how do I resize a drawing and all shapes in it?

I'm working with Visio for the first time.  Now that I've finished my first
drawing, I need to add another drawing of equal size to the same page.
However, I made the first drawing so big that there is not enough room on the
page to add another drawing of equal size.  I would like to reduce the size
of the drawing (and all shapes within it, of course) by about one-third.  I
have searched through all the menu options and there seems to be no way to do
this.  I tried copying the drawing and pasting it onto another page, hoping
that the paste operation would allow a resize, but this did not work either.
I tried to resize by dragging a corner, but many of the shapes within the
drawing did not resize, and I got the message "shape protection and/or layer
properties prevent complete execution of this command", even though the layer
is not locked and nothing is selected under Format/Protection.

The only other thing I know of to try, is to make the page size larger in
hopes that the size of the drawing would remain the same, and then hope that
the "fit to page" option in the print dialog can be permanently set (so that,
for example, a page of size 17 X 22, when printed, will always fit on an 8.5
X 11 page).  However, it doesn't make sense that this kind of "trick" would
be the only way to do this.  Any help is very much appreciated!!
0
Newbie (61)
11/18/2004 3:40:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

After some googling I've concluded that this is a shapesheet issue.  The
issue now is this:  I want to create drawings that can be easily resized.  I
do not want any default settings to prevent resizing.  Do I have to modify
the shapesheet for each new shape I put into my drawing, or can I somehow set
the default for each new shape so that resize functions are never disallowed?
0
Newbie (61)

how can I set a scale drawing in visio?
I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... file => page setup => drawing scale al "Zvensk" <Zvensk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA340AB-58F7-45D1-83EB-369CC5F441B1@microsoft.com... >I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... ...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Server Cluster Shape #2
Hi there, I've been reading a lot of MS articles regarding Network Load Balancing Clusters and Server Clusters. These documents contain diagrams which I presume were created using Visio. These diagrams contain 2D shapes for switches, firewalls etc. as well as a generic shape for a Server Cluster. I can't find this Cluster shape in the Visio 2000 templates. Can anybody tell me where I can find it? Thanks in advance, Nick Do you mean the symbols on http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/entserver/quick_start_guide....

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

connector shapes lost
when some visio 2003 users open vxd visio document from internet explorer, they receive the following error message: "The file was opened but some problems were encountered. Details of the problems were added to the log file." Then click ok, file is open but connections shapes are lost. There are visio 2003 clients that open documents correctly on environment. all of them office 2003 visio version: 11.316.8132 we install visio 2003 sp3 but problem still exist, there is no problem with visio 2007. Do you know any bug about this issue? thnx log file Open VDX Processing ...

Drop Down box resizing on open
I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes which keep resizing when I open up the sheet. I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's in column D based on column's A values. I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another sheet). The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so the cell contents can be read. I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells&...

How do I unlock a shape window?
I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was e-mailed to me). They have grey end points, indicating they are locked, and I cannot resize them. How do I unlock them so I can place more shapes within each one? -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0700, Richard Champlin <RichardChamplin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was >e-mailed to me)....

How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized
Hello, Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any >suggestions? > >Thanks, >Linda > >. You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping. Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size: CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyo...

Draw Objects in Charts
I have a Workbook where I enter my Blood Pressure on a daily basis and plot it on an X-Y chart over time. The chart automatically expands the X-axis as new data is entered. I recently changed medication and placed a draw object (vertical line with a caption) at the appropriate date. The problem is that as the X-axis expands and the time between tick marks contracts, the draw object stays at the same position and I have to move it to the correct date tick mark. As the marks become more compressed, it has become difficult to move the object to the exact date. Is there any way to lock a draw o...

Resizing trendline title in legend
G'day, Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that is auto-generated is "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED INITIAL YELD" The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font, it INSISTS on using 3 lines. Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The ...

Resizable CPropertySheet In Resizable CFormView
I'm trying to build an MFC-based SDI app that has a look somewhat like that shown by Joseph M. Newcomer at http://www.flounder.com/proppage.gif in his page "The Graphical Developer Interface" ( http://www.flounder.com/gdi.htm ). The property sheet and the pages in it should be resizable, and it's the resizing that I'm having problems with. I selected a CFormView-based application and put a CPropertySheet in it, with appropriate pages. (I selected a CFormView over a dialog-based app because I wanted the framework's support for all the things you don't get with a...

Changing Shape colour by a click?
I have a spreadsheet, that we want to use for tracking - and use a "traffic light" type system. By using a circle (autoshape) and it being red "no go", green "OK" and amber "issues". There will be an autoshape for each row, indicating the status of the record. What I am trying to achieve is by clicking on the autoshape it cycles through the colors. I don't want to have to have three separate circles for each record - with three circles I know how to program by a click to change an individual circle to one color. Can someone help me ? Appreciate your...

Can I automatically resize all controls in a Dialog without adding user codes
Dear All, Can I design a Dialog that automatically resizes all controls when the Dialog is being resized? Many thanks, Yes. You can resize or move them as you wish by handling OnSize of the dialog. SetWindowPos can be used to change the size and/or position. Here is a helpful link: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/resizabledialog.asp --- Ajay No. You must explicitly take action on the OnSize handler to resize them. Sometimes, there are packages called "geometry managers" that make this fairly straightforward (check www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com for examples)...

resize
trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around the page and every time i resize, it resizes the frame to make it really small in the corner. is there a way this can be locked? thanku sounds like the frame may be associated with a background page, that often happens with some materials that I put together. Al "Harry Archer" <ha092003@removehotmail.com> wrote in message news:eDkN9%23pqDHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around > the page and every time i resize, it resizes the f...

Access 2007: Resizing one textbox resizes all
Created a new form, all textboxes were auto-created from the Data Source table. Now, I want to resize some of the textboxes to smaller and larger. When I give focus to one textbox and drag to resize, all textboxes automatically get focus and resize as well. Or, when I change the textbox width in the Properties for one text box, all of them change. Never saw this behavior in Access 2003. A2007 has a new feature for linking all the controls. Sometimes a very handy feature, sometimes not so handy. To remove the linking, select one of the linked controls, go to the arrange m...

Resize CToolBar?
I've got a problem with CToolBar (MFC). Im trying to change the toolbar resource at runtime using LoadToolbar(). The "new" toolbar is loaded ok, but the width of the old layout remains (the buttons to the far left are hidden). If I grab the toolbar and drag it, it is updated to the new width. Is there a CToolBar method I can use to update it? I've tried SetSizes() with no luck. Try calling RecalcLayout(). Tom "Fredrik" <eelector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3787004.0502230411.620d8144@posting.google.com... > I've got a problem with CToolBar...

How to draw a line on a chart, and have it move with the chart?
I am able to draw simple, colored lines on a chart, but when I move the chart, as I do every week to accomodate new data on the page, the lines stay where they were originally drawn. In other words, the lines seem attached to the undelying worksheet, not to the chart itself. Is there a way to draw lines that are attached to the chart? Thanks in advance for any help. Manxman: To attach a line to a chart, first select the chart. you know it's selected when solid squares show up on edge of chart box. Now you can draw your line and Excel will place in chart. If you don't select...

Drawing Backgrounds
I have attempted to put built-in backgrounds into Visio 2003 drawings, and they all have a "washed out" appearance. Is there anyway to enhance the colors? Thank you Marsh On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:58:03 -0800, Marsh <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have attempted to put built-in backgrounds into Visio 2003 drawings, and >they all have a "washed out" appearance. Is there anyway to enhance the >colors? That is the colours they are supposed to have, but you can edit them to suit your owen preferences. You can either edit the background shape o...

Resizing?
Hello, can onyone explain in brief how to do sizing in MFC? How large MFC-based products supports resizable windows/controls, i.e. gui elements? I found nothing worth in MFC/MSDN. For example, How photoshop does sizing its tool windows? Macromedia Dreamweaver, CoolEdit, SoundForge? Do they programmed sizing by hand? I know VCL sizing (anchors or aligned container panels), layout managers in Swing/Java. What about MFC? I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You start off by placing controls in the form(dialog) in resource editor. This is a manual process. It can be automated but a lot of i...

how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a listctrl........????????????
how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a listctrl........???????????? > how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a > listctrl........???????????? Regardless of where it is created, you can use SetWindowPos to size it. --- Ajay ...

Resize UML Actor
Hi all, I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. We're working with UML diagrams and we're having problems resizing the "actor" shape. We can make it larger, but we can only shrink it to a certain size, and then Visio won't let us shrink it any further. .32 X .87 is the smallest we can make it, which is still too big for us. Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Thanks, -Jay Dreyer Hello jay, The size of the actor shape is controlled by the UML addin. It is strange but ?? By the way here is a turn around. The width cannot be smaller than the value of the User.Def...

Resizing email message screen
On starting WLM, it always fills the whole screen of my laptop, no matter how the screen was resized before the previous exit from WLM. Also, on opening any email message after resizing WLM, the email message itself still occupies the whole screen. Is this a problem with Windows 7 Premium which I have on my laptop, or is it a problem with WLM? Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to the size you desire. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Wi...