Microsoft Word to Visio conversions

Hi,

Can Visio import Microsoft Word drawings.  i.e. I have drawn quite a
lot of flow charts using the MS word drawing tools.  This was very
tiresome and if Visio can easily import the drawings I will purchase a
copy.

Thanks
0
pmb (3)
9/2/2005 9:03:48 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

there is no formal import facility to move word drawings to visio. if you
would post a small example I'd be happy to test it (please nothing
confidential or proprietary).
al

"Paul Betteridge" <pmb@REMOVE_THISpb-net.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can Visio import Microsoft Word drawings.  i.e. I have drawn quite a
> lot of flow charts using the MS word drawing tools.  This was very
> tiresome and if Visio can easily import the drawings I will purchase a
> copy.
>
> Thanks

0
edlund1 (616)
9/2/2005 12:22:47 PM
I do Fluid Power schematics in Word and have just inserted my first one into
VISIO. It was a 24 X 36 "D" size drawing and worked very well except for
some outer portions of text that got lost in the transfer. I was intersted
in converting Word drawings  to AutoCad .dwg or .dxf   The .dwg conversion
seems to work well. Haven't tried the .dxf.

Make sure you specify the Font in VISIO before you insert the Word .doc. I
had to change all my text from the default Times New Romans to Tahoma.

BudT

"Al Edlund" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> there is no formal import facility to move word drawings to visio. if you
> would post a small example I'd be happy to test it (please nothing
> confidential or proprietary).
> al
>
> "Paul Betteridge" <pmb@REMOVE_THISpb-net.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can Visio import Microsoft Word drawings.  i.e. I have drawn quite a
>> lot of flow charts using the MS word drawing tools.  This was very
>> tiresome and if Visio can easily import the drawings I will purchase a
>> copy.
>>
>> Thanks

Ok thanks, i will give it a try......

Paul

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:03:48 +0100, Paul Betteridge
<pmb@REMOVE_THISpb-net.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can Visio import Microsoft Word drawings.  i.e. I have drawn quite a
>lot of flow charts using the MS word drawing tools.  This was very
>tiresome and if Visio can easily import the drawings I will purchase a
>copy.
>
>Thanks
0
pmb (3)

converting a letter from word to access db
I have a letter in word format and need to put it in an access db as a report to add some data(names etc) preplugged using the database into the letter. I tried just doing the report in design view and type everything in but I can't seem to get the margins of the letter body to be justified. I either get aligned left, right, or centered. Any help???? I have the letter perfectly done in ms word. I tried copy and pasting but the darn thing changes from justified to aligned left. -- Isabella You can use a mail merge from Access to do this. See: http://www.taltech.com/TA...

How do you export a Visio Database Model into a new SQL DB?
I have created a Database Model with several tables, columns, etc and I want to export this into a new Database in SQL Server 2005. I do not see any way to do this in the menus. I can see how to reverse engineer and pull stuff from SQL but not pushing into SQL. Hi Todd, The update/refresh model functionality is shipped with the enterprise version of Visio which is included in the Visual Studio .Net package See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011496961033.aspx Ren´┐Ż "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40B3E364-BF07-4DB7-AA4F-6203D...

Microsoft Publisher 3.0
How can I open a Microsoft Publisher 3.0 file with Microsoft Publisher 2000? I'm assuming you've tried and it isn't working. What errors are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Leslie Morrison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:131701c4a4bf$7875c770$3501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I open a Microsoft Publisher 3.0 file with > Microsoft Publisher 2000? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/...

Word Render destination array error
Have have built a report that is a form of 8 pages that I wish to render as a word document. It has a number of boxes and tables. I am getting an error message stating. Destination array was not long enough. Check destindex and length. From what I have read (which is fragmented to say the least) it is to do with too many tables or long field values. I have elimnated the fields values but cannot elimnate the cells and tables problem as it uses them to do even the smallest formatting. It renders fine in pdf, but that is not an option. Any tips other than 3rd party? you don...

Inserting Outlook Addresses into a Word Doc
When you use your Outlook 2002 Contacts folder to insert a single address into a Word document, the only way a Contact shows up in the Contact list is if you have made an entry in either the Contact forms Fax or E-mail fields. Why? The problem is that if you only have a Fax number and no e-mail listed for the Contact, the Contact's name is inserted into the Word document with the words "(Business Fax)" or "(Home Fax)" attached to the Full Name. How can you eliminate the insertion of these words? What happens if your Contact has neither a Fax number nor an e...

Prove this critical patch from Microsoft Corporation
--wwioxukpge Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="svapduhb"; type="multipart/alternative" --svapduhb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cseeebqozldecvb" --cseeebqozldecvb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help m...

Can I make my own picture into a symbol for use in word/excel?
I created some graphics that I want to insert as symbols (half circle, quarter circle, full circle - pie charts). How can I turn into symbols that can be added to the autocorrect feature on word? Insert the picture into a document. Right-click the picture and make sure to specify the Text Wrapping that you want. Select the picture and then display the AutoCorrect dialog box (in Word 2007, click Office button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options). In the "Replace" box, type whatever key combinations should trigger the AutoCorrection. At "With," be ...

Outlook Always Opens Word Attachments In Read Layout.
Please excuse the cross posting since I don't really know whether Outlook is the cause or Microsoft word. Current configuration: Microsoft Outlook 2003 11.6359.6400 SP1 Microsoft Word 2003 11.6502.6408 SP1 Windows XP Professional SP2. To my knowledge, all updates are installed with no known problems. Username has computer administrator level access. No known security software or add-ins installed. Outlook always opens Microsoft Word attachments in the reading layout. If I close Outlook, close and exit any instance of Microsoft Word and then uncheck "Allow Starting in Reading La...

Excel (XP) fault with Visio 2000
One of our users has Win XP Pro with Office XP Pro. He upgraded from Visio Standard 5 to Visio 2000 today and since doing so has had problems with his Office suite. When he tries to open Excel he gets the warning "Compile error in hidden module: this workbook". He can OK this message and use Excel but Access does not work at all (no messages). Outlook and Word seem to be fine so it seems to be a problem with VBA. I have trawled through the MS knowledge base and cannot find a match for this issue. A lot of similar things but the fixes for those did not work either. I can ...

MICROSOFT PUBLISHER 2002 #6
I have windows xp/serive pac 2.aprox 6 months ago began receiving "pop-up window- windows installer-The feature u r trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk not available-Insert publisher 2002, This pop occurs every time i open window,tab,site etc? attempted tp create "Back-up File",would this cause pop up? have had desktop bout 2 years. Did you try a repair? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rlh" <rlh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D525693E-D1...

Word Decides to Not Save Documents
We're having a problem where users will be working on files and Word will just STOP saving changes. A user will work for an hour updating a document and will click the save button. After clicking save, they get no error, everything looks fine, and they close the document. But the hour worth of changes are not saved and the Modified Date doesn't change. If the SAME user double clicks and opens the file they see their changes but if someone else opens the file they get the old version. Sometimes if they just close all their open word documents the changes will be flushed a...

Emailing and Mail Merge From Outlook Using Word
I'm using Outlook and Word 2003. I start my mail merge in Outlook using the "Mail Merge Contacts" dialog (select contact, existing file and merge to email). The first question I have is there anyway for the "Message subject line" in the "Mail Merge Contacts" dialog from within Outlook to remember what the last subject was that I typed in? I don't use a permanent file. It doesn't seem to remember the subject from merge to merge. The second question I have is I select the "Merge to E-mail" option from the merge toolbar in Word. It does ca...

Check box help in Word 2007
I have inserted check boxes into a document using the Check Box form field. The user has to go through the document, checking the boxes that apply in a particular client's situation, so it's different every time. I cannot lock the document because it is set up for a merge. Other than having to double click on the check box, then click checked, then click OK (phew!), is there a shortcut, a faster way to do check/uncheck these boxes? I seem to remember (perhaps it was an older version) that a simple double click used to check or uncheck the box. Which makes a lot more ...

can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word
I want to merge data from an excel database to an excel spreadsheet. Is that possible? What? An excel database? No such thing :) Excel has workbooks which are a collection of spreadsheets with data stored in a table format with each cell having a unique row and column. Microsoft Access is a database. Did you mean convert an access database into an excel spreadsheet? "kaykayIT" wrote: > I want to merge data from an excel database to an excel spreadsheet. Is that > possible? Hello Pamela, We are currently using an Excel spreadsheet to perform a mail merge in Word....

How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?
Hi, Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document? I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this: YOU: ME: No I can not do that! (happy) Yes you can! And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down the cursor to push it forward. Thanks! N...

Mail Format (Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages)
I've recently installed Outlook 2002 and when I'm trying to send a e-mail with Excel, Word ect by doing FILE SEND TO I've notice that th Mail Recipient is grey out. When I look in Outlook in Mail Format I'v notice that Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages is grey out What can I do to enable this option? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

conversion 06-30-04
Can I convert a .sql file to access? Not easily, and I've never tried. In principle it's possible to parse each SQL statement and convert it into VBA code and Jet SQL statements that Access can execute. In practice, I feel it's probably easier to load the .sql file into a SQL database and then import the tables from there. On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:41:59 -0700, "fafield" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I convert a .sql file to access? -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not by email. ...

Microsoft Money 2006 Database SDK
Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK? I would like to export my Money information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it. The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password) to the Money information. Thanks for any help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. With MoneyLink you can get some stuff out, but it leaves great holes. (Classification for one has no place in MoneyLink. The memo in a root transaction, for another, is not visible in MoneyLink.) With careful report creation/export and a lot of work importing the reported (and seri...

SQL Server 2000 Report Pack for Microsoft CRM
Dear All, I am a little bit confused; MS released (some time ago) the SQL Server 2000 Report Pack for Microsoft CRM. I think this reporting pack queries directly on the CRM SQL database. But MS always states that querying the CRM SQL database is neither adviced nor supported! So use SQL Server 2000 Report Pack for Microsoft CRM or not? Regards, Marcel van den Aker You can make selects directly from the CRM database. Doing updates or inserts is a whole different story. The CRM webservice interface makes things a lot easier. With SQL Server reporting you can have some other difficultie...

Cannot Change Protection With VBA In Word 2007
With Word 2007, I cannot use VBA to permanently change the type of protection applied to a document. VBA changes the protection while the document is opened but once the document is closed the changes are not written to the OOXML on disk. Steps to reproduce: Step 1 Create a new document in Word 2007. Step 2 From the VBA Immediate Window, execute the following statement. ActiveDocument.Protect Password:="MyPassword", NoReset:=True, Type:=wdAllowOnlyComments, UseIRM:=False, EnforceStyleLock:=False Step 3 Verify that the specified protection has been added to the ...

File conversion #2
I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the file? TIA - Dave "Dasco" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:6dotv5F3m1sbU1@mid.individual.net... >I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and >although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File >conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the ...

Auto date conversion
I am trying to type the number 1-2130 into an Excel spreadsheet, but it automatically turns it into Jan-30 every time. I've looked all over for a way to disable it, does anybody know which option toggles this automatic correction? It happens in both Excel 2003 and 2007. Aaron Preformat the cell as Text, or put an apostrophe (') as the first character of your entry to bypass XL's input parser. There's no toggle, it's just the way the parser operates. In article <evmxazigHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Aaron Stamboulieh" <flamemoth@newsgroup.no...

Conversion Problem
I know that the Subject might be a little off, but here's my issue. I am importing data from a spreadsheet into an Access database. In this particular column of data, the data looks like this: 911B00, 91FT20, 911000, 91E000. My issue is that when I import that column if data, for some reason it takes the records with a "E" (like 911E00) and displays them as exponential numbers and displays "9.10E+01" - how can I prevent Access from doing that - or what function can a put in a query to fix that? On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:50:51 -0800 (PST), Commish <mark.wolv...

My Microsoft Outlook doesn't work
I can't send any news article from MSN because my computer can"t start Microsoft Outlook. It tells me the .DLL dile for the information couldn't be found. It tells me that MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. It tells me to be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Well, I'm not sure if my Microsoft Outlook is installed and configured correctly. I may need serious technical assistance on this issue. AND YES I DO HAVE THE MIRCOSOFT OUTLOOK ICON ON MY COMPUTER. Are you using outlook as your default news client? If so, which ver...

why my Excel attachment to email opens with Word?
How can I change the file format that opens my email attachment? I have tried to change it under My Computer, Tools, File Options and it does not work. aj <aj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change the file format that opens my email attachment? I > have tried to change it under My Computer, Tools, File Options and it > does not work. Describe exactly how you "tried" to change it. That's the only place that controls which apps open which file types. -- Brian Tillman I have not changed anything. For some reason, the PC changed the configuer...