How to paint connections by value

Hi,

  Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different
colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size
& position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by
value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help?
0
Tulga
3/12/2010 2:34:19 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>  Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different
> colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size
> & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by
> value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help?

Do you have a custom property (shape data) defined that indicates the length
of the cable?

That is what the add on uses to determine the colour.

John... Visio MVP

0
John
3/12/2010 2:59:27 PM
answered over on Chris' forum
al

"John... Visio MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>>  Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different
>> colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size
>> & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by
>> value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help?
>

> Do you have a custom property (shape data) defined that indicates the
> length of the cable?
>
> That is what the add on uses to determine the colour.
>
> John... Visio MVP

0
AlEdlund

Who likes painting?
Hi there, I've got the following: if(pMsgDet->message==WM_NCPAINT){ //the code from http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q99/0/46.asp&NoWebContent=1 WM_NCPAINT part ONLY! } if(pMsgDet->message==WM_NCACTIVATE){ SendMessage(pMsgDet->hwnd,WM_NCPAINT,0,0); } However, I never see the text that is meant to be shown unless I resize the window and it just reverts back to what it was... Anybody? ...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

Connect/disconnect from VPN makes Outlook 2007 hang forever
Outlook 2007, using Exchange. I launch OL 2007 and am connected to my cable internet. THEN I VPN to my client, and Outlook 2007 "hangs", displays an hourglass and never regains consciousness. I think once it regained consciousness after several minutes during the many times I have tried this. Other times it took so long that I terminated the app. This does not happen at all with Outlook 2003 (different machine, same configuration AFAIK). Outlook 2003 works perfectly and quickly. Alternatively, once I am connect to the VPN, THEN OPEN Outlook, it's OK (slow as hell, but ...

How to trak POP3 or IMAP connections
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SE intalled adn we access our server via IMAP/POP3. I have been asked to create some sort of report that shows the remote connections. In other words, I need to know who and when do the people connect. (20 users) I know this can be done via the Event log, but I would like to use some othere method (free) Thanks! Check this article out: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-User-Monitor.html Nue "George Lake" <gdlake@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O0cxWOPTGHA.1160@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have Exchange...

Data connection to a database
I've been using Excel to connect to data in an MS Access database for awhile, but something's different in Excel 2007. I want to have the connection Overwrite existing cells rather than insert new cells. In Office 2003, you were presented with this option BEFORE you finished setting up the data connection and importing. Now when I connect to my MS Access database, the "Import Data" dialogue box that appears only has options to select between Table, Pivot Table Report, etc..., and to select where in the worksheet I want to place the data. There is a button marked &q...

Is there a way to add a connection point to a shape in Visio?
I am trying to add connection points to a basic shape in a Data Flow Diagram (four just doesn't seem to be enough off a process) but can't figure out how to do it. Does anyone know? The connector tool button in the toolbar has a little arrow that allows you to drop-down and select a purple "x". This is the connection point tool. Then you simply Ctrl+click a selected shape to add connection points. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "JErquiaga" <JErquiaga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F0D3F5-F5F7-4E72-85C3-4D1C883DC07B@mi...

OWA Connection Problem
Hi, Some users -- the ones who don't belong to Domain Admins group -- are having trouble connecting to our Exchange Server -- which is 2000 Standard with SP3. When they go to the URL, E2K asks for username and password. They enter domain\username and password like I do. When they hit enter, it first appears as if they're logging in because you could see the frames OWA uses but the server asks for a username and password again. This happens 4 times. After that they get Unauthorized access error. Here's the weird part. I use OWA all the time and I have no problems but like I said,...

Painting in Mainframe Window
Hi All How can i paint inside a Mainframe Window of MDI Application..... Suppose i want a Text Message there "BLAH BLAH" Tell Where to put my Code in WM_Paint .????? Thanxs Ashutosh there is a class -- CLogoMdi in demo classes of CxImage599a (http://www.xdp.it/) that may help you. though in fact i don't understand the usage of SubclassWindow(in the demo, m_LogoMdiClientWnd.SubclassWindow(m_hWndMDIClient) ). can someone tell me? thanks. "Ashutosh" <efextra@efextra.com> д����Ϣ���� :uUM1tSWlEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All > How can i paint ins...

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

find maximum of two values in an array with same lookup value
Table containing team names and members of teams of two and their scores in a number of competitions. Require to return the highest scorer for each team. Can use vlookup to return one of the records for a team though not necessarily the team member with highest score. Can't sort the array by descending order of points scored because the highest scorere for any given team will not be the same in every competition. Could probably think of a way of doing this by writing some VBA but if anyone can think of some way of avoiding that.....all ideas welcome How is the data listed in th...

connection problems after returning from screen saver
When I leave Outlook 2002 running in Windows XP, and return to the logon screen, Outlook times out while checking for new messages. I have 2 email accounts setup. One is Hotmail the other is Verizon.net. The hotmail account goes offline and the verizon account can't connect to the server. To solve this, I have to exit outlook and restart the program. Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

How to find the value of a Duplicate (Name) entry?
Unlike most people with Duplicate entry problems I do NOT want to delet it! What I have is a report that is sent to us every day as a text file. have it converted automatically to an excel worksheet so excel can pul the numbers out that we need for reports. The problem is this: Jason Longhaul LA...................822 Jason Longhaul LA...................73 The number of rows between Jason Longhaul LA and the duplicate can an does vary, otherwise I could find the first one and count down x numbe of rows to get the value of the second one. What I need to do is run my formula to get the va...

Can not connect to computer through RWW
I recently had a client move offices, and in turn had to get a new ISP. I had OWA and RWW, and Exchange working at the old location, but when they moved nothing would work. Found out after a hours of router configuration, and sbs restores and installs, that the ISP was blocking ports 25, 80, 443 and others they would not mention. I did ask for these ports to be allowed but was unsuccessful at having that happen. And I am unable to change ISP as there is only one provider in my clients area now. But there has to be another solution? So far I have worked around two issues, but ...

Counting occurances of pairs of values
I have 2 columns in my spreadsheet, I would like to be able to count the number of times pairs of values occur, e.g. col a | col b ------+------ foo | yes bar | yes foo | no foo | yes bar | yes bar | yes I'd like to search for all 'foo' AND 'yes' and then all 'bar' AND 'yes', so that I can generate a table: search | count -------+------ foo | 2 bar | 3 I've tried various combos of COUNTIF, SUM/IF but with no success. Anyone any ideas? Cheers -- Martin Hi Try using: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A50="foo")*(B2:B50="yes")) a...

Transferring option group value
I'm trying to create a form for adding new record only. How to do that ?. In that from,I want to put an option button ( group ) to shown or hide some text box ( control ) in my forms.But I also want to transferr the option group value to a field once the form close or the Save_cmd is clicked. Then in another qury I need to join the value transferred from the option group with another table so that the data appear as a text in another table. Please advice how to do that since I have no idea with coding? shiro wrote: >I'm trying to create a form for adding new record only. >...

Paint
How do I get Paint to open in Excel to change a bitmap object in inserted from a file. If I double-click the object it says it is an OLE something or other. I need to use Paint. Thanks Unfortunately the information you chose to post as "something or other" is exactly what someone would need in order to offer a responsible reply. Regards |:>) "Cynthia" wrote: > How do I get Paint to open in Excel to change a bitmap object in inserted > from a file. If I double-click the object it says it is an OLE something or > other. I need to use Paint. > > Th...

Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere connection using TCP/IIP for direct
Exchange 2007 installed on the same AD server . Role in Exchange (Client, Mailbox, UM & Hub) . OWA is working fine. Mail flow is working fine. Outlook configured to connect using Outlook Anywhere , when I check the connection status in outlook Mail type is connecting using HTTPs & all directory type is connecting using TCP/IP Why? What is the fix Thanks Prem ...

Outlook connection issue
HI: I have Exchange 5.5 installed and a few clients running outlook on 2000 Professional, NT Workstation and XP, when trying to send and e-mail, the client get a box with the following: Outlook is trying to retrieve information from "SERVERNAME". Does anyone knows how to resolve this. Thanks. ...

Connecting through Webmail
Hi, Trying to open Outlook through Webmail. Explorer states "logon failed or cancelled". Then Outlook sits forever saying loading. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. "neil evans" <neil@rbaltd.co.uk> wrote in message news:080301c34c40$25630490$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Trying to open Outlook through Webmail. Explorer > states "logon failed or cancelled". Then Outlook sits > forever saying loading. Any suggestions greatly > appreciated. So what are you really trying to do? Webmail is an e-mail service that normally requires...

Updating record values
If I populate a form using a query result, does that preclude me from editing the data that is shown in that form? Steve, No... as long as the query behind the form is "updateable." A query delivers a recordset... just like a table. In general use, most folks use a query as the RecordSource for their forms... as opposed to a table. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "MeSteve" <MeSteve@discussions.mi...

Getting values from a Pivot table
I've got two pivot tables. One has all the fees earned for services for customers. The other has all the payments received from a customer. The pivot tables are normally sorted by customer, so I can pull up customer JSMITH in each table and it will extract JSMITH's fees in the left pivot table and JSMITH's payments in the right. Now its quite simple creating an invoice for one customer. Print out each Pivot Table to give a report of all the fees and all of the payments, and then you bill them for [fees] less [payments received]. But I want to do this in a more systematic way, ...

How to connect Publisher 2003 to printer driver?
I'm trying to make some business cards on Publisher 2003, but every time I try to print, it says "cannot load printer driver". Word will print, as will everything else. I've tried to contact both Dell and Microsoft- no help. Any suggestions? Thank you. What model printer? Is it a Dell printer? Does Dell have updated printer drivers? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your printer and look for support documents and updated drivers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "quadsmksg" &...

#value
I have some functions calculating certain values. All is fine, but all of a sudden I have this strange #value sign there in the cells which contains the function to calculate some value. If I click on the cell, and then hit enter, it calculates fine. However, it doesnt calculate for the whole sheet by itself. I have used auto calculate and manual both, not working.(It used to calculate by itself before) Someone please help. Thanks, NM Try this: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.CalculateFullRebuild End Sub Save and restart the file... On 5 Oct 2006 11:28:29 -0700, "Nasir&q...