How to Return from A Word document back to the Shape were I was.

Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart
diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a
shape and link to that document.  I have problems going
back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the
document.  Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file
(.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that
way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram?

Thanks.
Ely.

0
ely.meza (8)
8/27/2003 3:26:41 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I dont quite understand what you would like to do.
Can you explain further?

Have you tried hyperlinking the shape to the Word document?

--
-ronnie
[MS]

"EMZ" <ely.meza@kbi.state.ks.us> wrote in message
> Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart
> diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a
> shape and link to that document.  I have problems going
> back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the
> document.  Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file
> (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that
> way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram?
>
> Thanks.
> Ely.

0
asdf5464 (91)
8/27/2003 5:15:28 PM
RA,
I am trying to call a MS Word document (link) from a shape
located in a workflow diagram.  The problem that I am
having is that I am able to link from the shape to the MS
Word document but once I am in the document I don&#8217;t have a
way to go back to the workflow diagram where the shape is
located (the shape that I click using the hyperlink).
What can I do to go back to the workflow diagram from the
MS Word document?  When I close the MS Word document it
does not take me back to the workflow diagram.  Do I have
to have the MS Word document inserted in a VISIO page to
be able to add hyperlink buttons to it so I can point back
to the workflow diagram from the MS Word document.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

EMZ.

confers no rights.

>"EMZ" <ely.meza@kbi.state.ks.us> wrote in message
>> Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart
>> diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a
>> shape and link to that document.  I have problems going
>> back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the
>> document.  Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO
file
>> (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that
>> way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Ely.
>>

>.

0
ely.meza (8)
8/27/2003 9:08:57 PM
Try the OLE Link to File functionality

In Visio, click on Insert \ Object
Browse to the Word file and check "Link to File" and ok
It will insert a linked OLE object of the Word file into Visio as a Visio
OLE shape.

You can edit the Word document in Visio and changes will be reflected in the
Word document.
Once the Word document is closed, the window focus will be set back to
Visio.

--

> RA,
> I am trying to call a MS Word document (link) from a shape
> located in a workflow diagram.  The problem that I am
> having is that I am able to link from the shape to the MS
> Word document but once I am in the document I don&#8217;t have a
> way to go back to the workflow diagram where the shape is
> located (the shape that I click using the hyperlink).
> What can I do to go back to the workflow diagram from the
> MS Word document?  When I close the MS Word document it
> does not take me back to the workflow diagram.  Do I have
> to have the MS Word document inserted in a VISIO page to
> be able to add hyperlink buttons to it so I can point back
> to the workflow diagram from the MS Word document.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Thanks.
>
> EMZ.

0
asdf5464 (91)
8/28/2003 12:31:34 AM
Ronnie,
That took care of the problem about returning back to the
shape in the Visio Workflow diagram. However, the document
that I am linking to from the shape (Visio diagram) is a
multi-pages - 14 pages document, and when I implemented
the procedure that you suggested, I could only get the
first page.  Is there any way that I can capture the whole
document.
Thanks,
EMZ.

confers no rights.

>"EMZ" <ely.meza@kbi.state.ks.us> wrote in message
>> RA,
>> I am trying to call a MS Word document (link) from a
shape
>> located in a workflow diagram.  The problem that I am
>> having is that I am able to link from the shape to the
MS
>> Word document but once I am in the document I don&#8217;t
have a
>> way to go back to the workflow diagram where the shape
is
>> located (the shape that I click using the hyperlink).
>> What can I do to go back to the workflow diagram from
the
>> MS Word document?  When I close the MS Word document it
>> does not take me back to the workflow diagram.  Do I
have
>> to have the MS Word document inserted in a VISIO page to
>> be able to add hyperlink buttons to it so I can point
back
>> to the workflow diagram from the MS Word document.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> EMZ.

and
>> confers no rights.
>> >

>> >"EMZ" <ely.meza@kbi.state.ks.us> wrote in message
select a
going
the
>> file
that

>> >.
>> >

>.

0
ely.meza (8)
8/28/2003 2:31:03 PM
Does the Word document open up in a separate instance/window of Word?
Or does the Word document open up within Visio itself?
In either case, it should be possible to just scroll down the Word document
to view the other pages?

Also, try right-clicking the Visio embedded shape and select
1. Linked Document Object and Edit or Open
Try both functions

Do you mean that you want to display all 14 pages on the Visio drawing?

--

> Ronnie,
> That took care of the problem about returning back to the
> shape in the Visio Workflow diagram. However, the document
> that I am linking to from the shape (Visio diagram) is a
> multi-pages - 14 pages document, and when I implemented
> the procedure that you suggested, I could only get the
> first page.  Is there any way that I can capture the whole
> document.
> Thanks,
> EMZ.

0
asdf5464 (91)
8/28/2003 4:58:13 PM
Ronnie,
I appreciate your help.

I need to make it clear to you.
What I am trying to do is, I incorporated a hyperlink
button in the bottom of the workflow diagram.  This button
has the label "Information".  When I click this button I
am supposed to display the first page of the 14 pages Word
document giving more information (text) about the Workflow
diagram.  Now, when the first page of what is supposed to
be a 14 pages Word document is diaplyed, I can only see
the first page, I do not have the way to scroll up/down.
This is after I followed the following steps you suggested:
"Try the OLE Link to File functionality

In Visio, click on Insert \ Object
Browse to the Word file and check "Link to File" and ok
It will insert a linked OLE object of the Word file into
Visio as a Visio OLE shape.

You can edit the Word document in Visio and changes will
be reflected in the Word document.

Once the Word document is closed, the window focus will be
set back to Visio"
After, I did that, I can close the Word document (one
page) and go back to the previous workflow diagram, but I
can not see more than one page of the word document.

I also did your other suggestion:

"Also, try right-clicking the Visio embedded shape and
select 1. Linked Document Object and Edit or Open. Try
both functions"

Yes, it works, but I have to right click the mouse to get
to this.  Is there any way that the first page of the
document shows up and then I can scroll down to see the
rest of the word document without having to right click
the mouse to get to "Edit" or "Open".

Thanks,
EMZ

confers no rights.

>"EMZ" <ely.meza@kbi.state.ks.us> wrote in message
>> Ronnie,
>> That took care of the problem about returning back to
the
>> shape in the Visio Workflow diagram. However, the
document
>> that I am linking to from the shape (Visio diagram) is a
>> multi-pages - 14 pages document, and when I implemented
>> the procedure that you suggested, I could only get the
>> first page.  Is there any way that I can capture the
whole
>> document.
>> Thanks,
>> EMZ.

0
ely.meza (8)

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Sending Email from Word 2000
Each time I select File/Send to/ Mail Recipient, I get the following error message: "Word could not load the email envelope". However, if I choose Send to: "Mail Recipient as Attachment" it works fine. What's going on with this. Thanks in advance!! CLay ...

Is Excel or Word better for holding and searching data
In Microsoft Office 2003 to create a small d ata base for use by staff accustomed to Word and Excel, which is the more useful for (1) easy retrieval of information, and (2) possibly putting onto a web page? I'd definitely use Excel for this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ione" <Ione@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A7500E03-AF10-4D9F-9E56-887DF6E3DE51@microsoft.com... > In Microsoft Office 2003 to create a small d ata base for use by staff > accustomed to Word and Excel, which is the more useful for > (1) easy retrieval of information, and ...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Updating all Fields in Word Document
I need to update all fields in the Word document. I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too. I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas. http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html Thank you -- Regards Jan Kratochvil Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2 Sub UpdateAllFields() Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges oStory.Fields.Update If oStory.StoryType <> wdMainTextStory Then While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing) Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange ...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

change "save location" in MS Word 2007
I wish to change the save location to "my documents." It can't be done. If you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it. If you type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save. Please advise. And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this option. I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful. I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how to do what you're asking. Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Adva...

Store the full path and document name in a hyperlink
Hi I need to create an Access database to track a number of documents that are created and stored during the tendering process. I have created a number of tables with hyperlink fields that will store the information eg Tender proposal document (a Word doc); Tender budget document (an Excel book) and company profiles (pdf) from companies submitting tenders. To create the hyperlink to each of these documents in the form, at the moment I right click, choose Hyperlink, Edit Hyperlink and navigate to the required document and select it. The path and filename is then stored in the field, which is ...

Sending Word Document as an attachement.
I have a word document that I need to send it as an attachment to an XML file. Basically, converting into byte array or using some encoding mechanism. This has to be done through XML serialization in c#. Is it possible to do it through xml serialization ? THanks, --Emily *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! I would convert the Word document into Base64 encoding first. Open the XML Document and insert the Base64 encoded text to the appropriate node. -- Victor Hadianto http://synop.com/Products/SauceReader...

Bring back the FORMULA RESULT BAR in excel
I instruct a excel class and in the 2000 version used the FORMULA RESULT BAR when activated as a tool to keep the students on the correct row until they were acclimated to the grid of the excel worksheet.. it kept them from selecting the wrong row and was a big help.. bring it back or allow it as an option for the user.. thanx ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

I have picture images and need to put them into one document
Hi, I have scanned a contract into Photo Gallery and it is 14 pages long - can I put these pictures into one document to email? You could but that's liable to be a HUGE attachment and it may be too big to email or recieve. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Victoria" <Victoria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD8C99DF-16DA-44E0-BA50-CB1F01D3E6AD@microsoft.com... > Hi, I have scanned a contract into Photo Gallery and it is 14 pages long - > can I put these p...

Pasting Links into Word 2003
When I try to paste a link into Word such as http://microsoft.com it changes to: { HYPERLINK "http://microsoft.com" } and I have to remove the hyperlink to get it to appear as just the text. It used to show the hyperlink as just the text as underlined and changed the color to blue. I like that better. Is there some way to change it back so it shows hyperlinks as underlined text? Thanks -- Justin Press ALT+F9 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Toolbar with Back Button won't appear
When I am online, the toolbar with the back button and the address is gone. The space is vacant. Any ideas? Thank you. hit the F11 key >WT< "Leen3611" <Leen3611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F702400-84CD-44C9-963F-49F94D616F01@microsoft.com... > When I am online, the toolbar with the back button and the address is > gone. > The space is vacant. Any ideas? Thank you. ...

Bringing Word doc into Excel
Need to bring or import a word doc containing tables into excel. How does one go about doing this??? Any help is greatly appreciated ~ Thanks in advance. Select all the cells in the Word Table, copy, and then paste into an Excel spreadsheet. HTH "Gary" wrote: > Need to bring or import a word doc containing tables into > excel. How does one go about doing this??? > > Any help is greatly appreciated ~ Thanks in advance. > ...

inserting multi page Word Document object into publisher
Because of various limits publisher puts on me, I must create a document in Word and insert it into Publisher as an object. My original document is more than one page. How can I insert this Word doc into publisher and have it span the necessary nubmer of pages? Thanks, ~alan Link your text boxes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:O8XYt3%231EHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Because of various limits publisher puts on me, I must create a document > in Word and insert it into Publishe...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

Query on "Yes" Brings Back both
Hi, I have created a table where the value is Yes/No - text with default as No. I have a query in which I am trying to bring back only the "Yes", but both yes and no are being shown. Any ideas? Thanks It keeps saying "Data Type mismatch" but how can that be when I created the query from scratch? SELECT [all 05].Examiner, [all 05].[Risk Number], [all 05].Company, [all 05].Address1, [all 05].Address2, [all 05].City, [all 05].State, [all 05].[Postal Code], [all 05].Assn, [all 05].[07 Group], [all 05].[Retainer for 2007], [all 05].[Claim Salutation], [all 05].[Cla...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Starting Outlook Opens Word
Every time I start Outlook 2003, Word starts (however with no document open). I then have to close Word. How do I stop this from happening? I do have Word set as my mail editor. As you have said, you do have Word set as your mail editor, as long as that is so, Word will always run when you use e-mail in Outlook. -- Top Notch Admin "Heidi Chan" wrote: > Every time I start Outlook 2003, Word starts (however with no document > open). I then have to close Word. How do I stop this from happening? I do > have Word set as my mail editor. > > > I understan...

save problem when using Word or Publisher 2003
I'm using Office Pro 2003 on a PC with Windows XP pro. Often when I try to save a file in either Publisher, Word or Powerpoint the program locks up. This seems to happen particularly if I try to save to a destination other than the default "My Documents" and navigate through the disk structure. I then have to terminate the program and start again. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here. This happens whenever I try to navigate through the file structure to save elsewhere than the default "My Documents" It also happens when I try to OPEN a file which is sa...