Newbie - Fit Text to Shape

Hi, This is a very basic question, but I have created an organisation chart and the text doesn't fit in the shapes I created using the orgcwiz wizard. Other than manually adjusting the shapes is it possible to get the text to resize to fit the shapes and/ or vice versa as I'd like to automate this at some stage in VBA.
Using Visio 2000.

Thanks,
Mark
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Automatically inserting text into cells which already contain text

Combine Text from Multiple Cells
How do I combine text from mutliple cells into one cell? Hi Carter one option - well two really: if the information is in cells A1, B1 & C1 and you want it combined into D1 then in D1 type =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 this will give you the contents of each with a space between OR =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) which will give you exactly the same thing Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Carter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5fc401c48ac0$9cc86830$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I combine tex...

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

How to check for a bold text formating through (in) a formula?
Hello experts! How to check for a bold text formatting through (in) a formula? A simple UDF will do it Function IsBold(rng As Range) As Boolean Application.Volatile IsBold = rng.Font.Bold End Function and use like =IF(ISBold(A1),...) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:ugy0E$ZIGHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello experts! > How to check for a bold text formatting through (in) a formula? > > > Thanks Bob. I opened Visual Basic Editor, cl...

Formulas and text in the same cell
Hello, everyone, I'm using a SUM function in a cell to add the content of two ranges in different part of my worksheet, but I would like to be able to include text in same cell so it looked something like "Total 99 pcs." Right now I am placing the text in adjacent cells and because of the layout of the document I have something like "Total 99 pcs." Any suggestion? Hi try something like ="Total " & SUM(A1:A100) & " pcs." -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Saul N-L wrote: > Hello, everyone, > > I'm us...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

text wrapping #3
How can I get text to flow through a picture? Right-click the text box, click format text box, layout tab, click "through." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EE1E11-4856-42EB-B472-514D1B44016D@microsoft.com... > How can I get text to flow through a picture? While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written: > Right-click the text ...

Text to Numeric format
SORRY if this is duplicate. I am importing dates from another application and they come in as text. (unable to change that). Now I want to change the format to dates. The format cell option does not work. BUT if I press F2 on the cell and then enter, it changes it to a date format. How can I do thsi without having to press F2 in each cell ????????? Hi try: - copy an empty cell - select your imported data - Goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ne...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

parse data from text field
I currently have a field in a form that contains the exact path to files stored on my computer (ex. C:\file1\file2\file3\samplefile.doc). The path to the file is different for most of the files. I have changed some things in the database and I would like to parse just the file name and extension (ex. samplefile.doc). I have tried the Mid, Left, Right, and InStr functions but I have not been able to get the desired data. Any help with code to parse the data correctly would be appreciated. The names of files are not equal in length. Thank you accessuser1308, You kinda ...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

Real Newbie newbie question
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated. --- David Scott Hampshire, England Wrong group. Sorry....... -- --- David Scott Hampshire, England "Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:50kuejF1fh28sU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi All - I hope...

eConnect newbie
Hi, I've installed eConnect 7.5 and am planning to use this to read & write xml files to GP can anyone give me samples or examples of how to do this, also my company is planning to upgrade to GP 9 shortly are there major changes between each version? Thanks in advance. JimB If you've installed eConnect, then you have several samples already. They are located in the samples folder underneath the eConnect installation. The changes from 7.5 to 9.0 are fairly minimal. Mostly, there are new xml elements that can be included, but many of those are optional. It's my gue...

Text will not replace word after highlighting and paste
After highlighting a series of text and trying to paste over with a corrected text, it will not allow me to do this. I cannot remove existing text with the backspace key. Tools | Options | Edit: "Typing replaces selection." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FC0E1E-C658-42E6-8E90-15FB9A1B88D2@microsoft.com... > After highlighting a series of text and trying to paste over with a > corrected > text, it will not ...

Shapes are locked for connecting
Hello Attached is a Visio 2003 Test sheet. In this sheet, there I can no longer connect to the shapes. I have not set any attribute or property!? Last time I edited this sheet, closed it, and today I open it, and could no longer connect! You can get this file on http:\\www.gspon.net\visio Please help me to find out why I cannot connect? regards remo On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:37:20 +0200, "remo" <brigger@onlinepansystem.ch> wrote: >Hello >Attached is a Visio 2003 Test sheet. >In this sheet, there I can no longer connect to the shapes. >I have not set any attribu...

Adding a lot of text to MS Excel cells
I need to add a significant amount of text in just one cell but at a certain point the text will no longer display in the cell. You have to click on the cell and view it in the formula bar at the top. I can't figure out how to increase the character limit so that the text can be viewed directly from the spreadsheet? XL's specifications allow 32,767 characters in a cell, of which 1024 can be displayed/printed. However, if you insert a line feed (ALT-ENTER or OPTION-RETURN) at least every 1024 characters, you can extend that. In article <48B19941-ED47-4B5A-8C4F-407A03AA9...

MDI newbie ?
I want to add a "reload" command that will close the current(and only) document and reload it again. Here is what I have tried so far: <code> AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_FILE_NEW); while(AfxGetApp()->GetOpenDocumentCount() > 0); AfxGetApp()->OpenDocumentFile(currentFluPath); </code> This doesn't work, because, as I've learned ID_FILE_NEW create just that, a new blank document so count is still 1. I can't figure out what I should check for, how I can know when the ID_FILE_NEW is done so that I can call OpenDocumentFile() Does ...

combobox and text box
Hello everybody I 'am a beginner in programming. I have create a form in M Access .and inside i have a combobox with record in one column. Nearby, i add a textbox. my need is to feel the textbox with the records in one is selected in the combobox. Can anyone help me please? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Assuming your combo is called cmbcombo. Assuming your text field is called txtfield The code really depends on the number of columns you have, (i.e. if your first column's width is 0 then you will ...

Run Integration Quicker-Newbie
I am running an integration to import sales orders for invoicing. I use several additional query criteria in IM, but I do not think these criteria are passed to SQL Server 2000. Instead, the records are returned, then the criteria are applied. The integration is taking quite a bit of time to run. Does anyone have an idea on how to pass the criteria to SQL Server, or any other ideas to increase the performance? Thanks. use a SQL Server View "Shannon LeVert" <slevert@aviagen.com> wrote in message news:06c701c46daa$fbad4100$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am running an in...

newbie question about IDE / ADO.net integration
Hi guys, I have made a console application that reads .mdb file. The way I achieved it was using the IDE, it was pretty much automatically, just dragging the mdb file into the idea, writing few sql strings in the wizard, and it generate the adapter,dataset and etc. classes automatically. 2 questions: 1) How is this process/model called ? Is it XSD ? named Datasets ? I want to know when asking questions regarding this, how to refer it in the future. 2) The connection string to the mdb file is in the setting, and I'd like to pass it as a command line argument to my application...

text show as ######
Hi, I have a cell in Text format with "wrap text" enabled, And I copy from notepad multiple lines of text. The cell turns to show "################", Can anyone tell me why and how to make it show the correct text? Thanks a lot. -- Leo Leo Change the format to General. Usually clears this up. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:04:51 -0400, "Leo Lin" <leolin1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a cell in Text format with "wrap text" enabled, And I copy from >notepad multiple lines of text. The cell turns to show "...

Newbie here
I'm saving my Visio flowchart as a html page, when hovering over a shape it shows the text and then "undefined". Any help on that would be great! On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:54:01 -0700, Newbie <Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm saving my Visio flowchart as a html page, when hovering over a shape it >shows the text and then "undefined". > >Any help on that would be great! Which version of Visio and which version of IE (I assume you are using IE to view the pages)? -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Visio Utilities http...

NEWBIE needs help #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C44FBE.6761CDE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I got this from http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html and I = have entered the formula as they spell out, but nothing is happening! = Why? Please help a newbie that needs help now. In this example the ticket numbers are in cells B2:G4, and the = drawn numbers are entered in cells B6:G6 1.. Select cells B2:G4=20 2.. Choose Format|Conditional Formatting=20 3.. Fr...