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:37:54 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for your response but unfortunately that's not the problem. Even
>though I didn't believe what you told me, I exported one of my illustrations
>as .TIF with data compression set to none, color format set to 24-bit color,
>resolution set to printer (600x600) and size set to Source. The result in
>the .TIF format was the same as the result in the .GIF format... Visio's
>export of the image was anti-aliased. My original Visio drawing used five
>colors; the exported file contains 214 colors. When I export a five-color
>drawing, I want a file with five colors, not 214.

Try setting the resolution to Source.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/
Paul...

I tried the following settings, again with no joy. The resulting image is
still anti-aliased.

..TIF with data compression set to none, color format set to 24-bit color,
resolution set to Source and size set to Source.

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:37:54 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for your response but unfortunately that's not the problem. Even
> >though I didn't believe what you told me, I exported one of my
illustrations
> >as .TIF with data compression set to none, color format set to 24-bit
color,
> >resolution set to printer (600x600) and size set to Source. The result in
> >the .TIF format was the same as the result in the .GIF format... Visio's
> >export of the image was anti-aliased. My original Visio drawing used five
> >colors; the exported file contains 214 colors. When I export a five-color
> >drawing, I want a file with five colors, not 214.
>
> Try setting the resolution to Source.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
> Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

0
mike2971 (12)
1/8/2007 3:30:38 PM
You apparently missed the other thread (1 of 2)... that was what I had done
but some of the visio drawings lost their text when I used Acrobat to create
a PDF.

Mike
"vojo" <vojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why not just paste the native visio object into word (works well for me).
> you can resize drawing in word and it holds its sharpness and
text....also,
> you can edit the visio as visio in word for minor changes (huge changes
can
> be a problem in word - just leaves you with the original visio drawing).
>
> "Paul Herber" wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:40:44 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I'm having trouble with text disappearing from Visio objects inserted
into
> > >Word (see thread "Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from
Word)
> > >so I decided that even though I'd rather use an embedded Visio object
I'd
> > >export the drawings from Viso to .GIF. Okay. Then I open one of the
exported
> > >.GIF files and what the hell happened?? Visio did anti-aliasing on my
nice
> > >clean colors. <arggh>
> > >
> > >Okay, I'll go into the configuration and turn it off.
> > >
> > ><arggh>... it's not there.
> > >
> > >Okay, I'll look it up in the help...
> > >
> > ><arggh>... it's not there.
> > >
> > >Okay, I'll look it up in the Microsoft knowledge base.
> > >
> > ><arggh>... it's not there.
> > >
> > >So apparently the concept of anti-aliasing is so obvious and desirable
that
> > >somebody didn't even think that some moron (me) might not want it??
> >
> > A limitation of the 256 colour pallette in the GIF format, try PNG or
> > TIFF format.
> >

> > --
> > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
> > Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

0
mike2971 (12)
1/8/2007 10:24:34 PM
Mike, would you like to send me your vsd file and output tif ?

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:30:38 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
wrote:

>Paul...
>
>I tried the following settings, again with no joy. The resulting image is
>still anti-aliased.
>
>.TIF with data compression set to none, color format set to 24-bit color,
>resolution set to Source and size set to Source.
>
>Mike
>"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:37:54 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks for your response but unfortunately that's not the problem. Even
>> >though I didn't believe what you told me, I exported one of my
>illustrations
>> >as .TIF with data compression set to none, color format set to 24-bit
>color,
>> >resolution set to printer (600x600) and size set to Source. The result in
>> >the .TIF format was the same as the result in the .GIF format... Visio's
>> >export of the image was anti-aliased. My original Visio drawing used five
>> >colors; the exported file contains 214 colors. When I export a five-color
>> >drawing, I want a file with five colors, not 214.
>>
>> Try setting the resolution to Source.
>>

>> --
>> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
>> Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.      http://www.pherber.com/
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Sure... I'll be sending it from my work email address but with this subject
line.

> Mike, would you like to send me your vsd file and output tif ?
>

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:30:38 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Paul...
> >
> >I tried the following settings, again with no joy. The resulting image is
> >still anti-aliased.
> >
> >.TIF with data compression set to none, color format set to 24-bit color,
> >resolution set to Source and size set to Source.
> >
> >Mike
> >"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message

Even
> >illustrations
> >color,
Visio's

> >> Try setting the resolution to Source.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
> >> Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/
> >

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.      http://www.pherber.com/
> http://www.sandrila.co.uk/

0
mike2971 (12)
1/9/2007 3:41:59 PM
Ok, Mike, this is what I've found. The tif image is about the best you
can get as far as that image type is conxcerned. However, I now know
what you mean by the colour problem and it isn't anti-aliasing as far
as I know but it does produce a fuzzy effect at edges and lines.
But there is a way around this problem - save the diagram as an WMF or
EMF image type. Edges and lines will maintain their sharpness with
these image types..

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.          http://www.pherber.com/
Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

Open Office #2
Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth using, particularly for Excel applications? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote... >Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth >using, particularly for Excel applications? Depends on what you're trying to do. OO Calc's array handling is much weaker than Excel's, so many (possibly most) of the trickier array formulas given in these Excel ngs won't work in OO Calc. But most of the other techniques work. OO Calc provides onl...

Item Receiving in IV10200 #2
We are experiencing the same issue except the difference in cost being assigned to the 1 item is dramatically different than the other units that are at the correct cost. Any idea where I should look to find a setup issue that might be causing this? Joel "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote: > This is by design to handle costs that cannot be evenly divided by the > quantity within the number of decimals defined. For example, if you purchase > 10 items and pay 11 cents total, ten will be received at one penny and one at > two pennies (assuming that only 2 dec...

Office 2003 Recieving error with 2 Email accounts from Same Server #2
I'll try to describe this the best I can, First I'm running outlook 2003 with the service pack on windows xp sp2. Windows firewall is turned off as is my antivirus software is disabled while trying to get this to work (I even uninstalled it) I have two email accounts set up correctly (Two of my other co workers have the same exact set up and email accounts and they have no issues) on the same server i.e. email1@domain.com and email2@domain.com. When the send and recieve function is activated, the non default email account gets a recieve error as below Task 'EMAIL ACCOUNT - Rec...

Exchange 5 Directory Sync #2
Hi. We are a bit behind times as far as exchange goes but it works for us so we are sticking with it for now so please offer us some legacy support if you can ! We have exchange 5 (not 5.5) on two sites in our organization (geographically separated by a few miles). They are on different domains but we have a trust relationship established between both of them and share windows shares that way (both NT4 domains). How do I get the exchange servers to talk to each other ? i.e. the addressbook on one exchange server to show up in the global address book for the users on the...

Re: Outlook Problems migrating to Office XP from Office 2000.-- Repost
I just upgraded to Office XP. Outlook, which I use only for tasks, contacts and calendaring, not email, is not working properly or is working differently in several respects from how Outlook 2000 worked. I use Outlook Express as my default email client. 1. Outlook XP has somehow linked to my Groupwise email account. Whenever I start Outlook XP, it immediately accesses the Groupwise server and imports my GW email messages. If I delete the GW messages from Outlooks mail client, they're deleted from the GW server. Question: a. How do I unlink Outlook XP from my GW mail account?...

Random numbers #2
Hi all, My application is in a nead for a very big number of randomal numbers. I use srand() and rand() calls. My problem is that I suspect that the random numbers I get, starts to repeat them self at some point. My questions are: What happends when the srand() list is over? Does rand() start all over again and begins returning the same numbers? (with a certain bit offset)? How long is the list srand() creates? Is there any better way to create many random numbers? Thanks in advance Dudu Arbel "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B022C3...

Exporting Exchange Data from Outlook
Hello I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. I am simply moving from one organisation to another. What is the best method? Thanks in advance. Prakash prakash@logicalmicro.com Prak wrote: > Hello > I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. > I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server > so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. > I am simply moving from one organisation to another. > What is the best method? > T...

Can anyone answer this Rules question????
I have created a rule for any rule with [Norton Antispam] be marked as read but doesn't get marked read. If I manualy run the rule but on it's own it doesn't? I think the problem is unless the ENTIRE suject matches, the rule won't apply. Is there a wildcard or away to get any message with [Norton Antispam] to be marked as read? A wildcard to ignore [Norton Antispam] and read another part of the subject? Rick wrote: > I have created a rule for any rule with [Norton Antispam] be marked > as read but doesn't get marked read. If I manualy run the rule but &...

no question s answered
i notice no question s ever get answered onin this group "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message news:#4ORxbUqDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > i notice no question s ever get answered onin this group > > Well that's odd because I've answered several myself today....... "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message news:botsri$1hkrhr$1@ID-108938.news.uni-berlin.de... > > "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message > news:#4ORxbUqDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > i notice no quest...

Blank rows #2
How can I stop blank rows from printing at the bottom of the spreadsheet. I try to delete the empty rows but they still print. Mark Select the area to print and then File>Print Area>Set print area You may also want to check out. ' Resetting Excel's 'UsedRange' here http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/tipstrick.htm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A429EEB1-0E91-4F14-A56E-68E2842C5E7E@microsoft.com... > How can I stop blank r...

Double answers???????
Do anyone know how to both have a formula and still be able to put in data in a cell. Let me specify. For instance in cell A you'll be able to put a value say between 1-100%, the same time cell B will calculate what is left, i.e. 100%-(vlaue in cell A). So if you'll put in 10% in A, you'll get 90% in cell B. Okej that's easy, but if you want to make it possible to use that for both cells, that is to be able to put in the value 20% in cell B! and get 80% in cell A. So the user will have freedom of choice to use either cell A or cell B to put in data, but the formula won&#...

Saving Mail Account Settings for Outlook 2003 #2
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2003 and have to re-setup my my whole system (formatting partition). Therefore it would be usefull to save my Mail Account Settings like it is possible in Outlook express in an ".iaf"- file. Is there any possibility? Also I would like to save all my Contacts like in Outlook express in a ".WAB"-file, not several vcards... Could anyone give me a precise hint? Thank you! ...

char #2
As I am getting my first app finished up, one of my chores on my list has been to replace all uses of char with what -- TCHAR? Also I have in mind that I should make more use of _T for such things as a message box string. Yet I am again wondering just exactly why I am doing some of this. So many times, when I have received help from people in various newsgroups, their samples and suggestions have used "char" or "char*". I would sure appreciate a bit of guidance in this matter. TCHAR implicitly facilitates you with the option of compiling in ansi or unicode vi...

Timer #2
What is the limitatio in using Timer in MFC? I have various timers working at the same time, and sometimes I found one of the timer suspended and the whole application hanged. 1) Can I use more than 1 timer? 2) What makes the timers hanged? 3) What is the max numbers of timer that I can use? 4) How can I combine all timers into 1 timer and do for all the tasks? Thanks a lot, Vicki Depending on the OS involved, you can use up to 5 Timers (system wide, I believe) which means that they are a limited system resource and should not be held when not used. If you have more than that, that is ...

Filename #2
Does anybody know if a filename can be changed in a macro? What I need to do is save daily files automaticaly with a name such as DayReport1, DayReport2 .. for the each day of the month. ...

RMS 2.0 with/without SP3
What are the options for taking credit/debit cards with RMS 2.0 sp2 does sp3 add more options? We currently accept credit cards with PCcharge.. we are looking to lower our fees and possibly remove the third party pc charge. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01CAD7D8.D80C4130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Max, SP3 has a new option for Microsoft Dynamics Online Payment Services. It = can use either TSYS or FDC, but I don't know anyone that is using it yet = or much a...

Creation of New Database and Exporting Tables from an existing Dat
I am splitting 10 existing tables statewise. Each such split table will have a distinct name. Eg: In case of Family table, it will have the name of the Tables as, Family Karnataka, FamilyAndhrapradesh etc. I have opened 25 new / different Databases with the respective names of the states - such as Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh etc. Now, I want to copy these split tables to the respective databases. Such as FamilyKarnataka to the database of Karnataka and FamilyAndhraPradesh to the database Andhra Pradesh. Please duide me... S Haresha Babu Sr Manager (IT) Syndicate Bank ...

If you answer to Death
If you answer to Death's postings, you're wasting a breath. He is a bona-fide hater, and his UserName (Death) explains a lot. On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:55:36 -0500, Stan Starinski wrote: > If you answer to Death's postings, you're wasting a breath. He is a > bona-fide hater, and his UserName (Death) explains a lot. If you waste your *breath* resonding to me, perhaps you shouldn't talk while you type, you loon. -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. ...

Sharepoint Export to Excel missing "Person/Group" Fields
Hello, I am wondering if anyone else has had the problem that I am having. I am using Sharepoint Services 3 as well as Excel 2003 and when I create a List in Sharepoint with "Person" fields that show network user smart tags. I attempt to export the list into Excel and when I do the "Person", Created By, Modified By fields do not appear. I have asked colleagues of mine to attempt the same using Excel 2007 and they are not having any missing columns as I am. Can anyone help me out to find a workaround to my problem? Excel 2007 is not an option for my company at th...

CRM1.2 Direct Mail Attachment
Is it possible to add an attachment to a direct mail e-mail? thanks ST its certainly possible in CRM 3.0 - anyone remember whether you can do this on 1.2? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5E10EB4-0E91-48E4-ADAE-B2DE291A0117@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add an attachment to a direct mail e-mail? > thanks > ST John, Thanks. We will be upgrading to v3.0 soon so probably not worth worrying about right now. Thanks Scott &quo...

Opening attachments #2
I am using outlook express 4 on an iMac and I can't open any attachments. Any help please Bren ...

exchange 5.5 export to csv file with smtp addresses
anyone help me export exchnge 5.5 to a csv file. Ive used admin /e parameters which i can get to export email addresses but they have everything in one field like SMTP:user@domain.com%FAX:user@faxmaker%x400=.........etc I have used a facility to remove the % and replace with a comma (,) but the addresses when opened in excel are not all in the same order. Some will appear like SMTP, FAX, X400 and some will be SMTP, X400, FAX or X400, FAX SMTP. This does not help if they are inconsistent. Does anyone have a script/program that just produces the STMP parts in a CSV format which will includ...

how do I create an assesment test that records answers in ppt.
How do I create an assessment test in PPT that records the answers and has a certificate of completion to be filled in at the end? You could only do this with vba code. Can you code? You might want to look at examples on "Powerful PowerPoint for Educators" http://www.loyola.edu/edudept/powerfulpowerpoint/ -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "seasmith" wrote: > How do I create an assessment test in PPT that records the answers and has a >...

upgrade #2
I recently purchased Money 2004, my previous version being Money 98. When I try to restore the backup an error message says that it can't convert the file because it is an incomatible version. What do I need to do to try to transfer all of my data from 98 to 2004? The mother of all FAQs: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Jodie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39c601c3e269$fb85f6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently purchased Money 2004, my previous version > being Money 98. When I try to restore the backup an error > message says ...

count "yes" answers for current record
I would like to build a query that would count all the "yes" and "no" answers from 16 questions that are on the form and then calculate the totals for the current record only and display those answers in a text box on the form. Each of the 16 questions has a combox with the options "yes" and "no". Seems like it should be easy but I can't figure it out. Could you share your table structure? "calculate the totals" suggests multiple records while "current record only" suggests just one record. You can't have it both ways :...