master

What is meant by master and master shorcut in Microsoft Visio?
0
Fathima (1)
3/17/2006 6:05:46 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A Master is a shape definition.  It stores all the information about a
shape: it's geometry, text, behaviors, formatting, custom properties, etc.
It also stores the icon you see in the Shapes window.  When you open a
drawing and see shapes in the Shapes window, you are looking at Masters.
You can drag a Master onto the drawing to create a Shape instance.

The difference between a Master and a Shape is not that important to most
users, and we often refer to both items as shapes.  If you begin to create
your own shapes, Masters are important.  You can make a change to a Master
and all its Shape instances in your drawing will update too.  This is a good
way to maintain consistency in the drawing.  Masters are also an efficient
way to minimize file size and increase performance.  By using Masters, each
Shape instance only has to remember the properties that are unique (such as
its position on the page).  Everything else is stored once in the Master.

Master Shortcuts are very similar to file shortcuts in Windows.  A Master
Shortcut can be found in the Shapes window, and it has an icon.  But the
Shortcut refers to another Master.  When you drag a Master Shortcut onto the
drawing, Visio finds the Master that the Shortcut refers to and creates a
Shape instance of that Master.  Shortcuts are used with the Shape Search
feature.  The results from a search are a bunch of Shortcuts.  If you drag
one into the drawing, Visio downloads the Master and uses it.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"Fathima" <Fathima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is meant by master and master shorcut in Microsoft Visio?

0
marknel (439)

MS Publisher: How to change master pages w/o opening the master?
I have numerous different master pages that work in all of my documents. I would like to change master pages in a document without having to open the master page. Is there any kind of shortcut keys. Cuttently I have to hit "ctrl m" then close the master to get the "apply master page" window open to change masters. Doesn't the Master Page task pane open? Right-click the toolbar, customize, view, drag the Master Page to the toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JimO" <JimO@d...

Master Post - Financial Series
Hello, we have Post TO GL so after posting in the sub series, there are batches in the Financial series that need to be posted. But how do I view the transactions that make up those batches? When I mark / unmark a line and click the Batch ID hyperlink then the Transaction button, it doesn't display any transactions. What is the best way to review the transactions that make up a batch in Master Post - Financial Series? Thanks, MP MP, The same Batch Entry window opens from Master Posting as from any other area in GP. When you click on the Transactions button, you have ...

Update Master Project
Hello, I have two Projects located in the same folder. They are named Master and KTR Updates. Is it possible to use vba to update the master Project with updates from the KTR Updates project? Each week I receive a new KTR updates project from KTR production. I've queried this group for this issue but was not able to locate one. Updates could possibly include updates in progress(% compl), start, finish, actual start, actual finish. Updates may also have completed tasks removed from the KTR updates Project as well as new tasks added. I'm primarily interested in acq...

MS CRM Install & Config Master Certification
I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master Certification".... I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server) Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6 exams to get this certification... I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply until now... Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many exams did you take??? regards, Antoni...

master template
Hi, I believe there is a way to do this but it's been quite a while since I've had to do anything like it. Is there a way to create one template datasheet as a 'master' sheet and then have several copies of the master. Whatever changes occur in the master will flow into the copies? Thanks Derek It really depends on *exactly* what your meaning of "copies" is. If you're talking about opening a 'copy' of the template, adding data and/or calculating, then *saving* under a different name in a pertinent (read other then template folder), AFAIK, the an...

how to print a master sheet together with another sheet
i need to print a master sheet with a result sheet it is in the same workbook but on a different sheet but i need to print them on one sheet ...

master
What is meant by master and master shorcut in Microsoft Visio? A Master is a shape definition. It stores all the information about a shape: it's geometry, text, behaviors, formatting, custom properties, etc. It also stores the icon you see in the Shapes window. When you open a drawing and see shapes in the Shapes window, you are looking at Masters. You can drag a Master onto the drawing to create a Shape instance. The difference between a Master and a Shape is not that important to most users, and we often refer to both items as shapes. If you begin to create your own shapes, M...

convert slide master to title master
Hello, I am moving slides between decks, and the slide and title master have become "disconnected". I have two slide masters, and no title master. Is there a way to reconnect them without having to build the title again? Which version of PPT are you using? If it's 2003, you might just want to add a title master to the 2nd slide master (which is really your title master, right?). It should look pretty similar to the slide master, so maybe you don't have to rebuild so much. Then go to Format | Slide Design and choose the 2nd slide master -- right-click it ...

Control of Customer/ Vendor Masters
Hi, This is a query regarding control of Customer/ Vendor Masters. We are using GP 7.50. After creation of a customer/ vendor master, you cannot alter the key field which in this case is the customer/ vendor number. However you can change the name of the customer/vendor in the card. We have given rights to a staffer to create new customers, but she now has the rights to change the names of existing customers. This was not the intention. Is there a way to allow her to create new customer, but prevent alteration of old customer cards? Thanks in advance Carl Field level security might...

Master pages #4
Trying to get images I've placed on one page to NOT show up on other pages of my site. I've selected ignore master page but only after I added photos. Now all photos show up on every page - don't want that. Please don't tell me I'll have to delete, reselect ignore master page, and then rebuild the page... By the way, the web is up and the page was already built. I just went back in to add more photos to an existing page. Sorry to say, the general wisdom is to not use master pages at all in a Publisher web. This is one example of those DTP features that is great for p...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...

Master SID problems
I seem to have an Exchange/AD problem with new user accounts 2 Win 2000 DC's, 1 Exch 2003 SP1 on Win 2003 in Native mode when I create a new user they never get configured with an e-mail address nor does a mailbox appear on the Exch server. When I try configuring Outlook to access his mailbox it states that Exchange cannot find the user in the address list. Here is what I get in the Exchange servers log: vent Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 11/3/2005 Time: 10:34:26 AM User: N/A Computer: CADUCEUS Description: Failed to read at...

Master File Setup blunder
We accidently setup a Location Code and named it '69Mack'. It should have been named '66Mack'. Besides the Site, we are using the BSSI Multi-Facility product and have the Facilities called '69Mack'. Is there a way to query the GP Database and find all the instances of '69Mack'? I am trying to determine if it would be better to start from scratch or just write an update statement changing th 69 to 66? Thanks -- Craig I agree someone was listening to something. We do own the PSTL software and now that you mention it I recall seeing the Site Modifie...

Link slide layout master to Top slide master 2007
Okay, so I change the title and content master footer to the color red then I changed it back to black and went to the top slide master and changed the footer text to red (to affect all the slides) and it affected all but the title and content slide... How do I relink the title and content master to be controled by the top master instead of taking precidence over it.. THANK YOU ...

How can I refresh the master form from a subform?
Hello. On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am doing. Can you help me with this? Thanks. Iram Iram wrote: >On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I >have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am >doing. Try using: Parent.Requery -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Master project not working
I'm fairly new to Project (2003). I am trying to set up a summary report for a client also new to Project. I followed the instructions to insert a project file in another project, and that works, but the changes are not propagated between the subproject and the master project, even if I close and reload either or both. I tried it with the "link" checkbox checked and unchecked; neither worked. Also, I am using mostly non-standard fields for now (e.g. Number1, Text5, Cost2, etc). None of those fields appear to be getting linked or copied. I'm sure I tried it a c...

Slide ~Masters
Hi hope some one can help I set up a Slide master for a PPT 2007 Presentation and had someone else create the sides. I am not sure how, but they seem to have created 155 slides without any one them having the slide master used. Is there any way that I can retrospectively apply the slide master to these slides. I have looked in Help but done seem to be able to see how to so this. Thanks Alex I'm assuming that when you created your Slide Masters, you saved it as a template. If so then it is just a matter of applying your template to the slides. -- Michael Koern...

change a slide to be based on slide master not title master?
I have a presentation where all slides are based on Title Master. I want to change some of them to be based on Slide Master instead but can't find a way to do this. PowerPoint 2007 Try this:- Home tab / Slides group / click on drop down arrow in New Slide / in here you should find a whole variety of different slide types just click the one that you want and it will get inserted into your Presentation. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "cwboll" wrote: > I have a presentation where all slides are based on Title Master. I want...

Recond Notes Master Table Not Linking to Customer Master Table Que
I am using Microsoft Dynamics 10.0 sample company TWO (Fabrikam, Inc) with M/S SQL Server 2005 to test a modification for a report. Basically all I need to do is show the Notes that were attached to the customer card on a receivables aging report ... pretty simply. Just add the "Record Notes Master" table to the tables for the report and drag the field into the desired section of the report. Problem is ... the "Record Notes Master" table never shows up as being available to link up to the Customer Master table even though the note has been added to the customer...

Setting the value of a Master page's control's property using a property of the Master page
I have a Master page that contains a custom property, defined as follows: Public Property SelectedNavigationID() As String Get Return Me.leftnavNavigation.SelectedNavigationID End Get Set(ByVal value As String) Me.leftnavNavigation.SelectedNavigationID = value End Set End Property As you can see, this property is used to set the value of a property of one of the Master page's Controls. I set the property from the Content page as follows: Private Sub Page_PreInit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreInit Me.Master.SelectedN...

Master behavior
Is it possible to define the Master's behavior on the fly. I mean can I delegate a method to the double-click event of a master ? Thank you very much in advance. You can normally, but not (I believe) if you are using the Drawing Control. "genc ymeri" <genc_ymeri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%234w301JAEHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to define the Master's behavior on the fly. I mean can I > delegate a method to the double-click event of a master ? > > > > Thank you very much in advance. > > Yes, I'm using a Vi...

Link Template or Master Page
I have about 70 different brochures to create from a tri-folded, letter sized, duplex printed sheet of paper. Many of the elements are identical. This seemed to be the perfect place for a template, which I then created. About twenty brochures into the project, we decided that some of the wording in a text box listing services offered which is in the template should be changed. Unfortunately, this requires that these changes be made to each of the 20+ brochures that have been created. This was not my intent. What I wished to create is a common template (or a Master Page) which coul...

Copying outbound mail to master mailbox
I have a customer that has requested that all inbound and outbound messages be copied to a master mailbox, as well as the intended recipient. They are running Exchange 5.5. I have all ready configured it so that inbound messages are being forwarded to the appropriate mailbox, but I cannot find a way to forward outbound messages. Has anyone done this before? If so could you lend me a few hints to the right direction? Thank you greatly :-) jloffler It's called Message Journaling. Quite straight forward to set up. See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;2...

Vendor Master Summary
Bonjour! At year end, the Business Office didn't do the payables year end procedure, so they say that the Vendor Master Summary (PM00201), is there a procedure or else, that I could run that would affect and update only that table?? Regards, Joel :) I didn't quite get your question. what exactly do you want to update in the PM00201? Regards, Rheiner "Joe" wrote: > Bonjour! > At year end, the Business Office didn't do the payables year end procedure, > so they say that the Vendor Master Summary (PM00201), is there a procedure or > e...

Printing from a Master page
I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. Anyone know how to correct that? Might think about a printer driver update. Is this only happening on one publication? What version Publisher? Not sure I understand what is happening. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sherlynn" <sherLynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169A241-2AE6-4DD7-A932-E5432A55C777@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. > Anyone...