Need "Database" .vss template files for Visio 5.0c

Hi, everyone:

I need to find some .vss template files for Visio 5.0c.   Specifically, the
Database drawing templates.   (and no, I
cannot upgrade!  It's technically not my computer, I'm borrowing someone
else's while I'm housesitting)

For some weird reason, there are no Database templates in the C:\Program
Files\Visio\Solutions\Database folder.
There are plenty of .vss templates in the other folders: Block Diagram,
Electrical and Electronic, Facilities  Management (etc) but none in
Database.
(grr!)

I have tried just copying several in from a friend's Visio, but he has a
later version, probably 6.0, and the program cannot read them.  These have
to be copied from Visio 5.0.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Tom

PS > I'll say it again, I cannot upgrade the software, even if it's a free
upgrade.  The few files I need to solve this problem are all very small, and
will take only a few seconds to drop in.  They could be sent as email
attachments, no FTP or other bigger fix needed.  Also, to everyone who
responded earlier and suggested that I send in my original Visio 5.0 install
CD for Microsoft's free Visio 2000 install disk, that's not possible as this
isn't my computer, I wouldn't know where to find the install  CD, etc.  (I
reached the owner of the PC by email and he confirmed that this computer
came with Visio pre-installed by the local shop, which is now unfortunately
out of business).

It's kind of depressing - from the types of responses I greceived, I get the
feeling that people would actually rather suggest that a guy with a flat
tire go buy a new car, rather than simply help him replace the tire.  Isn't
anyone a real hacker anymore?

;^]

T.

"I woke up in between
A memory and a dream..."
-Thomas Petty

0
hippysix (1)
8/23/2003 1:51:45 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Database problems in Vista
I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or classs does not support the set of events!" I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window. Is there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? See: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Option 2 is probably the best general solution. -- A...

Killing the off-line database
Having to kill the off line database to add new records seems a little extreme if you have to do it every day but thank you for the answer. I think they will should have a wireless connection anyway. I am sorry I really don't know how Windows wireless works. In any case what about Active Server pages? Is it secure for only a company intranet. Is there a way to only allow connections to the database via Active Server pages only from desinated IP's? Also, say the .mdb database is on a wireless network can those people still navigate through the network to get to the .mdb database. ...

Database backup whilst the POS is in use
I currently do my daily database backup during the night using a scheduled Windows task. The backup is copied to multiple hard disks on different PCs. I would like to do additional backups during the day whilst the POS is being used. Does RMS SO actually allow this or would I have to briefly shutdown the POS for the backup? I am on V2, SP2. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you can run backups while POS is running. You can even run backups when multiple manager programs are running. SQL server is built to handle many different concurrent connections. As another option, you can also use the c...

Macros with databases
I have two sheets in my workbook. The first is the form I want to get information to from my database. The second sheet is my database. what type of formula can I use and how do I set it up? Hi Linda You can use the Vlookup function. See the Excel help for examples -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:745AB0AD-98A3-4791-8DCB-F60DB1BE6820@microsoft.com... > I have two sheets in my workbook. The first is the form I want to get information to from my database. The second sheet is my datab...

Database Image in SSRS 2005
I am working on a report that has a column with the data type of image. When I preview this report, it shows a red "X" instead of the image. I have tried multitude of things but nothing works. Enabling the RS Execution Account. =System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes(Mid (System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString(Fields!DetailText.Value),79)) =System.Convert.FromBase64String(Mid(System.Conver t.ToBase64String (Fields!Picture.Value),105)) Thanks in advance. Hi Do you store an image in the database or on filesytem? How do you provide the image parameter? &q...

zDP_WDC41200SS_1 in DYNAMICS database?
Hello, Does anyone have stored procedure zDP_WDC41200SS_1 in their DYNAMICS database? Here is the background: We have a system that was originally eEnterprise 6.0 on SQL Server 2000, with a lot of customizations and Omni Security. This has been upgraded to GP 7.5 SP 6, all the customizations have been upgraded and Omni Security has been replaced with Advanced Security. On this system, on both 6.0 and 7.5 we are unable to change the Transfer Date in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations screen. When we do and tab off the date, it simply reverts back to the date it originally had. No ...

IMF database
Dear all: If I send the email out, will IMF learn the reception user and add them to white-list? If yes, where is the IMF database? Many thanks for your reply! On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:24:05 +0800, "David" <david@idle.com.tw.nospam> wrote: > If the client has it configured that recipients for outbound mails are included in their whitelist then the IMF will accept them inbound. .... unless the message is blocked outright by IMF before being passed to the mailstore (where whitelists are considered). -GT "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrot...

forms not listed in database contents, yet can add data to them
Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view. All the tables, queries, and macros are there. When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can be used. The data is stored. So, it seems that the forms are still there, but just cannot be seen in design view. The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file object even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem? Thanks! You cannot open an entire database in Design View. Try opening it normally, selecting a form, and choosing Design View from the V...

Find form (Entity) in CRM METABASE Database
Hi: I don't find the form dialog entity in Database. That is when display close opportunity action show a dialog. i need convert "IsCustomized" to 1, for me allow make changes. the name of the .aspx is "dlg_closeopp.aspx" and is not "OpportunityClose", this entity i did. i need the form dialog for make customizations. if somebody knows the name of the form dialog in the table Entity in Metabase database, please tell me. Thanks. ...

Query using database criterion
I have stored some data in sheet named "Data" in database format with following headers: Column Heading Type of data ===== ====== ======== A Supplier_Name Text B Machine_Model Text C Table_Length Numeric D Table_Width Numeric E Spindle_Diameter Numeric Some of the data under columns C, D & E are blank. Columns. A:D is named as "Data" The criterion for quering the database is setup as follows i...

Form security on secured split database
I secured a database and set groups permissions to certain forms in the database. I then created a switchboard for the database with command boxes for different forms. This all worked great, however when I manually split the database the users can now open all the forms, even those that they have no permissions for. What's up with this? "salmosalar" <salmosalar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:993B7F14-2956-48CA-A8D0-418BABC6F10C@microsoft.com... >I secured a database and set groups permissions to certain forms in the > database. > I then...

Cannot Save to Money Database File
Hello everyone, everytime I try to make a change to my money database file, it tells me that it's in use by another application. I have a feeling that it may be corrupt, however the my backup is about 6 months old. As a result, I don't want to loose what's in it. Two questions: Can I fix the current problem? Maybe upgrading to a new money version (I'm currently using 1999)? Can I load my old copy, and then export the changes from the current database? Thank you, John Pasula In microsoft.public.money, John Pasula wrote: >Hello everyone, everytime I try to make...

database daemon wont go away! #2
So, what does it take to get rid of the database daemon in Office 2004? I have turned off notifications, and deleted the startup item, but every time I start *any* office application, the daemon is restarted _and_ it reappears in the startup items. Isnt the best practice to *ask* the user, rather than just going ahead and making these changes? Very frustrating. The DB Daemon is a required support app for Word & Excel as well as Entourage. Why do you believe you need to get rid of it? Regards |:>) On 5/1/06 04:37, in article 1136435860.861856.223470@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, &q...

Pulling data out of a large database
I am trying to build a file to pull information from a larger database and put it into summary file. I would like to be able to use criteria like >15 months and % range <100 to pull information about products from a larger database. A single row of data would have multiple columns. I need to be able to pull the entire row of data, that corresponds to the criteria, to the summary sheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks Dave, You need to make an ODBC connection to the database and use MSQuery to query the data. Click on Data, Import External Data, New Database Query. In the...

Database window
Hi, I put a command button on the main menu to help me during development time. This button is supposed to toggle between hide/display the database window. Here's the code from the _Click event: If Me.cmdDatabaseWindow.Caption = "Show" Then Me.cmdDatabaseWindow.Caption = "Hide" DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, , True Else Me.cmdDatabaseWindow.Caption = "Show" DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, Me.Name, True DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide End If For some reason, it works well if I set a break point and step into it. As...

Cannot Open Database
I have been trying to open a database all morning. It is a 300+ Mb file. For a while this morning it opened but there were no objects at all, no tables, queries, reports etc. I used this database over the weekend last. I tried to compact and repair and got message about no having necessary permissions. I have never used security on the database. Now when I try and open it I get a message that another user is modifying the file. The file is on a secured network drive, I have checked on this, no one else is in the drive but me. I can't even get to the database window now. Any ...

Compact Database
I've read and seen tons of theories about how to compact an active database via VBA code for AC2003. The following code works for me. Public Function QuitAccess() Select Case MsgBox("Do you really want to close the MDS system?", vbYesNo Or vbQuestion Or vbDefaultButton2, "Please Confirm!") Case vbYes AutoCompactCurrentProject Application.Quit Case vbNo End Select End Function Public Function AutoCompactCurrentProject() Dim fs, f, s, filespec Dim strProjectPath As String, strProjectName As String strProje...

How do I back up and restore my entire Outlook Database
Hi all, I was hoping that someone could tell me how to backup the entire outlook database. If I just need to copy a file/s, could you let me know which file/s and where they are located. or if outlook has a backup feature, how do I use it? Thanks in advance!!! Regards, Steve B. PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com Microsoft has a free download on the Office update page, I think, that makes it fairly easy to backup your Outlook data. Either that or use the export feature and export your entire personal folder to a file. Be sure to set up to include sub-folders. Don "Steven B." <...

Open my database at home?
I took a backup of my database from work, and i wanted to open a copy of it for messing around on my home compter, ive created the database and restored from the backup etc, but when i try to run store OPS i get a licence problem and store ops shuts - am i not able/allowed to open a copy of my database on another machine? change the till number in store ops manager to anything but '1'... "Philip Gass" wrote: > I took a backup of my database from work, and i wanted to open a copy of it > for messing around on my home compter, ive created the database and restored...

database management
what is the best program for database management? I have a mailing lis in Excel with over 13000 names and we want to delete duplicates etc. What is VBA? Thanks, Sheil -- Sheila18 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sheila183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31880 VBA = Visual Basic for Applications. it is the computer language that run excel. use Access for data base management. it uses VBA too. both excel and Access are part of microso...

Reducing a database
Hello, I want to reduce a database in SQL Server 2000. The problem is that it has the datafiles with a initial size very high. I've done a logical backup, done a command script for generating the database, but I've changed the initial size of database to a size very short in that script. Then, I create the database with that script, but the problem is that when I go to restore the logical backup, it shows again the initial size of datafiles that it had before ... How can I reduce that database? I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope that you can understand me. Thanks b...

Extra databases created in Access 2007
I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb to .accdb). In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is an incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory. Is this normal - IE do I have an option set somewhere. If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it. Regards Neil Compact on close will do this if you don't have delete permission. "neil40" <neil.grantham@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1179695681.157103.91080@u36g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .m...

Date cells after conversion from Database
In our organisation we are dealing with different date formats (dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yy) When information is requested out of our JDE database it is presented as a csv file. After convertion into Excel the 'dd/mm/yyyy' are recognised as date formats, but the 'mm/dd/yy' only as general formats. How do I change those last ones in recogniseable date formats? Thanks for your help!!!! Rene. if you can highlight them all then right click and choose format cells then under the number tab choose custom then enter mm/dd/yy in the to box. that might help cheer -- Message po...

How to delete some records in all the tables in a database?
Hello, I am new to this so sorry for the this simple question. I want to delete certain records on all the tables in a database using ADO from VB6. I can have a line like below: sSQL="DELETE * FROM TableName WHERE FieldID='" & FieldName & "'" But how can I scan all the tables in the database so that TableName above is each one of the tables in the database. Thank you. Athena Dim tbl as TableDef For Each tbl in CurrentDb.TableDefs sSQL="DELETE * FROM " & tbl.Name & " WHERE FieldID='" &a...

Is it possible to use CRecordSet without connecting to a database?
Under .NET you can use the ADO.net object without never connecting to a database. Creating columns and inserting data manually. Is it possible to do so with a CRecordSet? If it is important to know, I need to do so because I have a working C++ function that accepts a CRecordSet derived class as a parameter (ugly, I know), I'd like to use the function and send it a RecordSet, just like it used to get before, however, all that without connecting to a database. - I'll fill it myself using another source. Is it possible? Thanks, Vitaly "Vitaly Belman" <vitalyb@gmail.com>...