how to make line jumps

I've followed all the directions for making line jumps (such as select
connector, right click, select behavior...nothing), but just can't make the
line jump function work.  Help!!
0
Bilbao (4)
3/19/2009 2:21:14 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:21:14 -0700, Bilbao
<Bilbao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've followed all the directions for making line jumps (such as select
>connector, right click, select behavior...nothing), but just can't make the
>line jump function work.  Help!!

menu File -> Page Setup -> Layout and Routing

Note that this only works for true connectors. Try it on a simple
flowchart diagram first and copy the settings.

--

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

How do i make text see thru
I want my background picture to show thru the text, and i want the text the have a smoked glass look, is this possible clare I know how to make the text show through because I asked it here once, click on fill (up top) then "no fill". I use this a lot because otherwise the text box blocks something out or a part of it. As for smoked glass, I'm not sure with Publisher if they have this effect. I just tried it (and I'm still a newbie) I made a text box, wrote TEST on it, made the font grey. Then clicked fill- effects and tried some of the graduants which were in shades of ...

In excel, can you make a cell blink?
In excel, can you make a cell blink? Nope not yet!!!!! Maybe Tomorrow!!! Mike R. "giveya50" wrote: > In excel, can you make a cell blink? It's possible with VBA. Do a search in the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* NOTE however, that blinking cells may be a violation of section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (they can trigger epileptic seizures), and are in any case damned annoying... In article <36269FFF-C588-403D-A159-527CB5309D0B@microsoft.com>, "giveya50" <giveya50@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

I wanna make my normal style stick, but it won't !
Hi, Using Excel 2003 I'm trying to modify my Normal style so that when I type text in a cell, it gets default-positionned in the top of the cell. When I do it through Format /Style/ .. and modify the Normal style, it works for the sheet I'm working on but is lost when I open a new sheet. i.e. Text is - once again - aligned along the base line. Like the modif is not being saved in the style or the new sheets aren't based on the Normal style ? In Winword my modifications to the Normal style are "carried over" into new documents based on the normal style. (Through the...

Using extender on Purchase Receipt Items lines
I don't know if this question correspond to this Discussion Group; if not please advice where to address it. I would like to use extender to add a field per line items in the Receipt window. I want to record the actual cost the Vendor placed on thier invoice sent with shipment (right or wrong). The purpose is to compare Vendor's cost against whats originally negotiated. Whats the best way to create a field per Items lines using extender? Question answered. I got the field in the Grid. I didn't see the grid option in the Extender window setup; works excelent. "...

How to make a tab read only
Hello Guys, I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? I"m assuming that you are looking at making all the fields on the tab read-only? If that's the case you can do that within the UI. Just open the Form in the Customization section of CRM, then open each field on the form and check the Read-Only checkbox. You can also do this with JavaScript in the Form's OnLoad() event. "e" wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? ...

How do I make a compressor map with efficiency islands?
I can make standard compressor maps in excel very easily, but does anybody know how to add efficiency islands to the map? On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, erfigge <erfigge@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I can make standard compressor maps in excel very easily, but does anybody >know how to add efficiency islands to the map? This is a newsgroup of Excel experts, not necessarily experts in whatever your field is. Most people here will have no idea what you're talking about, so it's a courtesy to include some brief explanation of what a compres...

Set the number of line characters in Outlook (Plain Text)?
I need to set the line characters in Outlook so they don't look awkward when emails I send are received. I assume 68 characters may be a good length, but I have been unable to locate where to make adjustments. "LKV" <LKV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD89E737-801C-4BE4-BE7C-9FBD66999BCE@microsoft.com... >I need to set the line characters in Outlook so they don't look awkward when > emails I send are received. I assume 68 characters may be a good length, but > I have been unable to locate where to make adjustments. You didn'...

How to make printed email header include list of attachments
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop This may be the thing I miss most since my IT guy got me to switch from dear Eudora. I don't print out email unless I must, but it's really annoying that the list of attachments doesn't appear. Please help! On 2/25/10 9:07 AM, dufois@officeformac.com wrote: > but it's really annoying that the list of attachments doesn't appear. > Please help! See if this script will help: Print Message w-Attach X 1.0.2 http://scriptbuilders.net/files/printmessagewattachx1.0.2.ht...

LIne item in SOP
I would like to know of a why to reflect milestones on a sales line item. What I mean by this is the product needs to get various stages completed before it can be released to the ultimate customer. Such as quality control testing and approval for licensing of the product. Does anybody know of a ISV that would be able to handle something like this? Need to keep track of about 18 milestones for each line item in a sales order. Thanks If you consider customizing it, please, let me know. We can help you. inquire@flogility.com "Precipio" wrote: > I would like to know...

Integration Manager - SOP Line Detail
I am trying to set up a SOP Sales Invoice Integration to bring in sales invoices produced in another system I would like to bring in the tax amount per line as part of the integration but cannot get this to work as there is not a tax amount defined at Item Detail level. Has anyone any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks -- JB JB, In IM, the Items collection has a Line Item Taxes subcollection where you can map the Tax Detail ID (which will need to be created already in GP), Tax Amount, and the Total Sales being taxed. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global ...

Dismounting public folders and mailboxes through a command line
I'd like to make a batch file for isinteg after running eseutil. It requires that I load up the information store which I can do through a command prompt. How do I dismount the two from a command prompt? Thank you See this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/command_line_st.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23PMgvawdEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'd like to make a batch file for isinteg after running eseutil. It > requ...

how to combine a vertical line chart into a bar chart?
i need help in combiing this 2 types of chart for my project can anyone help me plesae Can you use a column chart instead of a bar chart -- BlueDaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BlueDaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2746 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56930 Hi, You need to create the line using the chart type XY Scatter rather than Line. There are some examples here. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy e4ella wrote: > i need help ...

Getting rid of random white lines in Excel
There are bold white horizontal lines appearing randomly in some of my worksheets: where I have filled a group of cells in colour, they show up. They look like cell borders but they aren't, nor are they drawing objects, nor rows that have been reduced in height. Deleting the rows above/below one of the lines does not get rid of it. Deleting the columns that it spans does seem to make it disappear - however that will cause problems for the contents of the worksheet. Has anyone experienced this problem and how do I get rid of it? Sounds like they could be page brakes. Did you print o...

Can not adjust row height. The line snaps back.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel This is an unprotected form for which I need to adjust row height to get it to fit on one page. When I &quot;grab&quot; the row, it snaps back. The only way to do it is to adjust cells in Table Properties. In my old word, I could just grab and move the line. Have you set a specified a height for the rows and that is giving you this problem? Check in table properties/row and also check properties/table/options &quot;default spacing between cells&quot;. ...

Vlookup or something more? Trying to make the book intuitive...
Hi there, I hope you can help. I’m trying to make my life much easier by making a currently unwieldy spreadsheet into one that’s a lot more intuitive. Currently I have to enter data twice into the same spreadsheet but I hope to be able to enter it once and have the other sheets automatically update. First, the explanation… This is a spreadsheet that tracks the holidays of a department of 20 people. Currently it fulfils a few functions. First, it tracks each individual on their own worksheet which goes into details (date began/ended, etc). Second, it tracks them all together on an...

I would like to make a schedule for my dept. Who works what days .
I am supervisor for a nursing dept. I need to make a schedule for them to follow as to who works when and what shift. I need to be sure they all get the hours that they are required to work. Is there a template that would help me and be able to sort things out in the schedule as well? ...

Macro Help
Hi All I have a workbook which contains >200 sheets. What I need to do is to insert a "cover" sheet and then create a macro pick up 5 cells from each worksheet (the cells don't alter) and copy and paste the values into the Cover Sheet going progressively down a column, with a different column for each cell. so i need the macro to go to Sheet1 get the cells paste into correct columns and then go to Sheet2 and repeat the process, until there are no more sheets left. Eg. i need b3, b4, c26, e26, h26 from each worksheet in the whole workbook to be summarised so column ...

strange window resizing glitches under XP (not strictly an MFC question but it's making my app look bad)
I've noticed a very ugly graphical "effect" when resizing a window under XP (Windows XP style / Silver appearance / ShowContentsWhileDragging). Resizing the right/bottom edges works like win2k (i.e. as expected) but dragging the left or top edge causes the right or bottom edges of the window frame to flicker like hell as the background pops through and then gets drawn over with the window contents. Try opening a large window of "My Computer" and then drag the left edge backwards and forwards across the screen quickly and repeatedly - not nice. There's also another...

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

make a newsletter
I want to make mulitple, separate pages so the newsletter prints well, but I can't get it to go from one page to the next separately. I can do it all in one page if I want to e-mail it, but it doesn't translate well to printing or webpage. Make your newsletter a pdf attachment. -- Don Vancouver USA "Cyn" <Cyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55CCF9A2-A453-4D87-9669-D39E058E7DE4@microsoft.com... >I want to make mulitple, separate pages so the newsletter prints well, but >I > can't get it to go from one page to the next separately....

Catalog Merge templates do not line up when printed
It appears the "next record" logic in the Publisher mail merge logic is missing when attempting to print any document that has more than 1 copy per sheet? Publisher will only print data from one record per physical page and not move to next record for each postcard on the page. ie) 8.5" x 11" paper, 8.5" x 5.5" post card, 1 column per page, 2 cards per page But has anyone, in the MVP community, created a workaround? Being a long time user of MS tools, we always had to hack around the MS shortcomings. I'm not a Publisher expert and need to get a fix...

Return multiple lines for each record
OK, I'm hoping I'll describe this right, but bear with me. I have a table of values I need to generate a list from. This list will have 2 or three lines per record. As an example, here is the table layout User, Score, Transaction, StartDate, EndDate, Pct, Comment I need a query that will output as follows Line1: Comment1 Line2: Score1, User1, StartDate1, EndDate1, Pct1 Line3: Comment2 Line4: Score2, User2, StartDate2, EndDate2, Pct2 etc. etc. Basically, a query that will allow me to generate a flat file with 2 lines per record. I know this doesn't make sense as to why I wo...

There should be user defined fields on SOP lines
There should be user defined fields on SOP lines ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4db900e2-549f-40d2-bc4d-f32e802109bd&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains I ...

How to group bars showing counts and overlay line compliance chart
Using data similar to what's below (month, ticket count type, customer, SLA compliance %), I'd like to be able to have the bars with the # of tickets opened and closed for each month grouped so the bars touch each other while still having space inbetween each months' bars (using the 1st axis). I only can seem to find an option that determines the space between all bars...not allowing me to group the bars for a given month. As a second issue, the SLA compliance % data for closed tickets won't show up as a line chart overlaying the bar chart described above. I can get m...

Line charts
H I have a problem with line charts, not the chart as such but I have to put in vertical lines at certain points. My x-axis consists of dates (e.g., May 99, Sep. 99, Jan. 00, May 00 etc.) The y-axis tells the percentages. If I want to put in a vertical line at the Jan. 00 point signalling e.g. a referendum, is there a way Excel can do that? Now I do it manually (the line and the corresponding legend), but it would certainly be easier if Excel could do it for me Thanks Ann Jon Peltier has instructions for adding horizontal or vertical lines to a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier...