Hyperlinks into VISIO page

While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another visio
file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing) the
html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of document
(like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be open
to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for creating
this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't seem
to work for VISIO? Thank you.
(and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no
answer - this is the third hour in last year I have had a need to figure this
out, and gave up the other two times).
0
CIMpleBS (2)
8/11/2005 7:29:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

does #bookmark if you enter it in the sub-address?

--

Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

"CIMpleBS" <CIMpleBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another
> visio
> file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing)
> the
> html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of
> document
> (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be
> open
> to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for
> creating
> this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't
> seem
> to work for VISIO? Thank you.
> (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no
> answer - this is the third hour in last year I have had a need to figure
> this
> out, and gave up the other two times).

0
visioguy8694 (102)
8/12/2005 9:36:31 AM
Using Visio 2002 SR-1 and IE 6.0 linking from inside another visio file
putting the page name in the subaddress works fine by using the Browse button
(I don't know what it is inserting in the actual xml or html link, which is
the key).  The subaddress browse feature does not come up in WORD when
accessing a visio file through hyperlink insertion, for some reason. The
problem is I can't find the actual tag syntax. If the visio is saved as html,
the HTML hyperlink reverts to defaulting to opening the linked file based on
last save, not the desired page. If I add the pagename to the html tag <A
href="filename.vsd#pagename>Linkname</A>, the link doesn't find the file at
all. This is the proper and effective format for linking to bookmarks in
other microsoft applications. If I remove the #pagename, again I get the file
but opens to the page as saved. I know it's possible or it wouldn't work from
visio to visio, but I can't get the proper tag command (unless it is an IE
problem?). Each visio file contains many layers (pages) of elaboration, and
it's not practical to break them into separate files for navigation purposes
due to version controls on these critical data flow diagrams, which are
providing requirements documentation for large software development projects.
Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. I'm confused as there
are many referencecs related to visio hyperlinks on the web, but all of them
are related to links out of visio while none relate to links into visio
documents except from other visio documents! Unidirectional navigation is
useless. Thanks for the quick response.

"Chris Roth [ Visio MVP ]" wrote:

> does #bookmark if you enter it in the sub-address?
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Chris Roth
> Visio MVP
>

> "CIMpleBS" <CIMpleBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another
> > visio
> > file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing)
> > the
> > html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of
> > document
> > (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be
> > open
> > to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for
> > creating
> > this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't
> > seem
> > to work for VISIO? Thank you.
> > (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no
> > answer - this is the third hour in last year I have had a need to figure
> > this
> > out, and gave up the other two times).

0
CIMpleBS (2)

Load Last Page
I know you can "load first page" In CRM. Is there a way to Load LAST page instead of having to load each page? thank you The easiest way is changing the sort order (click on the appropriate column header). This then displays the "last" page. It's not exactly the same though. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6243B5ED-9377-49CD-8CB3-9E84F1BAE5FA@microsoft.com... >I ...

slow moving calculations between pages
I am working on a file (13.2 MB) with about 20K lines per tab (4 tabs and several vlookups. When I enter new data on my "inputs" page, th related calculations on the next page take 30 sec + to update. Wha can I do to to speed up the file? I've made some attempts to reduc the size, but my efforts seem to be in vain. PLEASE HELP...thanks! Abby: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, go to Tools/Options/Calculations tab. change from automatic to manual calculations. then Excel will only calculate all those relationships when you hit F9. jeff >-----Origin...

excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally
hi I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally the other word pages are vertical thank you amandio c Hi Amandio See reply in public.fr.excel Cordially Pascal "AC" <mail@amandioc.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 42883e1a$0$25089$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > hi > I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally > the other word pages are vertical > thank you > > amandio c > > ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Embedding outlook elements in a web page
Hi, I am currently doing some development for a corporate portal and I have a couple of questions about embedding outlook in a portlet. The solution I have found is to use the outlook view activex control in the portlet, but this doesnt really give me what I need. What I would like is to have kind of a summary showing emailaddress, number of unread messages in the inbox, number of open tasks, etc for the logged on user. The activex control only gives me the entire view of the inbox, calendar, etc. So, can the outlook view control be used to show a summary, like Outlook Today, on a webpage or ...

Page Numbering #4
I need to do page numbering on my worksheet so I can create a document where 2 facing pages of a sprial bound book will read...left side 2 and the right side 2A. Please advise.... "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7885F161-FA05-4891-9174-9935E2253A6C@microsoft.com... > I need to do page numbering on my worksheet so I can create a document where 2 facing pages of a sprial bound book will read...left side 2 and the right side 2A. Please advise.... This is not possible in Excel. Dear Amy As far as I am aware, this can't be done in ...

Front Page Extensions Publiser 2003
I have developed a web site using Publisher 2003 with a form area that is to gather RSVP data. I have my site hosted with godaddy with Front Page Extensions Turned on, but it does not work. Now Godaddy says that the site must be developed with MS FRONT PAGE, however, MS Publisher States it supports Front Page Extensions. Any guidence would be appreciated. First of all confirm that the FPSE are indeed installed. Test as per the instructions in reference: Publisher web publication forms 101: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx Then, did you ever use FTP uploadi...

Is it possible to digital sign a Visio drawing ?
Is it possible to attach a digital signature to a Visio drawing ? I would like to do something that is more like the PDF doc files that are digitally signed and protected. Is this possible ? I have been considered exporting the drawing in PDF and finally applying the signature and the protection. However, I would like to have a Visio based solution for this question. Thank you Cristian Visio does not currently have this capability. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Chris" <donotreply...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Print Preview different from Page Break View
Hi all, i have a excel form which i can see all the contents when it's in the normal page break view but when i preview the form, the right part of the form cannot be seen. The printout is the same as the print preview. Why is there a discrepanices between the page break view and the print preview? I ve checked, both the page setup for the excel file and printer setttings are the same. Is this a bug in Excel 2000? How can i make the print preview the same as normal page break view? Thanks in advance. ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

how can i get my pages to load faster.
one that has dail up my pages will not load up DSL or CABLE MODEM load good whot can I do. Depends on the version and what level of service packs you've loaded. Most advice can be found at www.publishermvps.com David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "willie" <willie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A340543-8120-4BDE-A32D-3BE696CD538D@microsoft.com... > one that has dail up my pages will not load up DSL or CABLE MODEM load > good > whot can I do. Images are one of the main problems with pages running slow,...

Page Footer
I built a report that has a page footer. In the page footer I have a long horizontal line and 2 short vertical lines, looks like this |__________________| - basically when it prints, it looks like the data is in a box. In the report section, the page footer has "Not with Rpt Ftr". I have a problem if I have less than 39 records, this vertical line is pushed down an inch past the last records. Looks like this: | ZAR 0 0 N | |________________________________________________| It works fine if I...

BOTH Date AND page Number in header
How do I put both a date on the left and the page numbers on the right in a header? Every time I put one in the other one is deleted. For left-aligned and right-aligned text to "co-exist" in the same line of text, you would have to use a right-aligned tab stop. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jimbo" <Jimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB10C5C1-DC19-4AAA-A2F4-3D1BD3A83F5E@microsoft.com... > How do I put both a date on the left and the page numbers on the right in > a header? Every time I put one in the other one is d...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

checking other pages and workbooks for repeating numbers?
How do I check to see if a number has already been used in another workbook or on another page? Such as (j11=7pfo1by) is billable area and (k11=54635) is billable item this can only be billed once and I would like for excel to check the entire weekly workbook and other workbooks for this specific set of numbers. If I type them in it would tell me that set of numbers have already been used. Both sets of numbers must be the same I could have the same item number in another billiable area but I will not have the same item and aera twice. ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Reverse Engineer from Visio 2007 then got Visual Studio 2003 encou
Ciao , Whenever I try to convert my VC++ project source code to UML digram by clicking Project -> Visio UML -> Reverse Engineer menu, I get the same result -- the Visual Studio 2003 encounters runtime error and needs to be closed. I'm using following configration Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Version 7.1.3052 with Net framework 1.1 version 1.1.4322 SP1 Visio 2007 Trial (12.0.4518.1014). Microsoft Office 2003 (11.5604.6558) Windows XP Professional ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Please advise. Yogesh Kumar Dhiman Engineer (OSS R&D Team) XIU...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Hey, what's the URL to that IEEE floating-point number page?
You know, the one people post when someone doesn't understand why 22 / 10 yields 2.2000000000000000000001 instead of 2.2. Jeff Johnson wrote: > You know, the one people post when someone doesn't understand why 22 / 10 > yields 2.2000000000000000000001 instead of 2.2. > > Goldberg, I presume you mean??? <http://docs.sun.com/source/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html> -- Hello, > You know, the one people post when someone doesn't understand why 22 / 10 > yields 2.2000000000000000000001 instead of 2.2. You could try : http://en.wikiped...

Stopping blank page printing
Hiya, my charts are causing bother again! This time pertains to printing. I have a bunch of stacked charts, eac with visible contents that'll fit on a single-width page. Th chartarea, however, has to (by coding imperative) cross the vertica pagebreak, but the bit outside never has any visible material in. Yo can see this situation here, with one of the chartareas highlighted: '[image http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3558/graphpageoverlaphe3.th.png] (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphpageoverlaphe3.png) Now, this causes Excel, when printing, to feed out a bunch of blan ...