How do I unlock a shape window?

I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was
e-mailed to me).  They have grey end points, indicating they are locked, and
I cannot resize them.  How do I unlock them so I can place more shapes within
each one?
--
Richard Champlin
Administrative Program Assistant II

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0700, Richard Champlin
<RichardChamplin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was
>e-mailed to me).  They have grey end points, indicating they are locked, and
>I cannot resize them.  How do I unlock them so I can place more shapes within
>each one?

select the shape, then
menu Format -> Protection
and turn off Width.

Be careful as they may be locked for a reason.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
DFD for Visio               http://www.gane-sarson.sandrila.co.uk/

create a hybrid of a pop-up window and a child window ??
Hi, I need to create a draggable window (say pWnd) from the main view window. The pWnd behaves like a child window because it never gets dragged outside the main view (or the part outside the main view won't be seen). But pWnd won't be redrawn when the main view is redrawn. In this, pWnd is like a modaless dialog window, and the annoying flickering effect in pWnd can be avoided. Would it be possible to create such a window by feeding appropriate set of options to CWnd::Create()? Please help. Thanks for any advise. Tony What's the question??? Ali R. "May Youn...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

UnLocked Cells No Color
Hi there, I have a spread sheet which is passed around frequently. Therefore I have locked a number of cells to protect its information. However, its necesary that other change the color of the unlocked cells. The problem is that once the sheet is protected the unlocked (and therefore changeable) do not have any color icon and so I cant change them. I cant figure out a way to have locked cells and still allow color changes on the unlocked without giving the password away (which of course defeats the purpose) Cheers! This capability was added in xl2002. But if you're running an earlier...

how do i unlock modifications
My Word 2007 used to work. Now I can't do ANYTHING on it because it tells me the modification I am trying to use is locked. How do I unlock it? Are you using a trial version of Word that has passed its use by date? If so, to see how to convert it to a regular version, see "How do I convert my trial?" at: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx Another possibility is that you have not Activated the software. You can also find out how to do that at the above site. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ...

filling a shape with a CBitmap (rotated)
I need to scale and rotate a bitmap image by any angle and flood fill a shape . I've tried using GDI+ with a degree of success but wonder if there is a GDI system that could be used. Any help offer will be much appreciated Phil Are you looking for Image brushes? -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com "phil" <phil@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message news:uQov2HnsGHA.2240@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I need to scale and rotate a bitmap image by any angle and flood fill a >shape . > > I've tried using GDI+ with a degree of success but wo...

Properties of Shape
I am trying to make the customized Shape Data visible in Properties read only. Would anybody know how to do this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:39:07 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to make the customized Shape Data visible in Properties read >only. Would anybody know how to do this? with the shape selected, menu Window -> Show Shapesheet in the Custom Properties section (called Shape Data in Visio 2007) you will see your custom data, the Value cell, edit this so instead of containing, say, "123", make it Guard("123"). ...

Visio Shapes for Web Diagram
I have just installed Vision 2003 and trying to create diagram for my upcoming project involving J2EE with web pages and BPEL flows. I was intending to use the 'Web Diagram' shape which I saw on my colleagues PC which has Visio 2002 installed. But I do not seem to find it with the version (2003) I have just installed. Any reasons or how I can get that ? web diagramming is included in the professional version. http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/diagramtypes.mspx#EUPAE "Nachuri" <Nachuri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD061C57-C4F...

windows media player.
why can't i download avi movies and watch them on media player "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C77642AC-0749-49F1-A065-445FDDCE35AB@microsoft.com... > why can't i download avi movies How would anyone in here know why? > and watch them on media player Try explaining exactly what is happening. You can't download, or you can but they won't playback? You're a hit and run poster so I'll wait and see if you follow up... avi format? you should download and install k-lite mega codec pack it comes wit...

Apple Iphone Unlocked,HTC Google Nexus Unlocked
We are a Recognized Distributor of Various Consumer Electronics, We Specialize in a wide Range of Products such as Mobile Phones, Laptops, Video Games Console, Digital Cameras, (Etc) At Affordable Prices. This phones are unlocked and can be used with any SIM card. No activation required This phones are brand new original with complete accessories, accompanied with 12 month international warranty. Contact us today for your order at our marketing email : Email : telecom2010ukltd@gmail.com Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB��.$240 HTC Google Nexus One����$200 HTC HD2������$300 Nokia N97 .......

Excel 2003 using Windows XP Professional
Filled some cells with a colour, but am unable to see colour in worksheet, but able to do so in Print Preview. Why can't I see the colours in the worksheet ( I can see colours of a chart in the worksheet) -- NRK If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: Changes to the fill color and the fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Nigel wrote: > Filled some cells with a colour, but am unable to see colour in worksheet, > but able to do so...

Shape.OnAction stops working after workbook closed and re-opened
I have created a set of icons which are made up of 3-4 individual shape objects grouped together. One of those objects needs to respond to a mouse click which I achieve using the OnAction setting, ie. shp.GroupItems(shp.Name).OnAction = "ShapeClick" where the shape and the group have the same name. Connector lines are used to join the icons up into a network. Unfortunately in XL2007 when connecting a line to the object the click event fires so to avoid this I first set OnAction to "" and then set it back to my macro after connections are made. Initially this w...

Selecting Unlocked Cells Only
Is there a way in VBA to have user restricted to selecting only unlocke cells in a work book. I have tried to password protect each work shee with the cells formatted as locked or unlocked. However when you sav and reopen the workbook "sometimes" it reopens allowing the user t select both locked cells as well as unlocked cells. The locked cell are still restricted, so if you click on it you get the warning...bu it's a pain if you're trying to imput data quickly navigating aroun all the cells on a work sheet -- Db171 ---------------------------------------------------------...

Use these update for Windows
--pfaqernnbi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zvsmzdzjf"; type="multipart/alternative" --zvsmzdzjf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tkswgvadlvg" --tkswgvadlvg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain t...

Tracking down the process that owns a window
My company makes a DLL that acts as a plugin to another product (an EXE). While interacting with that product, a message box pops up with the name of my product in the caption. This other company wants to know why? I've searched all of our files, resources, and places where messages are displayed but that one does not exist (I already knew it didn't but I humored them and searched anyway). So my question is, with that message box on the screen, is there a way I can tell "who" displayed it? Can I differentiate between the EXE and the several dozen DLLs that it loads? Than...

SID Filtering between 2 Windows 2003 Forests.
Hi, Source Domain : ABC.com (Windows 2003 SP 1) Target Domain : XYZ.com (Windows 2003 SP1) We are currently migrating users,groups and computers from ABC.com to XYZ.com. Users are successfully migrated with the passwords, but users are not able to access resources in the source domain (ABC.com). The error is "Access Denied" while accessing the resources in the source domain when the user is logged on to the target domain. How do i check if SID Filtering is enabled or disabled? I would request you to help me with a solution. Also, kindly explain the command to disable SID Fil...

Need opinion Vista32 Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail
I currently use Vista32 Windows Mail. I use it to access my Yahoo email through POP/SMTP (I pay for POP access - long story) and my Comcast email. Contacts are a little quirky but I learned fairly quick workarounds. It seems to do the job so I really have no complaints with Vista32 Windows Mail. I use outlook 2002 for calendar and contacts only. I use it because it is the only thing I know of that will sync calendar and contacts with my HP iPAQ RX3115. Outlook 2002 contacts syncs well with Vista32 Windows Mail. This whole quirky setup has worked for years. I see Windows L...

Check this update for MS Windows #2
--qyvlrvkybmjf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hwrqgqycrxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --hwrqgqycrxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lvllmcrxbhi" --lvllmcrxbhi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

Welcome Windows
Hello to all I run XP PRO and I am a one man at this machine. I never needed any password or having to choose between users. The machine will open directly into the main screen and I start to work. But windows changed it mind..... At start: On starting the machine gives me a windows to select between users. And this is the least of it. On closing: It used to give me a nice three part picture with "Hybernate or Shut down or Restart" This picture is gone and instaed I get a small window with MS logo and a roller that I have to roll down and select what I want. Tr...

Windows 7 Newsgroup
I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup where this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit. Is there one in this group that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions? Also, a second question: Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some thing there when you are lost and the folder systems is extremely complicated sometimes. I use Vista now, have had it for about two years now, and I still have difficulty finding the logic of the folder system sometimes. I don...

My selections are locked--how do I unlock them?
I'm using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 and the bottom of my page says that my selections are locked. This happens when I try to do anything. The only thing I can do is open a document, but it won't let me type or copy or anything like that. Also, little paragraph symbols have appeared all over my page. Is it a trial copy that has expired? If so, time to buy. Is it a retail copy that hasn't been actived? "ChikiMongo" <ChikiMongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B791BF17-B602-4297-9AED-FB3FF4F976D9@microsoft.com... : I'm...

Windows XP freezes after start-up
Hi, My dad brought me his laptop and asked me to fix it :-) He did a complete system clean using ad-aware and since then, the windows XP freezes right after startup. The laptop will boot up in safe mode. In normal mode, there's normally no user selection screen and password entering, it goes straight to his profile. He is using Win XP SP3. Beyond checking that it boots in safe mode, I haven't managed to do much. I searched on the internet and while many people seem to have this problem, I have yet to find a solution for it. I have tried running "chkdsk /f" ...

Windows Live Password Problems with Archive Files
I am able to login to my current Microsoft Money file using my current Windows Live ID and password. However, I need to look up something in a Money archive file. When I try to open the archive file and sign in, I get an error that my email or password is incorrect. Resetting my Windows Live password did not help - I continue to get the error message. Any ideas for what's going on here? I use Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe, Windows XP. Very tough to say. Do you know what version of Money you were using when you created the archive file? For many reasons--some JUST LIKE THIS--I r...

How do I set up an email account in Windows Live Mail for Windows
I have never used Windows Live Mail and need step-by-step instructions on what exactly to type in the boxes in order to set up an email account. I have Windows 7 64 - bit. I tried to figure it out but now have 4 email accounts that don't work and can't remove them. You get the proper mail settings from your mail service provider.=20 Who provides your email service? Or to ask that question another way, what is the part of your email address after the @ symbol? Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to=20 set up an email program. If you need more h...

Excel 2002 new window kills sheet tabs.
In my Excel 2002 workbook, I display sheet tabs. If I open a new window (with Window / New Window), the tabs are gone. I gotta click Tools / Options / View / Sheet tabs to redisplay them. Unfeature? Or is there some mystical Remondian purpose to it all? *** ...

Where do I find more visio shapes for high voltage engineering?
I am looking to draw single line diagrams of High Voltage (3 phase) substations in Visio and the standard shapes are not what are used in the Power Industry. Is there somewhere to go to find additional shapes? On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:30:02 -0800, "Iain at SP-AusNet" <Iain at SP-AusNet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to draw single line diagrams of High Voltage (3 phase) >substations in Visio and the standard shapes are not what are used in the >Power Industry. >Is there somewhere to go to find additional shapes? Is there some public document som...