Locating Visio 2003 Addons

I'm new to Visio 2003. I want to make use of the solution suggested for
"Automatically Setting Shape Color By Data Values In Visio Diagrams"
seen in Visio Help.

The solution makes reference to an addon 'Building Plan' to give access to
the 'Color By Values' functionality.

When I look at Tools>Add-Ons I only see
  "Organization Chart" and "Visio Extras" ... no sign of "Building Plans"

Do I have to download the add-on from somehwhere?
Should I be able to find it on my Visio software disk?

Thanks
DrBob

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Don't know what version you are at. Often the answer is over here

http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/editions.mspx

Al
"DrBob UK" <brightred1a-msdiscuss@yahoo.co.uk.nospamthanks> wrote in message
> I'm new to Visio 2003. I want to make use of the solution suggested for
> "Automatically Setting Shape Color By Data Values In Visio Diagrams"
> seen in Visio Help.
>
> The solution makes reference to an addon 'Building Plan' to give access to
> the 'Color By Values' functionality.
>
> When I look at Tools>Add-Ons I only see
>  "Organization Chart" and "Visio Extras" ... no sign of "Building Plans"
>
> Do I have to download the add-on from somehwhere?
> Should I be able to find it on my Visio software disk?
>
> Thanks
> DrBob

0
edlund1 (616)
12/19/2004 3:39:50 PM
Al is referring to flavour of Visio. Visio 2003 has two main flavours;
Standard and Professional. The building stencils are in the Professional
version.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
"DrBob UK" <brightred1a-msdiscuss@yahoo.co.uk.nospamthanks> wrote in message
> I'm new to Visio 2003. I want to make use of the solution suggested for
> "Automatically Setting Shape Color By Data Values In Visio Diagrams"
> seen in Visio Help.
>
> The solution makes reference to an addon 'Building Plan' to give access to
> the 'Color By Values' functionality.
>
> When I look at Tools>Add-Ons I only see
>  "Organization Chart" and "Visio Extras" ... no sign of "Building Plans"
>
> Do I have to download the add-on from somehwhere?
> Should I be able to find it on my Visio software disk?
>
> Thanks
> DrBob

0
lancucki (505)
12/19/2004 9:53:27 PM
I have Standard edition Visio 2003.
The article I saw was at:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA010779991033.aspx
and said it applied to Visio 2003 (no mention of 'flavour').
I'm a little confused, the article refers to an 'add on', your post refers
to 'templates' are they teh same thing?

Summarising, if I only have access to Visio 2003, does that mean I can't use
the 'building plans' add on suggested in the office.microsoft.com article?

Thanks
DrBob

"John Marshall, MVP" wrote:

> Al is referring to flavour of Visio. Visio 2003 has two main flavours;
> Standard and Professional. The building stencils are in the Professional
> version.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> "DrBob UK" <brightred1a-msdiscuss@yahoo.co.uk.nospamthanks> wrote in message
> > I'm new to Visio 2003. I want to make use of the solution suggested for
> > "Automatically Setting Shape Color By Data Values In Visio Diagrams"
> > seen in Visio Help.
> >
> > The solution makes reference to an addon 'Building Plan' to give access to
> > the 'Color By Values' functionality.
> >
> > When I look at Tools>Add-Ons I only see
> >  "Organization Chart" and "Visio Extras" ... no sign of "Building Plans"
> >
> > Do I have to download the add-on from somehwhere?
> > Should I be able to find it on my Visio software disk?
> >
> > Thanks
> > DrBob

the 'addon' or smart template for building plans is a professional version
feature....
>I have Standard edition Visio 2003.
> The article I saw was at:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA010779991033.aspx
> and said it applied to Visio 2003 (no mention of 'flavour').
> I'm a little confused, the article refers to an 'add on', your post refers
> to 'templates' are they teh same thing?
>
> Summarising, if I only have access to Visio 2003, does that mean I can't
> use
> the 'building plans' add on suggested in the office.microsoft.com article?
>
> Thanks
> DrBob
>
> "John Marshall, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Al is referring to flavour of Visio. Visio 2003 has two main flavours;
>> Standard and Professional. The building stencils are in the Professional
>> version.
>>
>> John...    Visio MVP
>>
>> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
>> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
>> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
>> "DrBob UK" <brightred1a-msdiscuss@yahoo.co.uk.nospamthanks> wrote in
>> message
>> > I'm new to Visio 2003. I want to make use of the solution suggested for
>> > "Automatically Setting Shape Color By Data Values In Visio Diagrams"
>> > seen in Visio Help.
>> >
>> > The solution makes reference to an addon 'Building Plan' to give access
>> > the 'Color By Values' functionality.
>> >
>> > When I look at Tools>Add-Ons I only see
>> >  "Organization Chart" and "Visio Extras" ... no sign of "Building
>> > Plans"
>> >
>> > Do I have to download the add-on from somehwhere?
>> > Should I be able to find it on my Visio software disk?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > DrBob

0
edlund1 (616)
12/20/2004 8:37:23 PM
Thanks Al,
I have to say I feel rather frustrated that the help facility in my
'standard' version offers me help which is not clearly marked as being for a
different version of the software. This has not only involved me in some
wasted time but has also used some time from John and yourself (at least).
Thanks for your help, maybe MS will think about marking 'Pro only' solutions
as such in their help files and publications.
DrBob

"Al Edlund" wrote:

> the 'addon' or smart template for building plans is a professional version
> feature....
> Al
> "DrBob UK" <brightred1a-msdiscuss@yahoo.co.uk.nospamthanks> wrote in message
> >I have Standard edition Visio 2003.
> > The article I saw was at:
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA010779991033.aspx
> > and said it applied to Visio 2003 (no mention of 'flavour').
> > I'm a little confused, the article refers to an 'add on', your post refers
> > to 'templates' are they teh same thing?
> >
> > Summarising, if I only have access to Visio 2003, does that mean I can't
> > use
> > the 'building plans' add on suggested in the office.microsoft.com article?
> >
> > Thanks
> > DrBob
> >
> > "John Marshall, MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Al is referring to flavour of Visio. Visio 2003 has two main flavours;
> >> Standard and Professional. The building stencils are in the Professional
> >> version.
> >>
> >> John...    Visio MVP
> >>
> >> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> >> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> >> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> >> "DrBob UK" <brightred1a-msdiscuss@yahoo.co.uk.nospamthanks> wrote in
> >> message

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Some address lists may be missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cac
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us The above MS article mentions Outlook 2003 SP1 fixes the issue with regards to some address lists missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode; Problem is we're already running the recommended Service Pack and we still have the problem. Any ideas? Thanks Brett Have you checked permissions on the address list to make sure that people have the rights to view them? Nue "Bretto" <Bretto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC220AA-F13F-474F-B21D-328DB1DD78E1@microsoft.com... > http://support.m...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Gridlines printed in Excel object in Publisher 2002/2003
When I use Publisher 2000 with an Excel object inserted it does not print the cell gridlines no matter what version of Excel is used. If I upgrade Publisher to 2002 or 2003 it suddenly prints the cell gridlines of the embedded Excel worksheet. I have searched TechNet and the Microsoft website, but was unable to find anything on this. (there is no checkmark set to the option to print gridlines in Excel). I would like to upgrade to a newer version of Publisher, but I would like to choose when to print gridlines or not. Thanks for your help. This seems to be a known issue. It's com...

Outlook 2000---->2003
Can I simply import my Outllok 2000 .pst file (pretty big - 12mb) to newly installed copy of Outlook 2003 without problems in order that I can continue with my existing agenda/contacts list? deep thought "Deep Thought" wrote: > Can I simply import my Outllok 2000 .pst file (pretty big - 12mb) to newly > installed copy of Outlook 2003 without problems in order that I can continue > with my existing agenda/contacts list? > > deep thought > > > "Deep Thought" wrote: > Can I simply import my Outllok 2000 .pst file (pretty big - 12...

Extract O'2003 contacts w/o O'2003
I used Outlook 2003 at work, and put my personal contacts on it. I have since been fired from there. I have my .pst file, but my Outlook 2000 won't read it (not surprising). How can I extract my contacts from the Outlook 2003 .pst file if I don't have Outlook 2003 installed on my system? Extracting them to a csv would be fine. Thanks. Michael mflanagan@RemoveThis.MJFlanagan.com <mflanagan@RemoveThis.MJFlanagan.com> wrote: > How can I extract my contacts > from the Outlook 2003 .pst file if I don't have Outlook 2003 installed > on my system? There's no way t...

Exchange 2003 and NDR
Hello A little trouble with NDR configuration. I want to avoid NRD messages to Internet or also to my AD users. I'd like to concentrate all the NDR messages on a postmaster's address. The Exchange 2003 server manages the local domain (AD) and my society's internet domain (@masociete.com) I have cleared the parameter "Allow non-delivery reports " in the Global Settings and add the postmaster address under Under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/Protocols/SMTP. And after, I have restarted Exchange. But it seems to not work. If i send a mail to a...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

XP Pro, x64 & Outlook 2003 Exchange account.
Having bit of a problem with my remote exchange account (RPC over HTTP). After upgrading my machine to XP Pro x64, whenever I go through the Outlook 2003 account set up procedure and enter the details for the Exchange server, it never recognises my username and password, even though they work through Exchnage 2003 WebMail. Click "check name" just produces the same affect. Net result is I can't even get to the Outlook 2003 welcome screen. Any suggestions? Account has Office 2003 SP2 installed. - Jay. What authentication do you have set for your Exchange Account? --� Mill...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Exchange 2003 & SMTP Email
I am running Exchange Server 2003 as my office mail system. However, I also have a Pop3 email account where my domain is hosted. How can I setup Exchange so that when an internal office member sends me email, exchange will always send the email to the external domain address and not my internal exchange address? Ron wrote: > I am running Exchange Server 2003 as my office mail > system. However, I also have a Pop3 email account where my > domain is hosted. Why not host your own mail directly on the server & ditch POP? Much easier all around! > > How can I setup Exc...

Migrating Mailboxes from Exhange 2003 to new Exchange 2003 Server
The current scenario is we have one server with exchange 2003 which currently has all the services, mailboxes, etc on it. We want to move all the services and mailboxes to the new server we just built and get rid of the old one. We are following the "How to remove the first exchange 2003 server computer from the administrative group". My question is, can we do all of the replication steps during the day while users are working and using their mailboxes? And then move mailboxes at night? Or do we need to do replication and move mailboxes when the server is offline? You can do ...

Outlook 2003 mail rules #2
Is it possible to change a rule so that the connection between conditions is OR rather than AND? I'd like to apply the same rule to mail that goes *to* someone or comes *from* them (move it to their folder) This looks fundamentally impossible, as you have to chose upfront whether your rule will handle incoming or outgoing mail, and those choices are mutually exclusive. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Create two rules to move the mail to the same folder - one that acts on outgoing and one that acts on incoming. -- Bill R MVP "S...

How to change color palette in 2007 BACK to 2003 version? #2
My company used Excel 2003 for several years, and relied on setting certain things to certain colors. We routinely used 10-15 of the stock 2003 colors for certain functions. now that we are migrating to 2007, we are very disappointed to find a completely different set of colors! Is there any way we can roll back to the 2003 color palette? I've seen a variety of software packages to create custom colors, etc., but I just want the old palette back! I need blue to be blue (not baby blue!) and green to be green (not pastel green!). It's very frustrating that Microsoft has chosen t...

Outlook version 2003
looking for personal folder on USB stick which was deleted. I had a personal folder for Outlook stored on my USB stick. This worked fine. I deleted the folder from USB stick as no longer needed. I forgot to delete the folder from Outlook on my computer. Everytime I open Outlook it asks for the password to this missing file. Can I stop this happening? The message for password keeps popping up. I've tried going into 'properties' but get the above error message when selecting 'advanced'. Please help. Use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel to modify your Outl...

Visio help files go missing
I am experiencing an annoying problem with the Help files. I go into the Help files and only see information on the Contents tab. The Answer Wizard and Index tabs are there, but there is nothing showing on them. The Detect and Repair feature can be used to restore the missing information on the 2 tabs. Can anyone help in identifying why the information goes AWOL ? TIA John. John, > I am experiencing an annoying problem with the Help > files. I go into the Help files and only see information > on the Contents tab. The Answer Wizard and Index tabs are > there, but the...

Exchange 2003 and NDR 4.4.7 message
Up until yesterday, we could send mail out with out trouble, but now we seem to be able to send mail out to only some destinations. For instance, if I send a test message to my home domain it arrives but send on to by yahoo acount and nothing happens. I have looked at the server exchange manager and see no sign of a que for the yahoo emails, but if I'm quick enough I do see the others. This selective behaviour extends to clients email address' that we have been using for a long time with out trouble. This morning we received a long list of NDR 4.4.7 messages to say emails had ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003 working find against an outlook 2002 client. However, I cannot get it working against the outlook 2003 client. I am running Outlook 2003 Beta 2 with the latest refresh. The error I get is it cannot find the Exchange Server. Outlook Web client works fine. The Outlook 2002 client works fine. Any possible hints to look for? Thanks Can you ping the exchange server by name? Have you tried using a Hosts file? Delete and recreate the profile? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archiv...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Message Rules in Outlook 2003
Despite using Norton Security (ugh!), a friend's computer was damaged by a virus. He sought assistance from a local repairer, who re-formatted the HDD and re-installed Windows XP(SP2) with IE6. The repairer has also reinstalled Office 2003 (from my friend's original disks). There is only one User Account [Alan Surname] on my friend's computer. He uses Outlook 2003 as his default email program. His email service provider is fsnet.co.uk, which has been taken over by Orange. The address of the POP3 mail server is pop.orangehome.co.uk and the adddress of the smtp server is s...

Missing tooltips with published Visio file
Hi, I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. Adding text to the description field when entering a hyperlink usefully provides that text as a tooltip within Visio. However when it is published to a web page the tooltip either just says "Click to follow hyperlink" or if there is text in the shape you are linking from, it repeats that text (not helpful because the user can see that anyway) plus say "Click to follow hyperlink". Is there any way you can get the description text to show? TIA Mike Hi Mike, One option to get description text to show up as part of the webpage outpu...

switch between xp and 2003
I have Access XP and Access 2003 installed on my pc. Is there an easy way to switch between the different versions? At the moment all applications default to using Access 2003. Try Accver from http://www.aylott.com.au/software.htm On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 04:07:02 -0700, jez123456 <jez123456@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Access XP and Access 2003 installed on my pc. >Is there an easy way to switch between the different versions? >At the moment all applications default to using Access 2003. -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not b...

Exchange 2003 and NAS
I'm trying to redirect my Exchange 2003 DB to a mapped drive on my Exchange Server. The mapped drive is a directory on a NAS device. Microsoft says that NAS is supported in Exchange 2003 but, when I point to the mapped drive as the location for my DB, I get an error message saying that mapped drives are not supported. What am I doing wrong? How do I enable NAS support in Exchange 2003? Thanks. Hi, DaiTauHa wrote: > I'm trying to redirect my Exchange 2003 DB to a mapped drive on my > Exchange Server. The mapped drive is a directory on a NAS device. > > Microsoft s...