Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #3

I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to
show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed
view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram.  I know
how to hyperlink to other file.

My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram
so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams?
0
JPK (3)
2/9/2009 2:17:01 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Making comments apply to more than one cell
I'm trying to create a comment that relates to more than one cell. (One comment has two different arrows pointing to two different cells.) Does anyone know if this is possible? Evelyn, Comments are on a single cell basis. You can copy a cell with a comment, and pasting it to a new cell will retain the comment, but that new comment is still a separate comment. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Evelyn" <Evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74CDCFEE-8021-4D88-BE88-1198221986E7@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a comment that relates to more than...

Garnish Codes not "talking" to one another when setting max deduct
We have a couple employee who have more than one garnishment coming out of their paycheck. The total of these garnishments cannot be greater than 50% of net disposable income (gross pay minus required withholding taxes) by state law. However when using more than one garnishment code, they don't "talk" to one another such that the total of the two garnishment stops at 50%. So a person may be garnished more than 50% of their disposable income. I see at least one other person has had this problem; is anyone aware of an efficient work-around and/or a way to do it in the sys...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Autofilter from one sheet to another?
Hi, I have data that I dump into Excel through Microsoft Query. The data generally looks like this (in columns), in a sheet called Data_Dump: Date Stock_Name Return 3/31/06 Stock A .05 3/31/06 Stock B .04 2/28/06 Stock A .03 2/28/06 Stock B .02 etc. On a second sheet, Analysis, the user would have a pulldown (combo box form), with all the stock names to pick -- based on the Stock_Name column in Data_Dump, but not duplicates of the same stock name. This is similar to...

move data in one form to another after calculation
OK, this is what I have. I have a main form that I put patient info into. On that form I have a button that brings up a 2nd form for weight conversion. The 2nd form consists of 2 fields and a return button to go back to the main screen. I have the conversion working, but not the moving of data from the 2nd form back to the first form. I have tried adding ' [Forms]![Patient]![BirthWeight] = [Text1] / 2.2046244' to the afterupdate action on the 2nd form 1st field. This alas does not work. TIA I'm not understanding why you need a second form. I'm not clear what you want to...

Excel Closes all open excel files when I close one
If I double-click 3 different .xls files to open 3 different excel applictions, I find that they all close at the some time when I close one of the windows. I am closing the windows by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner. I am using Excel 2002 sp2. ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

one advantage to '05
You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall being able to do that in the past with '04. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL See the following link though for some problems observed while working during an online update. http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm Have you experienced any of this Chris? Regards, JB >-----Original Message----- >You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, >even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall...

Spam email going to one user
Hi, A user has been complaining of getting junk email that are not addressed to her but in the TO field is addressed to random addresses. For example: 34dfgj$3@domain.com, 450ug*$%@domain.com ... etc. PLease help because I'm a novice at Exchange and don't know why she's the only one getting this. How do I fix this? Thanks. What product are you using for anti-spam? On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:59:19 -0700, "Geeo" <huypham98@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >A user has been complaining of getting junk email that are not addressed to >her but in the TO field is addres...

Is it possible to digital sign a Visio drawing ?
Is it possible to attach a digital signature to a Visio drawing ? I would like to do something that is more like the PDF doc files that are digitally signed and protected. Is this possible ? I have been considered exporting the drawing in PDF and finally applying the signature and the protection. However, I would like to have a Visio based solution for this question. Thank you Cristian Visio does not currently have this capability. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Chris" <donotreply...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Extracting Data from one workbook to another
I have setup a new worksheet that tracks daily hours and piece counts. I want to have it update to another pre-existing workbook daily, so I can track progression of production for weeks, months, and years. The workbook that already exists for tracking data production is setup to do what i need it to do. However, I don't really know how I can get the information from my work sheet, to automatically update itself into the 2nd workbook. I'm assuming I can somehow use the date on worksheet to link it to the correct date in the 2nd workbook. lemme see if I can reword all this so it's ...

2 forms to one table
(Sorry if this seems a repeat of something else - I appear to have submitted a post with nearly no content) Hi Please can someone advise the best way of doing this... I'm trying to set up a database where two of the text fields are 'recommendation for improvement' and 'recommendations implemented'. Because the number of characters is restrictive, I wanted 'recommendation2' and 'implemented2' fields as well. However, I didn't want those visible all the time. The only ways I could think of to do this were to either have a button which makes the additio...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

One question
Hi, I am just wondering is it posible to create in EXCEL a chart in which x,y doesn t grow excual(I have to put one chart from a book in which walues 1,2,5,100,10000 are the same distance). Please excuse my not knowing english and in advance thank you Hi, Try plotting your y data as a line chart. Then right click the chart, go into Source Data, and enter the range holding your x data as the category labels. Does this show what you want? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296165.aspx ...

Ver 10 SP 3 Inventory Return default GL acc
Hi again I have a GL account on the Item Card next to the 'Inventory Returns' field. I also have the POP accrual account filled in on the Creditor card. (1) If I do a 'POP Inventory' return transaction, the system does not default in a GL account next to the type 'accrual'. (2) If I key in my POP accrual account it accepts it even though I have blocked that account for posting. If I do a normal 'POP Return' transaction it does work fine, but it seems to be broken when I use the 'Inventory' option. Has anyone seen these 2 problems please? Thanks She...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

One person in DL missing attachment
Distribution list with 3 members. 2 members receive mail with attachment, one member receive just the mail, no attachment. Testet with the same maschine, so no client difference. When I forward the mail with attachment from one of the members to my hotmail address, and then forward it back to the DL, the attachment is showing up for all 3 members. Where is the logic??? Anyone has any idea? What mail client is third person using and how are they collecting the items? (IMAP, POP, Exchange transport, .etc) "Oddvar Rusten" <oddvarru@online.no> wrote in message news:uYLuNghTE...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...