How to automatically create network diagram in Visio 2007

Visio 2003 had both Fluke Networks LanMapshot and another Add on to
automatically create network diagrams.  Fluke no longer sells lan Mapshot.
Does Visio 2007 have any similar feature to automatically diagram my network
for me? (To help with diagnostics and design?)
0
k41184 (1)
8/8/2007 3:56:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

there was a follow version of the resource kit that had the LanSurveyor
product in it. The company was called neon but has changed it's name. The
product is still out there.
Al

"k41184" wrote:

> Visio 2003 had both Fluke Networks LanMapshot and another Add on to
> automatically create network diagrams.  Fluke no longer sells lan Mapshot.
> Does Visio 2007 have any similar feature to automatically diagram my network
> for me? (To help with diagnostics and design?)
0
AlEdlund (23)

how to create mutliple forms in just one
how to create mutliple forms in just one We don't have any context to go on, so any suggestions will be extremely general... Create multiple forms. Open one more new form and embed the others as subforms. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "isi" <isi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2C50B0-6ACF-45A6-B6B9-8A8DF6896723@microsoft.com... > how to create mutliple forms in just one ...

How to create my own generic list?
I'm still new at C# or any OO program and my coworkers are all at a seminar this week. How do I create my own "generic list" that implements all the features of the .net generic list<string> plus a method to fill itself from strings in an external file. Is there a simple template somewhere I could start with? Do I just inherit from generic list and add my method? thanks, LJB "LJB" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:O%23EBRGuuKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm still new at C# or any OO program and my coworkers a...

"Help | About" in Excel 2007
I spent some time looking for it today, but I couldn't find it. Has the "About Microsoft Excel" screen been removed, or if not then where is it? -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA http://OakRoadSystems.com/ Click the Office Button then select Excel Options from there go to Resources and click About -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Stan Brown" wrote: > I spent some time...

Problem using Windows 7 and Vista on Home Network
I have a home network using a WBR-2310 D Link Router router. My desktop is fairly new and runs Vista and my laptop runs XP. I just bought a new Leovo laptop with Widows 7 and although the Lenovo sees and logs into my home network OK I cannot download any software onto the Lenovo. For example, I am trying to have McAffee upload new virus recognition files. It starts - goes for awhile - then starts downloading all over again. I have tried to download other files with the same result. While looking at video files the video starts and then stops after abot 30 seconds. I have no i...

Hyperlink from Word 2007 to PowerPoint 2007
Hello, I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this out so any advice would be helpful. I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific power point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens the first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all open the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the desktop). * You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen because it gives ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

2007 Excel Dif Paste Special
When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an unfamiliar menu. I'm use to seeing a buttoned menu, but this is listing. Has anyone seen this before? You will generally see that menu when you have two workbooks open in separate instances of Excel. Close one down and open both workbooks in a single instance. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:56:01 -0800, andybo <andybo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an >unfamiliar menu. I'm use to s...

Automatic CC

Best way to create a "frame" on a dialog
I'm a newbie to MFC, so pardon if this is a stupid question, but here goes: I have a CDialog dialog. On that dialog, I have a CListCtrl and some buttons. The ListCtrl has two columns, name and value. When the user presses the Edit button, I am shrinking the ListCtrl so that only the name column is visible, and in place of the value column, I am displaying a "group box", which is really just a CButton it seems.. In that group box, I have some static and edit controls that the user would use to edit the selected item from the ListCtrl. The group box is set to invisible while...

Outlook 2007 sent mail now showing properly in other mail clients
Being a happy outlook 2003 user I just upgraded to outlook 2007. But I'm experiencing some strange problems which I was hoping someone could clarify... E.g. I send following mail to a Gmail account : Line1 Line2 Line3 When I view the mail via Gmail's web interface I get : Line1 Line2 Line3 As you can see extra lines are inserted after each hard return. Outlook 2003 does not have this problem. Everything looks fine when I view the sent mail from within O2007, but Gmail does not show it correctly anymore. Similarly, a O2007 sent mail containing a bulleted list viewed in Gmail ...

Create an input form
I'd like to create a form (input screen) where Year and Month (Fiscal Year & Fiscal Period) represent Column headers, and various codes would represent rows. The user would input data in the intersection of the row and column. The input data would then pull other data and calculate. For example a user would enter hours on the row for a particular labor rate and the form would self populate the matematical result for hours multiplied by the labor rate to come up with an amount for the Fiscal Year and Fiscal period) Later I'd like to generate reports by different criteri...

Remaining time in Office 2007 Trial
Hi all, is there a way to know the remaining time to using my Office 2007 Trial? Thanks in advance. Luigi "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EA776F7-4AA0-4483-B008-D308E2D4C7E8@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > is there a way to know the remaining time to using my Office 2007 Trial? > > Thanks in advance. > > Luigi Open Office and click on Help-Activate Product and it will tell you when the trial expires. "Gordon" wrote: > Open Office and click on Help-Activate Product and it will tell you ...

Automatic axis format

2003 & 2007 Differences in Locking Cells Syntax
The code below runs fine in Excel 2007, but 2003 does not like it. I`m not sure why. It gives me a runtime error and says it is unable to set the Locked property of the range class. I tried commenting out the first line (WS.Cells.Locked = False) and changing the second statement to" WS.Range(Cells(row,col),Cells(row,col)).Locked = True However, this did not help. Does anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Alan Sub DisableCellInput(WS As Worksheet, row As Long, col As Long) ' ' This subroutine locks and greys out the cell ' WS.Cells.Locked = ...

hiding a comment in Word 2007
how can I get a pop-up comment (like you can in Excel) which comes up when you rest the mouse pointer over it, but disappears again when you move the mouse pointer away from it. I have Word 2007 . Hello Chris chris wrote: > how can I get a pop-up comment (like you can in Excel) which comes up when > you rest the mouse pointer over it, but disappears again when you move the > mouse pointer away from it. I have Word 2007 . MVP Jay Freedman has found an interesting "hack" for this sort of thing in Word: <quote> Every once in a while, somebody asks f...

How to create snail trail charts?
Does anybody know how to create snail trail charts in Excel? I found zero information on the subject on the internet using variou search engines -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com By the way, a snail trail chart is a scattered plot that shows th position of the data points progressing with time. For example, the average return and volatility of an investment fun changes over time. By increasing the size of the data points on th chart with respect to time gradually, we'll be able to see the trend o the return/risk charateristics of the fund over time -- Message posted fro...

Mailboxes are not created in the exchange servers
we have two Windows 2003 Enterprise DC's. Exchange server 2003 was installed on one of the DC's and it was working fine. We have installed exchange server 2003 on the second DC inorder to transfer all the mail boxes from the first DC (where exchange server was running perfectly) to second DC. Now when we create users it is showing whether to create mail box for the user, but it is not creating mail box on either of the exchange servers. The existing mail boxes on the first DC is working fine. We want all the mailboxes shifted to the second DC and it must be able to work fin...