How do I turn a jpg image I have into a visio background?

I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a
background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it
transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please help.
0
doming07 (1)
2/27/2007 7:53:08 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

the simplist way is to drop it on a background page and then attach the
background to your foreground images.
al

"doming07" <doming07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a
> background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it
> transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please
> help.

0
edlund1 (616)

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Outlook XP runs in background??
My Outlook seems to have a tray icon show up every now and then - even though I don't have it open? How can I shut it down? JDS Something is keeping it open - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm for ideas. You'll want to install http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout so you can easily see if it's running and force it closed, until you identify the culprit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

Visio 2002 Saving as a JPG the lines are Anti Aliased.
My second question is regarding saving drawings as JPG files. When I do this and view them in a graphics viewer (It does not seem to matter which graphic viewer). The lines are anti aliased. By this I mean they are not a solid black line. They have grey aliased lines next to the center black section of the line. On 45 degree lines this is even more pronounced. Is there anything I can do about this in Visio 2002? I know it is old, but thats all I have. Note that I did not have this problem in Visio 5 Pro. Thanks, --JoeH ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

opening image files
I have recently uninstalled Photoshop CS3 and installed CS4. Previously when I double clicked on an image file it opened in CS3. When I do it now it does not open in CS4 stating that it is not a valid windows 32 application. Jpg and Jpeg files are associated with CS4 in the Windows Explorer file option menu. I can drag files to the photoshop desktop shortcut and they open. There is no also difficulty opening these files once Photoshop CS4 is open. Why can I not double click to open them? Martin Waddell wrote: > I have recently uninstalled Photoshop CS3 and installed ...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Replace image
I seem to be suffering real problems here - sorry to post so often. I need to produce a template with image placeholders on some pages. I had no problem in Publisher 2000 or in 2003 but a client is using 2002 which appears to work differently. I do not appear to be able to create a BLANK image placeholder using 2002. In an attempt to work around I created an image of the requisite size (529 x 358 pixels )and put that in position. My hope was that I could then use the REPLACE image option (right click on image) but I find that the new image (which is the same size in pixels) appears on the page...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Sending a captured .dib file to an image box without storing it
I want to use a command button, say "cmdDisplayImage" to display/ transfer a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control to an image or OLE box on the same form such as "PhotoPreview" (not sure which one is possible/best...perhaps someone can help me...I'm new at this.) I really don't want to "save" it first. Then, I want another command button such as "cmdSaveImage" to save the file to a folder (such as \\Server\Database\Images when the user clicks another command button when they have the image they want in the "PhotoPreview" box. R...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

adding animated swf file as background.
hi. I am developing a s/w in VC++. it is loaded with heavy UI. now my client want me add a animated flash file(swf file) as a back ground. if any body knows how to do it, please tell me. thanx in advance. Regards, Harshad. ...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

Turn on!
As known to us, Exchange 2003 SP2 support enhanced SenderID. How can I turn on SPFResult(apposing Urgency,SenderID,SCL and so on)on the top bar of Outlook 2003? Thanks a lot! KejiaLi,coming from Beijing,China ...

Problem exporting Chart as a jpg
Hi, I have a chart I've created in Excel 2007 which includes a pie chart and some tabular data that has been formated the way we want it on a regular worksheet, then we copy it as a picture and paste that picture onto the chartsheet next to the pie chart. When I export the chart as a jpg, using this code: ActiveChart.Export "C:\test.jpg", "JPG" true The text in the tabular picture is getting screwed up. All the text gets bolded and the text is bitmapped and jagged. It doesn't look like that in the ChartSheet. Any ideas? I can send the W...

visio 2007 binary association
Hi, I have added a binary association to my UML diagram but the line ends won't allow an arrow (or any other) line end to be added, even though the short-cut button clearly indicates that there should be an arrow. Help. :) Thanks Ian P.S. I have tried the documented help solution, but nothing happens - it is as if they are locked as a straight line object. I was googling for the exact same issue and I landed on this page. My problem is exactly the same, except that it's with Visio 2003 Pro. So thanks to you I know that upgrading to 2007 wouldn't solve it. I'll keep sea...

Outlook Attachment bloking
How to Turn Off the Outlook 2000 E-mail Attachment Security Update ? Is the the file with all "Unsafe" extentions ? Is it a REGISTRY KEY ? I use Exchange Server 5.5 - Outlook on front end I need to be able to open some extention - Outlook blokes the "unsafe" files attached. Old version of Outlook DO allow atachments, new, with sp3 (sp2, sp1) do block it automaticaly ! How do I change it ? Thank you, Gon http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "gon" <stafing123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c7201c3db8b$bac3b130$a501280a@...

jpg and other images show as attachments rather then in body
jpg and other image files are showing as attachments rather then in the body is there a fix for it so i can allow it to leave the jpg in the body so it can be viewed easily........ Thanks in advance. Shabaz <laiq77@hotmail.com> wrote: > jpg and other image files are showing as attachments > rather then in the body You are correct. That's the way Outlook works. You can't change it, as far as I know. -- Brian Tillman ...

Issue with displaying image on form
Access 2007 I am able to get my form to display a unique linked image for every record. The image displayed is based on the name of the file stored in a text field - [CAD FILE]. The problem I am having is that if I am on a record then go to another record, if a file doesn't exist matching what is in [CAD FILE] it will continue to show the image from the previously viewed record. What can I do to get it to display my default file ("-.jpg") if there is no file name matching [CAD FILE]? (yes, the file is named "-.jpg"; is this a problem for any reason?) T...

Turning off read receipts once turned on
In Outlook 2000 (configured for CW), the first time an e- mail is opened with a read receipt request, you have a pop-up option to sned a receipt everytime you get a read receipt request. If this is turned on, how can you turn it back off? Going into the Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Tracking Options does not allow you to change your preference once you have accepted read receipts. Neither does reinstalling office. Any suggestions? ...