mirror image

I put together a floor plan for a home.  I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip the whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me?
0
smstahl (1)
11/23/2003 10:06:08 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work
(at least the appliance moved to the other side of the room).
al
"squirrly_girl" <smstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I put together a floor plan for a home.  I need to mirror or flip the
floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I selected
the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but
that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180
degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip the
whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the
south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me?

0
edlund1 (616)
11/23/2003 11:35:52 PM
What version of Visio are you using?  I can't replicate this in 2003.

Randall Arnold

"squirrly_girl" <smstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I put together a floor plan for a home.  I need to mirror or flip the
floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I selected
the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but
that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180
degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip the
whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the
south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me?

0
rarnold (162)
11/24/2003 2:23:54 PM
Try welding or grouping them all together, then flip and ungroup.

"squirrly_girl" <smstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I put together a floor plan for a home.  I need to mirror or flip the
floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I selected
the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but
that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180
degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip the
whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the
south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me?

Visio 2003 has new selection operations that let you rotate and flip the
entire selection.  In previous versions, these operations simply rotated or
flipped each shape individually.  You might try grouping the shapes,
performing your flip and then ungrouping them.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Randall Arnold" <rarnold@kmalp.com_> wrote in message
> What version of Visio are you using?  I can't replicate this in 2003.
>
> Randall Arnold
>
> "squirrly_girl" <smstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I put together a floor plan for a home.  I need to mirror or flip the
> floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I selected
> the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but
> that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips it
180
> degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip the
> whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the
> south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me?

0
marknel (439)
11/24/2003 7:46:26 PM
That explains it (what I had assumed, anyway).  Nice new feature!  I didn't
even key on this in the beta.

Randall Arnold

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Visio 2003 has new selection operations that let you rotate and flip the
> entire selection.  In previous versions, these operations simply rotated
or
> flipped each shape individually.  You might try grouping the shapes,
> performing your flip and then ungrouping them.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

> "Randall Arnold" <rarnold@kmalp.com_> wrote in message
> > What version of Visio are you using?  I can't replicate this in 2003.
> >
> > Randall Arnold
> >
> > "squirrly_girl" <smstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I put together a floor plan for a home.  I need to mirror or flip the
> > floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I
selected
> > the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical
but
> > that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips it
> 180
> > degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip the
> > whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the
> > south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me?

0
rarnold (162)
11/24/2003 8:12:24 PM
Check out the new methods on the Selection object in automation as well.  We
provide some really flexible ways to do move, resize, flip and rotate now.

--

> That explains it (what I had assumed, anyway).  Nice new feature!  I
didn't
> even key on this in the beta.
>
> Randall Arnold
>
> "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Visio 2003 has new selection operations that let you rotate and flip the
> > entire selection.  In previous versions, these operations simply rotated
> or
> > flipped each shape individually.  You might try grouping the shapes,
> > performing your flip and then ungrouping them.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Nelson
> > Microsoft Corporation

> rights.
> >

> > "Randall Arnold" <rarnold@kmalp.com_> wrote in message
> > > What version of Visio are you using?  I can't replicate this in 2003.
> > >
> > > Randall Arnold
> > >
> > > "squirrly_girl" <smstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this.  I
> selected
> > > the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical
> but
> > > that only flips each shape.  It keeps each shape stationary but flips
it
> > 180
> > > degrees.  That is not what I need to do.  I want to be able to flip
the
> > > whole image.  For example.  The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on
the
> > > south side.  I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help
me?

0
marknel (439)
11/24/2003 9:30:27 PM
Yeah, the only thing I've noticed still missing is skew, and that came up in
a recent question here.

> Check out the new methods on the Selection object in automation as well.
We
> provide some really flexible ways to do move, resize, flip and rotate now.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

> "Randall Arnold" <rarnold@kmalp.com_> wrote in message
> > That explains it (what I had assumed, anyway).  Nice new feature!  I
> didn't
> > even key on this in the beta.
> >
> > Randall Arnold
> >
> > "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Visio 2003 has new selection operations that let you rotate and flip
the
> > > entire selection.  In previous versions, these operations simply
rotated
> > or
> > > flipped each shape individually.  You might try grouping the shapes,
> > > performing your flip and then ungrouping them.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mark Nelson
> > > Microsoft Corporation

> > rights.
> > >

> > > "Randall Arnold" <rarnold@kmalp.com_> wrote in message

> the
> > selected
> > but
> it
> > > 180
> the
> the
> me?

0
rarnold (162)

database mirroring question
for database mirroring, can one mirror server to two principle servers? That means two mirrored servers mirror to one same mirroring server. Is that ok? Thanks. ...

Imaging system joined with Great Plains
Hello, Has anyone successfully joined an imaging system with Great Plains. We want to link images and other files to invoicing in the Sales Order Processing Module. Any advice? thanks, Ed A client of mine just bought Docuware and I was asked to integrate it with GP. The first and only time (so far) that I worked with it was when the Docuware Sales Manager and I tried to create an integration between docuware and GP(v9) Docuware has two tools to create/manage the integration one is a user-usable tool (technically savvy - say a GP admin) point and click etc. that is what he use...

Uplaod file / Image file grater that 3mb.
Facing problem to upload the file with size greater than 3mb. What to Do? I am using WINHTTP. You could try WinRar to break the file into smaller chunks Les <shrikant.gurav11@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9cccc88a-a554-47ff-866f-c394295483ac@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Facing problem to upload the file with size greater than 3mb. > What to Do? > I am using WINHTTP. ...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

SQL Server 2005 Mirroring (Same Server Mirror)
I am trying to set up SQL Server 2005 mirroring for testing on the same Windows 2003 server. I have created two separate SQL Server 2005 database instances. After setting up the mirroring between the two instances. When I tried to Start Mirroring after the configuration I received the error listed below. One or more of the sever network addresses lacks a fully qualified domain name (FQDN for each server, and click Start Mirroring again. The syntax for a fully-qualified TCP address is: TCP://<computer_name>,<domain_segment>[,<domain_segment>];<port>...

load image to database
I need to add picture in to my database. What's type of field I need create in the table? Do I need any function to add this in my app to add pictures in to my app? Your information is great appreciated, Do not put images in your database. Access has a size limit of 2gb. With images, you can blow this limit easily. The better way to do it is create a directory where your images will be stored and use a text or hyperlink field in a table to point to the image location. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Souris" wrote: > I need to add picture in to my database. &...

Database Mirroring and Insert Statement
In SQL Server 2005, in Dev environment, the application takes 10-15 minutes to insert 129,000 records but in prod it takes 2 hours. Dev is not set up for database mirroring but prod is set up for database mirroring. The database is identical and server hardware in prod is better. There is no other activity happening in prod. during that time. What could be the possible reasons. >The database is > identical and server hardware in prod is better. "Better" is a relative term. I frequently see installation where a test or dev environment has one single disk and a pr...

Images in GP
Does anyone know if there is any kind of 3rd party module for Great Plains that allows you to attach an image to an inventory item? Although I have not done it myself, it is possible to do this with just VBA and Modifier. If you use the itemID as the filename, and store all images on a central file server in one folder (or subdivide by item class), you could conceivably not require any new tables or data structures. You would use a VBA user form to display and to save/retrieve the image. HS "ConnollyandCo" <ConnollyandCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Copy and paste an image
I am trying to copy and paste a entire screen into Excel 2007. I tried using Alt and Print Screen and then paste it into Excel but it does not work. Any suggestions of what I am doing incorrect? Thanks, Bill Try CTRL ALT PRTSCR instead. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Bill" wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste a entire screen into Excel 2007. I tried using > Alt and Print Screen and then paste it into Excel but it does not work. > > Any suggestions of what I am doing incorrect? > > Thanks, > > B...

Conditional format for image or figure
I am looking for a way to relate the format (filling colour) of an image or figure that is imported into excel. This would allow me to design simple maps with coloured codes for presentations of regional reports. Anyone? in Dutch: Ik wil dus bescheiden GIS kaartjes maken in excel zonder dat ik een veel te duur GIS programma moet opsnorren. (bijvoorbeeld de regio's met een goed verkoopcijfer groen, de regio's met verlies rood,...) Alvast bedankt ...

Linked images (backgrounds for forms and buttons) don't display, A
System: Win7/64; MS Access/Office 2007; SQL Server 2005 on networked server with shared folders on same server. ADP Project. Project menus and forms contain linked images (< 30) as eye-candy. No problem for months of development. (Make minor change to arbitrary SQL view and add rich text box to menu form. Probably no relationship to problem). Compact, reload. All images no longer display. Able to create new form in project and load linked image. Able to re-browse and link image to button. All image paths are absolute paths. Previous version, absent minor changes l...

Witness Server in SQL Mirroring
Hello everyone, is there someone who could tell me if the witness server in a mirroring configuration under SQL Server 2008 must be a third instance of a SQL Server? Can I setup the secondary DB within the mirroring as the witness as well? Thank' you for your help! Bye, Clark. -- =^= Live Long and Prosper I don't believe there is anything stopping you from doing so but that pretty much defeats the purpose. For instance if the witness is on the same server as the mirror and the network connection drops both the witness and the mirror will create a quorum and pro...

URLDownloadToFile and image size
I am using URLDownloadToFile to download images from url. I only want download images with a certain size. Is there a way to get the image size(width, height) during the download process(before download complete)? Thanks, qk ...

images in body of emails

Looking up images
I am building a spreadsheet which has a dropdown menu where the user can select the state they are working with. Depending on the state they select, I would like a .jpeg or .bmp of the state to display in the right hand corner so there is less potential for confusion when users are switching between states. Is there a way to use a function such as the index function to look up an image instead of a value This technique works ok if you're using xl2k or higher. Add all 50(?) pictures to a worksheet. Locate each right where you want them to appear. Give them nice names. Pict_AL, Pict_AK...

Images in tables display issue
When I insert an image into a cell within a table, I always end up with a small white gap between the bottom of the image and the bottom border of the table. This appears only to be an issue with the on-screen display, because when I print out the image the gap isn't there. This is very frustrating, as I spent a very, very long time trying to get rid of this space before I decided to print out the page to make sure it wasn't just an on-screen display issue. Is this a known bug with Windows 2003, or is there something more that I can do to make my on-screen display within...

poor quality images in sent emails
Sometimes, I wish to include a small image inline with the rest of the text in my emails. However, the quality of the image sent is much poorer than the quality of the image pasted in (or inserted). It appears that the colour depth has been reduced. Does anyone know whey this is happening and how I can correct it please Thanks Neil Version of Outlook? What is the image format when you insert it? Are you using HTML or RTF? What mail client is the recipient using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (V...

MIRROR EFECTS, TEXT
H I want to display text as you would view it in a mirror, any one with ideas on how to do this Select the Text Frame, copy it to the clipboard by Ctrl+C Then go to menu EDIT select Paste Special, then select 'Paste as Picture' or 'Paste as device independent Bitmapped image' or 'Paste as Windows Metafile' or something similar to the those, dependent on which version of Publisher you are using. You will now have a picture, and you can just use the horizontal flip - you now have mirror text. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturin...

Proportional resizing of an image
Hi I am using below code to proportionally adjust size of an image size to a given max height & width. Problem is that image is deteriorated compared to a similar operation in say MS Access report. Is there a better proportional resizing function available that can maintain better image quality? Many Thanks Regards Public Function ProportionallyResizeBitmap(ByVal src As Bitmap, ByVal maxWidth As Integer, ByVal maxHeight As Integer) As Bitmap ' original dimensions Dim w As Integer = src.Width Dim h As Integer = src.Height ' ...

Mirroring cells
I'm trying to duplicate cells exactly from one sheet to the next. I'm using IF commands to get the data entered in a cell in one sheet to show up in the next, but is there anyway to also mirror the format, i.e. bolded text, highlights, etc.? Thanks in advance! -- careyc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ careyc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26064 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476778 Use Copy / Paste. It will copy both the cell's contents and its forma...

Is Image Composer a utility in Mircosoft FrontPage?
Is Image Composer a utility in Mircosoft FrontPage? if so, how do i access it? It was in FrontPage 2000, on the second cd. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "Yash" <Yash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94159C67-0C57-4531-973B-57BF6E9F427B@microsoft.com... : Is Image Composer a utility in Mircosoft FrontPage? if so, how do i access it? ...

reading Image Property for button from a XML
Hi, I have a query regarding reading Image Property for button from a XML file . I read XML files to Generate Screens using System.Windows.Forms.Controls .The XML file is read and properties are set using Reflection a sample representation of it is given below <Control type="System.Windows.Forms.Button, System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" name="Button2"> <Property name="TabIndex" value="6"></Property> <Property name="Size" value="75, 23"></Property&...

Images do not display in signature file for new emails
I created a SIGNATURE file to automatically be included in all NEW EMAILS I create. I have an IMAGE (Clipart) that I have embedded in the signature, but it will not display. I AM able to see images in my email. I can MANUALLY insert the image and it displays fine. When I look at the properties for the placeholder for where the image should display (there is a rectangular box with a RED X), Outlook is trying to load the image from a folder in the Documents and Settings/"user name"/Application Data/Microsoft/Signatures//"user name"_files folder. The file IS THERE,...

How do I print my image decently in Visio? So it fits the page?
I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image so you can actually see it. Right new, when I can actually get it to print, it is just a thumbnail. Otherwise nothing prints at all. I've done everything in the help section, but to no avail. What am I missing? I'd probably start at page setup > page size and see if it is checked for same as printer setup al "Scottyboy" <Scottyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E6D694A-BF76-47A3-993C-50A0D32ABC7C@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image s...

delete image
I have an image on an excel sheet which I put on (vcant remeber how) but cannot delete. I think it is embedded bitmap or gif I cannot highlight it with right click to delete or clear it Its as though it is perm embedded into the background What did I do and how can I get rid of image Martyn, try Format > Sheet > Delete background. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "martyn" <martyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D44F2C51-E9DB-4F3E-A2E5-93F77B88969B@microsoft.com... > I have an image on...