How to change the paper size for all pages?

Hi!

I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
the paper size for one page at a time only.

Thanks!
Thomas

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Thomas,

I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what
size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.

Best regards

John

John Goldsmith
www.visualSignals.co.uk

<miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
> to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
> the paper size for one page at a time only.
>
> Thanks!
> Thomas

Hi John,

> > I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
> > to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
> > the paper size for one page at a time only.

> I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
> code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what
> size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.

This is Visio 2007 Professional, right. This software is so
ridiculous! What's the big deal with adding a feature that changes the
paper size to all pages?

Thanks!

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Have a go with the following:

Private Sub ChangeAllPageSizes()

Dim crntPage As Visio.Shape
Dim pag As Visio.Page

    For Each pag In ActiveDocument.Pages
        Set crntPage = pag.Shapes("thePage")
        With crntPage
            .Cells("PageWidth").FormulaU = "210mm"
            .Cells("PageHeight").FormulaU = "297mm"
        End With
    Next pag
End Sub

This is some basic code to give you the idea.  Bear in mind that you may
also want to change the Printed Page as well as the Drawing one, so change a
test page via the Page Setup dialog and then have a look at the ShapeSheet
behind the page you've just changed.  All the cells you'll want to change in
code are right there.

I think I agree that some batch type functions in the UI would be useful,
but this type of code is extremely flexible.

Hope this helps.

> Hi John,
>
>> > I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
>> > to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
>> > the paper size for one page at a time only.
>
>> I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
>> code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and
>> what
>> size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.
>

> Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.
>
> This is Visio 2007 Professional, right. This software is so
> ridiculous! What's the big deal with adding a feature that changes the
> paper size to all pages?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Thomas

Here is a very quick and easy way

Sub doit()
    Dim O As Object
    Dim i As Object

    Set O = Application.ActiveDocument.Pages
    For Each i In O
        Application.ActiveWindow.Page = i
        Application.ActiveWindow.Zoom = 1#
    Next i
End Sub

miskiewicz wrote:

How to change the paper size for all pages?
15-Aug-07

Hi!

I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
the paper size for one page at a time only.

Thanks!
Thomas

On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:45 AM
miskiewicz wrote:

How to change the paper size for all pages?
Hi!

I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
the paper size for one page at a time only.

Thanks!
Thomas

On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:49 PM
John Goldsmith wrote:

Hello Thomas,I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.
Hello Thomas,

I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what
size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.

Best regards

John

John Goldsmith
www.visualSignals.co.uk

<miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Friday, August 17, 2007 4:08 AM
miskiewicz wrote:

Hi John,Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.
Hi John,

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.

This is Visio 2007 Professional, right. This software is so
ridiculous! What's the big deal with adding a feature that changes the
paper size to all pages?

Thanks!

Thomas

On Friday, August 17, 2007 3:32 PM
John Goldsmith wrote:

Re: How to change the paper size for all pages?
[...]

A Comparison of Managed Compression Algorithms
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/71485ecc-2d2d-435a-9c35-3d12b279f9ae/a-comparison-of-managed-compression-algorithms.aspx
0
klouw (1)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

New spreadsheet only prints the first page
My spreadsheet is a calendar that counts the days of call for my 3 physician partners and myself. Last year's was in Excel 97 and through a lot of cutting and pasting I have the 2010 calendar all set. When I go to "page break preview", page 1 is seen, but the rest of the sheet is gray. When I go to print preview, I only get that first month and not the rest of the spreadsheet. I tried to save it in the old format, too, but I get the same problem. If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and a clear explanation of what you want and before/afte...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Metrics in GP Home Page
I'm seeing a message that "Metrics are not available because the Microsoft Office..." and it cuts off. What is missing that is preventing the display of metrics? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP It's because Excel wasn't loaded. Duh. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Charles Allen" wrote: > I'm seeing a message that "Metrics are not available because the Microsoft > Office..." and it cuts off. What is missing that is preventing the display of > metrics? > > Thanks > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.exe
I am running Windows 98 I have done all the updates via windowsupdate.microsoft.com. I have Outlook 2000 that I am using for e-mail and have run all the updates for this from officeupdates.microsoft.com. The problem I am having is that EVERYTIME I try to reply to a message I receive the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.exe.....and Outlook locks up. I have tried to repair it and also tried to reinstall it with NO success. Please help....Thanks ahead of time for your attention to this matter ...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

Page numbers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements when I choose Header, in other words, in any format. When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked. It sounds to me like you simply may have toggled the display of Field Codes -- Try keying Option+F9 or go into the Head...

colour change of dated box

Missing image on first page
I have a report that pulls an image from a file. Everything seems to be working except the first page never has an image - only the variables that should go on the image. Any ideas?? ...

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...