How to edit a copy of a built-in shape? #2

I need to make a new stencil containing some custom shapes for digital
logic. I am able to copy an existing figure (Amplifier shape from Analog
and Digital Logic) into my own stencil and select Edit Master>Edit
Master Shape. When trying to edit the shape (either ungroup or delete
sth) I get a message "Shape protection, container, and/or layer
properties prevent complete execution of this command". I deselected all
checkboxes in Protection window while the original shape was selected.
However, the issue still persist. How do I edit a copied shape?

I've done that in Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta, in both cases the same result.

Thanks!
0
junk9315 (2)
2/13/2010 4:24:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Smileys #2
Hi all, Is is possible to find the ASCII characters in excel for a perticular character? I mean to say that, I need to insert a smiley in excel. I need this :) and :( in excel. If I need a happy smiley, I can as well use ALT+1. But if I need a sad one, I am not able to find it. Is there any combination of characters which can give me that. Thanks in advance, Praveen -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

spelling #2
the spelling tab is missing on my outlook 6.0! please advise ...

Copying Between Databases Without Linked Servers?
I have a SQL Server 2005 machine called "Dest" and a 2008 machine called "Source" and a 2008 machine called "Console". Each has the same SQL account with appropriate permissions and rights on all 3 to do anything. Without using a linked server, how can I sit at "Console" and execute a "select into" fromthe "Source" database to the "Dest" database? Thanks. "SnapDive" <SnapDive@community.nospam> wrote in message news:qcurk5dp3cem0l63d19io59nemtjv88534@4ax.com... >I have a SQL Server 200...

After Update = EmployeeID.column(2)
I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name field when the EmployeeID is selected. Thank you Frank How is the employee id selected? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, > Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. > I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name > field when the EmployeeID i...

Message Queues #2
I want to implement some sort of message queue. I have a client application and a server application. The server communicates with radio modems and can only communicate through a serial link. The client application has to be able to send commands to the server and the server must then send these commands down the serial link. The server must be able to queue up the messages and then send each one down one at a time. Is there any tutorials, examples or help that anyone can provide?? Thanks in advance !!! Lots of mechanisms exist. Part of it depends on the degree of traffic. The most ...

editting auto recovery

socket #2
I've made a class CMYSocket that derives from CAsyncSocket. Does it matter when I call CAsyncSocket(nErrorCode) ? Before or after calling receive(...) ? Do I need to add my own check of the nErrorCode variable and stop the object if there the variable is not equal zero ? On a few occasions my OnReceive method has been triggered when no data has acctually been sent. The GetLastError() method returned error code 10054 (WSAECONNRESET). quote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Connection reset by peer. An existing connection was forcib...

print to file #2
I'm all of a sudden getting a "Print to File" popup when I try to send a print area to my printer. The print preview is fine and I can't figure how to send it to the printer. I must have changed something. Use menu commands File|Print Look on right side of dialog box about halfway down side. Uncheck Print to File box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bob V" <Bob V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3345A60B-BDC0-47F4-B7C2-DE8538658485@microsoft.com... > I'm all of a sudden getting ...

Taking one value sheet 1 and apply to sheet 2
Hello all, I have a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not know how to take the valu from sheet 5 cell b26 and use that value to a formula to sheet 1 cel g19. Can someone help me out? : -- join_the_ban ----------------------------------------------------------------------- join_the_band's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54975 Try a formula like =Sheet5!B26 "join_the_band" <join_the_band.2926qb_1149728701.4689@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:joi...

BOM & Edit List

adding a watermark #2
is it possible to add a watermark to an excel page? if so how? i a using excel 2002 on windows XP professional version 2002 service pack -- mhilli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mhillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26196 check this link: http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And see this sites also Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html An alternative, if you're using Excel 2002, l...

how 2 make one cell change title when either of 2 other are > 1
i want to make a cell [heading 1] (that is a list of two headings) change to [heading 2] if either one of two other cells are greater than 0 but revert back to [heading 1] if not. In the Heading cell: =if(max(c9,d37)>0,"Heading2here","heading1here") confuscious wrote: > > i want to make a cell [heading 1] (that is a list of two headings) change to > [heading 2] if either one of two other cells are greater than 0 but revert > back to [heading 1] if not. -- Dave Peterson If I understood your question correctly thy this: in cell A1 copy and paste this...

Printing multi copies
I want to print 2 pages per sheet of paper. I have selected Multiple pages per sheet. I indicate that pages I want and preview if find for one copy. If I then indicate that I want 10 copies of the Multiple Pages, then the preview reverts to two pages of the same page. It just duplicates one page twice and I lost the second (different) page I want. This is a printer issue. I've tried to duplicate this, but I cannot with my printer. Might try converting to PDF and then printing. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here often. -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

Copy-Paste Value based on user defined range
Hello, I am trying to create an option such that, the user can input a default value in one cell, enter a start year, and the number of years he wants to assign this value for. Ex. A B C 1 Value Start Year # of Years 2 500 2005 5 Apply 500 starting in 2005 for the next five years including 2005. I am working in Excel2000. Thanks for your help ...

solution for database larger than 2 G
I know that MS Access has size limitation for 2 G. I would like to know are there any solution for size bigger than 2 G. Split the database in 2? Does it mean that i export the old data to a database and change the query to union 2 tables from different database? Change to SQL server? Does SQL server have any limitation for the size? Archived databse? Does it mean that I can have myDatabase2008, MyDatabase2007? It will have issue that generate report for a date range between 2007 and 2008? any other solutions or product to do this? Your information is great appreciated, SQL Serve...

trouble copying and pasting
After working up a good workbook, with column sizes changed and margins changed and page breaks changed, I tried to then copy and paste it into sheet 2, however, all the formatting I changed, was changed back to the default excel settings. My question is how do I copy and paste so that all my formatting remains intact? Windows 98 se, excel 2000 Ian Ian - In order to copy the column widths, you need to copy the entire column before pasting. I don't think you can copy margins and page breaks. Can you make a copy of the whole sheet, then paste the new data into the copied sheet? - ...

Same code 2 results
Hi! I use this code in 2 applications and the results are different: CString csRep; char sRep[MAX_PATH]; LPITEMIDLIST pidl; BROWSEINFO bi; bi.hwndOwner = NULL; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; bi.pszDisplayName = sRep; bi.lpszTitle = NULL; bi.ulFlags = BIF_STATUSTEXT; bi.lpfn = BrowseCallbackProc; bi.lParam = (LPARAM) (LPCTSTR) cs; bi.iImage = 0; pidl = SHBrowseForFolder(&bi); if(pidl) { TCHAR szDir[MAX_PATH]; if (SHGetPathFromIDList(pidl,szDir)) csRep = szDir; } In one app, csRep = ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30 309D}\::{D20EA4E1-3...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Public folder #2
I have a public folder for advertisements and i want to limit the size of an email send to this folder. Is this possible??? We are running Exchange 2000 and outlook XP. I'm in Mixed Mode (Exchange) and the Delivery Restrictions on Public Folders is greyed out. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "johnE" <a...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...